Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

surullisia suomen ääniä

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I see many recent bugfix patches and there were rumors of a new content update a while back, is that still a thing?

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Picked this game back up for the first time in a few years, died stupidly a few times, and had a great time. Still amazing.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

The beta branch has new content that hasn’t made it to the main branch yet, as far as I know.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
beta branch has been getting new patches lately but they haven't made it to the main game yet, yeah. a new patch even arrived a few days ago bringing the return of the high speed cam + sfx

if you want a hot take, there should be a version of short teleport bolt that also speeds you up in the direction of teleport, and then a perk or some other feature where at high enough speeds you actually reach ramming speed like a real physics object

let me smash into extremely dense rock with my face and make a crater

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Zamujasa posted:

beta branch has been getting new patches lately but they haven't made it to the main game yet, yeah. a new patch even arrived a few days ago bringing the return of the high speed cam + sfx

if you want a hot take, there should be a version of short teleport bolt that also speeds you up in the direction of teleport, and then a perk or some other feature where at high enough speeds you actually reach ramming speed like a real physics object

let me smash into extremely dense rock with my face and make a crater

Make it a perk like Leg Day, where Miina's body deals damage on collision depending on how fast they're going.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
For that matter, just make the kick do extra damage if you're moving at high speeds, proportional to your overall speed of movement. Take leg day, build a wand with the proposed acceleport bolt, drink some acceleratium, time your kick really really carefully, and roundhouse a Skoude so hard he loving vaporizes

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Can long distance cast be dropped in the overgrown cave wands? I am like 10 PW deep on both sides and I cannot loving find one of these

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Angry Diplomat posted:

For that matter, just make the kick do extra damage if you're moving at high speeds, proportional to your overall speed of movement. Take leg day, build a wand with the proposed acceleport bolt, drink some acceleratium, time your kick really really carefully, and roundhouse a Skoude so hard he loving vaporizes

never skip leg day is one of my favorite perks just because you can get up close and kick a hiisi and he just fuckin explodes into his component parts

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Zamujasa posted:

never skip leg day is one of my favorite perks just because you can get up close and kick a hiisi and he just fuckin explodes into his component parts

For me it's telekinetic kick. There's nothing quite like the brutal satisfaction of absolutely pasting a Stevari with one of the sacred mountain training dummy statues. Plus, it lets you snag gold nuggets out of fire/harmful liquids!

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Time to leav...
https://i.imgur.com/RLxJM2O.mp4

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

the ol' GWAWOD. classic

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I love the "just fired a nuke" warning over the enemy that you will absolutely never be able to do anything about

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
just enough time to process "ahhh gently caress" without being able to do anything, 11/10 :allears:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
A mod that plays a fast awooga whenever a nuke or giga-X is launched. Still not enough to save you, but a little more funny.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I'm still a little sad that a mechanics fix made this not work anymore.

Orv
May 4, 2011

pseudorandom name posted:

It's actually multiple rectangles side by side with different tops and bottoms, which is why I was asking.

e: I think there's three, stair-stepping down from left to right. The right edge of the left-most rectangle is just inside the right side of the health/refresh pillar and the right-edge of the middle rectangle is in the left half of the seventh column from the left (fourth from right) in the spell display.

Ah poo poo, I’m sorry, I completely misread your original post.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

i, uh. i think i'll pass on this one

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

But why? One of them has a reduced lifetime, I'm sure it'll be fine :haw:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Angry Diplomat posted:

But why? One of them has a reduced lifetime, I'm sure it'll be fine :haw:

so does the caster :hmmyes:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Hmm. the wiki says the Kammi activates when "thrown", surely that means right clicking like with a potion, not simply dragging it out of your inventory, the game can't possibly be that stupid, I won't check or make a save backup, I'll just gently place it in the storage niche next to my Runestone of Emptiness.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
https://i.imgur.com/zz4yb5I.mp4

"end of everything" my rear end, i'm still alive :mad:

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Stoca Zola posted:

Just popping into the thread to sob heartbrokenly about steam deleting my progress completely because someone else logged into steam on my computer and noita cloud shares were broken. I’ve lost my amulet, my tree pillars, everything. Neither me or the person who logged in have cloud sync enabled so I am pretty shitted off that the progress was reset for whatever reason, not sure if it’s noita’s jank way of storing progress or steams jank way of handling a different user logging in.

something similar happened to me a few months back after I went on a quest to grab all the pillars. I've just given up at this point. I did basically everything available so I feel fine, but any time I play now and I don't see that amulet I just sigh.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Zamujasa posted:

https://i.imgur.com/zz4yb5I.mp4

"end of everything" my rear end, i'm still alive :mad:
i love the worms popping into brief, probably confusing existence before collapsing into a small pile of falling gold dust

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ciaphas posted:

i love the worms popping into brief, probably confusing existence before collapsing into a small pile of falling gold dust

I've got no pity for the God angering bastards

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
I was carrying a flask of toxic sludge and puked into it, and somehow fungal shifted something into vomit that was dissolved the ground and turned into more vomit, filling the world up with vomit.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

HolHorsejob posted:

I was carrying a flask of toxic sludge and puked into it, and somehow fungal shifted something into vomit that was dissolved the ground and turned into more vomit, filling the world up with vomit.

Too long for a thread title soz

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
But the video death is definitely something I can commiserate with. I hate it when that plasma thing is the only digging I have.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

sebmojo posted:

Noita: filling the world up with vomit

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

sebmojo posted:

Video Games > Noita: my vomit turned into more vomit, filling the world up with vomit

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
I ran across this again and had to repost it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLf7qutsgBU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

how popular/well-known is noita in finland?

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

sebmojo posted:

how popular/well-known is noita in finland?
I dunno, hard to say. Most of my nerd friends know about it or have played it, and a surprisingly few non-nerds are also familiar. But I would bet it's popular mostly among people my age that have nostalgia for the 90s Finnish shareware scene.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
important context for assessing finland: they are maybe the most online country in the western world. it seems like for every three europeans I meet online, 2 of them are finnish.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Can somebody verify how to interpret the fungal reality shift lists provided by Noitool/Noita Seed Tool.

My seed lists Acid -> Vomit and Acid -> Vomit (Flask), and doesn't mention Vomit anywhere else.

Am I right that this means that a) if I'm holding a flask of vomit, there's a 75% chance of transmuting acid to vomit and a 25% chance of any of the other options on the list not marked with a flask and b) if I'm not holding a flask, any of the listed non-flask transmutations can occur, but no other transmutations are possible? and c) for the transmutations that have multiple inputs, only one of those transmutations is possible (i.e. for oil/swamp/peat -> sima, if I get oil -> sima, I will never get swamp -> sima?)

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Can somebody verify how to interpret the fungal reality shift lists provided by Noitool/Noita Seed Tool.

My seed lists Acid -> Vomit and Acid -> Vomit (Flask), and doesn't mention Vomit anywhere else.

Am I right that this means that a) if I'm holding a flask of vomit, there's a 75% chance of transmuting acid to vomit and a 25% chance of any of the other options on the list not marked with a flask and b) if I'm not holding a flask, any of the listed non-flask transmutations can occur, but no other transmutations are possible? and c) for the transmutations that have multiple inputs, only one of those transmutations is possible (i.e. for oil/swamp/peat -> sima, if I get oil -> sima, I will never get swamp -> sima?)

if you're talking about this then it lists shifts in sequential order (with a number next to each pair of materials), so for the example you gave the first time you fungal shift is 100% chance to turn acid to vomit regardless of whether you're holding a flask, the second is 100% "acid" which is currently "vomit(transformed)" transforming again to [primary flask liquid if you're holding a flask, otherwise vomit]

if a shift lists multiple inputs then all of the inputs transform at once.

worth noting that the tool currently doesn't work for the beta branch

Oh, this run started with me finding out that hiding under Emerald Tablets while the Connoisseur of Wands kills itself got removed in the beta branch and me thinking "well, poo poo, I better do that to get the unlocks before they make an already bad game even worse" and then finding out that the guaranteed Wand Refresh spawn was also removed in the beta, so I did that too, and then it turns out that if you can actually loving heal yourself the game becomes tractable and it became My Third Good Run and it turns out that Noita might be Good, Actually.

So if the top of my fungal shift list looks this, then I'm guaranteed to get Acid -> Vomit on my first fungal shift if I'm not holding a flask?

Ah, it's a different thing, ok.

Either way, if the UI works the same as the one I linked, the first shift should turn berserkium+pheromone+invis into [flask liquid or flummoxium], second shift will turn snow into [flask liquid or soup], third shift will turn acid to vomit, fourth shift will turn transformed acidvomit into silver

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 30, 2024

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Oh, this run started with me finding out that hiding under Emerald Tablets while the Connoisseur of Wands kills itself got removed in the beta branch and me thinking "well, poo poo, I better do that to get the unlocks before they make an already bad game even worse" and then finding out that the guaranteed Wand Refresh spawn was also removed in the beta, so I did that too, and then it turns out that if you can actually loving heal yourself the game becomes tractable and it became My Third Good Run and it turns out that Noita might be Good, Actually.

So if the top of my fungal shift list looks this, then I'm guaranteed to get Acid -> Vomit on my first fungal shift if I'm not holding a flask?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

:smith:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i actually had a moment of 'oh shiiii-' like a character in an 80s action movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005