Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Gonna be honest, I don't have much high hopes of Steeple ending all of its dangling plot hooks in a satisfactory manner. There's Maggie's Dad planning some poo poo, Magus Tom trapping Rev's merfold-fied friend in a dungeon for something, Brian being back to a regular werewolf, the Church apparently being shut down because of the old woman snitching on what Billie did, whoever these Extreme Freaks are, and now this murder mystery with Mrs. Clovis.

There's just too much going on and not enough pages to give it any focus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I'm guessing the plan is to "end" Steeple, but not worry about loose threads just like he doesn't worry about losing his favorite characters when he ends their comics. All will be dissolved into the John Allison-verse.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp0jasu4ZNo

A recording of a livestream Allison and Sarin just did to talk about the behind the scenes in The Great British Bump-off

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

And since the above spoilered the very well kept secret we are getting a Conan the Barbarian comic next, gonna share the cover because I love it to bits:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Saoshyant posted:

And since the above spoilered the very well kept secret we are getting a Conan the Barbarian comic next, gonna share the cover because I love it to bits:

It's Glurm! He's back!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Saoshyant posted:

Is that a Fishman I see?

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!
Turns out John Allison looks exactly like a John Allison drawing. Nifty.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (April 7-8, 2005)

That's it for Bulgaria! This next arc is one I quite like, and in my opinion it's the start of a more coherent meta-narrative arc for SGR, as it has a significant impact on the rest of the run.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
wasn't Charlotte's last murder accusation mystery more than a little inconclusive also

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Steeple

John A posted:

In case there is any confusion here — and there is always some confusion — St Piran’s is Reverend Penrose’s church.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I love the Holy Hi-Vis.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"I can do it for a tithe of £2000, but that's only if I can get me regular clerics"

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Forgot to post yesterday, oops!

Shelley Winters posted:

In 2005, Britain went to the polls. This was not just a case of us copying America, we vote all the time here!

Democracy is our lifeblood, just so long as it isn't raining or we forgot to go to the polling station or we used our polling card to scrape bird poo off the car. Sometimes democracy is not so easy - just ask the Cubans!

Working as I was in the mayor's office, it was deeply troubling to be challenged by local inventor Tim Jones for control of the city. Tim and I go way back, and now it was incumbent upon me to dash his dreams. As mayor's assistant, I did my very best. Some might say I got carried away in the process, but politics is a passionate thing.

I would like to take a moment to say a few words about Tackleford's major, Mr James Mayor. No one has ever cared quite so much about coming to work and sitting in an office as that man. I was proud to work for his office.

Unfortunately prior to this campaign, we had weather a few small problems (documented in Scary Go Round books 2 & 3).

Yes, arguably inviting killer robots to visit our city was maverick policy-making. You can't always get things right.

Yes, perhaps presiding over city-wide riots concerning a small bald child did not cover us in glory. I would however point to my redesign of the Tackleford Metropolitan Borough Council logo to include a cheeky cat. I think touches like that make everyone's life a little better!

ADDENDUM: The exciting conclusion of this story features my friend Natalie Durand, who was blown up by an itinerant orangutan. I don't know if you get to vote in the afterlife, where God is in charge.

APOLOGIA: Deepest apologies to Jeremy Vines, who no longer presents "The Politics Show" after I accidentally hit him in the ear with my elbow.

Scary Go Round (April 11-13, 2005)

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Kazinsal posted:

Scary Go Round (April 11-13, 2005)

Allison also did some pen-and-paper versions of these strips under the Scareodeleria label:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Steeple

John A posted:

We can all just agree that whatever is happening in this comic page is what had to happen. In every regard.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (April 14-18, 2005)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I was starting to think Lorraine was a stealth Satanist (I guess she still might be), this is worse

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

davidspackage posted:

I was starting to think Lorraine was a stealth Satanist (I guess she still might be), this is worse

Oh that's much much worse.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

Scary Go Round (April 14-18, 2005)

Again, Allison also did these pages in Scareoderlia:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (April 19-21, 2005)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (April 22-26, 2005)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Steeple

John A posted:

JASON! I put him at the top of the page months ago and he never appeared. Well, he’s here now, as blue and lovely as ever. It’s Jason’s time to shine!!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (April 27-29, 2005)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Steeple

John A posted:

A little shop for Bob? Lovely.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder who Billie and Maggie see in the shop. Bob Crowley is an old Bobbinsverse character who appeared in several Scary-Go-Round stories, but he's never shown up in Steeple. I figure either a) Maggie and/or Billie had some sort of unpleasant altercation with Crowley "off-panel", or b) the store is only named after Crowley and someone else is inside, either Maggie's father or the hipster witches.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Hint: Maggie's dad is called Robert, too. She refers to him sarcastically as "Bob" in more than one occasion.

Also, he's (supposedly) turning over a new leaf. It may be a joint business with a certain other Bob... Crowley.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I wonder how Bob Crowley would hold up if he wound up appearing in modern-day Steeple.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I hope we're about to find out :allears:

Scary Go Round (May 2-3, 2005)

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

So Allison posted a corrected version of today's Steeple comic.

John Allison posted:

EDIT: For some reason I wrote “CROWLEY” not “WARREN” on the shop. None of my friends who see the comic early, or indeed the Patreon readers, spotted this and pointed it out! Bob Crowley is an old character from Scary Go Round. What a prize I am. This has now been corrected.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Still prefer my theory that it's a joint venture between both Roberts.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Aw, man. No Bob :( I was actually looking forward to that little bit of lore crossover.

Scary Go Round (May 4-6, 2005)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Steeple

John A posted:

There’s no denying that the Extreme Freaks are extreme, but they seem a decent enough bunch. Sadly they do not appear on any of the remaining pages. You’ll just have to get to work on your “head canon”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (May 9-11, 2005)