Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
*me strapping a pulse oximeter to the cop's finger as he wails on me*

"Whoa man, you need to take a pause between swings to my unprotected skull."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Let that be a lesson to all you troublemaker teens out there: If you're going to be assaulted by a police officer you better make dam sure his blood pressure and cholesterol levels are within healthy limits. It's called responsibility.
Of course, since the charge is murder and not manslaughter, the teenager clearly had knowledge of his heart condition and provoked the attack on himself with intent to kill by existing as a brown person in public

Edit: guy might get a pardon if it wasn't Texas, as-is he could be a Navy SEAL and still be hosed for being brown and not speaking English

The Islamic Shock has issued a correction as of 18:54 on Jan 29, 2024

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

a man in california was arrested for failure to appear. he was HIV+, and the cops and the associated jail hospital denied him his antiretroviral drugs, which his mom sent with the cops when they arrested the man. he died from shingles, contracted at the jail, two months later. he was 38

https://www.poz.com/article/man-allegedly-died-denied-hiv-meds-california-jail

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Elias_Maluco posted:

Teen Charged With Murder After Officer Had Heart Attack While Assaulting Him

https://truthout.org/articles/teen-charged-with-murder-after-officer-had-heart-attack-while-assaulting-him/

what the hell

Man this isn't even the first time someone's been charged for hurting the cop that was beating them

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I am almost certain there has been a case where the pigs sicced a k9 on someone, shot into the fray killing their own dog and charged the victim with killing an officer. Felony Murder (the charge you get if anyone dies while you are committing a felony) is kind of a bulllshit charge

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Shrecknet posted:

I am almost certain there has been a case where the pigs sicced a k9 on someone, shot into the fray killing their own dog and charged the victim with killing an officer. Felony Murder (the charge you get if anyone dies while you are committing a felony) is kind of a bulllshit charge

Oh this has definitely happened, there was just one of those stories going around not long ago. Ultimately, aside from being cruelly vengeful and petty, It's the police convincing themselves they didn't gently caress up.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

it’s really hard to gently caress up when there are absolutely no consequences.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Dr Pepper posted:

Man this isn't even the first time someone's been charged for hurting the cop that was beating them
There are two that stick out in my mind. Assaulting an officer by bleeding on his uniform, and assaulting an officer when he broke his hand punching the guy's face.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The highest-funded police department in the world scammed $155 million in overtime from new yorkers last year. According to their own metrics, this avoided about 100 crimes on the subway system. So about $1.5 million dollars per crime

https://gothamist.com/news/nypd-overtime-pay-in-the-subway-went-from-4-million-to-155-million-this-year

Pontificating Ass has issued a correction as of 06:12 on Feb 2, 2024

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Pontificating rear end posted:

The highest-funded police department in the world scammed $155 million in overtime from new yorkers last year. According to their own metrics, this avoided about 100 crimes on the subway system. So about $1.5 million dollars per crime

https://gothamist.com/news/nypd-overtime-pay-in-the-subway-went-from-4-million-to-155-million-this-year

give them a trillion and there will be no more crime

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Pontificating rear end posted:

they aren't there to police fares, but rather to be a dispersed and ready set of muscle. it's a bunch of violent PE

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

92% of the fare evasion arrests were non-whites. A marked improvement from 100%

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

In Training posted:

92% of the fare evasion arrests were non-whites. A marked improvement from 100%

That moment only your white guilt stops you from jumping the turnstyle

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Spergin Morlock posted:

they aren't there to police fares, but rather to be a dispersed and ready set of muscle. it's a bunch of violent PE

people are like oh no fascism might come to america and im like dude half your city revenue funds them and its been that way for decades

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
just wait until you start seeing JAKARTA IS COMING wheatpasted on the alley walls in your city.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

How many cops does it take to open a door?

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7325182236842577183

I dunno but 12 isn't enough :laugh:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
is that from the raid where they almost killed a disabled toddler by throwing a gas grenade in his crib recently?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Koishi Komeiji posted:

How many cops does it take to open a door?

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7325182236842577183

I dunno but 12 isn't enough :laugh:

catching a murder charge when the pig with the battering ram collapses and dies

its the wrong address and you're not even home

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
Ran across this incredibly wholesome interaction and figured this is the appropriate thread for it.
https://twitter.com/LatuffCartoons/status/1752886480685416451
https://twitter.com/LatuffCartoons/status/1752887914986451334

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Latuff is insane and rules

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/05/us/colorado-aurora-settlement-stolen-vehicle-mixup/index.html

quote:

In August 2020, Brittney Gilliam was taking her 6-year-old daughter, 17-year-old sister and 14- and 12-year-old nieces to get their nails done when Aurora police officers stopped them in a parking lot and ordered them at gunpoint to get out of their vehicle.

[...]

At the time of the incident, police said there was confusion over the license plate as there was a stolen motorcycle with the same plate information, but it was from a different state.

Boy these five black girls in a car sure looks like the stolen motorcycle we are looking for.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

“mixup”, lol

whoopsie! assault with a deadly weapon on a 6-year old because cops are worse at distinguishing vehicles than Tesla autopilot

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Subjunctive posted:

“mixup”, lol

saw the headline and immediately prepared this exact post

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Tenkaris posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/05/us/colorado-aurora-settlement-stolen-vehicle-mixup/index.html

Boy these five black girls in a car sure looks like the stolen motorcycle we are looking for.

you can't even claim it was a case of suspected plate swapping either because motorcycle plates are tiny

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

the cnn article leaves out some infuriating information

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/black-family-was-removed-car-gunpoint-handcuffed-aurora-colorado-polic-rcna137444

quote:

The handcuffs were too big for Gilliam's 6-year-old daughter, the suit said, so officers forced the little girl and Gilliam’s 14-year-old niece to hold their hands above their heads with their faces on the pavement.

The family was held for about two hours until a sergeant arrived, according to the suit.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Gotta fly in the sergeant from a couple states away.

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

I'll put a knife right in you.
Makes sense since the stolen motorcycle plate was from another state

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tenkaris posted:

That one really shakes me. The one time a cop pulled a gun on me was a similar situation when I was like 20, though in that case someone had stolen a car and swapped my rear plate with those of the car they'd stolen.
Luckily I was a white kid going to college, so the rookie who pulled the gun was told to go wait in the car while the vet they were with finished the stop.
If I had been a shade darker, I definitely would have been cuffed on the curb at least and might have been killed for driving a clunker through a nicer city.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

That one really shakes me. The one time a cop pulled a gun on me was a similar situation when I was like 20, though in that case someone had stolen a car and swapped my rear plate with those of the car they'd stolen.
Luckily I was a white kid going to college, so the rookie who pulled the gun was told to go wait in the car while the vet they were with finished the stop.
If I had been a shade darker, I definitely would have been cuffed on the curb at least and might have been killed for driving a clunker through a nicer city.

I worked with a woman who ended up being held at gunpoint over a stolen car. In that case she’d reported it stolen and then a few days later it was recovered through unofficial channels. She claims she called to police to report it found but either way a month later she found herself pulled over and held at gunpoint despite her name being on the registration and explaining the situation

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I believe that. When my car was stolen I got a call from the cops 2 weeks later telling me my car was parked in a red zone and I had 15 minutes to move it or else it would be impounded. When the cop on the scene heard that the car had been abandoned in front of the complex next to mine he went from treating it as a nuisance dumping to insurance fraud and suddenly cared about dusting for prints and poo poo -but only until he found out I only had liability insurance at which point it just became my problem to move the stripped car again.

It was such a bizarre situation. The person on dispatch who called me didn't seem to have the memo that it was a stolen car and acted like it was a courtesy call, and then put me on hold for a minute when I said it was stolen. I was at work and my roommate and girlfriend had to push the car into my complex's driveway/guest parking since the thieves had hosed up the ignition, and dealt with the on scene cop who was very suspicious until he didn't care.

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 21:18 on Feb 7, 2024

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I worked with a woman who ended up being held at gunpoint over a stolen car. In that case she’d reported it stolen and then a few days later it was recovered through unofficial channels. She claims she called to police to report it found but either way a month later she found herself pulled over and held at gunpoint despite her name being on the registration and explaining the situation

that poo poo is the worst

i have had cops pull guns on me twice, once when I was 14 and skipped a rock into my aunt's window. while she was explaining it to the cop I got frustrated and started to walk away and he pulled on me, much to her anger

the second time I'll give a pass, in my early 20s my downstairs neighbor got hosed up and went walking in the street with a replica gun and underpants on. when I came out to see what the noise was a cop pulled on my now wife and I, possibly in surprise. still scary as poo poo, and considering there were 12 cops a definite over reaction

for the record I'm white but also from very broke people in poor neighborhoods

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

hubris.height posted:

for the record I'm white but also from very broke people in poor neighborhoods

"Have you considered moving to a better neighborhood?" -The helpful advice I got from the cop who inspected/signed off on my fix-it ticket when I got pulled over for putting my plate in my rear window after that plate swap incident.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I got pulled on in a car with windows that didn't work. I shouted through the glass "I'm gonna have to open the door my windows don't work." the cop nods and then when I look up from looking down to grab the door handle there's a gun six inches from my face. She starts screaming for me to get back in the car while I say into the gun "My... Seat belt is still on."

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

UwUnabomber posted:

I got pulled on in a car with windows that didn't work. I shouted through the glass "I'm gonna have to open the door my windows don't work." the cop nods and then when I look up from looking down to grab the door handle there's a gun six inches from my face. She starts screaming for me to get back in the car while I say into the gun "My... Seat belt is still on."

What if your seatbelt was a gun? What if your car door handle was a gun? What if you were a gun? Also cops should be allowed to duel wield rocket launchers

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
a roofer would have more license to pull a gun on someone and demand to know which shingles are a slipping hazard

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
She pulled me over for swerving over the center line in the middle of a small town at 1 AM. At worst I was drunk. In reality I was eating and driving at the same time. I showed her the fuckin cheeseburger I was so rattled.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Also cops should be allowed to duel wield rocket launchers

I'm all for this if it means cops who shoot themselves in the foot get blown up instead of being given two years paid leave and a medal

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

UwUnabomber posted:

thanks. this is the first time someone has ever had a story of this happening to them as well after I've shared it lol

it's wild though, the same aunt I mention is full back the blue it doesn't make sense, or she's never reflected idk

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FacelessVoid
Jul 8, 2009
https://x.com/scotthech/status/1755962376221028670?s=46&t=KjgCk8AMcWdgl97WT6zMuA

my dad was rambling about this the other day and I had no idea what he was talking about. apparently it’s making the rounds on fox. Hispanics are taught to jump cops by their parents I was told.

lol turns out an rear end in a top hat cop assaulted a dad with a baby stroller