Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Take only nothing

Leave only bodies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1751550143063597530
He's a fringe politician but Putin telling Orban he'll be gifted part of Ukraine for being a good boy wouldn't surprise me. Although who'd trust Putin not to want it back?

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 28, 2024

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lol reading another article on the Greek deal (https://archive.ph/OUNUx#selection-4851.0-4851.205):

quote:

In addition to the sale of the F-35 jets, the US plans to give Greece two C-130H aircrafts, 10 engines for P-3 aircrafts and 60 Bradley infantry fighting vehicles for free from its excess defense articles.

Motherfucker. Suddenly there are, in fact, excess defense articles!

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

If they go for free, then no budget approvals are needed?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Final results of the HIMARS hit on the drone operators' training ground; 38 dead, 2 missing, and 2 civilian instructors. 20 wounded.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Pablo Bluth posted:

He's a fringe politician but Putin telling Orban he'll be gifted part of Ukraine for being a good boy wouldn't surprise me. Although who'd trust Putin not to want it back?

Well, thanks for saying it out loud, I guess? loving ghoulish.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
https://twitter.com/APHClarkson/status/1751669741310153019?t=Rnjl515V-PjFBYnGCxzC-w&s=19

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Lol reading another article on the Greek deal (https://archive.ph/OUNUx#selection-4851.0-4851.205):

Motherfucker. Suddenly there are, in fact, excess defense articles!

I suppose the rules are pretty different when you're dealing with a NATO country and there are legal obligations for things like that in play

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Maybe Greece is expected to gift Ukraine some of their old stuff in the deal?

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

quote:

Brussels threatens to hit Hungary’s economy if Viktor Orbán vetoes Ukraine aid

EU strategy aims to spook investors by cutting off funding to Budapest in stand-off over €50bn package

The EU will sabotage Hungary’s economy if Budapest blocks fresh aid to Ukraine at a summit this week, under a confidential plan drawn up by Brussels that marks a significant escalation in the battle between the EU and its most pro-Russian member state.

In a document drawn up by EU officials and seen by the Financial Times, Brussels has outlined a strategy to explicitly target Hungary’s economic weaknesses, imperil its currency and drive a collapse in investor confidence in a bid to hurt “jobs and growth” if Budapest refuses to lift its veto against the aid to Kyiv.

Viktor Orbán, Hungary’s premier, has vowed to block the use of the EU budget to provide €50bn in financial aid to Ukraine at an emergency summit of leaders on Thursday.

If he does not back down, other EU leaders should publicly vow to permanently shut off all EU funding to Budapest with the intention of spooking the markets, precipitating a run on the country’s forint currency and a surge in the cost of its borrowing, Brussels stated in the document.

“This is Europe telling Viktor Orbán ‘enough is enough; it’s time to get in line. You may have a pistol, but we have the bazooka’,” said Mujtaba Rahman, Europe director at Eurasia Group, a consultancy.

The document declares that “in the case of no agreement in the February 1 [summit], other heads of state and government would publicly declare that in the light of the unconstructive behaviour of the Hungarian PM . . . they cannot imagine that” EU funds would be provided to Budapest.

https://www.ft.com/content/9dabcd4b-9c64-4124-9f9c-b0c898c84c8f

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
A third of a million casualties huh.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe we can have a peace deal after all? Hungary can have Donbas and Ukraine gets present-day Hungary. Then Orban and Putin can 69 or whatever till they're blue in the face, and we don't have to fight those assholes anymore.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

beer_war posted:

In a document drawn up by EU officials and seen by the Financial Times, Brussels has outlined a strategy to explicitly target Hungary’s economic weaknesses, imperil its currency and drive a collapse in investor confidence in a bid to hurt “jobs and growth” if Budapest refuses to lift its veto against the aid to Kyiv.

https://www.ft.com/content/9dabcd4b-9c64-4124-9f9c-b0c898c84c8f

I'm kinda thinking that this should happen even if Orban promises to cooperate this time, and even if he does actually cooperate (this time)

How is that piece of poo poo going to learn any lessons if he can, still, keep avoiding any consequences he cares about? The proposed letter is clearly yet more words to try to persuade him. gently caress words, words never work against fascists. They need to be beaten up with real things such as actual cash money (for Orban that should be enough, I don't think we'll need artillery and bombs against him, unlike with more far gone fascists)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

jaete posted:

I'm kinda thinking that this should happen even if Orban promises to cooperate this time, and even if he does actually cooperate (this time)

How is that piece of poo poo going to learn any lessons if he can, still, keep avoiding any consequences he cares about? The proposed letter is clearly yet more words to try to persuade him. gently caress words, words never work against fascists. They need to be beaten up with real things such as actual cash money (for Orban that should be enough, I don't think we'll need artillery and bombs against him, unlike with more far gone fascists)

We've been meaning to do that for loving with the democratic institution even regardless of Ukraine so yes absolutely, as long as we have some more sticks to hit him with later (see previous post) :v:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Hey what happened to that prisoner exchange

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

mobby_6kl posted:

We've been meaning to do that for loving with the democratic institution even regardless of Ukraine so yes absolutely, as long as we have some more sticks to hit him with later (see previous post) :v:

Send Orban to Ukraine for a talk with Zelensky, and if he comes back with a black eye and cracked ribs we all agree he tripped down the stairs

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

mobby_6kl posted:

Maybe we can have a peace deal after all? Hungary can have Donbas and Ukraine gets present-day Hungary. Then Orban and Putin can 69 or whatever till they're blue in the face, and we don't have to fight those assholes anymore.

I want most of Belohungary for my own purposes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i think whats gonna hurt them more is the vehicle/equitment loss. Putin and friends don't give gently caress about the chaff they send out but eventually your gonna run out of ways to equipthem. my question is, does russia have any actual big concentrations of vets or regular proffessional soldiers/mercs left, because it seems like its just penal legions now.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think whats gonna hurt them more is the vehicle/equitment loss. Putin and friends don't give gently caress about the chaff they send out but eventually your gonna run out of ways to equipthem. my question is, does russia have any actual big concentrations of vets or regular proffessional soldiers/mercs left, because it seems like its just penal legions now.

The last of the VEE DEE VEE in addition to their new recruits have been attempting to dislodge the Ukrainians from their bridgehead across the Dnipro. So far, to no avail.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Veto powers are always stupid, no exception.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pablo Bluth posted:

Is this some 0,5% of the popular vote right wing lunatic cranks party, or a 20% of the popular vote mainstream "gonna have a significant say in ruling the country" right wing party? It's honestly hard to tell these days, because it feels like the lines between the two are so blurry.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

mobby_6kl posted:

Sounds good, Orbán can claim he's gradually returning the Magyars to their ancestral steppe where they can shed the burdens of material possessions and live in tents, uncorrupted by wokeism.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Is this some 0,5% of the popular vote right wing lunatic cranks party, or a 20% of the popular vote mainstream "gonna have a significant say in ruling the country" right wing party? It's honestly hard to tell these days, because it feels like the lines between the two are so blurry.

Literal "let's start building ovens" Nazi parties are only fringe parties until they get into power, like in Finland.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's a covid reactionary party but it got 5.7% in national elections. Hungarian-Ukrainian relations haven't been great for a while over minority rights in the Zakarpattia border region of Ukraine. I think it's a given that that t Orban would have that bit of land if he could but just won't say it aloud.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Pablo Bluth posted:

Trianon was too soft

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Literal "let's start building ovens" Nazi parties are only fringe parties until they get into power, like in Finland.

Yeah. For those not paying attention to Finnish politics, our right wing "chase everyone darker than a sheet of printer paper out of the country" lunatics are now in the government and their number one rear end in a top hat (who has previously written that he wished he could've been carrying a gun when a gay man had hit on him in a bar, among other things) got 19% of the vote in our presidential elections.

poo poo sucks, and we all have to be vigilant and do everything we can to prevent these idiots from taking control of Europe again.

Pablo Bluth posted:

It's a covid reactionary party but it got 5.7% in national elections. Hungarian-Ukrainian relations haven't been great for a while over minority rights in the Zakarpattia border region of Ukraine. I think it's a given that that t Orban would have that bit of land if he could but just won't say it aloud.

So normal stupid bullshit, gotcha.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Did Marin really stir the brainworms so badly, that these clowns could wriggle their way into office? That's disheartening.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I'd say this precedes Marin.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

They absolutely have veterans, just like Ukraine has despite both taking hard losses. It's too easy to say the war will be won any day now that the reserves are depleted, especially since Russia has more reserves to call up.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

poo poo sucks, and we all have to be vigilant and do everything we can to prevent these idiots from taking control of Europe again.

The way to do that is to help Russia lose every war it starts.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

THE BAR posted:

Did Marin really stir the brainworms so badly, that these clowns could wriggle their way into office? That's disheartening.

They precede Marin's government, and the left-leaning parties and centrists had some form of pact that they refuse to go to the government with the right-leaning republicans-light party in case it wins the election, which it did. So the only options for that party was to either give up despite winning the elections, or try to form a government with the Nazis, Swedish-speaking Finns, and Christian fundamentalists, which it did.

And because that happened, Marin resigned her representative seat and gave a 1-finger salute to everyone who voted her, because she wasn't interested on being a face in the crowd and left for better-paying job with Tony Blair's PR cover for oil money.

Not the proudest moment for the Finnish parliamentary system for either side of the room.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There was literally never any doubt about KOK, RKP, and KD being fully willing and even eager to form a cabinet with the HTLRs. KESK really wanted to, too, but as always they were too busy infighting and pettäing to manage it. We'll probably see VIHR and HTLR in the same cabinet at some point.

e: Unless we do the correct thing and ban Rudimentary Finns. Banning fascist parties is not, as some people on the SA Forums very vocally claim, fascism. It's the very opposite!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The way to do that is to help Russia lose every war it starts.

That's definitely a big part of it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That's definitely a big part of it.

Well that together with cutting all economic ties with Russia and embargoing the poo poo out of the country. It's not going to happen, but it would do it.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

THE BAR posted:

Her government was an anomaly that happened by accident.
Previous election was won by City Conservative party Kokoomus (KOK), but they were such an arrogant assholes about it, that Rural Conservative party Keskusta (KESK) allied themselves with Social Democrats (SDP) instead of joining KOK and Racist Conservative party Perussuomalaiset (PS).

Marin wasn't even a minister at the start. The First SDP Prime minister was more of a middle-ground union guy,
but he was ousted by KESK backstabbing so Marin was elevated by the SDP to be the new Prime Minister.

KESK ended up being such utter failures, that they lost enough voters to KOK and PS, so they could form the current government without the KESK.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Iltalehti (the main voice of the Kreml in Finland) literally published at least two stupid hit-pieces on Marin every day. "DID SANNA MARIN KILL A CHILD?" (I mean no but just asking questions.) "SANNA MARIN HAS AT LEAST TWO BREASTS, JUST LIKE POL POT'S WIFE!!", "SANNA MARIN WORE TROUSERS - VERY DISRESPECTFUL OF PEOPLE WITH ONLY ONE LEG!" etc.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Marin went to a party once and that's why Finns had to become Nazis

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Issaries posted:

Kokoomus .

Høhøhø serr

ElPedro
Apr 22, 2008
So the Hungary Minister of foreign affairs Péter Szijjártó is visiting Ukraine.... just for show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

How has Orpo been overall wrt helping Ukraine anyways?