Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

DancingShade posted:

It's fine. Most character specific weapons are like a 10-20% damage boost over the more easily available 4 stars anyway. If that amount of DPS is important in a casual game then go nuts chasing it, if it makes one happy. Otherwise battlepass, regular gatcha or even crafted weapons are more than sufficient.

It's the allure of min-max bigger number that gets people going.
The issue with hers is that it's a buff, so it's a 10-20% damage boost for the character who might have their own personal weapon giving them a corresponding damage boost. There are other support weapons that can do similar, like Key, and those also are pretty good, but Key is also way less character-specific (Kuki and Furina can both use it, for example).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The Crane's Echoing Call is absolutely amazing on Xianyun so it's not like green donut or purple donut. It's as much for the energy recharge as the buff - changing her burst cost from 70 to 50 is so huge in terms of how much atk you can stack on her.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
getting the fan but not getting Xianyun will give rise to the new wanderer plunging meta

Kale
May 14, 2010

What's the best channel blocker I can use for youtube now, because after like the 4th day in a row of browsing around and just getting indundated with lovely react content about the game and why I'm apparently a scum of the Earth bootlicker for playing it I'm just completely over it and need to start filtering poo poo manually. Is Blocktube sufficient?

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Kale posted:

What's the best channel blocker I can use for youtube now, because after like the 4th day in a row of browsing around and just getting indundated with lovely react content about the game and why I'm apparently a scum of the Earth bootlicker for playing it I'm just completely over it and need to start filtering poo poo manually. Is Blocktube sufficient?

uBlock Origin still working wonders for me.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Random code from twitch, 60 primos: CT2BDW7JD38M

Kale
May 14, 2010

Maxwells Demon posted:

uBlock Origin still working wonders for me.

Fortunately I already have that but didn't think it would work for this. Found some coding tips on how to completely block a channel and started off by blocking the channel Tectone and anything to do with it from appearing in search queries for "Genshin" with the utmost extreme prejudice since that overwhelmingly seems to be the channel where most of the garbage tier react content videos are coming from. Will add more if further channels continue to pursue dumb drama into 4.4 after I get back from my vacation, but blocking that one channel specifically for now should solve like 90% of the issue I figure. Thanks for the pointer that uBlock Origin apparently does everything.

It sucks that I had to block this poo poo on my end at this point, but like good loving god. :stare: Now I just need to figure out if I can do this with the mobile app for youtube too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R3C7Ft2iEs

Anyway a goofy rear end video I dug up from the CN community through all the bullshit today I guess.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 28, 2024

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

No Wave posted:

The Crane's Echoing Call is absolutely amazing on Xianyun so it's not like green donut or purple donut. It's as much for the energy recharge as the buff - changing her burst cost from 70 to 50 is so huge in terms of how much atk you can stack on her.
The purple donut is actually kind of legit now for Furina Mono Hydro with Kokomi driving. Nevermind that the reason for that is mostly that all the better alternatives are Crit-focused. Also nevermind that Yelan/Xingqiu and Furina are doing most of the damage.

It is honestly really funny that Neuvillette's tome is more generally usable than a lot of these hyper-specialized 5* catalysts. If nothing else, it's actually really good on Yanfei. Though part of me now wonders if Plunge Yanfei could be a thing with Xianyun...

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

valuum posted:

Sweet, thanks!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

valuum posted:

May Barbatos guide you.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

valuum posted:

very cool, thanks!

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

valuum posted:

Roughly a third of a roll for free, what is this, Genshins 4 month anniversary?

Joking aside, thanks, always appreciate when people share codes in this thread, its literally the only place I get my genshin news.

Kale
May 14, 2010

SiKboy posted:

Roughly a third of a roll for free, what is this, Genshins 4 month anniversary?

Joking aside, thanks, always appreciate when people share codes in this thread, its literally the only place I get my genshin news.

I'm reasonably certain that pretty soon that's gonna be the same situation for me if things are still in the state they are outside of it come the end of February. Anything besides this thread for Genshin related discussion, news and wacky videos from bilibili is starting to feel increasingly pointless by the day.

That said I still think Genshin needs to adjust how it handles rewards to be more in line with what people are doing for them and that HSR's approach could stand to be the new baseline. Like it's pretty weird copying and pasting a code into a web page that takes 5 seconds gives as many or more primo gems a lot of the time than doing a 20 minute quest in game, which is usually in the 40-60 range upon completion. It is also super weird that I can open a chest in HSR or hunt a Warp Trotter and get 60 stellar jade usually, while doing the same in Genshin often results in 2-10. Like people aren't wrong about the stark difference in rewards for actions taken between the two games, I'm just weary as gently caress about hearing about it literally constantly as so many pundit's sole insight on the games outside of this thread lately. It's like I have loving eyes and know how to do math, I can see the numbers, I don't need to be informed about it several times a day outside the SA thread on Genshin Impact.

Granted I'm always willing to consider the other side of things, and will admit that I need the greater rewards in HSR far more right now that I'm taking a more active approach to the game and trying to build my roster up than I do in Genshin where I'm sitting on a stock of 40K primos (compared to like 1K Stellar Jade for HSR) for most of the Fontaine Arc thanks to clearing up everything Pre-Fontaine and not having anything to roll on in the game from about 2.7-4.0 so that's kind of making me apathetic to the "Genshin generosity" issue a bit since I just kind of don't desperately need another 7 rolls or whatever right now like I need everything I can get in HSR to close out getting Kafka. Like I'd gladly take it for sure, but I don't need it nearly as much as I need 20 free rolls in HSR over the next couple weeks. Like I can probably just get every remaining Fontaine arc 5 star and maybe some constellations even right now just by playing the game casually because I've been meticulous as gently caress about how I do spend my primogems and when ever since I started playing the game actively, but I recognize not everybody is in that situation when they're kind of freaking the gently caress out about the Lantern Rite bonuses.

Sorry for the continued ramblings about it, but like what the gently caress is going on out there these days and was a gacha game going mainstream possibly a mistake after all I wonder? Or maybe did social media finish finally finish off what was left of people's brains and ability not to bore me to tears on the internet with their redundant commentary and petty slap fights at the end of 2023. Should I blame Elon for this too? :stonk:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Genshin is a gacha game. Genshin is a very good and popular game despite this fact. A lot of people who have never played a gacha game have Genshin as their first experience with one, including a larger number of young children and teenagers. The fact that kids as a whole do not have large disposable income does not prevent them from getting caught up in the predatory manipulation that is part of the gacha game design. A large portion of the audience is thus incredibly invested emotionally in even the most meager scraps of free rolls. This is free hits for content creators of various stripes who proceed to make a million "the latest INSULT from the DEVS!!" youtube videos in response.

Now you understand the fundamental dynamic and can safely ignore 95% of Genshin discussion on the internet.

Jinkeloid
Jan 6, 2024

Dweller of the
Mythical Oriental Continent

Asimo posted:

Genshin is a gacha game. Genshin is a very good and popular game despite this fact. A lot of people who have never played a gacha game have Genshin as their first experience with one, including a larger number of young children and teenagers. The fact that kids as a whole do not have large disposable income does not prevent them from getting caught up in the predatory manipulation that is part of the gacha game design. A large portion of the audience is thus incredibly invested emotionally in even the most meager scraps of free rolls. This is free hits for content creators of various stripes who proceed to make a million "the latest INSULT from the DEVS!!" youtube videos in response.

Now you understand the fundamental dynamic and can safely ignore 95% of Genshin discussion on the internet.

Might as well consider the fact that many new players don't know that in video game industry, 50-100 hour playtime already represents a huge game or a game with well-made design for repetitiveness, usual video game players can and will move on, drop their game for a while or even dare I say, touch grass.

As good as Genshin is, it can just support so many hours before player gets bored, "just play another game" usually is just not an option a lot of players would have ever considered(and those who consider often fall to other Gacha games), so they spend rest of their game time online and fight for their turf wars.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Jinkeloid posted:

Might as well consider the fact that many new players don't know that in video game industry, 50-100 hour playtime already represents a huge game or a game with well-made design for repetitiveness, usual video game players can and will move on, drop their game for a while or even dare I say, touch grass.

As good as Genshin is, it can just support so many hours before player gets bored, "just play another game" usually is just not an option a lot of players would have ever considered(and those who consider often fall to other Gacha games), so they spend rest of their game time online and fight for their turf wars.

High concept poo poo apparently. I've been supplementing this patch with finally getting around to playing Dragon Quest XI because even I get bored of the formula a little sometimes and just came off of a huge catch up session on everything pre-Fontaine up until the middle stages of 4.2. That's a lot of grinding no matter how you look at it to 100% everything the game had in it up until 4.0 that I'm just a little burnt out myself through 4.3. Doesn't mean I'm no longer enjoying the game, just need to experience other games too in my free gaming time for a bit. It's a huge chunk of the reason I've been more actively pursuing HSR right now too and just bought my first express supply pass about 10 days ago.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I mean, my Genshin play time is very up and down; there'll be weeks/months where all I do are my dailies, and I'll let quests build up until an event forces me to complete them, and usually by them I'll actually be in the mood to play. When 4.0 dropped I think I spent maybe a couple of hours exploring Fontaine before I went back to doing the bare minimum, and it wasn't until the Chevreuse event before I got back into doing quests. Now I'm fairly caught up (save for this Unfinished Comedy quest, but fuuuuuck the Fortress of Meropide) and I'm even grinding to build up a new team (got Navia to a decent place, now working on Gorou and Yun Jin currently, and then on Furina). But chances are once that's done I'll probably go back to doing the bare minimum again for a while, and that's fine.

But tbh if I wasn't a F2P player I'd probably skip my dailies some weeks

Kale
May 14, 2010

I'll just close out my thoughts as 4.3 comes to an end and the battle pass on it just expired today by saying that it was kind of wild seeing the 4.4 livestream, things seemed relatively pretty normal and like it was just another livestream on another Friday and most of last weekend with some upbeat and some critical commentary on it. Then some time on Tuesday or so some people in China on Douyin/TikTok apparently decided for everyone else that things were super bad and then everybody outside this thread that I can see who was generally pretty neutral on it before (it's like you know...the Lantern Rite patch that marks the half anniversaries for this game....like...you know...Ganyu and Liyue and folklore poo poo, kind of a tradition at this point) suddenly hopped on this thought process that Hoyoverse was treating the fanbase like absolute garbage and the entire patch is worthless shite and a slap in the face before it even comes out for giving, I think 7 less IF Tokens in 4.4 than HSR is in 2.0 (still not quite clear on this even now because of all the white noise out there and what's really happening with the Lantern Rite intertwined fate token distributions which is genuinely annoying), that it's the most insulting thing they've ever heard in their entire lives and I wake up to an absolute poo poo show as a result such that every time I go on youtube since Tuesday to look for some funny videos I get crap drama vids instead to the point that I needed to make some new filters for Ublock Origin.

Again though what caught me off guard is the whole narrative surrounding 4.4 just kind of shifted and snowballed over night like mid loving week 3 days or so after the livestream actually ended because about a fifth at most of the planned upcoming content and events (the one where you go into a menu in the event tab and claim some rewards for 7 days until you get the big one on the last day and which isn't really what I consider content anyway much like Leyline Overflows) isn't absolutely identical to it's sister games. You truly hate to see it as they say. That's that, I can't really play the game at the start of 4.4 adequately on a phone with lovely AT&T wi-fi while I'm on vacation in Key West next week so I'll catch up with the game the week after and see if Hoyo is bending me over their knee with it then or whatever the gently caress.

Hopefully in all seriousness a delayed start to the flagship event for this one. Holding out for a week but expecting more like 3 days in.

Shinji2015 posted:

I mean, my Genshin play time is very up and down; there'll be weeks/months where all I do are my dailies, and I'll let quests build up until an event forces me to complete them, and usually by them I'll actually be in the mood to play. When 4.0 dropped I think I spent maybe a couple of hours exploring Fontaine before I went back to doing the bare minimum, and it wasn't until the Chevreuse event before I got back into doing quests. Now I'm fairly caught up (save for this Unfinished Comedy quest, but fuuuuuck the Fortress of Meropide) and I'm even grinding to build up a new team (got Navia to a decent place, now working on Gorou and Yun Jin currently, and then on Furina). But chances are once that's done I'll probably go back to doing the bare minimum again for a while, and that's fine.

But tbh if I wasn't a F2P player I'd probably skip my dailies some weeks

Having just finished Fortress of Meropide and Acts 3 and 4 I see what people were saying about it now completely. So much just running around and riding elevators, not being able to teleport more directly to objectives and just waiting and waiting and waiting and cycling through the same poo poo for several in game days just to collect some info that doesn't even matter all that much anyway until right near the end of Act IV when things finally start actually happening after Clorinde shows up and even then it's just to answer some trivia questions about the things that Wriothesley already knew and was well ahead of us on anyway. It's probably the most blatant padding I've seen in one of the Archon Quests and went on for an Act and 2/3's of another one or so. In fact I might even argue that Act 3 of Fontaine was the worst arguably most pointless Archon Quest I've done since the game launched, it was just that uneventful and tedious to get through. In contrast the one side quest in their about training the scientist lady to fight in the Pankration ring and stand up for herself was actually pretty decent as was the one about the prison break that feeds back into the Narzissenkreuz Ordo storyline.

Anyway people should be more critical of those sorts of thing instead of just stupid rewards stuff IMO since they actually make the game experience and a part of the main story legit kind of sucky. That's the kind of stuff that they could even stand to go back and redo/rewrite one of these days like how they changed up some of the earlier game stuff from 1.0 to make it flow better. Anyway just glad I'm done with that area now aside from going back to cap off the last quest in Wriothesley's story after I can unsnag it from being blocked by Masquerade of the Guilty.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I shouldn't have broken up the narzissenkreuz quest over such a long span of time because by the end of it I had a lot of trouble following what was going on

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I shouldn't have broken up the narzissenkreuz quest over such a long span of time because by the end of it I had a lot of trouble following what was going on

Don't worry; I did it all in one go and still barely had any idea what the gently caress was happening.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Yeah, that whole thing goes into like dreams and ambitions and can they change reality and metaphor and like the second half of that chain is caterpillar just shrugging his shoulders and feeding tidbits about the past ordo, barely even in complete sentences half the time.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Vargs posted:

Don't worry; I did it all in one go and still barely had any idea what the gently caress was happening.

That's sort of how I felt about the Aranyaka one as well. I think I understood maybe half of what was going on during most of it at absolute best cause of all the Finnegan's Wake rear end prose they spoke in.

Garrand posted:

Yeah, that whole thing goes into like dreams and ambitions and can they change reality and metaphor and like the second half of that chain is caterpillar just shrugging his shoulders and feeding tidbits about the past ordo, barely even in complete sentences half the time.

This game still has that problem at times, like when I once read the old Honkai Impact 3rd wiki 5-6 years or so back before I even knew what Mihoyo was and Genshin had even been announced, where it just goes into this almost Backstroke of the West like half transliterated dialogue structure where I barely know what the gently caress is even going on and like those sections of the script are being google translated or something while the actual translation team is on vacation. It's like every 5 or so quests I do the script is barely comprehensible at least at one point during it's duration. One thing I notice is it's rarely ever a problem for the Archon Quests, story quests or anything voiced really since the VA's are probably gonna proofread it for their recording session and call it out Orson Welles style and ask for a rewrite if their dialogue is just borderline nonsense and they don't know how to act it out even. It can get pretty brutal at times for some of the longer unvoiced region based story questlines that have that special highlighted tab in the quest menu. Those are almost always the ones that descend into the google translate prose at least at one point or another.

Kale fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 29, 2024

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I do wonder if part of it is they want to get into these kind of heady issues of reality, like from the very beginning talking about how the sky is fake and what even is Teyvat, and then these are just really long quest chains and probably putting a lot of pressure on the translation team. Stuff like this which talks a lot about dreams and the Aranara where they basically perceive reality entirely differently than us and they have to do like a half fake translation on top of the regular one.

Without the voice acting it also just seems like there's way more text in general that they shove in there and that long-windedness just makes things harder to understand.

Anyway have some brainrot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nEbNmizqVI

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The lore-heavy World Quests are always at least a bit obscure to tease the giant lore nerds. There's a ton of worldbuilding stuff in the Narzissenkreuz questline but basically none of it is going to actually matter in the sense that, if any of this becomes something you need to know in the Archon Quests, they will just have Paimon blatantly tell you what it means and why it's important.

The Aranara stuff makes a lot more sense in hindsight after doing the AQ and desert stuff (so you know what the Withering actually is and why they're able to fix it), and the little guys being cryptic is mostly because they're not able to remember things properly (as a result of sacrificing their memories to resolve crises) and certain events have happened before (they confuse the Traveler for their sibling who also interacted with them at some point, and they still have the emotional connection to their memory even though they lack the content) because the lore loves its cycles.

Possibly, later Fontaine stuff will also make the Narzissenkreuz stuff make more sense in hindsight, but then again maybe not.

Also they dropped the banners and Faruzan is free from Wanderer jail?!?!

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Awesome, I thought about building Heizou at some point but all I really had left were a scuffed perma-freeze team. Don't know that I need a noelle though, I think mine's already at C4 and I had no real intention of playing her anytime soon

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I don’t think it’s just that 7 less pulls than HSR 2.0 triggered the CN playerbase, it was how the three pulls were presented as a big thank you to players. They found it insulting but I think genshin players can sometimes have this apathetic attitude that slowly boils up until the dissatisfaction overflows. Just speaking personally - when that happens to me I just quit for some amount of months.

But really this time it was close enough to HSR giving a free 5 star meta character that there was already resentment that was fresh. Many are not happy with the extremely disappointing “loadouts”. There’s just a lot of stuff that makes players feel like they aren’t listened to or appreciated for the billions of dollars they have collectively paid Hoyo, in addition to playing with time. And at least within the community I’ve seen freakouts over people saying Honkai was the favorite child (HI3). Seems to be a sensitive topic for some. CN players don’t gently caress around when they’re unhappy (see bunnygate, attempted murder, Zhongligate etc.) and all of this just blew up into a perfect storm of discontent even if the catalyst seems small.

I’m all for it though I see the point about the demands being misplaced. For me I’d love the tedium to be addressed when it is something so many players recognize (fortress of Meropide being a good example). Word padding quests while not letting you advance to skim, and not having a skip button. Being locked at loving 60fps in TYOOL 2024 because (tin foil hat) they will only keep high fps/refresh rate for Apple. The artifact system in general - I mean we al know the issues.

When they see HSR get what they wanted (end game, generosity, feeling like they are listened to with direct improvements and new game modes etc.) it just makes it harder to swallow than before HSR existed. I mean I play both, and my expectations for Genshin are so low I just do what I want and don’t play when I don’t want to. I could probably never pull another character and still be fine with content. But I wish there was the appearance of them giving a gently caress and improving obvious issues with the game. I’m used to not feeling listened to though as a (recently quitted) global HI3 player though.

I also think these decisions are likely metrics based, though I’d love to be a fly on the wall there and see how they make some of these baffling decisions. A corporation will rarely do anything for customers without some material gain, what they are doing works to open wallets and why should they change things for a better player experience? It’s a multi billion dollar company now. It’s nice to think the CN tantrum will affect change but my personal expectations are long gone for this game. It’s a ride you get on or get off - that’s it. I think at best we get another free four star or something. Nothing good long term will happen, imo, until the wallets close.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
God I want to see Cloud Retainer and Arataki meet up.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Also here's some more criticism since people seem to like that stuff right now. They really need to change up the Epitomized Path thing or whatever to incentivize the weapon banner to me. I'm sitting on 42K primo gems and I'd absolutely dump some 10 pulls into this one IF it at least carried over the Fate points like the 50/50 carries over between character banners on the chance of an off banner 5 star popping instead, but it doesn't so it's a huge waste for me if I come up with something besides Engulfed Lightning. It really doesn't make much sense to me that the weapon banner is so rigid and essentially structured 33/33/33 at the start of every banner turnover while the character one while not the greatest ever at least rewards continue investment in it in the long run. Like you'd think with how the characters are the real value get and that Da Wei once said the characters are their greatest strength and product that that'd be the more monetized between the two. Like I'm glad it's not, but yeah....every time I've thought about it being the time I finally went in on a weapon banner I'm like nope...I might get garbage and over invest in it and then be screwed for a character I want. :(

Anyway people out there seem unironically mad at the usual code that was posted in here earlier today, because of course they are. They quite literally might actually be better off PR wise over at Hoyo HQ just not giving out anything at all it feels like including the usual free codes that randomly drop every few weeks or so you just have to shove into the redeemer that takes like 2 seconds. That's a bad thing now apparently. :shrug:

rio posted:

I don’t think it’s just that 7 less pulls than HSR 2.0 triggered the CN playerbase, it was how the three pulls were presented as a big thank you to players. They found it insulting but I think genshin players can sometimes have this apathetic attitude that slowly boils up until the dissatisfaction overflows. Just speaking personally - when that happens to me I just quit for some amount of months.

But really this time it was close enough to HSR giving a free 5 star meta character that there was already resentment that was fresh. Many are not happy with the extremely disappointing “loadouts”. There’s just a lot of stuff that makes players feel like they aren’t listened to or appreciated for the billions of dollars they have collectively paid Hoyo, in addition to playing with time. And at least within the community I’ve seen freakouts over people saying Honkai was the favorite child (HI3). Seems to be a sensitive topic for some. CN players don’t gently caress around when they’re unhappy (see bunnygate, attempted murder, Zhongligate etc.) and all of this just blew up into a perfect storm of discontent even if the catalyst seems small.

I’m all for it though I see the point about the demands being misplaced. For me I’d love the tedium to be addressed when it is something so many players recognize (fortress of Meropide being a good example). Word padding quests while not letting you advance to skim, and not having a skip button. Being locked at loving 60fps in TYOOL 2024 because (tin foil hat) they will only keep high fps/refresh rate for Apple. The artifact system in general - I mean we al know the issues.

When they see HSR get what they wanted (end game, generosity, feeling like they are listened to with direct improvements and new game modes etc.) it just makes it harder to swallow than before HSR existed. I mean I play both, and my expectations for Genshin are so low I just do what I want and don’t play when I don’t want to. I could probably never pull another character and still be fine with content. But I wish there was the appearance of them giving a gently caress and improving obvious issues with the game. I’m used to not feeling listened to though as a (recently quitted) global HI3 player though.

I also think these decisions are likely metrics based, though I’d love to be a fly on the wall there and see how they make some of these baffling decisions. A corporation will rarely do anything for customers without some material gain, what they are doing works to open wallets and why should they change things for a better player experience? It’s a multi billion dollar company now. It’s nice to think the CN tantrum will affect change but my personal expectations are long gone for this game. It’s a ride you get on or get off - that’s it. I think at best we get another free four star or something. Nothing good long term will happen, imo, until the wallets close.

I'm kind of for it too though on at least one level with the caveat that it actually results in anything more substantial than a whole lot of empty poo poo talk and infighting amongst fans and still absolutely zero response from the Genshin team. I'm no real fan of corporate producer culture and gouging people for their fandom myself like the gacha system is basically structured around and it's kind of a miracle I'm even playing this game, because I probably wouldn't be without the pity system for characters, which could still be better, but is at least workable to me. It's just that the absolute tedium resulting from it any time I step outside this thread is loving dire for the variety of discourse, as are the dozens of people that think they are being clever and witty by spamming that Jujutsu Kaisen meme edit with Dr. Ratio from HSR saying "Genshin Could Never" over and over and over, that's coming from it and apparently that this is the only thing that can be talked about outside of threads like this otherwise your greeted as a "white knight bootlicker", to which I say to people that want to claim I'm anything like that can kindly eat a dick and maybe more frankly even gently caress right off. They might actually be less funny than Elon, it's something I'd need to think about more but I don't entirely feel like it exactly.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

God I want to see Cloud Retainer and Arataki meet up.

“One is not, ‘My Man!’

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

So when exactly is this anniversary and when do I get the stuff for it?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/genshinimpact/status/1751908078096887930

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Two geo almost in a row, weird

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Oh I guess no one posted the Gaming demo yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQpPDeqUxrg

and a joke i've already made.

Gaming Lights

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Also if you don't have Nahida, then get her. Still the single best character in the game

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I finally played enough to hit Inazuma last night and can start farming ascensions for Kazuha and my other peeps I've had for ages. Downside is I also hit AR35 and my 40 Yelan and Eula can no longer carry me as easily with the difficulty upgrade. Time to pause the story and do some character building. It feels like I need to go back to the Nationals trio (Benny and the Jets Xes) for a solid base, or wait and see if I get Nahida this week and how much she helps.

I did the ice mountain last night to unlock the cryo boss for Eula and that was pretty painful underleveled. I went through all my food stockpile and expect Inazuma won't be much easier.

Edit: I think I'm also at the level where I should stop going wide and focus on a main team for a while. I ran into that problem in Star Rail, where I got to play with everyone I had but their traces and artifacts were poo poo for a long time since I kept jumping to new ones.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jan 29, 2024

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

bagrada posted:

I finally played enough to hit Inazuma last night and can start farming ascensions for Kazuha and my other peeps I've had for ages. Downside is I also hit AR35 and my 40 Yelan and Eula can no longer carry me as easily with the difficulty upgrade. Time to pause the story and do some character building. It feels like I need to go back to the Nationals trio (Benny and the Jets Xes) for a solid base, or wait and see if I get Nahida this week and how much she helps.

As someone that tapped out halfway through Inazuma and only recently came back:

- You can downgrade your World Level by 1 to make things a bit easier. I recommend it if things feel too tough and you just want to be able to farm your materials and resources a bit more quickly.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
All the cropped versions of her art cut out the most important part, which is that it shows her dual-wielding. Unexpectedly radical of her.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

So when exactly is this anniversary and when do I get the stuff for it?

the genshin anniversary is in the fall (and we'll get a loving ten pull, a toy and a pet. again.), this is just the Chinese New Year stuff

it's HSR that's getting anniversary stuff next month

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

also w/r/t to the Ordo discussion earlier, nice timing - strap on for a 70 minute video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3022fhGGJLc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Gearman posted:

As someone that tapped out halfway through Inazuma and only recently came back:

- You can downgrade your World Level by 1 to make things a bit easier. I recommend it if things feel too tough and you just want to be able to farm your materials and resources a bit more quickly.

Good to know, I'll keep that in mind thanks.