Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Ben Johnson is going to be the perfect coach for the Commanders, lmao. Enjoy dealing with the mental fallout from that Falcons-style collapse!

Working okay for the 49ers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FizFashizzle posted:

Working okay for the 49ers

Looking forward to the Niners blowing a 31-5 lead

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shirts and skins posted:

Ben Johnson is going to be the perfect coach for the Commanders, lmao. Enjoy dealing with the mental fallout from that Falcons-style collapse!
I feel like that is more on Campbell deciding to go for it when he should have taken points, but this isnt the thread for discussing that so I'll leave it at that.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shirts and skins posted:

Johnson called a great game.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's not Johnson's fault his players got the dropsies at the worst possible time.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

shyduck posted:

It's not Johnson's fault his players got the dropsies at the worst possible time.

Including a pick bouncing off a DB's hands into Aiyuk's on like the 3 yard line. That was the moment you knew god came down from his bender and was went "wait what the gently caress I let the Lions get within 2 quarters of the super bowl lmfao????"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah that was basically the Edelman catch from SB51 all over again

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

And Goff missing a few wide open players :(

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Gibbs fumble was pretty terrible as it was to an immediate 49'ers touchdown.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Johnson called a great game.

Agreed, the Lions were a few less drops away from going to the Super Bowl. Ben Johnson was unloading the clip and honestly, had Gibbs not fumbled, they would be on their way to Las Vegas.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/alexinsdorf99/status/1751959779121979779?t=BBUd9vtGjz8yQgGKmfdnqQ&s=19

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Chargers are so back. Nail the OC and I’ll put some money down on them winning 10+ games.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
AFCW is going to be incredibly fun to watch.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
taking the last two games together, Shanahan has really impressed me. he might have turned the corner as a big game choke artist. as long as the offense doesn't absolutely melt down vs the Chiefs, even if they lose, I'll be a lot more confident in his gameday ability going forward

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

How many times have we said this lol. I mean yeah on paper the Chargers look set up to be awesome but speaking of teams god hates…

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Chargers are so back. Nail the OC and I’ll put some money down on them winning 10+ games.

You fool. You absolute ponce.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Woozie66 posted:

I know God hates them, but I'm doing it anyway.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

McVay Guy
https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1752014655273263373?s=20

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Woozie66 posted:

The chargers can absolutely win 10+ games in the regular season. It's the post season performance that makes them who they are.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Docjowles posted:

How many times have we said this lol. I mean yeah on paper the Chargers look set up to be awesome but speaking of teams god hates…

I'll believe it when it's November and the Chiefs are actually having to put up a fight for the division instead of everyone else rolling over again.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Last offseason we all thought the AFCE was going to be a powerhouse

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tepper at it again

https://x.com/KingOfPhinland/status/1751994692286169573?s=20

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Welp, the Packers won't be hiring him anymore.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Android Apocalypse posted:

most dangerous division, calling it now. all 3 AFC West teams will make the playoffs next year.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if you block an assistant/position/coordinator coach interview it should automatically guarantee the remainder of their contract

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Not letting people interview is a great way to scare off good candidates in the future. Great job.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Would an Assistant HC + DC offer be a promotion and thus unblockabke?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man it's almost like Tepper is a vengeful, stupid prick or something.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Not letting people interview is a great way to scare off good candidates in the future. Great job.

Tepper doesn't want comp picks. He also is letting everyone know there is no development for any coaching staff at Carolina.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I'll believe it when it's November and the Chiefs are actually having to put up a fight for the division instead of everyone else rolling over again.

That happened this year. The Broncos were still contesting the division until well into December.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

God I hope Seattle offers him their HC position

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Canalas probably wants to keep the guy he could only muster 9 points against.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

indigi posted:

if you block an assistant/position/coordinator coach interview it should automatically guarantee the remainder of their contract
I'm pretty sure coaches contracts are already fully guaranteed. Its why people talk about like... erroneously say that it is hilarious that Davis needing to still be paying both Gruden and McDaniels is hilarious. (he is not still paying Gruden because he was fired for cause and they settled the amount owed, I believe).

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

kalensc posted:

Would an Assistant HC + DC offer be a promotion and thus unblockabke?

no once you're a coordinator and/or assistance HC the only promotion is HC

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm pretty sure coaches contracts are already fully guaranteed.

head coaches are the only ones fully guaranteed, coordinators/position coaches have in-season guarantees. so if a guy gets fired in September he gets paid out through January but the rest of his contract is dead

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/boltspulse/status/1751924182949183987?t=_gP4ONGzbnwhK-pwLcekmA&s=19

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I think it was the Athletic podcast the other day that suggested they could and should keep Evero since Canales has no defensive experience. Kind of analogous to McVay having Wade Phillips at DC to lock down that side of the ball while he focused on offense and “halp how do I be a coach” stuff. Obviously it’s not a direct parallel since Evero has like 40 fewer years of experience and also may not even want to be there if he is trying to interview elsewhere heh. But maybe not the worst plan.

But it’s Tepper so more likely he is being a dumb spiteful rear end in a top hat and will fire Evero in 2 weeks once there are no more openings

indigi posted:

:hmmyes: yeah this is some real bullshit

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Tepper doesn't want comp picks. He also is letting everyone know there is no development for any coaching staff at Carolina.

It’s DC interviews the Panthers can block. Evero has been doing HC interviews.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

indigi posted:

head coaches are the only ones fully guaranteed, coordinators/position coaches have in-season guarantees. so if a guy gets fired in September he gets paid out through January but the rest of his contract is dead
Ahh ok, thank you for clarifying!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I dont want the Dolphins having nice things so Tepper should block his Dolphins request and allow all the others imo.