Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1752040364863787026?t=B0movoFTPMj0-uruVThPQA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kind of hosed up that it’s 11:25am on the Monday after championship weekend and Seattle hasn’t hired Johnson yet, imo

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/status/1752054953495924932?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

god drat them that's a good hire

Guess this means Evero might stay in Carolina. Or retire to piss off Tepper, which I'd totally understand.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
God willing MacDonald is a dog poo poo HC and boomerangs back to Baltimore in a few years.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

If nothing else it would mean they avoided the Dan Quinn trap

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Docjowles posted:

If nothing else it would mean they avoided the Dan Quinn trap

I was kinda hoping they wouldnt. Watching a bad hire and the cowboys get worse would have been nice.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://x.com/jamespalmertv/status/1752074328990978405?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Huh, didn't even know he was a coach now.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Absolute unit

https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1752085031559061620?s=20

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Are you sure that's a DL coach and not a DL player?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I think he may be too big to play on the D-line.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

that's no moon

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Good that they're hiring someone to keep Dom in line

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
threatening your players with tackling drills against your coaches might be a good motivator for on field performance in that case

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Basically official.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1752100352680173741

My team has done everything right so far this offseason. It's weird.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I guess there's never a good time, but when a dude leaves a front office who becomes GM at this point in the year, he probably knows quite a lot about that team's read on the coming draft.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I guess there's never a good time, but when a dude leaves a front office who becomes GM at this point in the year, he probably knows quite a lot about that team's read on the coming draft.

Dunno how much that would actually affect Baltimore, though, given the disparity between #5 and #30

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mega64 posted:

Huh, didn't even know he was a coach now.

oh lawd he comin’

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Name checks out

Mega64
May 23, 2008

a neat cape posted:

My team has done everything right so far this offseason. It's weird.

Would you say they are...the offseason champs?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Mega64 posted:

Would you say they are...the offseason champs?

But it's different this time!

Narrator: it was not different

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Something dumb will happen like, oh I don’t know, the QB running out with a huge American flag to thundering applause only to tear his Achilles on the fourth snap of the season. Just spitballing here, that’s probably a little too over the top

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm pretty sure coaches contracts are already fully guaranteed. Its why people talk about like... erroneously say that it is hilarious that Davis needing to still be paying both Gruden and McDaniels is hilarious. (he is not still paying Gruden because he was fired for cause and they settled the amount owed, I believe).

Lmao gruden was fired for cause? What cause? loving grim if it was the emails, made years ago when he was working for ESPN, as repulsive as they were.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

Lmao gruden was fired for cause? What cause? loving grim if it was the emails, made years ago when he was working for ESPN, as repulsive as they were.

Yes

edit: guaranteed that every coach has a morality clause or something similar in their contract allowing the owner to get rid of them if they do something that damages the teams and/or THE SHIELDS reputation and being racist, homophobic and sexist probably falls under that category.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 30, 2024

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

Didn't know there was a statute of limitations for being a racist POS

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

"wow I can't believe that you're not allowed to be racist, sexist and homophobic without consequences! what kind of snowflake world do we live in?!"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Asproigerosis posted:

He wasn't terminated. He resigned and negotiated what was reported to be a fairly sizable buyout for the remaining roughly $75 million that was owed to him.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

"resigned"

No way did that man voluntarily leave the NFL without a gun to his head basically. Dude lives and breathes football

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Well, sure, it was obviously a "quit or we'll find a reason to fire you" thing, but he didn't actually get terminated for cause by the Raiders for something that he did while he was working at an entirely different company, which is why he was able to negotiate such a huge settlement from the team in exchange for allowing them to save face.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I don't like the idea of private emails from years before you were hired while you were working at a different company can be used as cause for termination.

We could be fired for our posts on this very forum...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And yet Jerry Jones gets to continue to own the Cowboys....

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Ok yeah makes far more sense that the shield threw their weight around to let gruden know what's best for business in the scenario. I wouldn't be surprised if he got some extra undisclosed severance benefits considering he was saving the new Las Vegas raiders from the huge albatross of the remainder of his awful contract and to take all the heat from the whole commandos investigation of all the hosed up poo poo they did with cheerleaders et al.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Kalli posted:

Jones knows where all the bodies are buried.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Kalli posted:

I will say, given the kind of legacy Al Davis left behind, it makes perfect sense that the Raiders would be better about this sort of thing than the league or any of the other 31 teams.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I've never really thought about it, but the concept of hereditary ownership of sports teams is really weird.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Asproigerosis posted:

I've never really thought about it, but the concept of hereditary ownership of sports teams is really weird.

I mean, that's the whole reason the McCaskey family owns the Bears, as Virginia is the daughter of Bears founder Papa Bear George Halas.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Asproigerosis posted:

hi welcome to modern capitalism

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Several zeroes of additional net worth buys a lot of leeway. Which makes it all the more impressive that Snyder and Richardson STILL hosed up bad enough to get voted off the Epstein island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Now that's a big hire!