Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

There was one that got kinda weird and racist wasn’t there?

That would be Coonskin (1975). To say it was controversial would be a bit of an understatement. It aimed to satires racial stereotypes in a very confrontational way and was planed to be an incendiary statement. So with how weird and rough a lot of his works were already... um you you can probably guess sorta how that goes.

The NAACP apparently considers it an important work and it seems the Wu Tang Clan were considering remaking it, but it has gotten a lot of criticism from black groups as well. So if you want to watch it be prepared going in I guess?

Edit: full things up on youtube, not going to link it. It's an important and interesting film, but not really sure it needs to be watched. If you do watch it incredibly NSW obviously, for pretty much everything. I have no idea how it's up on youtube TBH.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

more like shake his cock

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

priznat posted:

No way, that act is actually funnier than the real Rob Schneider.

Did you not hear the announcer? It was Bob Schneider.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Stink Billyums posted:

more like shake his cock

:hmmno:

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Thinking about it, Donald could really pull this back from the brink if he started his own dance craze. Something that really gets the kids going, you know? Some sort of complicated TikTok dance.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Catastrophe posted:

I just want to repost a passage from the ancient book those types of people claim to follow:

"5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen."

I'm sure if you pointed that out to any of them, they'd just scream at you saying you're an evil demon sinner heathen satan worshipping apostate condemned soul for it though.

It's mad, really. Like in the sheep and goats parable, the guys who get condemned to hell for not feeding the hungry, welcoming the stranger and helping the prisoner are just listing the republican platform

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

FMguru posted:

It's the last true art form, in fact.

a murakami fan, perhaps?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Christ mostly spoke in stories and parables, and people have arguing over the interpretation of those for two thousands years (and probably will for at least another two thousand). But occasionally he'd lay the rules out in black and white, and prime examples of those are "if you pray in public you're the worst kind of hypocrite" and "your number one job is to provide for the poor, the hungry, and homeless".

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Stink Billyums posted:

more like shake his cock

Clearly grandma handjob handmaiden is a successful representation of the American dream!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Thinking about it, Donald could really pull this back from the brink if he started his own dance craze. Something that really gets the kids going, you know? Some sort of complicated TikTok dance.

He already has his “jack two dicks off at once”routine, what more could you possibly want?!

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

It's mad, really. Like in the sheep and goats parable, the guys who get condemned to hell for not feeding the hungry, welcoming the stranger and helping the prisoner are just listing the republican platform
Yeah, about that: https://newrepublic.com/post/174950/christianity-today-editor-evangelicals-call-jesus-liberal-weak

quote:

Moore told NPR in an interview released Tuesday that multiple pastors had told him they would quote the Sermon on the Mount, specifically the part that says to “turn the other cheek,” when preaching. Someone would come up after the service and ask, “Where did you get those liberal talking points?”

“What was alarming to me is that in most of these scenarios, when the pastor would say, ‘I’m literally quoting Jesus Christ,’ the response would not be, ‘I apologize.’ The response would be, ‘Yes, but that doesn’t work anymore. That’s weak,’”

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Who cares about Jesus, what has he even done lately?

EDIT: Except make his face appear in waterstains or tortilla shells.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

literally laughing out loud, much to my dog's chagrin. (like a DOG!)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Thesaurus posted:

I'm gonna gently caress the flag on stage. The ultimate display of patriotism

If Trump hosed a flag to completion on stage at one of his rallies he’d get 500 electoral votes

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Buce posted:

literally laughing out loud, much to my dog's chagrin. (like a DOG!)

Your dog is like: You need to make amends with man's best friend(ME!)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

when did this discussion shift to talking about mcdonalds

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Your dog is like: You need to make amends with man's best friend(ME!)

That just gets me wondering: what dog breed could trmup be best anthropomorphized as?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

priznat posted:

Those dinguses sure do love the word “psyop”

I don't even know what they mean? Are they implying that Tswift is only popular because she's a puppet of the deep state or the illuminati?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Regalingualius posted:

That just gets me wondering: what dog breed could trmup be best anthropomorphized as?
Was there ever an 'rear end in a top hat face' breed that asphyxiated itself into extinction?

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Jesus is secondary to obsessing about hell and demons and the apocalypse and fantasizing about scenarios where you get to blast people with guns

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Regalingualius posted:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

keep going guys, this will definitely make her fans vote for you and not think you're the dumbest people that will ever exist

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

All "adult animation" sucks rear end no exceptions though so

The Venture Bros kicks rear end you pathetic cumstain

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:crackping:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ralph Hurley posted:

Jesus is secondary to obsessing about hell and demons and the apocalypse and fantasizing about scenarios where you get to blast people with guns
Trump is a far more comfortable idol for them.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

twistedmentat posted:

I don't even know what they mean? Are they implying that Tswift is only popular because she's a puppet of the deep state or the illuminati?

PSYOP!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

From earlier today

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Wow Fox news cares about CO2 emissions now?? lol

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Agents are GO! posted:

Isn't earth literally in a "do not interfere" zone for The Culture?

We're the control group to see how hosed up poo poo can get if the Culture doesn't intervene.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Trump hosed that one chair in the Hilary debate so maybe he needs someone on stage to keep him from touching stuff.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Silly Burrito posted:

Reminds me, when we went to Disneyland a couple of weeks ago, they had a guy just outside the gates with a speaker and microphone who was supposedly a preacher trying to woo people to God. But he kept yelling that people were molesters, and some other crazy poo poo, and I just wonder "Does that EVER work, yelling at people who are about to go into Disney to have fun?"
I might've gone by the same group on our way out. First thing I remember hearing from megaphone guy was that gays have a higher suicide rate than straights, which always pisses me off some coming from homophobes whose homophobia actively contributes to that stat.

One of his buddies was perched next to the crosswalk button so you couldn't press it without being forced into a conversation with him. His pitch to me was that he had a lot of social anxiety and couldn't talk to people but god saved him from that, which is both a bizarre thing to need god for but also that at that moment it seemed like the best thing in the world would've been if him and his crew shut the gently caress up and stopped being able to talk to people.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

"What? I didn't claim anything! I didn't say nothin'! I'm just over here asking the questions, that's all." is such a pussyass cop-out these people lean on daily

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Regalingualius posted:

Almost too perfect
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_Water_Dog
They tried to breed a dog for water lifesaving purposes that combined the strength of the caucasian shephered with the cold-resistance of the newfoundland. The result was an animal fixated on swimming out to drowning humans and biting them

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Taylor for sure, the more I see her power to break the brains of millions of idiot, the more I figure she's gotta be cool as hell. She just seems like she's probably an interesting person to chat with.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

clearly i dont.

Have the chuds been bitching about hazbin hotel yet. i feel like that show would be a massive magnet for all the worst conservative opinions but after deleating twitter. i have really looked. I just want to laugh at chuds getting mad at gay wholesome rude demon show.

There was a very brief hubub of NEW WOKE SATANIST AMAZON CARTOON in the first few days/week after its premiere from folks like Timple and the Quartering and a few of the usual suspects of the culture war grift. But it died very quickly and got shuffled under the rug because it was stupid popular and did crazy numbers and instantly disrupted The Narrative they were trying to build around it.

The massive built-in fanbase Viv also accumulated over the past few years between the prep work that went into Hazbin and Helluva Boss on YouTube also drowned out any would-be grousing from the usual HitlerNerdtastic88 boomers.

So, no.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

From earlier today

Plane touches down.

Sir, we're detecting a huge burst if CO2 emissions.

Scan the area. I want to know what's responsible for this disaster!

Images coming in now, sir!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Grey Cat posted:

Plane touches down.

Sir, we're detecting a huge burst if CO2 emissions.

Scan the area. I want to know what's responsible for this disaster!

Images coming in now, sir!

♫ My ex-prez brought his big fat rear end, I'm like "Oh. My. God." I'm just gonna sh--[rest of song drowned out by loud, ongoing fart]

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Just when I thought I’ve seen it all. This is not parody account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
swift is an example of a hyper-rich, mega-popular person who also isn't insane which is probably the worst case scenario for the right wing

imagine having elon musk's money and influence at the height of his popularity while also not being elon musk but instead a person with a working brain who you have no external leverage over

literally could sink the next two elections for them straight up by herself as a clapback with no consequences