Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
the haters gonna
hate
hate
hate
hate
hate
View Results

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I did see a US Weekly or something similar the other day that said they were apparently engaged. Maybe Tony has got some inside info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shinji2015 posted:

Swifties everywhere in a panic

more like Swifties in a sweet valley high-esque euphoria

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

kiimo posted:

more like Swifties in a sweet valley high-esque euphoria

Gaylors would be in a tailspin

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Just gonna bump this so maybe we can talk about it here and not in all the other threads again.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
The ravens spend the whole regular season blowing out all of the best teams in the league, like literally blew out most of the teams who even made it into the playoffs this year. The chiefs spent most of their season struggling in low scoring games against weak opponents or even having inexplicable losses like to the loving broncos. Now all of a sudden the ravens just look completely incompetent when the league's current golden child team needs this win for a SB spot? The team who's future HOF TE is in a PR relationship with the most famous woman on the planet? You seriously cannot loving see how calculated that is? Phew

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please discuss your feelings on the upcoming super bowl ad warning against unregulated artificial intelligence

err
Apr 11, 2005

The Pfizer™ sponsored, Taylor Swift endorsed, Kansas City Chiefs are Super Bowl bound again.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Cavauro posted:

please discuss your feelings on the upcoming super bowl ad warning against unregulated artificial intelligence

In between 7 ads for IBM Watson and phones with AI assistants

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Mods, I am once again suggesting we rename TFF to “Taylor’s Football Funhouse”.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Girlfriend went to a Taylor swift disco Saturday night. Came home with a bunch of little bracelets, had a great time, made a ton of friends etc

Yesterday she invited three of them to a sports bar to hang out with us and our friends. All of them were new football fans, all had brand new chiefs stuff on, and all three were VERY into the game, had to ask a ton of questions, and were funny as poo poo.

When Lamar caught the tip one went “oh my god who the gently caress is that?” When flowers fumbled another laughed and called him an “rear end in a top hat.”

They’re good people, the swifties. They want to meet at the bar to watch all chiefs games and make bracelets for each game lol

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

FizFashizzle posted:

Girlfriend went to a Taylor swift disco Saturday night. Came home with a bunch of little bracelets, had a great time, made a ton of friends etc

Yesterday she invited three of them to a sports bar to hang out with us and our friends. All of them were new football fans, all had brand new chiefs stuff on, and all three were VERY into the game, had to ask a ton of questions, and were funny as poo poo.

When Lamar caught the tip one went “oh my god who the gently caress is that?” When flowers fumbled another laughed and called him an “rear end in a top hat.”

They’re good people, the swifties. They want to meet at the bar to watch all chiefs games and make bracelets for each game lol

Still not as bad for the game as fantasy football, but pretty bad.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

FizFashizzle posted:

Imagine the swifties reaction if she'd started dating Cole Kmet and they all had to endure Bears football

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
you cannot run, you cannot hide, Taylor Swift is always waiting

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FizFashizzle posted:

Taylor Swift is Jimmy Buffett for white women in their 30s.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
tswift fuckin owns, her music runs the gamut between okay-ish and stellar, she gives a shitload of people something to connect with and enjoy together, and she's on screen for less than 30 seconds of any given chiefs broadcast. let people enjoy things. bitching about it makes you look at best like a cranky old poo poo and at worst like a creepy misogynist.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Still not as bad for the game as fantasy football, but pretty bad.

Why?
I don't get what the problem is.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Toaster Beef posted:

let people enjoy things
This is the correct answer IMO

I'm personally looking forward to the Swifties draft analysis

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

err posted:

The ravens spend the whole regular season blowing out all of the best teams in the league, like literally blew out most of the teams who even made it into the playoffs this year. The chiefs spent most of their season struggling in low scoring games against weak opponents or even having inexplicable losses like to the loving broncos. Now all of a sudden the ravens just look completely incompetent when the league's current golden child team needs this win for a SB spot? The team who's future HOF TE is in a PR relationship with the most famous woman on the planet? You seriously cannot loving see how calculated that is? Phew

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Toaster Beef posted:

tswift fuckin owns, her music runs the gamut between okay-ish and stellar, she gives a shitload of people something to connect with and enjoy together, and she's on screen for less than 30 seconds of any given chiefs broadcast. let people enjoy things. bitching about it makes you look at best like a cranky old poo poo and at worst like a creepy misogynist.

agreed imo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Taylor Swift is Jimmy Buffett for white women in their 30s.

Tay Tay has more than two good songs

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

kiimo posted:

She's a songwriter with a distinctly limited musical range, a lovely actress, and has an entire demographic willing to pick up pitchforks and torches for her. It's actually a pretty good comp lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Forrest on Fire posted:

She's a songwriter with a distinctly limited musical range, a lovely actress, and has an entire demographic willing to pick up pitchforks and torches for her. It's actually a pretty good comp lol

Reminding me that the only time i ever was extremely anti-Swift was when she was shoehorned into a movie and I wasn't having it. Keep her off of my gaddang silver screen, just keep cranking the hits mam

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

kiimo posted:

Does she? It's probably just me being old but I'd take the catalog of previous top pop divas like Beyonce and Madonna over hers. She's better than Brittney Spears but that's damning with faint praise.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

she gets cut to like barely at all in the games, less often than some stupid Owner would if they had a Storyline. lamar suckson

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ghost Dog posted:

she gets cut to like barely at all in the games, less often than some stupid Owner would if they had a Storyline. lamar suckson
Yes but its a successful woman who is also good looking so misogynists need to get their whine in. Also something something clout demon because unsuccessful people need to whine about successful people chasing more success.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The thing I like about the Taylor Swift Football debate is it's a microcosm of all discussion on the Internet. Everybody sees only the worst bad arguments on either side and responds only to those, pissing off and alienating anyone with a more moderate take. Especially true because having any opinion about Taylor Swift attending a football game is an objectively weird thing to do.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

kiimo posted:

Are you implying that Jimmy Buffett has 2 good songs? LMFAO

err
Apr 11, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Especially true because having any opinion about Taylor Swift attending a football game is an objectively weird thing to do.

im just trying to watch football and instead im forced to watch 20 commercials featuring travis kelce shilling garbage and even when the football does start, it pans to travis kelce and his PR relationship with a billionaire cult leader

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

alotta "i ain't sharing my toys with girls" energy in here

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

i feel like the kelces are more annoying than taylor is because she's been famous forever for the same thing and they have the stink of desperate media clout chasing on them when they were already famous for being good football players, they have generational wealth already, they don't need to be in every commercial.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 29, 2024

LiveFromSaturn
Dec 5, 2021
It's a perfect storm of Swift being the biggest celebrity in the world, the Chiefs being seemingly unstoppable and all the media coverage/marketability the franchise already had even before throwing Taylor into the mix. It's like a pop culture supernova.

Having said that, actually letting it bother you in any way is strange and probably means you gotta log off and go touch grass.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

err posted:

im just trying to watch football and instead im forced to watch 20 commercials featuring travis kelce shilling garbage and even when the football does start, it pans to travis kelce and his PR relationship with a billionaire cult leader
Source your quotes. This doesnt make any sense because you're forced to watch commercials either way so what the gently caress does it matter who is in them?

mcmagic posted:

i feel like the kelces are more annoying than taylor is because she's been famous forever for the same thing and they have the stink of desperate media clout chasing on them when they were already famous for being good football players, they have generational wealth already, they don't need to be in every commercial.
Successful people chasing more success is nothing new, I am completely lost about why you care that the Kelce brothers are doing a podcast and starring in commercials. They wouldnt do the podcast if it wasnt successful and if people are listening to it, why would they stop? They clearly enjoy what they are doing. Whining about popular people being in commercials is just sad, FYI. Like... if someone calls you and offers to pay you some fat stacks to be in their commercial do you say no so that someone else can get paid less to star in the commercial in your place? I just really dont understand what you expect them to do if they have the opportunity to make more money, because you know you would do the same thing if given the chance.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Good for the Kelces to cash in while they're popular, and same with any other NFLer when the opportunities are there. They would be crazy not to. We all know the hits add up, so I'm all for anything that may help out into retirement and beyond.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

My partner got into football several years ago from watching it with me, and it’s cool that one of her favorite artists has been linked to the game. Swift’s music is not for me, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to hate her for it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Source your quotes. This doesnt make any sense because you're forced to watch commercials either way so what the gently caress does it matter who is in them?

Successful people chasing more success is nothing new, I am completely lost about why you care that the Kelce brothers are doing a podcast and starring in commercials. They wouldnt do the podcast if it wasnt successful and if people are listening to it, why would they stop? They clearly enjoy what they are doing. Whining about popular people being in commercials is just sad, FYI. Like... if someone calls you and offers to pay you some fat stacks to be in their commercial do you say no so that someone else can get paid less to star in the commercial in your place? I just really dont understand what you expect them to do if they have the opportunity to make more money, because you know you would do the same thing if given the chance.

They can do whatever they want! I also can feel like they are overexposed and clout thirsty if I think so too!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I never had an issue with either Kelce till yesterday. He was pushing and punching dudes after the play all game. He even threw Justin Tuckers stuff around in pre game warm ups. As much the refs fault as his because they did jack poo poo to stop it. Kelce played great and for my money is the best TE all time. Def better than Gronk. It was surprising to find out he's an emotionally small bitch.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jason is the people's champion of the two

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Justin Tucker shouldn’t stretch his legs on the visitors side of the field if he didn’t want his poo poo thrown.

https://x.com/ohrnberger/status/1751689343721427056?s=20

It’s awesome Kelce was pushing and punching Ravens players too. I thought the Ravens liked physical football!?

https://x.com/JomboyMediaFB/status/1751718477524574459?s=20

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I didn't see the Tucker video until now but yeah that seems like classic gamesmanship both ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

mcmagic posted:

Not to bring reality into your Sphere of McMagic takes, but the guy making a case for GOAT at his position, clearly a 1st ballot HoF and only non-Mahomes star of the current NFL dynasty doesn't need to clout chase. He's quite famous without her