Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
mahjong is ftw but i will never understand shogi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

mahjong is ftw but i will never understand shogi

It's chess where you can put pieces back

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
they should put go in yakuza. the famously fast paced and easy to learn game of go

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

It's chess where you can put pieces back

yeah but all the pieces have weird letters on them and theres 30 different ones and they move all hosed up. i aint keeping track of all that

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. Tetris Effect Connected
2. Alan Wake 2
3. Mega Man
4. Mega Man 2
5. Crash Bandicoot
6. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
7. Crash Bandicoot: Warped
8. Crash 4: It's About Time
9. Super Mario Bros Wonder
10. Super Mario RPG
11. Donkey Kong Country
12. Ib
13. Pikmin 4
14. Donkey Kong Country 2
15. Donkey Kong Country 3
16. Donkey Kong Country Returns

I swear to God like every one of these games starts out as a decent but fun challenge and the just turns pyschotic at the end. I need to play something more relaxing next I think.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Roth posted:

2. Alan Wake 2
3. Mega Man
4. Mega Man 2
5. Crash Bandicoot
10. Super Mario RPG
11. Donkey Kong Country
12. Ib
13. Pikmin 4

I swear to God like every one of these games starts out as a decent but fun challenge and the just turns pyschotic at the end. I need to play something more relaxing next I think.

i like when they get psychotic

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

11) makai toushi SaGa (wonderswan color)

i played through the gb version of this for the first time a couple of years ago and i feel basically the same way i did then. extremely basic little rpg, dictionary definition of fine, very clearly the first handheld rpg ever and a neat historical curiosity. but still interesting and just engaging enough to see through. the systems are weird but not weird in a way that's super challenging or even requires you to know exactly how they work. the wonderswan version is cool, i like the upgraded music and the little visual touches, and everything regarding using a monster is way less of a pain in the rear end. good

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jan 28, 2024

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

trying to jack off posted:

i like when they get psychotic

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

absolutely anything posted:

11) makai toushi SaGa (wonderswan color)

i played through the gb version of this for the first time a couple of years ago and i feel basically the same way i did then. extremely basic little rpg, dictionary definition of fine, very clearly the first handheld rpg ever and a neat historical curiosity. but still interesting and just engaging enough to see through. the systems are weird but not weird in a way that's super challenging or even requires you to know exactly how they work. the wonderswan version is cool, i like the upgraded music and the little visual touches, and everything regarding using a monster is way less of a pain in the rear end. good

FF Legend 2 is much better

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

yeah i got to the 2nd world in that and it was good but i fell off. ill probably start that back up sometime soon

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Another Code: Recollection

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

F.E.A.R. Extremely kickass game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I tell myself I'm going to learn shogi every time instead of using the cheat item and just waiting for the computer to tell me what to do but then I don't learn it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. Super Mario Galaxy: Of the three 3D Mario games in the All-Stars bundle it's easily the best. Basically had none of the problems the previous games had. Each course had pretty clear stars to get and then the hidden stars, special comet stars, and purple coin stars were all pretty good. I liked that they replaced finding 100 arbitrary coins with the 100 purple coin challenges. Super chill and fun game even if it never got that challenging.

2. Final Fantasy X HD Remaster: Got the platinum, maxed the sphere grid for every character, and beat Penance. The main story is still my favourite final fantasy without any contest. I love everything about it lol. I love the characters, the story, I love the Aeons, I love the attribute customisation for gear, and I think the sphere grid is great. The post game isn't very good though. It's absurd how much grinding exists between the end of game and fighting the Monster Arena bosses let alone the Dark Aeons. It's also a shame that every character just ends up as a clone of each other due to maxing the same grid by the end. I still love it and it's much ultimate cozy comfort game. Still my all time FF and hell an all time game for me. Will take a while before I play X-2 for sure though.

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

4) Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Gunplay and enemy difficulty felt much better than they have in other Borderlands games, but they removed LAN play and somehow broke Co-op, couldn't get it to work at all.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
2) Makai Toushi SaGa

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

2. Alan Wake 2
3. Mega Man
4. Mega Man 2
5. Crash Bandicoot
10. Super Mario RPG
11. Donkey Kong Country
12. Ib
13. Pikmin 4
17. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Finished in one session and wow after the previous four this was a cakewalk

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

did you play the bonus levels?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Not yet I went to sleep like right after the final boss.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
after finishing prime 3 i think ill resume tropical freeze. surprisingly good music in that one

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/suicidesquadRS/status/1751938662093263232?s=20

Easy way to shamefully pump up your numbers!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

gently caress!!!!!!!!!!! The devs might lose tons of support from this. We need to do something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I95HoxVPC0

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

looks like someone was tweaking the slider on the Batman meter a little too close to launch.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Wormskull posted:

gently caress!!!!!!!!!!! The devs might lose tons of support from this. We need to do something.

I've already purchased Ultimate Editions for me and my buddies. Rocksteady has been hard at work on this for almost a decade, and it's the least we could do.

All this means is we can get on New Game+ right away :blastu:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Roth posted:

I've already purchased Ultimate Editions for me and my buddies. Rocksteady has been hard at work on this for almost a decade, and it's the least we could.

All this means is we can get on New Game+ right away :blastu:

:worship:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

RGG: charging extra for new game plus.
Rocksteady: starting you right off in New Game plus right at launch.

arkham stays winning.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Possibly killing Bob might help here? Just spitballing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

hell,

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Bob just traded in 9 PS4 games for 1 PS3 game. He's actually doing his part rn tbh.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

American McGay posted:

I actually looked it up and apparently it's not available on iPhone in my region lol :argh:

FYI it looks like Magicus is back up on the app store

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/magicus/id1485110306

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

crapp store

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Bob just traded in 9 PS4 games for 1 PS3 game. He's actually doing his part rn tbh.

lmfao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lmao

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

FYI it looks like Magicus is back up on the app store

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/magicus/id1485110306

Hopefully they fix the android version too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wormskull posted:

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Wormskull posted:

:patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Wormskull posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!