Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Thread title living up to its name with that NFCCG. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Go Kansas City Swifties

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I was rooting for the lions

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

No Butt Stuff posted:

I was rooting for the lions

Basically all of America was. But we don't get nice things, ever.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Sports were a mistake

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I ended up having to make dinner and missed the ending and it's probably for the best. Go Niners, I guess.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Well I hosed up. Gave my dog a sunflower seed and now she won’t leave me alone. I munch sunflower seeds almost all the time, now I’m gonna have her staring at me nonstop.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Haha you fool

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I ended up having to make dinner and missed the ending and it's probably for the best. Go Niners, I guess.

You absolutely don't have to hand it to them

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

It's very reluctant go Niners. I just can't bring myself to root for KC. I'll be watching the Superbowl in a group where most of the folks are just in it for the half time show and booze so it'll be a good time at least.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Anyone dealt with stick drift on your controllers? I have 2 for PS5 that have started drifting. I’ve read it could be just taking it apart and cleaning it could fix it - but not sure how difficult it is.

Or should I just toss them and get new ones.

late af on this but: if you feel comfortable opening them up & spraying either electrical contact cleaner or high-concentration isopropyl alcohol in the potentiometers of the offending sticks, you can buy some more usable time with them. that said once they start wearing to the point that conductive grit is causing drift they generally start re-drifting sooner & sooner. if you already have the tools on hand to do so the only real investment is the time it takes you to do it. whether that's valuable enough to warrant a new controller purchase for what....60, 70 dollars? is up to you

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

fartknocker posted:

Go Kansas City Swifties

Kansas Swifty Chiefs

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

a sexual elk posted:

Well I hosed up. Gave my dog a sunflower seed and now she won’t leave me alone. I munch sunflower seeds almost all the time, now I’m gonna have her staring at me nonstop.

my old dog likes pistachios and demands i give him every 5th nut

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Haha you fool

You absolutely don't have to hand it to them

I'm pro Chiefs just because of how many people are angry at Taylor Swift. I don't even like her music (I don't hate it, it's just not something I'd ever play if someone asked me to put on a song).

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Manoueverable posted:

Basically all of America was. But we don't get nice things, ever.

I got a puppy :colbert:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Shrimpy posted:

Kansas Swifty Chiefs

The Fightin' Swifties

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I think CMC deserves a ring but that’s about it.

I will not be watching either way because booorrrinnnggg

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What breed is shadow and do they like scritches and on a scale of perfect-to-perfect where do they rate?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It is not fair that I have to work instead of playing Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

It is not fair that I have to work instead of playing Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Picked it up yesterday, played for 2 hours and think I touched the controller for maybe 5 minutes total of that. Spent like a half hour hearing 3 middle aged dudes discuss how to talk to women. A+ game.

Spent that entire bit thinking of this one:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kalli posted:

Picked it up yesterday, played for 2 hours and think I touched the controller for maybe 5 minutes total of that. Spent like a half hour hearing 3 middle aged dudes discuss how to talk to women. A+ game.

My partner was watching most of that scene and was wincing it rocks

"How dumb is this guy??"

"Extremely, it kicks rear end"

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Ether Frenzy posted:

So we've established that the People's Front of Judea hates the Judean People's Front due to irreconcilable differences, and there are no good Leftists or Democrats.

It's very difficult to say how the chudbots who support literally anything that the messaging system tells them to support keep seeming like "The majority"

If it makes you feel any better, this is precisely how right wingers in their own spaces talk about the GOP and the right in general vs Dems/the left. They wring their hands about how they hamstring themselves with infighting, and how that makes it nearly impossible to compete with the mindless hordes on the other side who move in lockstep under the control of a media machine.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thermos H Christ posted:

If it makes you feel any better, this is precisely how right wingers in their own spaces talk about the GOP and the right in general vs Dems/the left. They wring their hands about how they hamstring themselves with infighting, and how that makes it nearly impossible to compete with the mindless hordes on the other side who move in lockstep under the control of a media machine.

poo poo like this is amazing. Both sides seeing each other in exactly the same ways, so one of these groups has to be living in a fantasy world yet neither will acknowledge it. I definitely realize the right doesn't march in lockstep, especially after seeing the house republicans tear themselves apart at every opportunity, but I do feel they have a much much better media presence than the left does. I know why the right thinks the left has this huge media bias (reality as a left-wing bias as the saying goes), but drat they must really suck at judging the power of Fox News, OANN, and a thousand morons on youtube.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What breed is shadow and do they like scritches and on a scale of perfect-to-perfect where do they rate?

He's a miniature Dachshund. He'll maybe double in size from now. He loves scratches and belly rubs and is a perfect good boy

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

poo poo like this is amazing. Both sides seeing each other in exactly the same ways, so one of these groups has to be living in a fantasy world yet neither will acknowledge it. I definitely realize the right doesn't march in lockstep, especially after seeing the house republicans tear themselves apart at every opportunity, but I do feel they have a much much better media presence than the left does. I know why the right thinks the left has this huge media bias (reality as a left-wing bias as the saying goes), but drat they must really suck at judging the power of Fox News, OANN, and a thousand morons on youtube.

Part of the deal is that the republicans are genuinely in a minority. They're a minority rule party who only has power because of our bizarre electoral system. By population they're like a third of the country. So their view that they're underdogs against an overwhelming tide of "people ruining the country" is correct, except for you know the whole notion that respecting people's identity and bodily autonomy, trying not to roast the planet, being humane toward immigrants, and taxing the rich would ruin the country.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Nervous posted:

He's a miniature Dachshund. He'll maybe double in size from now. He loves scratches and belly rubs and is a perfect good boy

Thank you for this important update.

I love him.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

So their view that they're underdogs against an overwhelming tide of "people ruining the country" is correct, except for you know the whole notion that respecting people's identity and bodily autonomy, trying not to roast the planet, being humane toward immigrants, and taxing the rich would ruin the country.

A lot of conservatives fear not only the country being destroyed, but that when minorities get the reins of power the current dynamic will just reverse and whites will be either repressed or straight-up ethnically cleansed.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah

like it's been years since I stopped going to facebook but I remember my sister's mother in law, a mild conservative catholic lady who is very nice but kinda dumb, posting worries about sharia law taking over in the US, a country with like 0.5% muslim population

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Thermos H Christ posted:

The difference is at the end of the day 99.9% of the handwringing right wingers will vote for whoever their candidate is. Also the other difference is that there is no left wing messaging machine and it's obvious to anyone who isn't brainpoisoned.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah

like it's been years since I stopped going to facebook but I remember my sister's mother in law, a mild conservative catholic lady who is very nice but kinda dumb, posting worries about sharia law taking over in the US, a country with like 0.5% muslim population

The obvious irony being that yes, there is plenty of reason to fear our government being hugely motivated by a small group of religious extremists determined to inflict their beliefs on everyone else, just not the flavor of religion she’s talking about

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Hot Diggity! posted:

My partner was watching most of that scene and was wincing it rocks

"How dumb is this guy??"

"Extremely, it kicks rear end"

https://twitter.com/CyricZ42/status/1751221090943135894

Game rules, can't wait to unlock the Animal Crossing mode.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

Game rules, can't wait to unlock the Animal Crossing mode.

Pretty useful edit in the replies:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Ichiban being an extremely good hearted dumbass is the major appeal of this game

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Cooking question for my football food friends: yesterday I roasted some pork loins, and have a good sized piece left over and still whole.
Are there any good recipes for something like this sliced thinly with a manoline? I don't feel like just having a repeat of it tomorrow, I want to do something else with it but I don't have any good ideas.

edit: the pork is already cooked if that matters

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 29, 2024

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Cubanos?

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Mega sandwich?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I thought the Australian company I applied to ghosted me because I didn't hear back after the interview...it turns out their "recruitment server was having trouble synchronizing with the email server" so I wasn't being sent updates! Just received a GIS test that I should ace (convert shapefile to GeoJSON, lol). Feeling pretty good about this process!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I thought the Australian company I applied to ghosted me because I didn't hear back after the interview...it turns out their "recruitment server was having trouble synchronizing with the email server" so I wasn't being sent updates! Just received a GIS test that I should ace (convert shapefile to GeoJSON, lol). Feeling pretty good about this process!

Nobody could ace that GIS test

It’s an impossible feat for man or myth

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

My favorite part of National Treasure is that Ben’s dumbass family has been stuck on one clue for 150yrs, Ben blows the case open in a week, and Jon Voight had the audacity to tell him it’ll just lead to “another clue and another clue” and no gently caress YOU DAD how do you even know? you’ve never made any progress on this case in your thirty years you wasted being a dingus and lovely treasure hunter.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

CannonFodder posted:

Cooking question for my football food friends: yesterday I roasted some pork loins, and have a good sized piece left over and still whole.
Are there any good recipes for something like this sliced thinly with a manoline? I don't feel like just having a repeat of it tomorrow, I want to do something else with it but I don't have any good ideas.

edit: the pork is already cooked if that matters

I don't think you're going to have much luck slicing cooked pork loin with a mandolin, try a bread or other serrated knife while it's still cold if you want it really thin. I've done similar, and make a sticky honey-soy based sauce and some roast broccoli turns it into semi-chinese/asian food, over noodles or rice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Oh my god, stop texting me Nikki Haley's presidential campaign.