Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMathyFolf
Sep 14, 2014

sitchensis posted:

me: I think capitalism is hurting my mental health
doc: *drawing a skull on rx pad* take this to your local pharmacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

apatheticman posted:

In alberta you just go to the pharmacist directly

Shoppers drug mart is opening up "Pharmacist Clinics" so you can just go to them directly for drugs

please scan your shoppers opium card

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
maid on sundays gets double the pc points. its our best offer ever

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
it's good to have yet another thread title about suicide, the national pastime

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

RBC posted:

maid on sundays gets double the pc points. its our best offer ever

tuesdays senior discount day

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

lol

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

He should make episodes going in and fixing his own handiwork and just not acknowledge who the original contractor was.

No one would notice or care.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Holmodoor

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

PhilippAchtel posted:

He should make episodes going in and fixing his own handiwork and just not acknowledge who the original contractor was.

trademark that idea before he steals it

Holmes on Holmes' Homes

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

apatheticman posted:

In alberta you just go to the pharmacist directly

Shoppers drug mart is opening up "Pharmacist Clinics" so you can just go to them directly for drugs

over-the-counter option is a used captive bolt pistol

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
generic MAID is just some time in a public school in the US

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

tuyop posted:

generic MAID is just some time in a public school in the US

in canada it comes in a yellow no name package but its made at the same factory as the name brand stuff

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I prefer the Primo suicide booths.

People say you can't tell the difference, but you can.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hussen got disowned by his family.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

PhilippAchtel posted:

I happened to hit upon this article this morning.
14 of the homes needed major repairs due to shoddy construction with 3 being so bad that it was more economical to just tear them down.

They were heavily marketed and promoted by Mike Holmes but the actual Holmes inspection was an "upgrade" that no one bought.
Now his company is saying they had nothing to do with the development at all, despite partially funding the development, plastering his name all over it, and actually buying one of the homes (later quickly resold to a different sucker).

Shameful to lend your name with the aura of "doing it right" when you're not actually going to ensure that it's done right. Just seems like a stupidly risky way to make a quick buck with so much potential for damage to your name.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

sitchensis posted:

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Fidelitious posted:

Shameful to lend your name with the aura of "doing it right" when you're not actually going to ensure that it's done right. Just seems like a stupidly risky way to make a quick buck with so much potential for damage to your name.

This seems like a uniquely Canadian thing to do.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Slotducks posted:

Particularly since it involves real estate.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Slotducks posted:

yeah, when was the last time you saw Tim Horton making customers a cup of coffee?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Fidelitious posted:

But enough about the NDP

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

PhilippAchtel posted:

But enough about the NDP

The emails asking to help build up a war chest are baffling because surely our beloved coalition partners will reinstate the per vote subsidy in exchange for our support until the next election?

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

sitchensis posted:

Wait, what if you are the doctor and you realize that capitalism is hurting your mental health?

Asking for a friend, who is me.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

The emails asking to help build up a war chest are baffling because surely our beloved coalition partners will reinstate the per vote subsidy in exchange for our support until the next election?

Weird how these third parties keep propping up governments on the promise of parliamentary / voting reform, but they never seem to get it.

Really weird!

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Albino Squirrel posted:

Wait, what if you are the doctor and you realize that capitalism is hurting your mental health?

Asking for a friend, who is me.

physician, maid thyself

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

cock hero flux posted:

physician, maid thyself
I had a guy come in and ask for MAID because he was depressed and nothing was working.

I told him that I couldn't refer him (yet) and suggested he try cymbalta.

Then I went home and had a bunch of whisky.

Just kidding, the whisky was at my desk.

Nevil Maskelyne
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
what kind of whiskey do you like i like islay scotch whiskey and i drink a lot of it because im on ei and cant be bothered to find a new job until it runs out

i learned that apparently with canadian whiskey they fuckin let them add neutral spirits to the thing and thats why most of it is bad

go figure

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
The neolibs are too cheap/incapable to build camps so instead they make life terrible enough that the minorities exterminate themselves. A truly efficient system.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Albino Squirrel posted:

I had a guy come in and ask for MAID because he was depressed and nothing was working.

I told him that I couldn't refer him (yet) and suggested he try cymbalta.

Then I went home and had a bunch of whisky.

Just kidding, the whisky was at my desk.

man the least you could do is some of that good poo poo you get access to that the rest of us can only dream of taking, like paxlovid

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Alberta Premium stays winning

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

cock hero flux posted:

Albertan, maid thyself

Gainsboro
Feb 28, 2023

Twenty Year Lurker
It took me years to get prescribed depression meds that actually worked (without causing mania). Personally, if nothing worked to relieve my condition, I'd want MAID to be available to me.

The primary alternative is "go DIY yourself", which is far crueler and inhumane.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

PhilippAchtel posted:

I prefer the Primo suicide booths.

People say you can't tell the difference, but you can.

I Can't Believe It's Not MAID

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Alberta Frenulum

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

this is the real alberta advantage

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Nevil Maskelyne posted:

what kind of whiskey do you like i like islay scotch whiskey and i drink a lot of it because im on ei and cant be bothered to find a new job until it runs out

i learned that apparently with canadian whiskey they fuckin let them add neutral spirits to the thing and thats why most of it is bad

go figure

Wasn't Canadian whiskey always like this? I was under the impression that our whiskey industry arose in response to prohibition in the USA, so it wasn't a question of making a good product, but a good enough product. Thus neutral spirit + caramel colour became the recipe for Canadian-style whiskey. Maybe I'm wrong but nonetheless, lmao

Canada: neutral in spirit, flammable in practice

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Gainsboro posted:

It took me years to get prescribed depression meds that actually worked (without causing mania). Personally, if nothing worked to relieve my condition, I'd want MAID to be available to me.

The primary alternative is "go DIY yourself", which is far crueler and inhumane.

maybe this explains your posting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gainsboro
Feb 28, 2023

Twenty Year Lurker

Arivia posted:

maybe this explains your posting
Rude.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

i literally got into a sorry fight with a guy at the dollarama yesterday, both of us going sorry for accidentally running into each other and blocking each others respective ways at the corner. so no i'm not rude i'm perfectly canadian

Gainsboro
Feb 28, 2023

Twenty Year Lurker

Arivia posted:

i literally got into a sorry fight with a guy at the dollarama yesterday, both of us going sorry for accidentally running into each other and blocking each others respective ways at the corner. so no i'm not rude i'm perfectly canadian
"Maybe you've shitposted in C-SPAM because of the drugs you take to keep from blowing your brains out" just seems a teensy bit ableist to me. Not very progressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Nevil Maskelyne posted:

go figure
I came to the decision that i don't really like peat, so mostly east highland blends and lowland stuff - auchentoshan's 3 wood is nice. I don't know of a good EI option. Irish blends are OK I guess; I don't feel like I'm dying with Jamieson's, anyhow.

And yes most Canadian whiskey is trash tier. Forty Creek makes some good stuff.