Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Meant to post this here. Not new news but CNN is still a big outlet.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1752050521135833543

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Rarity posted:

You're right, MRT should start a podcast :hmmyes:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Meant to post this here. Not new news but CNN is still a big outlet.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1752050521135833543

if cnn's picking up on it now then a lot of other big outlets will probably follow suit, no?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Whoolighams posted:

machete guy sucks. it's nice to know that Seanbaby is a good guy though after my introduction to him being crude edited Hostess ads twenty years ago

Not to get to into the weeds but Seanbaby figured out how to do the bare minimum of being a decent person and a comedian was figuring out who not to punch down at so he pivoted to making fun of like terrible PUA books and such. He actually, unlike a lot of wrestling personalities, adapted with the time.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MassRafTer posted:

Wow it's only been a week since the last episode.

Well this thread has led to some good news, thanks MRT, i must've lost the feed with Google Podcasts making GBS threads the bed

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hell of a headline

https://twitter.com/ClassicCatch84/status/1752072996364124261

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Dawgstar posted:

Not to get to into the weeds but Seanbaby figured out how to do the bare minimum of being a decent person and a comedian was figuring out who not to punch down at so he pivoted to making fun of like terrible PUA books and such. He actually, unlike a lot of wrestling personalities, adapted with the time.

oh yeah I listen to his podcast now and he regularly has trans guests and shits on the right people. real pleasant surprise

hmm I'm no Corporate Officer Number One, but this seems bad

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Whoolighams posted:

hmm I'm no Corporate Officer Number One

why should we believe you, mr. whoolighams - if that is your real name

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/NikkiAndBrie/status/1752094887904772569

Nikki has been doing a lot of work with RAINN recently, I don't doubt the sincerity.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gotta be extra rough when one of those guys is your stepdad

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

edit: wrong thread!!

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 30, 2024

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Karma Tornado posted:

Behind the Bastards decided to do a reading-a-wiki-out-loud level history of the concept of pro wrestling and an entire episode about the Von Erichs for some reason before even really getting to Vince so it's not really "six episodes" about him. I'd never listened to it before and I think made it three episodes in before calling it quits.

One of the episodes in the series was also an hour-plus about Andre the Giant, with nary a mention of Vince. It was a really, really unfocused series and not one I'll ever listen to again.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Behind the Bastards is a good podcast, but their Vince episode was really lackluster if you know anything about him ahead of time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, people are really twisting themselves in knots to make Trips not be Corporate Officer #1.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Man, people are really twisting themselves in knots to make Trips not be Corporate Officer #1.

because he was supposed to be the replacement for the monster, not the assistant to the monster

when there is no silver lining, brains tend to fail

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Edge & Christian posted:

Like literally, the last numbered chapter of Ringmaster ends in 1999 with the reveal of the Higher Power. There's a "coda" that covers 1999 to present that runs about the same length as the examination of Vince and Linda buying the Cape Cod Coliseum in the late 1970s, which goes on for a long time because the author thinks it's really relevant how the McMahons agitated at city council meetings to get a liquor license and eventually abandoned the venue when it stopped being profitable, and how this is a skeleton key to how they used politics and capitalism to build their empire.

That is quite the narrative choice to make. Glad I skipped this book.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

And they'll wish that was his only liability if any of these news outlets doing articles about the press conference decide to do a little googling and decide to call Luchasaurus or Ryan Nemeth.

Or dig into some of the other poo poo Paul has done.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
What are some good behind the scenes books/pods that you’d recommend if ringmaster and btb weren’t great?

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Orange Carlisle posted:

why should we believe you, mr. whoolighams - if that is your real name

I didn't read this post and anyway, it's been an amazing week for my posts and how much money my posts make

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Whoolighams posted:

I didn't read this post and anyway, it's been an amazing week for my posts and how much money my posts make

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

MassRafTer posted:

And they'll wish that was his only liability if any of these news outlets doing articles about the press conference decide to do a little googling and decide to call Luchasaurus or Ryan Nemeth.

Or dig into some of the other poo poo Paul has done.

i know this isn't the paul thread, but the guy is in the family and ostensibly the guy running creative now. would you mind providing a few bullet points of his most grievous sins beyond royally burying chyna?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Eat This Glob posted:

i know this isn't the paul thread, but the guy is in the family and ostensibly the guy running creative now. would you mind providing a few bullet points of his most grievous sins beyond royally burying chyna?

Besides being on the board that investigated the gang rapes that happened literally down the hallway from his office that conveniently opted to not look into any of the evidence or even talk to the victim of said gang rapes?

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Triple H is so far into Vince's inner circle that I have a hard time imagining he didn't have some knowledge of what was going on.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
He was executive producer of NXT when Bill DeMott was doing all that poo poo down to a good half of the Performance Center.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
And he kept him around until, I read on the forums here, someone in NXT had a spinal injury, I don't know if that's the exact reason but he still kept a idiotic coach that everyone hated and complained about who would literally get people injured and still kept him and defended him anyway.

Paul with velveteen dream and trying to keep him around too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat This Glob posted:

He hired Bill DeMott to abuse trainees and then covered it up for two years while Bill DeMott abused trainees and let women be fired who complained about being sexually harassed.

For one.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wasn't Trips also supposed to be the one to look into the Randy Orton allegations from a few years back that went precisely nowhere?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Short but interesting thread about who knew what when, and discussion around a previous huge payout in the mid 2000s.

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1752277419908862276

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1752280094171861068
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1752281475628835067
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1752313096985817256
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1752313971741544728
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1752314179166540039

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

they’ve all gotta go. don’t support this company in any way folks

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bix reminding me on Twitter of the 13 women who went to the Times five-six years ago about Vince but whomever they talked to didn't know anything about wrestling so they didn't think they'd get a fair shake because the person at the Times wouldn't get it.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
If intimidation, rape, sex trafficking, and coprophilia is a $3m payout, the $7m payout has to be some “Vince was Gilligan on Epstein Island” bullshit.

It is in no way shape or form their responsibility to do so but I hope every single one of this demon’s victims comes out of the woodwork and he just spends the rest of his miserable life drowning in lawsuits and, at critical mass, criminal charges. Yes he is rich AF but there has to be some prosecutor somewhere looking to make a career on this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Next time some disingenuous dumbfuck shows up in the main thread to have a cry about how it's just impossible that anybody knew anything bad was happening, throw this post at them.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Ganso Bomb posted:

Short but interesting thread about who knew what when, and discussion around a previous huge payout in the mid 2000s.

Evergreen Dave response

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
The dollar amount of the payouts doesn't necessarily mean that the situations were more hosed up. Different people might demand more and vince was going to do whatever it took to keep things under control. People without lawyers might be willing to take less money when they're getting threatened with lawyers and there is no obvious route for blowing the whistle and the police are indifferent at best.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

Next time some disingenuous dumbfuck shows up in the main thread to have a cry about how it's just impossible that anybody knew anything bad was happening, throw this post at them.

taped to a minecraft brick

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The Bill DeMott hazing was truly terrible. Matt Cardona and the jelly donut was a wild, horrifying story. It's just one incident of many - we had so many puzzle pieces, just not all the ways to connect them.

Dawgstar posted:

Bix reminding me on Twitter of the 13 women who went to the Times five-six years ago about Vince but whomever they talked to didn't know anything about wrestling so they didn't think they'd get a fair shake because the person at the Times wouldn't get it.

God it sucks how misunderstood wrestling really is for specifically this reason. Ugh. It all goes down to how difficult it is to uncover all this poo poo because it's trapped in a web of ignorance and smoke and mirrors.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Forgive me if this is information somebody already brought up, but I was arguing with someone who thinks CO 1 is Frank Riddick and not Paul, and in digging through the filing I put a couple pieces together.

quote:

165: On March 10, 2021, WWE Corporate Officer No. 2 informed Grant that day that
she would officially be moved to Talent Relations and would quickly begin reporting to
Laurinaitis, although details about her role, including a title and salary, were still being firmed up.
In essence, Ms. Grant again found herself in a completely undefined role, except for the
understanding that she remain a sexual slave to be used and trafficked by McMahon within the
WWE.

247: Knowledge on the part of WWE is further illustrated by the multiple meetings Ms.
Grant had about initial hiring and subsequent position changes, including a number of such
meetings with WWE Corporate Officer No. 2 and a voice memo McMahon sent Ms. Grant the
following morning, on March 10, mentioning the names of both WWE Corporate Officer No. 1
and WWE Corporate Officer No. 2 in connection with the new role.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Pylons posted:

Forgive me if this is information somebody already brought up, but I was arguing with someone who thinks CO 1 is Frank Riddick and not Paul, and in digging through the filing I put a couple pieces together.

Riddick was a board member at the start but wasn't an employee outside of being interim CFO for a few months in 2020 and then being named CFO in November of 2021, while CO#1 was a high-ranking employee "at all times relevant." He also left the board after becoming CFO.

disaster pastor fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jan 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

Goons in this forum were told time and time again that WWE was an organization full of systematic abuse that covered it up at every opportunity, it was just less important than watching Monday Night Raw.