Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I won two out of three games of pushing toys around today, and the game I lost was to the guy who won the toy pushing tournament, so that was pretty cool. Ran Chaos Knights and punched a Monolith to death with my Rampager after it phased through a wall and tanked overwatch (lost anyway). I also killed a Stormsword and Guilleman (twice). It was a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Looking at the Ork index and getting a chuckle out of the 7+ save for gretchin.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

abnett should be proud he did the thing.

My favourite part was when the Emperor finally constructs the 40,000th warhammer and suddenly the book jumps forward ten thousand years

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
also for the millionth time gently caress erebus

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Lostconfused posted:

Looking at the Ork index and getting a chuckle out of the 7+ save for gretchin.

Big numba, betta sayv

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/28/sunday-preview-rotting-pennants-fly-high-for-the-flesh-eater-courts/

The new Balance Dataslate drops this week.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

This seems dangerous

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
GW should release 40k themed booze lines.

Especially a guard line that’s all utterly disgusting. Take inspiration from poo poo like torpedo juice, red army antifreeze vodka, and the rum/wine/gently caress it what else we got drink they gave french soldiers going over the top in the Great War

And for high command, source out some 150-year-old scotch, rename it something in dog latin, and sell it as collector’s edition at a markup

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I have the Tzeentch scented candle. I don't think I want any chaos flavored beverages.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
well if its a collectors edition you wont be able to buy it so...

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I have the Tzeentch scented candle. I don't think I want any chaos flavored beverages.

But what does Tzeentch smell like?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
an old can of pennies nickels dimes and quarters

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Putting it into perspective, and I really didn't do much with them over the month. I should really get around to painting like a third of this that's just black and white.

Seriously when will north america be allowed to buy some basilisks again?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Need to apply for your destructive weapon license before you're allowed to purchase artillery. Remember to send in your forms!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Huh, didn't know that killa kans were Robogrots.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
As far as I know Ork Dreads were usually grot-piloted.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Mekboyz hard at work on on the new dred for the warband https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJIjNs_s2NI

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

DreadUnknown posted:

As far as I know Ork Dreads were usually grot-piloted.

kanz are grots, dreds are orks

E. Nesbit
Mar 18, 2009

Eat two dicks and call me in the morning.

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

an old can of pennies nickels dimes and quarters

That is a magical scent!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
everyone loves the scent of change

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

this year's 40k event model is a leaping Kroot

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/29/warhammer-events-miniatures-announced-for-2024/

S'alright but kinda boring

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

I've never liked how the kroot look particularly but that one looks like a Jim Henson puppet

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
For me it's Abe from Oddworld.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Wurzag posted:

I've never liked how the kroot look particularly but that one looks like a Jim Henson puppet

you say that like it's a bad thing

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

You look at some of the original Kroot art, and it's not that far off.

It's just that warhammer miniatures tend to be a bit on the thick side of proportions, so it looks more goofy than it should.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
The other model for Sigmar is outstanding

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It does, but I think the top notch paint job there is also doing a lot of the work and puts it way above the kroot here.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

This Kroot has absolutely eaten a Noise Marine.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That Kroot looks fuckin rad as heck what are you guys on.

protomexican
May 1, 2009
I wanna see a minor conversion where he's tripping over his hero rock.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

That Kroot looks fuckin rad as heck what are you guys on.

I like it a lot, like Lostconfused said, it reminds me of the original artwork.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Winklebottom posted:

this year's 40k event model is a leaping Kroot

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/29/warhammer-events-miniatures-announced-for-2024/

S'alright but kinda boring

I like it but the AoS birdknight is the one I will be looking for

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I got an audiobook from Black Library and was planning on using the Black Library audio app on my phone to listen to it. Turns out they're not connected at all, and are completely separate accounts. I have to download the .MP3 on its own to my phone and use the Books app or something. Good work GW.

Otto Octopus
Aug 12, 2009

Funzo posted:

I got an audiobook from Black Library and was planning on using the Black Library audio app on my phone to listen to it. Turns out they're not connected at all, and are completely separate accounts. I have to download the .MP3 on its own to my phone and use the Books app or something. Good work GW.

I’ve just been using audible. Has its own app. The subscription price is probably near what you’d pay for the individual books anyway. I got the plan where I get one free download a month, and I own the audiobook forever.

Latest book I’m listening to is The Lion. I’m about halfway through and enjoying it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Otto Octopus posted:

I got the plan where I get one free download a month, and I own the audiobook forever.

about that part. uhm. no not really had amazon yoink some of my books that i paid for off my kindle so wouldnt bet on that one.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
It's weird that both the 40k and AoS models aren't usable on their own in a game. I think they're both nice models but a shaper or something seems like it would have been nicer to have.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

They might just be rejected design that they decided to reuse for smaller production batches to not let them go to waste. Like the knight is definitely clashing with the overall design aesthetics of the CoS release, and there could just have not been room for the attacking kroot on the troop sprue.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
I was told 2pm today, the balance data's late

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Just pulled the trigger on a Mechi case, I'll post a trip report once it arrives and I can assemble it. I got an 8 module (medium size) and enough modules to fit my planned eventual 1500 point army, plus some extras to swap in and out if things change. It was a little more expensive than some other options but those are all either foam or require magnetization (plus cost of magnets). I have a small GSW foam case that I use for my kill teams and while fine, I've had a couple breakages just due to the foam. My army is starting to come together and the cardboard box full of packing peanuts just ain't gonna cut it for much longer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

xtothez posted:

I was told 2pm today, the balance data's late

In the discord I'm in, someone posted what they said was the dataslate, opening it up, it was just a picture of Lore from TNG. People are very upset with the person who posted that.