Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

who else is stoked about getting conscripted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Bucky Fullminster posted:

The whole thing is easy runs that have maximum impact. That's pretty much the point.

But the most critical sections are the ones initially outlined - M7 to Parramatta, North to Harbour Bridge, Airport to Opera House, and Newington to Olympic Park. Complemented with the Bike Ferry Service of course.

These are the biggest gaps. Closing them would be like unclogging a blocked drain, allowing traffic to flow freely instead of flooding the footpath:

Mostly it's not even about building infrastructure, it's just about making a few different decisions.

I look at the millions of dollars that was spent on this thing for example, and the negligible difference it makes when hardly anyone who doesn't live in a 200 meter radius of it is going that direction and there is another crossing 500 meters away already, and I weep:

https://vimeo.com/879620713

nice cheers

Bucky, you gotta write in explicitly and in small words.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

an egg posted:

finally, genetic illness pays off!

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Recoome posted:

like contiguous wtf does that mean

all joined together without segment gaps, ie. one contiguous length

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

an egg posted:

SkyNews has the best comment sections!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Mark Haydon, one of the accomplices in the Snowtown murders, will be released from prison soon.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

GoldStandardConure posted:

finally, genetic illness pays off!

:hfive:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

SecretOfSteel posted:

Any loving excuse at all and these psychos will bang the national service drum.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

How does anyone who's been to an event at Homebush not look at this and salivate:

It costs almost literally nothing! There is a wharf there already, and we have a bunch of boats ready to go. We can do it tomorrow if we want.

And how good would this be:

This is probably the heart and soul of it:

Come on:

And imagine the bridge over this blue line:

It's mostly there already. We just need to link up a few sections, and designate the rest accordingly.

can we add images to the word cloud?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Not since 1963 have we seen a book store so effectively and skilfully used in the fight against the woke left

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

my father, of blessed memory, avoided his vietnam call-up by taking a heroic amount of psychedelic drugs, convincing himself the earth was about to stop spinning and everyone would fly off into the deep void of space, attacking someone in line at the post office and getting committed to a mental institution for a year. he is my guiding light in these troubled times.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
My dad didn't get called but the ETU (most of the unions I think) just gave you a fake membership and sent you to a remote area to dodge it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Solemn Sloth posted:

Not since 1963 have we seen a book store so effectively and skilfully used in the fight against the woke left

Holy gently caress they're trying to post through it. They made a post on their Instagram which started

quote:

We sincerely apologise to anyone who has been offended by online comments that are being edited by individuals and posted on social media about Robinsons.

They are being taken out of context and being misrepresented as the views of Robinsons Bookshop when they are not.
[...]

..... but obviously no one bought that so they made another post trying to 'clarify' the online comments

quote:

[...]
During the last few years, the buying team at Robinsons has noticed most books being released have little variation of themes. Susanne Horman, Chief Executive at Robinsons, who posted the comments on social media, believes this has caused an opportunity in the market for authors to fill.

While some genres are overflowing on the shelves, others are noticeably bare. Positive stories with men and boys as the hero are almost missing from the mix. Neither Susanne Horman, nor Robinsons Bookshop are making a value judgement on this observation. Susanne apologises if people have taken this comment as a negative reflection on an excellent range of diverse books.
[...]
https://www.instagram.com/robinsonsbooks/

Pouring water on the fire (but it's a grease fire)

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
That is such bullshit, why not just own your lovely views if you think they’re right? Surely the people will stand with you… It’s hit the news now as well, which is why I guess she’s in damage control mode. What’s the chance she also wrote the posts calling them edited, out of context, misrepresentations?

I feel like it’s a real misunderstanding of your customer base. I’ve bought books at their highpoint store thinking I’m supporting an independent bookseller, knowing I could probably find a cheaper copy online, or even at QBD which is a short walk from there, but not recently and I wouldn’t go back now.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Not making a value judgement that there aren't enough books with only white able bodied characters.

E: I googled kids books and clicked on Dymocks. It's all classics and books with white people and a dog or doing magic. There are ten human characters on covers and one is brown. One is Taylor Swift.

JBP fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 29, 2024

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

SecretOfSteel posted:

Yeah sure, "Alexey", pretty Russian sounding name there mate

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

quote:

Key sections:

Connecting the M7 to Parramatta
Connecting the north to the city with a skyway from Ridge St to the Bridge
A bike ferry network
Connecting the Airport to the Harbour at the Opera House
Providing painless access to Olympic Park

The connection from the M7 to Parramatta already exists. The occasional traffic light and foray into a very quiet backstreet is acceptible and most of the line along the bus route has a seperated bike path. The issue is more the gradients.
The detour from the stairs at the Bridge is about to commence
Ferries allow bikes
Connection from the Airport to the Harbour exists, there is actually three seperate ways to ride off road from the harbour to the Airport but to be frank why the Airport?
Access to Olympic Park via bike is.... pretty good already? There's good paths from the west, east and south?

Riding from Parramatta to the city you isnt stopped by Putney being unridable. There is a backstreet route to Gladesville Bridge (not recommended) but the actual best route is take the bike path along Concord Road, cross the river and connect to the quiet back streets and bike paths around Concord heading to Five Dock. The hole here is Canada Bay to Robson Park/Bay Run and while it's in general quiet enough it's not n00b bike friendly. NOw while I would in general regard Parramatta to Bay run as fairly easy, the climb up to Roseville is not and the two alternatives are either a sufferfest or a still difficult climb but added cars bonus.

Either gets you to Parklands and... well... that WAS good but they closed that for some reason last week........

ANZAC Bridge is a pain but there's not a lot you can do there unless you want to take the MUP on the other side of James Craig and hey good luck with the dog walkers

Sydney is best served by realising it's perfect e-Bike territory and putting pressure on for raising the dumbass 25kph e-Bike limiters and also e-bike subsidy (Yes I'm well aware the cheap imports dont have limiters bt they also have suspect charging design too so.... yeah. Buy something that isnt suspect). Oh look the gradients aren't actually that much of a problem and good e-bikes are more affordable

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

one thing about russia and china that i don't see discussed at all is that they're actually preparing for the non-combat aspects of war. australia is not. like, at all.

there's a lot of planning going on in those countries focused on protecting people. bomb shelters, evacuation plans, city populations being trained on what to do if there's an incoming attack. i have not seen any of this in australia. all the leaders seem to be focused on is how we are going to kill as many people as possible, and where we're going to get the personnel to go do that killing. but the actual defense side of it? the logistics of mass population movement, destruction of infrastructure, food supply?

there are plans in place to evacuate beijing and moscow in the event of an incoming strike, and save as many people as possible. the shelters are already built and the population has been informed on where to go and what to do to either get out of the city or get to the safest part of it. imagine the population of sydney or melbourne in the same situation. imagine what that would look like.

surely planning is going on behind the scenes, but given the country's response to every other crisis it's been faced with, i have zero faith in our ability to actually prepare for war and that scares the poo poo out of me

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It doesn't scare me at all. War doesn't make my top 50 pressing concerns. Especially not a war with Russia or China that somehow comes here in a way that isn't nuclear, which I can't do anything about anyway.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
Why would Australia need to conscript people for a war with Russia? We're not in NATO. And why would we go to war with China, one of our largest trading partners. Whatever idiot is saying that needs to be sent to a reeducation camp.

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

the answer to every question is that we're america's bitch and also the uk's

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

Yeah, neither China nor Russia have the capability to invade Australia without a decade plus of obvious blue water navy build up. The only way a war with either could actually reach here is a nuclear strike, at which point we're hosed anyway. Any naval invasion of Australia would have to deal with Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia first, and none of them are particularly keen on China's ongoing bullshit in the South China Sea.

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.

an egg posted:

one thing about russia and china that i don't see discussed at all is that they're actually preparing for the non-combat aspects of war. australia is not. like, at all.

there's a lot of planning going on in those countries focused on protecting people. bomb shelters, evacuation plans, city populations being trained on what to do if there's an incoming attack. i have not seen any of this in australia. all the leaders seem to be focused on is how we are going to kill as many people as possible, and where we're going to get the personnel to go do that killing. but the actual defense side of it? the logistics of mass population movement, destruction of infrastructure, food supply?

there are plans in place to evacuate beijing and moscow in the event of an incoming strike, and save as many people as possible. the shelters are already built and the population has been informed on where to go and what to do to either get out of the city or get to the safest part of it. imagine the population of sydney or melbourne in the same situation. imagine what that would look like.

surely planning is going on behind the scenes, but given the country's response to every other crisis it's been faced with, i have zero faith in our ability to actually prepare for war and that scares the poo poo out of me

What kind of possible scenario are you imagining here? I mean New York, Paris or London isn’t planning for this kind of thing either to my knowledge, are we really at more risk?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

We aren't training civilians because we are relying on the mad max effect to deter invaders.

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

a nuclear strike is actually more survivable than people think. not if you're right at ground zero, obviously, but there is going to be a world of difference in survival rates between a city that's prepared and one that isn't.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Love to survive nuclear Armageddon.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

an egg posted:

one thing about russia and china that i don't see discussed at all is that they're actually preparing for the non-combat aspects of war.
Given the last few years in Ukraine I'm not sure that Russia has been preparing for the combat aspects of war, let alone that stuff.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

an egg posted:

surely planning is going on behind the scenes...

Surely. They wouldn't just not be planning, that wouldn't be like them at all.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The connection from the M7 to Parramatta already exists. The occasional traffic light and foray into a very quiet backstreet is acceptible

It's not the occasional traffic light, it's a total of 56 lanes of traffic over 14 crossings. Sometimes without traffic lights, and sometimes up to 8 lanes at a time. In front of massive trucks. After 41 km of the the peace and security of the M7, and before the peace and security of 35 km of the river path, it's not acceptable, no. Neither is the slog through Westmead to get from Toongabbie to the river, which I have proposed two easy solutions for.

edit - but also: "You make it possible for everyone who lives west of Toongabbie to get into town on a bike. Well, it's already possible, but you make it safe, and pleasant. With literally no infrastructure investment. Pound for pound, that's a pretty good deal."

quote:

and most of the line along the bus route has a seperated bike path.

Yep, so that part is easy done.

quote:

The issue is more the gradients.

eh, they're ok, but as we agree, e-bikes blast this out the water.

quote:

The detour from the stairs at the Bridge is about to commence

Right, and where does it go? Trying to squeeze in along the ground all the way up north sydney? You see the problem, right? A sky-way that maintains most of its altitude and zips above the traffic up to Ridge St is the best solution.

quote:

Ferries allow bikes

I know, I'm talking about a dedicated bike ferry, for reasons explained in the article, which I do hope you read:

quote:

We don't want to add extra stress to the existing ferry network, especially if we see the uptick in numbers that we're hoping for. Plus cyclists can more easily get to places that pedestrians can't, so the existing ferry routes & stops aren't necessarily based around them and their movement capabilities. So by providing a ferry network to complement the superhighway, we take cyclists off the existing network, and maximise the potential of the bikes.

12 of these are existing ferry wharves: Manly, Rose Bay, Taronga, Kirribilli, Balmain, Greenwich, Huntley's Point, Chiswick, Cabarita, Meadowbank, Longueville, and Newington. These are selected to service the various "peninsulas" and the areas they represent as efficiently as possible. (Note - it doesn't go all the way to Parramatta, because that far upstream the boat has to go significantly slower than cycling speed, so it's best for the bike ferry to go to and from Newington / Meadowbank. But people are of course still free to use the existing passenger ferry.)

Two are existing wharves that aren't for ferries at the moment: Man O'War Steps and the Port Authority. These are brought off the bench because they work particularly well with wheels. The far side of the Opera House and the top corner of Barangaroo might not be the most convenient for pedestrians, but if you're on a bike, then it's actually much quicker and easier and nicer to jump on and off there, rather than having to make the boat squeeze all the way down through the traffic to find a spot Circular Quay, or Pyrmont Bay. This placement allows the bike-ferry to practically skip up the harbour, shaving substantial time off the round-trip.

And four are proposed: up Middle Harbour, stopping at the Spit, Northbridge, and Roseville, and up Lane Cove River to stop at the old and marvellous Pleasure Grounds. All perfectly navigable waterways, yet which leave residents feeling completely isolated from the city by the otherwise unavoidable constraints of topography.

(There's even potential for a new route to go up Georges River from the Foreshore Rd Boat Ramp in Botany, to Sans Souci Park, Tom Uglys Bridge, Como Pleasure Grounds, Henry Lawson Drive on Salt Pan Creek, Revesby Beach, Deepwater Park, and Shearer Park Wharf, but perhaps we we can save that for phase two.)

quote:

Connection from the Airport to the Harbour exists, there is actually three seperate ways to ride off road from the harbour to the Airport but to be frank why the Airport?

If I see a long chain of golf course edges that creates a green corridor that connects botany to the harbour without having to deal with ANY traffic, Imma put a bike path there. The fact that it has the airport at one end is a happy coincidence which will be a massive boon for tourism.

"An absolutely champagne route, completely out of everyone's way. For the cost of a few bridges, and less than 2 km of raised track. This path alone would make headlines around the world. Fly to Sydney, hire a bike at the airport that can easily and comfortably take your kids and luggage, take a quick and picturesque 12 km ride all the way to the harbour and a ferry. Away from all the cars and chaos, without crossing so much as a single road."

quote:

Access to Olympic Park via bike is.... pretty good already? There's good paths from the west, east and south?

For an athlete with a death-wish who doesn't mind spending most of the time riding along with traffic, maybe. But not for major events. After sunset you can't ride along the water at Newington. You can get down to the M4, but that doesn't take you much further west or east. Which is why it's not considered a serious way to get there, and everyone drives or does the stupid train shuffle at Lidcombe. Whatever routes we do have, great, let's lock them down and assure people they connect to places.

quote:

Riding from Parramatta to the city you isnt stopped by Putney being unridable. There is a backstreet route to Gladesville Bridge (not recommended) but the actual best route is take the bike path along Concord Road, cross the river and connect to the quiet back streets and bike paths around Concord heading to Five Dock. The hole here is Canada Bay to Robson Park/Bay Run and while it's in general quiet enough it's not n00b bike friendly. NOw while I would in general regard Parramatta to Bay run as fairly easy, the climb up to Roseville is not and the two alternatives are either a sufferfest or a still difficult climb but added cars bonus.

Either gets you to Parklands and... well... that WAS good but they closed that for some reason last week.......

ANZAC Bridge is a pain but there's not a lot you can do there unless you want to take the MUP on the other side of James Craig and hey good luck with the dog walkers

Sounds like we need a superhighway.

quote:

Sydney is best served by realising it's perfect e-Bike territory and putting pressure on for raising the dumbass 25kph e-Bike limiters and also e-bike subsidy (Yes I'm well aware the cheap imports dont have limiters bt they also have suspect charging design too so.... yeah. Buy something that isnt suspect). Oh look the gradients aren't actually that much of a problem and good e-bikes are more affordable

Agree, that'd great, and there's no point in doing that unless we give them a reliable, contiguous, safe and comfortable way to go.

JBP posted:

Love to survive nuclear Armageddon.

quote:

Be it global economic collapse, nuclear winter, climate catastrophe or zombie apocalypse. The Cycle Superhighway will remain fully operational, forever, requiring no further inputs other than the few hundred watts we have lying latent in our legs.

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 30, 2024

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
We are willing to give whatever enemy Darwin as tribute

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

*Lines on maps*

Recoome posted:

Bucky, you gotta write in explicitly and in small words.

This - those who make the decisions are generally time poor (and right now a lot of that time is being spent hunting for asbestos in mulch on every project over the last decade).

Also, I'm eyeballing a few of the routes and I'm very cognisant of the use of some of the locations proposed for road freight - IIRC the amount of freight in and out of Port Botany is going to double over the next twenty years and the rail connections will only accommodate 30% of it - you are not going to get any buy in on routes that would result in a loss of efficiency.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

an egg posted:

one thing about russia and china that i don't see discussed at all is that they're actually preparing for the non-combat aspects of war.

Given what is currently going on, Russia is utterly unprepared for it's *current* war, let alone one that isn't being fought vs the leftovers NATO found under the couch

JBP posted:

It doesn't scare me at all. War doesn't make my top 50 pressing concerns. Especially not a war with Russia or China that somehow comes here in a way that isn't nuclear, which I can't do anything about anyway.

To add, There will be no war with Russia, Russia is going to be be hosed for a generation even if Ukraine ended today. China isnt interested, they have economic means to achive what they want.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Rougey posted:

I'm very cognisant of the use of some of the locations proposed for road freight - IIRC the amount of freight in and out of Port Botany is going to double over the next twenty years and the rail connections will only accommodate 30% of it - you are not going to get any buy in on routes that would result in a loss of efficiency.

I would never! Almost none of the routes affect cars at all, let alone freight trucks. That's the beauty of the formula.

We just gotta fight the cunts with golf clubs that are hogging all the land.

Also I thought the lines on maps were good at communicating the information for time-poor people.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

I would never! Almost none of the routes affect cars at all, let alone freight trucks. That's the beauty of the formula.

We just gotta fight the cunts with golf clubs that are hogging all the land.

Also I thought the lines on maps were good at communicating the information for time-poor people.

Somebody looking at Port Botany (the LAST place you want to reduce efficiency in any way shape or form) is going to be concerned - granted I appreciate that you didn't try to do what Bayside Council does with their strategic cycle maps and propose a connection under the runways...

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm planning to evacuate my bowels in case of a perfidious attack by our many enemies

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Rougey posted:

I appreciate that you didn't try to do what Bayside Council does with their strategic cycle maps and propose a connection under the runways...

It's a hell of a job, the use-case isn't strong enough, and the long way round isn't bad enough, so it didn't stack up by my math.

Rougey posted:

Somebody looking at Port Botany (the LAST place you want to reduce efficiency in any way shape or form) is going to be concerned

Sounds like we need a good link to a freight depot at Leppington...

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

To add, There will be no war with Russia, Russia is going to be be hosed for a generation even if Ukraine ended today. China isnt interested, they have economic means to achive what they want.
i hope this is true.

i am more afraid of america than of russia or china. those two countries i believe are rational and well aware that nobody wins a nuclear war. (taking ukraine is a rational act in the face of climate change.) america i don't trust not to do something unbelievably stupid, and then of course they'd drag us in with them, that's what they always do.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

It's not the occasional traffic light, it's a total of 56 lanes of traffic over 14 crossings. Sometimes without traffic lights, and sometimes up to 8 lanes at a time. In front of massive trucks. After 41 km of the the peace and security of the M7, and before the peace and security of 35 km of the river path, it's not acceptable, no. Neither is the slog through Westmead to get from Toongabbie to the river, which I have proposed two easy solutions for.

edit - but also: "You make it possible for everyone who lives west of Toongabbie to get into town on a bike. Well, it's already possible, but you make it safe, and pleasant. With literally no infrastructure investment. Pound for pound, that's a pretty good deal."

There are ZERO crossings without lights you have to deal with trucks. ZERO. The two major roads you have to cross have more than acceptible safe crossing lights controlled points. And there are NOT 14 crossings.

There are two gradient problems between Westmead and the M7, neither of them easily solved even taking the bus lane - because the bus lanes in general follow the gradient esp between the M7 and Abbott Rd.

Also where on earth do you get 35kms of river path. Maybe as a circuit with offshoots but certainly not one way or on one side of the river. In general you got one path from Parramatta Stadium to Putney where it divets to onroad to Gladesville and on the other side the path starts at Silverwater Road and mostly departs the river at Concord Rd - anything beyond that is not really usable.

quote:

Right, and where does it go? Trying to squeeze in along the ground all the way up north sydney? You see the problem, right? A sky-way that maintains most of its altitude and zips above the traffic up to Ridge St is the best solution.

And then there is even more gradient problems and maze of streets and short sharp hills after Ridge Street and .... how on earth are you goign to build a elevated path from Milsons Pt to Ridge Street?!?! And where is Ridge St supposed to connect to, you are 2 kms away from the main north bike path that follows the Pacific Hwy to Lane Cove.

Do you even ride in some of these areas?

quote:

I know, I'm talking about a dedicated bike ferry, for reasons explained in the article, which I do hope you read:

Dedicated bike ferry is a waste of resources esp when the current ferries esp the River cats have loads of room for bike parking. It's best to increase ferry frequency

quote:

If I see a long chain of golf course edges that creates a green corridor that connects botany to the harbour without having to deal with ANY traffic, Imma put a bike path there. The fact that it has the airport at one end is a happy coincidence which will be a massive boon for tourism.

"An absolutely champagne route, completely out of everyone's way. For the cost of a few bridges, and less than 2 km of raised track. This path alone would make headlines around the world. Fly to Sydney, hire a bike at the airport that can easily and comfortably take your kids and luggage, take a quick and picturesque 12 km ride all the way to the harbour and a ferry.
Away from all the cars and chaos, without crossing so much as a single road."

The LAST thing anyone wants to do after a flight is get on a bike with luggage with kids and ride a bike. This is frankly not a good idea.

quote:

For an athlete with a death-wish who doesn't mind spending most of the time riding along with traffic, maybe. But not for major events. After sunset you can't ride along the water at Newington. You can get down to the M4, but that doesn't take you much further west or east. Which is why it's not considered a serious way to get there, and everyone drives or does the stupid train shuffle at Lidcombe. Whatever routes we do have, great, let's lock them down and assure people they connect to places.

I'm seriously doubting you ride a lot now. You could ride along the water, you need to cross the river which isnt a huge barrier but there's in fact another bike route to the south that is perfectly fine for ordinary riders through Newington I've taken after dark. There's two ... no wait three. Actually..... four. Four other ways south of the river. No wait no I think about it if I take .... I could come up with five to bypass the waterfront at Newington. And honestly maybe they can just simply keep the gates open and set up lights?

East has umm.... three decent routes, one north of Rhodes, the second via Nth Strathfield and the main one at Concord West which I have used at 3am a few times cutting through Olympic Park

South isnt really a way I've gone much but I do know of a couple of routes, one via Lidcombe that would match your death wish comment. But thats the only one I could name off the top of my head that is highly unsafe

quote:

Sounds like we need a superhighway.

No we just need some intelligent fillins that are based on riders who know the roads and know the best routes. THere's an existing bike plan that actually looks at doing this as well as the work being done to extend the river path along the south that I believe has started

quote:

Agree, that'd great, and there's no point in doing that unless we give them a reliable, contiguous, safe and comfortable way to go.

ThatI can agree on but I would suggest thre's better ways than some "superhighway"

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian AU posted:

Nine apologises for ‘Photoshop’ image of Victorian MP

The Nine Network have apologised to a Victorian MP after an automated editing process resulted in an inaccurate image of her appearing on last night’s news bulletin.

Georgie Purcell, the Animal Justice party MP for Northern Victoria, had earlier posted on X that the edited image had “enlarged” her breasts and made it appear she was wearing a “more revealing” outfit which exposed her midriff. “Can’t imagine this happening to a male MP,” Purcell posted.

Hugh Nailon, the director of Nine News Melbourne, said the network sincerely and unreservedly apologised to Purcell. He said:
"I would like to sincerely apologise to Georgie Purcell for a graphic error that occurred in last night’s bulletin. Our graphics department sourced an online image of Georgie to use in our story on duck hunting. As is common practice, the image was resized to fit our specs. During that process, the automation by Photoshop created an image that was not consistent with the original. This did not meet the high editorial standards we have and for that we apologise to Ms Purcell unreservedly."

Ah yes, the photoshop automation that removes clothes when you resize an image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Bucky, there are so many lines that it’s hard for me to get it. I really just want some bullet points at the start so decision makers can “get it”. Be honest and critical too, sounds like Cat Interceptor knows what they are talking about here.