Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Begemot posted:

No, the last one was too (outside of Japan), but it also had a new protagonist and combat system, which people weren't sure about. It did sell a lot, but more slowly, over time. Now all the old fans have come around on Ichiban (also Kiryu is a party member in this one).

I love that I am roughly the same age as the protagonists in Yakuza. It really makes me feel like I'm not past my prime. If Ichiban can be a Dragon Quest dork and start over at 40+, then so can I!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

how's the sex

how dare you as a game virgin that

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Lad7 was on game pass day 1 iirc

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I noticed a few demos from games on my wishlist in case anyone is interested.

Caribbean Legend
Open world pirate RPG, actually a remaster of sorts of Sea Dogs.

quote:

An open-world RPG, set in the Golden Age of Caribbean piracy. Embark on a 200-hour-long adventure, plunder cities and ships, explore the unknown, discover treasures, forge friendships, earn bounties on your head, and charm the ladies on your path to ultimate freedom!
From Glory To Goo
I like the art in this game a lot, it is a RTS with some light automation stuff I guess and some base building and tower defence.

quote:

From Glory To Goo is a Sci-Fi Survival RTS set on an alien world. Serve as humanity's bulwark by establishing a colony and supporting your colonists still in orbit. But beware, for The Goo, a relentless and shape-shifting force approaches from all sides, even above and below.
Norland
This is one is a playtest, you can re quest access, not sure if it is still open though. The description sounds like Rimworld, but it plays a lot different.

quote:

Norland is a medieval kingdom sim that generates stories. Manage your noble family and face with class society, crime, slave revolts, religious conflict, economic issues, personal relations, treachery, secret murders, and spectacular battles.
Delven

quote:

A blend of strategy, RPG, and idle gameplay in an infinite 2D world. Discover diverse biomes, establish intricate production chains, and command mercenaries in turn-based combat. With offline crafting and an auto-battle feature, Delven caters to both casual gamers and
V.A Proxy

quote:

V.A Proxy is a fast-paced parry focused combat game with a massive dynamic megastructure to explore, it follows the story of three machines that seek freedom as they fall deeper into the guts of this world.
Townseek

quote:

Embark on a journey across the world of Explora and discover the lost legacy of Sir Reginald Sharkingston! Discover exotic landmarks, trade with faraway towns, fish, mine, and farm as you complete your journal and make a name for yourself!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I applied to finally join the SA Goons group on Steam a while back, but I still haven't been accepted. Is there anything else I need to do? The description does say I need to post in the PGS thread, but I'm not sure what that is.

I have no proof but I swear I'm a goon

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Phlegmish posted:

I applied to finally join the SA Goons group on Steam a while back, but I still haven't been accepted. Is there anything else I need to do? The description does say I need to post in the PGS thread, but I'm not sure what that is.

Who is even still running that these days?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Only group I'm currently a member of is Delta Sqad. They should see that and automatically let me in. Like come on

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Phlegmish posted:

The Private Game Servers thread, located here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2584158

But yeah, place is a wasteland.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Jossar posted:

The Private Game Servers thread, located here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2584158

But yeah, place is a wasteland.

Thanks a bunch. I forgot to make a post there, so that's on me.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Rusty posted:

I noticed a few demos from games on my wishlist in case anyone is interested.

Caribbean Legend
Open world pirate RPG, actually a remaster of sorts of Sea Dogs.

Carribean Legend is the indefinitely delayed Sea Dogs Legendary Edition on a new store page. It's on an updated STORM engine

They're releasing the sandbox mode for free next month:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1782680/Caribbean_Legend_Sandbox/

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hogama posted:

New LAD seems to be doing alright for itself.

it's the second most popular pokemon game released this month.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
German Shepard

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Finished up Dragons Dogma, as part of my back log clearing effort and prep for the sequel. I can see why it’s well regarded but it’s definitely rough in some aspects and I started to lose interest near the end. I can’t imagine playing the original release without the more generous port crystals. Which makes the creator’s recent criticism of fast travel funny to me.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

FastestGunAlive posted:

Finished up Dragons Dogma, as part of my back log clearing effort and prep for the sequel. I can see why it’s well regarded but it’s definitely rough in some aspects and I started to lose interest near the end. I can’t imagine playing the original release without the more generous port crystals. Which makes the creator’s recent criticism of fast travel funny to me.

If by finish up you mean just killing the dragon, be sure to play further, that's when the game's plot goes off the rails. Also, if you didn't, definitely go through Bitterblack Isle, it's the best content in the game by a mile.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Infinity Gaia posted:

If by finish up you mean just killing the dragon, be sure to play further, that's when the game's plot goes off the rails. Also, if you didn't, definitely go through Bitterblack Isle, it's the best content in the game by a mile.

No, I went through with the seneschal. I thought about doing bitter black isle but my understanding is you want to be level 100 to start and I’m at 50 with no desire to grind. Maybe if high level pawns are enough to off set the difference I’ll do it.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

FastestGunAlive posted:

No, I went through with the seneschal. I thought about doing bitter black isle but my understanding is you want to be level 100 to start and I’m at 50 with no desire to grind. Maybe if high level pawns are enough to off set the difference I’ll do it.

Level matters less than equipment. Post-dragon equipment is more than enough to get going in BBI.

People have run the BBI challenge where you go to BBI as soon as possible and beat Daimon without ever leaving (except to return to Cassardis Inn)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is there a thread for Enshrouded? I can't seem to find it :ohdear:

How do I know which Flame Shrines I've looted already? Or do they respawn and generate more Sparks?
And what's the difference between a Flame Shrine and Flame Sanctum? Because they have the same icon on the map :shrug:

Orv
May 4, 2011
People are just talking about it in the general survival games thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3655873

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tarezax posted:

Level matters less than equipment. Post-dragon equipment is more than enough to get going in BBI.

People have run the BBI challenge where you go to BBI as soon as possible and beat Daimon without ever leaving (except to return to Cassardis Inn)

Also, if you do find something required that you can't damage in BBI then you can use 4 periapt consumables to do +120% damage and that will probably be enough to let you kill it. I hope you saved fournival (bald fat guy) in the sidequest where he can get executed because he sells them.

I do recommend seeing BBI, it's kind of bullshit in places but it's a very different vibe than the rest of the game and has some really cool locations.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Bitterblack Isle is what I wish the chalice dungeons in Bloodborne were.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, for how silly the main game is, BBI is very atmospheric.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Gyoru posted:

Carribean Legend is the indefinitely delayed Sea Dogs Legendary Edition on a new store page. It's on an updated STORM engine

They're releasing the sandbox mode for free next month:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1782680/Caribbean_Legend_Sandbox/

Well, if the demo's anything to go by... it's still the same janky mess that it was 20 years ago.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hey, is there a way to filter my library, on PC, by games that run on Mac OS? Regular gaming buddy moved to one and we're trying to figure out what we can play together on his machine.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

ZearothK posted:

Hey, is there a way to filter my library, on PC, by games that run on Mac OS? Regular gaming buddy moved to one and we're trying to figure out what we can play together on his machine.

There is a button for linux, which surely doesn't exist on Steam window binary blobs, which filters by 'native linux client only (to be altered by if you've elsewhere checkboxed 'run everything through proton automatically')'. It's on the main library page, added directly next to the 'show only ready to play' and 'sort by recent activity' buttons. If steam has a native mac client, it wouldn't surprise me if there was a button there too for them.

edit: So uh, have him install Steam on his PC, share your library with him (I have never done this), and he can filter it there maybe?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Alright I’ll give bbi a try. Combat was getting dull by the end but maybe this will swap it up

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

ZearothK posted:

No.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mass Effect 3: This Diana Allers woman who wants to be stationed on my ship is super sus. German Shepard doesn't like this one bit.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Sab669 posted:

Is there a thread for Enshrouded? I can't seem to find it :ohdear:

How do I know which Flame Shrines I've looted already? Or do they respawn and generate more Sparks?
And what's the difference between a Flame Shrine and Flame Sanctum? Because they have the same icon on the map :shrug:

Shrines are in an open area, Sanctums are buildings. Both respawn upon loading up the world, same as every other thing beyond your homebase area.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Phlegmish posted:

Mass Effect 3: This Diana Allers woman who wants to be stationed on my ship is super sus. German Shepard doesn't like this one bit.
Good call, always be suspicious of video game journalists.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Lmao how is Palworld this much better than Pokémon

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Running on something substantially more powerful than an Xbox360 probably helps...

Mordja fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 29, 2024

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Rolo posted:

Lmao how is Palworld this much better than Pokémon

I had a really good time with it but I'm going to hold out until they do some work on the pathfinding/AI for pals at your base (which is at the top of their roadmap for what it's worth). I like making cool looking bases in these games but if you make anything more complicated than like a giant wooden cube the pathfinding goes to poo poo and your dudes get stuck and don't work and starve to death lol.

All the exploration and monster-catching stuff is very fun and greatly exceeded my expectations, I just want a passable base-building system in my base-building game.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
My main complaint about Palworld at this point is that there's no way to expand the extents of your base. I want to make a huge village dammit!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Many of its elements are in a pretty rough state (managing a settlement can be incredibly frustrating) but the core loop they’ve identified is really satisfying.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

goferchan posted:

I had a really good time with it but I'm going to hold out until they do some work on the pathfinding/AI for pals at your base (which is at the top of their roadmap for what it's worth). I like making cool looking bases in these games but if you make anything more complicated than like a giant wooden cube the pathfinding goes to poo poo and your dudes get stuck and don't work and starve to death lol.

Sometimes I can’t even figure out how they got there. If I turn my back for twenty seconds several of my werewolves will be stuck up trees.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

Sometimes I can’t even figure out how they got there. If I turn my back for twenty seconds several of my werewolves will be stuck up trees.

There was a cat up there.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I actually think Enshrouded looks more interesting. It seems like it is iterating on some of the better parts of Valheim and I'd like something similar to that game based more on exploring than Ark style monster raising/training/etc. I haven't heard if it's in a good state already or this is an early rough launch.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Volte posted:

My main complaint about Palworld at this point is that there's no way to expand the extents of your base. I want to make a huge village dammit!

Build two bases next to each other and or disable structure decay so you can build whatever outside the blue circle without it breaking down.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i put 30 hours into palworld and my two main takeaways are

1. its extremely fun
2. im not playing again until they fix the pal pathing

once they work on the pathing im definitely gonna sink a lot more time into it since i wont be getting frustrated from having a base with any amount of design put into it causing pals to get stuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

If you are not down with Abiotic Factor
You are no friend of mine nor a Goon
Hang it up!