Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You should be even madder when dems do it because when they do it they're ripping off people you theoretically like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

are there any comments from that group? I'd love to see the reaction.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hi, I'm Mike Pillow, send me money to uncover the fraud behind the stollen election!

is the same as

Hi, I'm Amy McGrath running for Senate to unseat Mitch McConnell, please help fund my campaign.

Got it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well yeah you want a good guy and a bad guy in everything which is a bizarre way to lump people that just exist to part fools from their money

Yeah, if anything the grifters running non-viable campaigns solely for the hopes of sucking up money from Democrats around the country who really hate <insert lovely Republican in safe R+30 district here> are worse than the Republican grifters, as they are not only seeking to enrich themselves by building false hope but they are also diverting energy and donations that could be used in districts where Democrats can actually win and flip the house.

EDIT:

If these people weren't grifters, you would see them doing a lot more local campaigning and a whole lot less donation-seeking from people outside their district/state.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Welp

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1752088554186957266

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

redshirt posted:

Hi, I'm Mike Pillow, send me money to uncover the fraud behind the stollen election!

is the same as

Hi, I'm Amy McGrath running for Senate to unseat Mitch McConnell, please help fund my campaign.

Got it.

In the sense that I won't give a single cent to either and will likely block the sender of those texts, yeah.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The jury found with a preponderence of evidence that he was guilty, Habba. You frustrated the judge because you were exhaustively bad at your job, and acted as a mouthpiece for the guy's campaign efforts instead of defending him competently.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Waffle House posted:

The jury found with a preponderence of evidence that he was guilty, Habba. You frustrated the judge because you were exhaustively bad at your job, and acted as a mouthpiece for the guy's campaign efforts instead of defending him competently.
Yeah but it's way easier to spin up conspiracy theories in order to do a stochastic terrorism against a judge than it is to do it against 12 anonymous people

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Didn't they get laughed out of the room on this one before? Sounds familiar.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Asterite34 posted:

Hah, $400M was my guess, I'm still in the game!

I think that means you win both showcases?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

That's...
How court and the legal system works

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Lol so they don't want to actually appeal but they want to make it seem like they are appealing so trump can complain non stop about being treated unfairly after this gets laughed out of court

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

doesn't bob "gold bars" menendez have a kid in the house?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

starting to think Alina Habba isn't a very good lawyer

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

I bet nothing pisses off federal judges more than being accused of impropriety, let alone raising this issue after a jury trial and damage determinations despite this information being readily available for a long rear end time

Edit: loving hell this probably only happened in 1992-94 lmfao

MechaX fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 29, 2024

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Are they going to play the black national anthem at the Super Bowl or just the regular white one

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

B-Rock452 posted:

Lol so they don't want to actually appeal but they want to make it seem like they are appealing so trump can complain non stop about being treated unfairly after this gets laughed out of court

This is my take this isn't a motion or anything it is just a letter to the judge lol. They aren't going to appeal otherwise they would have just done that instead.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Pope Corky the IX posted:

My brain keeps trying to put this to "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton.

AHAHAHAHA oh my God it kind of fits!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

LifeSunDeath posted:

holy poo poo this looks just like the guy with the trump hat who did the same thing
https://packaged-media.redd.it/j70v...5abfe50dcf3#t=0

Huh. He said he was going to call the cops in ASL (or maybe instructing someone else to do so?). I wonder if it was a "You almost hit me" situation and he decided to do the most dangerous thing in response.

edit: Oh pardon, that was 10 pages back and someone else mentioned the same thing.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 29, 2024

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

bird with big dick posted:

Are they going to play the black national anthem at the Super Bowl or just the regular white one

Lift Every Voice and Sing is better and more interesting in every way to The Star Spangled Banner.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

MrQwerty posted:

That's...

A 2 year overlap in the judge’s 30 years, this is a rage-poo poo tweet in docket form

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

big nipples big life posted:

doesn't bob "gold bars" menendez have a kid in the house?

Yep. Dude's got two kids and one step child. The son's a congressman and the daughter's a weekend/fill-in anchor on MSNBC, both of them giant nepobabies.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

That's...

Habba was barely capable of doing the legal paperwork for a parking lot. She genuinely doesn't know how the legal community works.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Frankly I’m appalled and horrified that people who’ve spent their entire careers striving for the highest positions in the judiciary may have crossed paths once or twice

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
:byodame: Your Honor we will argue on appeal that you were VERY UNFAIR!

Judge: go ahead

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Grey Cat posted:

Lift Every Voice and Sing is better and more interesting in every way to The Star Spangled Banner.

The Shooby Taylor version is best.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Did Habba really just learn of this? Makes her look even more incompetent. I swear this was circulating a while ago.

Or maybe I'm thinking of one of the other trials she's flushing down the toilet.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

god bless texas

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The strategy of “attack the judges and prosecutors directly” has been working so well for them so far. Why stop now?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Grey Cat posted:

Back when I was young and was made to go to church once a year the church secretary or someone would put Lift Every Voicd and Sing into the weekly liturgy, so you'd get these old white Lutherans singing about marching through the blood of the slaughtered. I thought it was the most kick rear end hymn.

Then, years later, I found out it was the Black National Anthem, and that made it like 50x cooler. It's a cool and good song.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

lol AND he still has a problem with the law clerk

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Lmao managing partner at the respected law firm Haba Madiao. Can you please give us information so we can appeal since we don't have enough to go on right now lol.

She literally wrote we are unable to flesh out our position right now. Mash potato brains.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

new thread title lmao

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

BUG JUG posted:

Back when I was young and was made to go to church once a year the church secretary or someone would put Lift Every Voicd and Sing into the weekly liturgy, so you'd get these old white Lutherans singing about marching through the blood of the slaughtered. I thought it was the most kick rear end hymn.

Then, years later, I found out it was the Black National Anthem, and that made it like 50x cooler. It's a cool and good song.

this is the opposite of the goon who kept whistling the wolfenstein 3-d theme tune for decades before realising where it came from

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

I can't believe she missed the most obvious thing. They have the same last name.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Vire posted:

Lmao managing partner at the respected law firm Haba Madiao. Can you please give us information so we can appeal since we don't have enough to go on right now lol.

She literally wrote we are unable to flesh out our position right now. Mash potato brains.

He doesn't have the money to put up for an appeal. This is just for trump. Nothing else. It's so he can rant about it on truth and get donations from idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I think my favorite Swift factoid is that she was approached to invest in Sam Bankman Fried's thing and out of all the celebrities she's the only one that asked to let her advisors do due diligence audit and when they refused she backed out