Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/JimLaPorta/status/1749493305530806591?t=mvsYG20wwrxV7QF5u4xVpQ&s=19

All I can imagine is the ONI lady investigators just billing for taking women out on dates and then coming back as like, " didn't find any lesbians, just hard working dames. I need more money for dates."

:clint: - Dammit Johnson don't you know the beehive you just kicked over? This lady mechanic thing goes all the way to the top, the top I tell you! Drop it! Drop it, if you keep digging on this thing you'll be lucky if the brass lets you out with your head, nevermind a badge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
Navy thread: The percentage of homosexuals will certainly be increased

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The past is a different country, indeed. I'm mystified someone looked at this and failed to come to the conclusion HOLY poo poo WE NEED TO HIRE SOME MORE LESBIANS

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Did Dorothy PCS to Pensacola?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

FrozenVent posted:

Did Dorothy PCS to Pensacola?

It would explain why NIS couldn't find her in Chicago.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

shame on an IGA posted:

:clint: - Dammit Johnson don't you know the beehive you just kicked over? This lady mechanic thing goes all the way to the top, the top I tell you! Drop it! Drop it, if you keep digging on this thing you'll be lucky if the brass lets you out with your head, nevermind a badge!

poo poo, I can't locate the source but I remember Eisenhower shut down the investigations when his secretaries from WWII told him to cut the poo poo they were all lesbians.

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

Kchama posted:

Israel isn't the one attacking civilian ships to hijack and steal from.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_flotilla_raid

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/naval_gazing/status/1751221198153712079?t=Smq4spe0nyjmfg_8WPoCDw&s=19

The more accurate ordinary person answer is: Boat

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
MARAD is using the contract option that doesn't allow for contract increases or adjustments for the RRF fleet. They are also ignoring any wording and statutes that would allow for any wage increases. This includes ignoring CFRs and telling ship managers they cannot sign contract extensions, which would be required for an updated SCA wage determination (prevailing rate). Last I checked we are still trying to get updated hazardous duty pay for the Red Sea transit so I'm not sure how they expect to get anyone to sail those ships if anything happens.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Should have the big guys as "boat" and the tiny Navy logjammer as the last entry for "ship"

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

It's gray. Checks out.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

That’s actually both an irrelevant and relevant reply because that happened 14 years ago whereas the argument was “Why aren’t we bombing Israel NOW”. Israel isn’t, not hasn’t, randomly attacking civilian ships to steal their stuff.

Israel actually didn’t continue raiding civilian ships after that loathsome deed because everyone hated them for it. As they deserved to be hated. They also paid a compensation for it. The “continue to do it” is the issue.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Kchama posted:

That’s actually both an irrelevant and relevant reply because that happened 14 years ago whereas the argument was “Why aren’t we bombing Israel NOW”. Israel isn’t, not hasn’t, randomly attacking civilian ships to steal their stuff.

Israel actually didn’t continue raiding civilian ships after that loathsome deed because everyone hated them for it. As they deserved to be hated. They also paid a compensation for it. The “continue to do it” is the issue.

You’re right, they only merely continued to enforce that sea blockade as part of a sustained campaign to make Gaza unlivable against the people they are slaughtering by the thousands now. That’s rad!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

You’re right, they only merely continued to enforce that sea blockade as part of a sustained campaign to make Gaza unlivable against the people they are slaughtering by the thousands now. That’s rad!

Shut up.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Signed, people who are so deeply concerned about the plight of Palestine they cannot dare to see a slur in any possible context but get really, really angry over anyone asking them to be less bloodthirsty and freakish in regards to how they talk about slaughtering innocents in Gaza and bombing hill tribes.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Signed, people who are so deeply concerned about the plight of Palestine they cannot dare to see a slur in any possible context but get really, really angry over anyone asking them to be less bloodthirsty and freakish in regards to how they talk about slaughtering innocents in Gaza and bombing hill tribes.

What was that slur again?

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
Oh good I was worried we had moved past the off topic concern trolling

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Indiscriminate attacks against civilians are bad no matter who does it, hope this helps.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
gently caress off out of the navy thread with this topic already.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

McNally posted:

gently caress off out of the navy thread with this topic already.

Uh oh McNally is on the poop deck, everyone look busy

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
This is really low level trolling. Hasn't even brought up the Liberty incident.

2/10

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Flyinglemur posted:

This is really low level trolling. Hasn't even brought up the Liberty incident.

2/10

What was LiMu Emu doing in the East Med on June 8th 1967?!

I'm just asking questions!!!

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
What's the place on Pearl that has the good fried rice omelette? Bowling alley?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Wingnut Ninja posted:

What's the place on Pearl that has the good fried rice omelette? Bowling alley?

Yes. I’m on island now. Wanna meat up?

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

Crab Dad posted:

Yes. I’m on island now. Wanna meat up?

That was probably one of the creepiest pickup lines I've read in a while.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

SerthVarnee posted:

That was probably one of the creepiest pickup lines I've read in a while.

Oh it’s a running …. gag on me from back in the day with the navy thread.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
the best mahu on the island

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
What if we meet for a bowling alley fried rice omelet and kissed?

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009
That omelet sounds amazing.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

ded posted:

the best mahu on the island

:hmmyes:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Yeah but I try not to use that word as a joke anymore.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I couldn't get the fried rice omelet when I visited my sister as the bowling alley is on base and I don't have a CAC anymore, but the closest second is the breakfast Burrito at Kalapawai deli in Kailua so I got one of those (twice!) instead.

But nothing beats that omelet.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

So when life gives you lemons…
I got the 1900 to 0700 shift.
However this means I get off work to go smash a bowling alley breakfast everyday then fall asleep with a big ol’ belly.

Also the PS1 I worked with last time was showing me his Joint achievement and apologized for not helping me write myself up for one so he’ll take care of me this time. Hooray shinies.

Also fml that would have counted towards my chief test no?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Crab Dad posted:

Award points don't matter for Chief

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Crab Dad posted:

So when life gives you lemons…
I got the 1900 to 0700 shift.
However this means I get off work to go smash a bowling alley breakfast everyday then fall asleep with a big ol’ belly.

Also the PS1 I worked with last time was showing me his Joint achievement and apologized for not helping me write myself up for one so he’ll take care of me this time. Hooray shinies.

midwatch, in port, at a shore station?

you poor thing

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

Award points don't matter for Chief

I thought NAMs did.

MonkeyFit
May 13, 2009
I miss Teddy's Bigger Burgers. They had really great peanut butter milkshakes. They're a better burger chain than anything on the mainland.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
i assume crab dad's IT remit is actually wider at this point but i am amused at the notion of the navy keeping people on graveyard shift in case of an urgent wee hour of the morning emergency need to print something

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
the printer never sleeps my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

When I stood CDO at Bangor I had two jobs:

1: print out "important" emails, so we know the printer still works I guess?

2: Get personal calls from O5s and O6s yelling at me for typos in the daily email.