Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

withak posted:

I hope the NFL delays kickoff briefly to give Taylor time to get in from Tokyo.

They don't need to. It's actually pretty reasonable to make it with plenty of time to spare. Let's say Swift gets off stage hops in her limo to take her to Haneda which even in Tokyo traffic is only half an hour away. She hops righ onto her private jet and takes a direct flight to Las Vegas. This takes about thirteen hours total. So if she takes off at 1am local time in Tokyo on Sunday morning, she lands at 4pm Sunday afternoon Tokyo time. But she's crossing the international date line so it's 17 hours before that in Vegas local time, or 11pm Saturday evening. She has plenty of time to recover before kick off at 5:30pm on Sunday.

Not that I think she's going to rush back from Tokyo, just that it's actually plausible for her to attend the Super Bowl after peforming a concert in Tokyo on Saturday evening there.

Trump thread is now Taylor Swift thread with occasional Trump digressions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Honestly America should have a completely open border that is welcoming to anyone and everyone from around the world. Many of the people coming here just want to escape the horrible conditions of their home countries, usually those conditions were caused by the United States in the first place.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Honestly America should have a completely open border that is welcoming to anyone and everyone from around the world. Many of the people coming here just want to escape the horrible conditions of their home countries, usually those conditions were caused by the United States in the first place.

Something like: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

MechaX posted:

“Mr. Trump, what steps exactly did you take to have “the safest border ever” again?”

Trump: :yooge:

He put kids in cages and then lost a bunch of them.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

Something like: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"?

Liberal nonsense.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Sounds woke

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1752047801695891880

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Something like that, instead the U.S. be like :blastu:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Climate change is going to (and in some cases already is) drive people up north to cooler climates which is unfortunately emboldening the racists and fascists

That motto you quoted is dead in the modern world :(

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

What is this now?

Looks potentially interesting

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

No loving way they did that and anyway they should’ve had 20 parkour dudes try it

The climbers found it more difficult that the competitors: chain link fence and split rail fence.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

TulliusCicero posted:

What is this now?

Looks potentially interesting

It's either tied to George Santos or Matt Gaetz most likely. My guess is Santos because iirc the ethics panel had a bunch of evidence that the DOJ didn't have any they probably want it to bolster their case

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Climate change is going to (and in some cases already is) drive people up north to cooler climates which is unfortunately emboldening the racists and fascists

That motto you quoted is dead in the modern world :(

Canada, for instance, has seen a gigantic mass of immigrants from markedly hotter and more pollution-choked countries like India flooding into it over the last 10 years for this very reason among others and we're now poised to elect a racist Milhouse-looking peenworm as our next prime minister on the back of "gently caress off, we're full".

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Taylorchat is more interesting than Trumpchat at the moment.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Yes and we are only a week tops out from when he starts howling about Taylor on Troof

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

redshirt posted:

Is Biden gonna legalize it before the election? Get out the stoner vote?

There's a pretty good chance the rescheduling process will be complete by then and Biden has made noises that he would like that.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Call me a Woke Lib, since we, regular shitposters, can easily foresee climate change caused immigration, a forward thinking country might plan for this, and use this immigration to help strengthen the nation.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Canada, for instance, has seen a gigantic mass of immigrants from markedly hotter and more pollution-choked countries like India flooding into it over the last 10 years for this very reason among others and we're now poised to elect a racist Milhouse-looking peenworm as our next prime minister on the back of "gently caress off, we're full".

The idea that Canada of all loving places would claim it's full is absurd

I mean honestly the US is insane to claim it as well, but Canada is mind boggling

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TulliusCicero posted:

The idea that Canada of all loving places would claim it's full is absurd

I mean honestly the US is insane to claim it as well, but Canada is mind boggling

"we're full" is just about racism, it has nothing to do with space or resources.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Google Jeb Bush posted:

There's a pretty good chance the rescheduling process will be complete by then and Biden has made noises that he would like that.

The GOP will fight that tooth and nail in their own states, probably create weed unit militias and make themselves horribly more unpopular

...Oh no

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Honestly I seriously doubt they reschedule Marijuana before the election. I think they're just going to sit on their hands because they're the DEA.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

"we're full" is just about racism, it has nothing to do with space or resources.

Yeah it's this. Truthfully there is more than enough resources and land to house billions of people in just North America alone. The people in power though want America and Canada to be for white people only.

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat

withak posted:

Taylorchat is more interesting than Trumpchat at the moment.

Listening to all the swift chat makes me want to kill myself
Goons simping for a billionaire gently caress off

Good for her and her successes but take it outside

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Things that definitely happened

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Housing being so incredibly inflated over the last 5 years isn't helping your average Joe's opinions on immigration

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Catastrophe posted:

No, no. Can't you see how superior and shockingly intelligent they are?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

redshirt posted:

Call me a Woke Lib, since we, regular shitposters, can easily foresee climate change caused immigration, a forward thinking country might plan for this, and use this immigration to help strengthen the nation.
In a sane world, immigration is the solution to plummeting birth rates. Japan's been doing this for the past five or six years.

In our world? lmao get them poor browns out of my country

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Attacking one of the most successful union President's in recent history is a good strategy dipshit

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dr. Phildo posted:

I'm not simping for her in the least, and all this talk is not really about her. It's about the Chuds making her into an enemy of MAGA for no good reason, and continually doubling down on it. Its yet another example of how they can make anything a crisis, make anyone a monster.... or they try.

Doesn't alway works, sometimes backfires.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

cr0y posted:

Getting some big "Can you believe the assignment my child just brought home from their woke school?" energy.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

cr0y posted:

Safe for vaccinated people to stand in line, maybe. For chuds? Eeeeeeehhhhhh

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Dr. Phildo posted:

Go, goon, godspeed, you godkill that Taylor Swift. GODKILL HER.

Man who does not drive cars knows much about the auto industry, continues to have The Most Clues.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

That Vivek tweet is going to get posted at least six more times before we are even close to finishing Taylor chat my fellow goon

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Random Stranger posted:

They don't need to. It's actually pretty reasonable to make it with plenty of time to spare. Let's say Swift gets off stage hops in her limo to take her to Haneda which even in Tokyo traffic is only half an hour away. She hops righ onto her private jet and takes a direct flight to Las Vegas. This takes about thirteen hours total. So if she takes off at 1am local time in Tokyo on Sunday morning, she lands at 4pm Sunday afternoon Tokyo time. But she's crossing the international date line so it's 17 hours before that in Vegas local time, or 11pm Saturday evening. She has plenty of time to recover before kick off at 5:30pm on Sunday.

Not that I think she's going to rush back from Tokyo, just that it's actually plausible for her to attend the Super Bowl after peforming a concert in Tokyo on Saturday evening there.

Trump thread is now Taylor Swift thread with occasional Trump digressions.

Yeah, there have been multiple videos and posts from Swifties breaking down how she could very easily make it from Tokyo to Vegas in plenty of time to rest up and go to the game.

WhyteRyce posted:

what does this even mean, she ended up rerecording her previous albums because she doesn't own the rights to it

Basically her existing music was stolen from her back in 2019-2020 by some producer named Scooter Braun in a messy and complicated sale where she wasn’t allowed to even retain her own masters. She made an offhand remark about Alex Soros being one of several bankrollers behind the purchase, and because conservatives are mentally unstable disingenuous liars they are now focusing on that tiny detail and are pushing a conspiracy that she “called out” the entire Soros family and now they’re blackmailing her, or something.

quote:

Speaking of the sale of her masters, the Grammy winner contended: “This just happened to me without my approval, consultation or consent. After I was denied the chance to purchase my music outright, my entire catalog was sold to Scooter Braun’s Ithaca Holdings in a deal that I’m told was funded by the Soros family, 23 Capital and that Carlyle Group. Yet, to this day, none of these investors have bothered to contact me or my team directly — to perform their due diligence on their investment. On their investment in me. To ask how I might feel about the new owner of my art, the music I wrote, the videos I created, photos of me, my handwriting, my album designs.” She added: “The fact is that private equity enabled this man to think, according to his own social media post, that he could ‘buy me.’ But I’m obviously not going willingly.”

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/scooter-braun-sells-taylor-swift-big-machine-masters-1234832080/amp/

This (the masters dispute, not the Soros part which I looked up yesterday after I saw Jackie Poz’s insane tweet) is what I remember from my Swiftie wife explaining to me several times so it may not be 100% correct but I think I have it mostly right.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 29, 2024

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
When bobart loses her election and gets a job at fox news, do you think they'll make her dye her hair blonde

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
By dog year rules a dog can vote at the age of 31 months

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dr. Phildo posted:

Same but mostly because I'm a Ravens fan and keep getting reminded that that game happened

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Also Fox used a Taylor song as an outro earlier and kudos to whoever in the media department pulled that off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Trailer Swimp