Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

1glitch0 posted:

No one is going to post what Dave's article on the site fully says? What am I paying you people for!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's been massive for Punk but that body is attainable naturally.

Which just makes all of this even sadder that he had to use steroids.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

https://twitter.com/femboigarfield/status/1752052348510257449?t=_V0JfLdolASSVSRymguMYg&s=19

Danhausen ain't got poo poo on Mox's curses.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

EERF GURD????

thats what my doctor says i have

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Shoulda snapped into a slim jim

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

the voice of the voiceless but only guys who lost their voice from a whining injury

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1752051738578964985?s=20

Stop gloating about Punk injury all of you are blocked

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MAJOR WRESTLEMANIA MATCH OFF DUE TO INJURY
by Mike Johnson

CM Punk's dreams of headlining Wrestlemania will likely not be realized this year.

PWInsider.com can confirm that Punk suffered a torn triceps during the Men's Royal Rumble match and is believed to heading towards surgery after an appearance on tonight's Raw. Punk is in Tampa for the show.

The belief among sources we have spoken with is that post-surgery, Punk would likely need in the area of 4-6 months of recovery and physical therapy. If correct, that would obvioiusly put him out of Wrestlemania as a wrestler and if he gets the surgery within the next week, it likely means he wouldn't be able to return to the ring until this summer.

A review of the match shows that Punk may have been injured taking a DDT from Drew McIntyre. Punk rolled out of the ring holding his left arm following that spot. Punk suffered a torn triceps of his right arm while performing for AEW, so this would be a new injury, not a reoccurence of a previous injury. Punk was the final competitor eliminated by Cody Rhodes.

Punk returned to WWE this past November at the 2023 Survivor Series and wrestled two live event matches against Dominik Mysterio the following month. The Men's Royal Rumble match was his first televised WWE match since the 2014 Rumble match.

WWE had been building to Punk vs. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins at Mania this April in Philadelphia. How they pivot remain unknown as this time.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

and the injury off of a double arm DDT, yikes!

a DDT named the future shock at that

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Laughing may not be the right word, but all the dude did for 3 months in WWE was talk poo poo on the mic, and immediately his tricep explodes in his first match back.

Come on Phil, hang it up

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

im waiting for hausman to report the injury, and who is to blame

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

im waiting for hausman to report the injury, and who is to blame

The Bucks, of course.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

you're laughing? fragile phil is speedrunning his AEW implosion and you're laughing???

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

cody blew the smoking gun at the end of the rumble. the fix is in

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

you're laughing? fragile phil is speedrunning his AEW implosion and you're laughing???

i can't wait for him to fight... uhh... dominik mysterio

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

*holds up some RL Stine books*

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

EERF GURD????

GERSBERMS!

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Punk getting caught for roids would be the final nail in the coffin. What core values would he have if not for straight edge, being miserable?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Dominik matches: not injured
Drew match: injured

Drew is clearly an unsafe worker, get him outta there

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

ThePariah posted:

Punk getting caught for roids would be the final nail in the coffin. What core values would he have if not for straight edge, being miserable?

providing shelter to his tenants

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

One Medical Bill Phil

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

neoaxd posted:

Medical Bill Phil

lmfao

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

he never even got to work saudi :negative:

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

it's too on point for his in ring return to be a one and done in the rumble

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This isn't new news but CNN pointing it out makes every claim that WWE didn't know what was going on that much more embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1752050521135833543

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

neoaxd posted:

One Medical Bill Phil

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

We are cooking tonight

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Punk tore his tricep so that he could take WWE's money to pay for his giant space station house without them being able to extract any labor from him. Is he the greatest hero of all time? Well, in this humble poster's opinion, yes. Yes, he is.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Count Thrashula posted:

Laughing may not be the right word, but all the dude did for 3 months in WWE was talk poo poo on the mic, and immediately his tricep explodes in his first match back.

Come on Phil, hang it up
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

Punk tore his tricep so that he could take WWE's money to pay for his giant space station house without them being able to extract any labor from him. Is he the greatest hero of all time? Well, in this humble poster's opinion, yes. Yes, he is.

I've always been a big fan.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Can’t wait for Drew to sign with AEW now

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

neoaxd posted:

One Medical Bill Phil

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I didn't make this, someone on these forums did and I got instantly reminded now. This could happen this year.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Miching Mallecho posted:

I didn't make this, someone on these forums did and I got instantly reminded now. This could happen this year.

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cody must be destroyed

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Good man.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Phil couldn't even get on night 1 of a buy-1-get-1-free wrestlemania extravaganza. sad.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Miching Mallecho posted:

Bahahaha