Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

What happened now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Gripweed posted:

What happened now?

stavs going to be found dead like the gnarly Chris Farley death photos but his hands will be coated in old bay

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

finally got around to listening to the first episode of Matt’s Spanish civil war series, lol we’re never getting a second episode

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

A friend got the True Anon board game in

I only got to look at it for a bit and play two rounds of a single game. It felt like too many rules and little pieces for a party game, and too many party game gimmicks for a "serious" board game.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Sounds like it was you who got played, by Brace, the TRICKSTER! :twisted:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

A friend got the True Anon board game in

I only got to look at it for a bit and play two rounds of a single game. It felt like too many rules and little pieces for a party game, and too many party game gimmicks for a "serious" board game.

it's meant to put on your shelf and remind you of the good times you had with your friends, the Trueanon podcast

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dokapon Findom posted:

Sounds like it was you who got played, by Brace, the TRICKSTER! :twisted:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
coindexter keeps winning

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

war nerd on trueanon, nice

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

it's meant to put on your shelf and remind you of the good times you had with your friends, the Trueanon podcast

this

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this proves John Dolan is also a CIA asset. I knew it

not Ames though he is DIA

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

oh gently caress yes

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

finally got around to listening to the first episode of Matt’s Spanish civil war series, lol we’re never getting a second episode

its so good

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

not on the free feed :mad:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i presume he’s at least outlined the series, maybe scripted a few episodes, so hopefully he can at least write a few articles or newsletters on it if he can’t get back on the mic

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

isn't that the natural state of most board games anyway

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Shipon posted:

isn't that the natural state of most board games anyway

Looking at Settlers Of Catan and thinking of all the fun O had playing with Brace and Liz :)

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Samuel Glompers posted:

Looking at Settlers Of Catan and thinking of all the fun O had playing with Brace and Liz :)

O?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Obama. When they met him at Langley a few years ago

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

mark's episodes were really good too. i like how he connected to brace by recognizing the sort of romantic insanity that grips you in your 20s where you want to die for a Cause

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

that SVU episode the chapos did like half a year ago got me and my bf completely loving hooked on the series. Now I want an SVU-only recap and analysis pod to cater to my interests.

the best episode I’ve seen is season 20 episode 23: Assumptions. It’s their take on Ilhan Omar (spoilers ahead but honestly still worth watching even if you know what’s coming.)

Nala Nasar, a firebrand New York City councilmember who keeps attracting attention for her anti-semitic comments, is found in a synagogue having been SA’d and had her hijab torn off. The SVU team of course wants to get justice, but they’re also puzzled why she was in a synagogue. She tells them that she was tricked into going there: “by somebody claiming to want peace. I was lied to… by a ZIONIST.”

She accuses some young jewish teens of doing it to her. Through the rest of the episode we see her saying the sort of stuff that we all know ilhan omar to be constantly saying: that jewish people aren’t real americans, that it’s all about the benjamins for them, etc. At one point she provokes an encounter with some young teen protesters and fakes like one of them tried to tear her hijab off, them starts screaming about how this is no different from Israeli aggression against the palestinians.

Anyway with little evidence the whole thing seems to be turning into a nothingburger UNTIL the brave detectives accidentally run into Councilwoman Nasar at a lesbian bar with her hijab off.

The detectives spend some time condemning Nasar for being an obvious phony muslim- as Ice-T sagely notes, “if this was Iraq they’d throw her off the roof!” They start poking around her family (who will obviously disown her if they find out) and discover that she used to be married! Suddenly everything starts to add up.

It turns out that Nala’s ex husbandis a conservative muslim who follows Sharia Law, meaning he doesn’t believe the divorce is legitimate, Nala is still his wife and his possession. In fairly typical Law and Order fashion he gives an explosive courtroom confession, screaming that according to sharia law he should have killed her. After the trial Nala is relieved to find that her parents will NOT be shunning her, but she is attacked by some random muslim dudes disgusted by her sins. The message is so crystal clear: to anyone worried about injustice coming from Israel… the call is coming from inside the house. It’s your fellow muslims you should really be worried about.

Amazing show, perhaps no better way to access the U.S. cultural zeitgeist. Last night’s episode was about two young leftists who don’t want to testify against their POC perpetrator because they are upset about mass incarceration lmao

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Obama. When they met him at Langley a few years ago

im a big fan of his moms work, jakarta method slapped

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

QUEER FRASIER posted:

Last night’s episode was about two young leftists who don’t want to testify against their POC perpetrator because they are upset about mass incarceration lmao

I’ve read about this happening once or twice with anarchists who get beat up pretty bad but refuse to engage with the police

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

If u want to understand boomers just watch bluebloods*

*dont watch bluebloods its dreadful

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Fuligin posted:

If u want to understand boomers just watch bluebloods*

*dont watch bluebloods its dreadful
I love blue bloods. It’s a good portrayal of cops’ siege mentality. They’re always just trying to do their best and then the Not Bill de Blasio stand in comes storming in like “I DEMAND you let the times square bombers set their bombs off! This is their cultural tradition and stopping them violates their civil rights and furthers systemic racism!!”

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
wizard master what do you think of amber's new appearance on red scare

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I’ve read about this happening once or twice with anarchists who get beat up pretty bad but refuse to engage with the police

This literally happened at the attempted murder trial I was on the jury for in 2015 (or 2014, forget). The victim (who was shot in the leg) didn't want to testify, because he reasonably wanted nothing to do with the justice system. I think he was somehow forced to? Forget the details there. I remember the defense attorney mentioned being approached privately by the victim, who didn't want to press charges. He was very obviously not happy to be there.

If you're wondering about my decision - I ended up not having to make one, because I was selected as an alternate immediately before deliberations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

This literally happened at the attempted murder trial I was on the jury for in 2015 (or 2014, forget). The victim (who was shot in the leg) didn't want to testify, because he reasonably wanted nothing to do with the justice system. I think he was somehow forced to? Forget the details there. I remember the defense attorney mentioned being approached privately by the victim, who didn't want to press charges. He was very obviously not happy to be there.

If you're wondering about my decision - I ended up not having to make one, because I was selected as an alternate immediately before deliberations.

Yeah the whole thing about pressing charges is a Hollywood thing, victims don’t get to make that choice, but depending on a number of different things, like an uncooperative victim who won’t identify their assailant, the prosecutor often won’t bother, mainly because they’re all about the easy cases that juice their conviction stats, and the high profile cases that get them positive media

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://x.com/deep_beige/status/1752150321168552258

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

what will blowback do when they run out of USA foreign policy and wars that ended up having terrible terrible consequences?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Yeah the whole thing about pressing charges is a Hollywood thing, victims don’t get to make that choice, but depending on a number of different things, like an uncooperative victim who won’t identify their assailant, the prosecutor often won’t bother, mainly because they’re all about the easy cases that juice their conviction stats, and the high profile cases that get them positive media

There are also cases like what happened here in Minneapolis a few months back when a queer punk house show was shot up by two dudes and the cops were like "we can't do anything none of these anarchists will cooperate with us" and my friends that were there were said they only talked to like one person.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

what will blowback do when they run out of USA foreign policy and wars that ended up having terrible terrible consequences?

Blowback Season 17: Barbary

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Excellent

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Hell yeah, let’s loving go

Dimebags Brain posted:

There are also cases like what happened here in Minneapolis a few months back when a queer punk house show was shot up by two dudes and the cops were like "we can't do anything none of these anarchists will cooperate with us" and my friends that were there were said they only talked to like one person.

Yeah that happens too. Our system is just a brilliant beautiful machine with a billion failure points if your goal is something approximating justice

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Trabisnikof posted:

worry not, there';s approximately 500 seasons available

brainstorming blowback ideas: American genocide of: indigenous peoples, indigenous peopls 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, yemen 1.0 2.0 3.0, syria, liberia 1.0 2.0, nicaruaga, columbia, mexico, guatamala, chile, peru, cambodia, east timor, laos, donbass, iraq prequel, inuits, indonesia, phillipines, haiti 1.0 2.0 3.0, panama, honduras, dominican, palestine 1.0 2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 7.0, bolivia, angola, russia, ethiopia, yugo

Xaris has issued a correction as of 04:23 on Jan 30, 2024

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Trabisnikof posted:

lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
looking forward to blowback season 200: ukraine, followed by blowback season 201: yemen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

that trailer is excellent, holy smokes.

as an aside, i bought s4 of blowback on google podcasts and now i can't migrate the premium seasons 1-4 over to my new app. fuckin' google, you assholes getting rid of the poo poo!