Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
In what world is a 1st, 2nd, 4 and a future 4+6 not “close” to two first round picks? That’s what Tyreek was traded for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Caleb is weird, because like a number of Bears fans look at him, and his stuff like TTT, Sack numbers and Fumbles, and unwillingness to throw over the middle and think he's Fields again. Myself included for a while a bit there as I was more interested in Maye, maybe I'm just talking myself into him since that seems to be the way the Wind is blowing. But even removing his "highlights", I still see a QB who like definitely can play within structure, and make on time throws and reads, but like too often maybe because his team was rear end and he knew he had to score to win decides to say "gently caress it we ball". It works well enough in college, but he's not so much of a better athlete than other NFL players.

God it'd be a fascinating interview to break down his tape and work through his thought process, in some of these games.

But yeah this year at USC Caleb had like Tahj Washington, and that's pretty much it. Brenden Rice was okay.

But like none of them are top 10 WR's in this class(albeit a loving yoked up and stacked WR class), although I guess I could hear a case for Tahj being top 10 over like Mitchell, or Legette.

I don't know anymore, after I just so clearly missed and disregarded Fields flaws coming out as him just big play hunting(even before the Bears drafted him he was my QB2 that Draft had him just a touch below Lawrence was shocked he fell that far). I guess the difference is that Caleb was forced to drop back 30-40 times a game, while Fields only had to do so generally 25 or so times, and throw bombs off play action to Olave/Wilson while being protected by an NFL offensive line in college.

you could do all of that or you could just say that Williams will fail if he is drafted by the bears because bears and save yourself the time.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

you could do all of that or you could just say that Williams will fail if he is drafted by the bears because bears and save yourself the time.

I mean probably, but if I just think like that why in gods name would I keep watching Bears football.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Dexo posted:

I mean probably, but if I just think like that why in gods name would I keep watching Bears football.

Less time spent thinking about Bulls basketball is a good enough reason

They will draft Williams. And either he's amazing or he's like Trevor and consistently underwhelming. After Levis looked not disastrous this season, I am done pretending to know who will be a good QB from college.

Which is why I hope the Cardinals do end up with Marv Jr. He'd make the entire offense look better.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Add Sean Payton & the Broncos into the mix for trading up for a QB

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

We've got an especially large measurement, so he's probably going back into the mid first!

https://twitter.com/JimNagy_SB/status/1751982162306302101

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Amy Pole Her posted:

In what world is a 1st, 2nd, 4 and a future 4+6 not “close” to two first round picks? That’s what Tyreek was traded for.

I'll have to bust out the Jimmy Johnson chart but I thought a first, even a low one , was worth a lot more than a 2+4+4+6. Maybe I'm wrong.

I do wish we had a way to get MHJ but can't imagine passing on Caleb. Just gotta pray that one of the WRs falls somehow, that Latu checks out at the combine, or settle for Jer'zahn Newton and hope he can bring a big upgrade to the defense.

Who's available at Guard, Center and Edge in free agency? Is this still too early for looking into that? I think I'm usually not as focused on that at this time in the year, but having the back to back #1 overall has kind of skewed my interest in the sport into 'what about next year??' when the season isn't over

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 29, 2024

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'd like one starting caliber rookie LT, a #2 WR with extremely reliable hands, a good pass blocking power RB, a promising project corner, and some interior O and D line depth. Oh and a 10+ sack pass rusher if that's on the menu.

I have the 30th, 60th, and 90th picks with some day 3 s thrown in. Please and thank you.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'd like one starting caliber rookie LT, a #2 WR with extremely reliable hands, a good pass blocking power RB, a promising project corner, and some interior O and D line depth. Oh and a 10+ sack pass rusher if that's on the menu.

I have the 30th, 60th, and 90th picks with some day 3 s thrown in. Please and thank you.

Titans?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
LOL what? The Titans aren't picking at 30.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

The Puppy Bowl posted:

LOL what? The Titans aren't picking at 30.

It's early and I need my cup of joe.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I think there are plausible scenarios where the ravens leave this draft with your top three requests addressed. The ravens might have to be willing to have the LT go through some bumpy games at the start of the season though.

It’s a really good T/G, WR class.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Go Birds

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I thought the dude from Michigan was more of a receiving back. This is based on half watching the college play off and nothing else. I need a Gus Bus replacement that will wear down a D-line.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Blake Corum is not a receiving back lol, he is a small and muscular short yardage demon.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I thought the dude from Michigan was more of a receiving back. This is based on half watching the college play off and nothing else. I need a Gus Bus replacement that will wear down a D-line.

Nah, Corum can absolutely run the ball. Blake "The Great" Corum.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Alright then. I accept your terms.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Alright then. I accept your terms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rJF-nKK7wc

Corum in the Raven's offense would be silly and dreadful for any opposing team.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
CBS put out a mock draft with the Bills taking an OT in the first round, which is a head scratcher. The team is desperate at WR, DLine and safety, so I assume he didn't pay attention and assumed Spencer Brown sucked again (he didn't).

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Pablo Bluth posted:

CBS put out a mock draft with the Bills taking an OT in the first round, which is a head scratcher. The team is desperate at WR, DLine and safety, so I assume he didn't pay attention and assumed Spencer Brown sucked again (he didn't).

Joe Brady likes to do two things: Run the Ball & Go Deep. Who knows what happens with Diggs's off-season BS, but Corley, Rice, Washington, and Shakir would cause some nightmares.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Any mock draft that has doesn't have Beane trading away all fourth round picks is probably not realistic; he's only kept a 4th round pick in 2 of his 6 draft classes.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Joe Brady likes to do two things: Run the Ball & Go Deep. Who knows what happens with Diggs's off-season BS, but Corley, Rice, Washington, and Shakir would cause some nightmares.

Beane cannot draft Dline so that 1st pick would be a waste at a non critical position. Not even an end but a tackle?? Yick.
They need at least one safety and that guy seems fine. All and all that would not be a terrible draft and I guess picking at 30 eliminates a lot of players anyway.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

pasaluki posted:

Beane cannot draft Dline so that 1st pick would be a waste at a non critical position. Not even an end but a tackle?? Yick.
They need at least one safety and that guy seems fine. All and all that would not be a terrible draft and I guess picking at 30 eliminates a lot of players anyway.
To be fair, only Basham of his R1-3 picks on the DL has been a complete bust. The rest have tended towards solid but without any game wreckers. Beane starts his scouting process with the coaches defining what they want in players. With the departure of underwhelming DL coach Eric Washington, perhaps a fresh mind in the role will pay dividend.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Nah, Corum can absolutely run the ball. Blake "The Great" Corum.

He's already a Charger

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Pablo Bluth posted:

To be fair, only Basham of his R1-3 picks on the DL has been a complete bust. The rest have tended towards solid but without any game wreckers. Beane starts his scouting process with the coaches defining what they want in players. With the departure of underwhelming DL coach Eric Washington, perhaps a fresh mind in the role will pay dividend.

Ehhh. I get what you're saying, but the only DL pick that's even begun to live up to his draft status is Oliver, and he didn't even do that until he got his second contract. Rousseau has been a fine-but-not-particularly-good starter and Epenesa spent the bulk of his rookie contract being basically unplayable until he leveled out into a solid rotational player in his contract year.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Pablo Bluth posted:

These DTs aren't real difference makers in the playoffs and never can collapse the pocket when it matters. We have an so called "Elite" DT in Ed Oliver and he cant even sniff Mahomes all game.
Get another JAG to pair with Oliver and stop wasting so much goddamned money and capital on these worthless fatties.

A WR meanwhile can be a huge difference maker especially with a QB like Allen.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

a neat cape posted:

He's already a Charger

Packer*

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/seniorbowl/status/1752055845938979150?s=20

https://x.com/seniorbowl/status/1752056094816444753?s=20

https://x.com/seniorbowl/status/1752042703985008994?s=20

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/seniorbowl/status/1752045325286543699?s=20

Deebo Lite

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Is there any Deeboo lite guy in the league who has been a major positive for their team? Seems like a few have been drafted the past few years, and none of them have taken off.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Is there any Deeboo lite guy in the league who has been a major positive for their team? Seems like a few have been drafted the past few years, and none of them have taken off.

Sun God is doing well.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Watch this space for Jayden Reed next season. The Packers keep giving him end-arounds and he's already scored a few times. Hopefully he won't have a sophomore slump.

He has a similar frame but needs to put on about 5-10 more pounds. Knack for getting open. Has studied Deebo film for years.

Aside from my team I think Rondale Moore has been doing pretty decent in that role, but he doesn't get much attention because Arizona etc.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

pasaluki posted:

These DTs aren't real difference makers in the playoffs and never can collapse the pocket when it matters. We have an so called "Elite" DT in Ed Oliver and he cant even sniff Mahomes all game.
Get another JAG to pair with Oliver and stop wasting so much goddamned money and capital on these worthless fatties.

A WR meanwhile can be a huge difference maker especially with a QB like Allen.
Same. I don't know how you can look at the Chiefs game and think anything else. Every receiver not named Khalil Shakir actively hurt the offense with their inability to generate separation and/or catch a football: in the case of Diggs, you kind of hope it was the rumored foot injury and not that he's washed, but either way our receiving corp was loving rancid in that game and it's clear that we need a(nother) game-breaking target. The Chiefs were able to sit on us all game and force us to grind slowly downfield because there was basically zero chance they were going to get beaten over the top.

Plus, now that the Bills actually have to pay Josh Allen something approximating his actual value, they need to go cheap in other places, and having a premium wide receiver on a rookie contract is great value.

Other positions they need to look at are DE, DT, and S, along with the obligatory OL and CB depth picks, but they can mostly run those back next year and be in the same place. We're probably losing Micah Hyde and Tre White and that sucks, but the latter is probably cooked anyway. We have good enough players in place, but hedging against Po being washed/Von continuing to be washed are good bets. We also have a lot of nothing in the interior behind Oliver and Jones, so you might as well keep throwing big men at the wall until one sticks.

But you can do that poo poo after fixing the passing attack. You're not loving going anywhere if your receivers are so bad Josh can't make them work.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Sun God is doing well.

I don't think if him like Deeboo at all. He's strong but nowhere near that strong. Polished route runner too. I didn't think they use St.Brown much as a rusher either.

Honestly haven't watched enough Lions games to compare their styles but they seem like very different kinds of receivers.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

fsif posted:

Ehhh. I get what you're saying, but the only DL pick that's even begun to live up to his draft status is Oliver, and he didn't even do that until he got his second contract. Rousseau has been a fine-but-not-particularly-good starter and Epenesa spent the bulk of his rookie contract being basically unplayable until he leveled out into a solid rotational player in his contract year.

Right. AJE playing decent this year doesn't do the Bills any favors for sure. It's good for AJEs wallet because another team will overpay.

It even took Ed Oliver a long time to not suck. He probably was worth it in the long run but those early years when players are cost controlled are what matter. That's why when everyone is saying Ed O is a huge bargain, he's just making up for lost time when he sucked so in reality it was a average deal because he didn't give much value those first years.

I'm not a window open/closed guy but they need difference makers and not players who take forever to "develop" into purely average players or at best above average players.

Maxx Crosby didn't need to be babied for 3 years he came out ready to tear mfers apart.

A player like Crosby doesn't come around too often and is pretty much 1 in a million but you would think the Bills could get some Dlinemen that weren't poo poo out of the gate.
Since theres no hope of that happening...might as well invest in the offense.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Wait want he supposed to come in at like 6'3 or 4? Getting advertised as DK Metcalf then just not having the size is just your standard deep threat

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I don't think if him like Deeboo at all. He's strong but nowhere near that strong. Polished route runner too. I didn't think they use St.Brown much as a rusher either.

Honestly haven't watched enough Lions games to compare their styles but they seem like very different kinds of receivers.

They ran a lot of end arounds to Amon-Ra in 2022 but not this year. He did line up at running back for one play last night and got like two yards. His main thing is just always getting open in the middle of the field and getting a shitload of YAC.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wait want he supposed to come in at like 6'3 or 4? Getting advertised as DK Metcalf then just not having the size is just your standard deep threat

Yeah, South Carolina was lying.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Legette plays big and 6'1 isn't exactly short. Metcalf's limited route tree was overrated draft nonsense because his college OC was making him and A.J. Brown just run up seams over and over. Legette's more raw than Metcalf since he only started playing WR when he got to South Carolina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Nosre posted:

We've got an especially large measurement, so he's probably going back into the mid first!

https://twitter.com/JimNagy_SB/status/1751982162306302101

This is why he’s able to make the throws he does and why I’m not worried about some of his mechanics being slightly different. He can spin it like no one’s business.