Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Lmao always love your photoshop edits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Strong Sauce posted:

Lmao always love your photoshop edits.

Goddammit now I see Loss

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

tek79 posted:

So being found liable for sexual assault by a jury in a civil case means you're totally innocent because reasons?

I am sure they have the exact same opinion towards OJ Simpson

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

TremorX posted:

Goddammit now I see Loss

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:hmbol:

:lol:

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

:mods:
Help I'm frightened. Please turn off the scary

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

What did you change? :confused:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

maybe this was all hashed out 100 pages ago, but are people assuming the answer to the facebook boomer's question is no?

seems pretty obvious the most likely answer if texas secedes is yes, they will still get their social security. because they will lose the civil war and remain US citizens and continue getting their earned benefit. and even in the 1% or whatever chance they secede and don't get forced back into the union, then it's a negotiated breakup, but you'd have to assume that they somehow won a legal or military victory/stalemate to wind up in that outlandish outcome, so favorable or at least fair terms for how to split social security (as well as all other government assets and liabilities) is plausible. of course, the new texas government might immediately cancel the program for people under the age of 50 or something, but they'd never take it away from boomers who would continue to be the core power base of the christofascist texan government.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
These fuckers in poo poo states threatening to secede makes me lol because it reminds me of when I was a kid mad about something and threatened to run away from home

Dad just said “OK, make sure to say goodbye to Mom” and went back to his newspaper

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

During the civil war it was the contention of the union that the states hadn’t actually seceded, and it was only rebels within those states that were fighting, so in theory yes they would get them, at some point, but probably not during the secession period if the president invoked war powers.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Oh Zuul is back in the Ghostbusters remake?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

if they lose the civil war then they won't have seceded so the question is moot.

if they win the civil war then the answer is no because the federal government will no longer be forcing the state government to provide it. what's the population of texas gonna do? vote for a new government? become refugees? lmao.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcvJ8nzxH8c

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Took me a moment to spot the fake

the background is obv a greenscreen

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I think we should have a trial separation. Just go ahead and cut off federal programs and set up checkpoints at the US/Texas border. Maybe they can ask Mexico for foreign aid.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Frank Frank posted:

There was a guy who used to do this on my college campus eons ago when I was in school. He’d dress up in his Sunday best and preach/scream at kids on weekends. Everyone got sick of him. Some stoners got in trouble for incorporating him into their frisbee golf games and eventually he was chased off campus by a bunch of LARPers who had sword duels staged around the guy’s pulpit to the point where he got annoyed at people speaking to him in-character and stopped showing up.

In 1992 that guy had his own usenet group, alt.brother-jed now his obit is on wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brother_Jed

I miss that guy. He was a hoot.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Hahahahaha, this is loving awesome.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

MrQwerty posted:

That's...
How court and the legal system works
To be fair, the only mentor Alina Habba had was Boston Legal on the telly....

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

First of May posted:

I think we should have a trial separation. Just go ahead and cut off federal programs and set up checkpoints at the US/Texas border. Maybe they can ask Mexico for foreign aid.

Texas would immediately sell itself off to a rival nation and agree to point their nuclear weapons at the United States. We’d be in an eternal Cuban Missile Crisis until someone flinches and we all come to a mercifully irradiated end.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The more republicans have to explain the "not criminally convicted of rape" t-shirt, the better.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Cable Guy posted:

No way, Crane Poole and Schmidt would've taught her better.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

:habba:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Cat Hassler posted:

These fuckers in poo poo states threatening to secede makes me lol because it reminds me of when I was a kid mad about something and threatened to run away from home

Dad just said “OK, make sure to say goodbye to Mom” and went back to his newspaper

My mum’s line was “ok, would you like me to make you a sandwich to take with you?”.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Denny Crane!

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

NFL really poo poo the bed with this years script, didn't anyone think it might be a bad idea to have BOTH Superbowl teams have the same red and white uniforms???

The 48ers are scarlet, you skallywag

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1751947223087169826?s=20

TheKub
May 11, 2006

:lol:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Cable Guy posted:

I dont want to hear any poo poo about Boston Legal

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Does campaign finance stuff get independently audited, as it's not like trump doesn't run dodgy books as much as he can.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It will be $0. Trump only hires lawyers that only get paid when he wins.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Spent, or owe? Because yeah, I could easily believe they've actually spent relatively little.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Spent, or owe? Because yeah, I could easily believe they've actually spent relatively little.

According to LegalEagle when he was talking about trumps different legal representatives, apparently he has about three decent ones which he had to pay quite a bit in advance for. For the trash that make up most of his legal representation who knows which of them were smart enough to ask for cash in advance.

Certainly not Giuliani, lol.

Edit: although can't remember which cases the decent ones were working on, so not sure if it was trump org., trump, or his campaign paying for them.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jan 30, 2024

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Wingnut Ninja posted:

trump doesn't seem to mind paying his bills when he can do it with other people's money. habba has been paid $3.5m from his PAC ... so far.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

lol. Got his friends to pay 3.5 million for lovely legal work and end up paying $83.3 million cause he can't keep his mouth loving shut? Art of the Deal.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Budzilla posted:

lol. Got his friends to pay 3.5 million for lovely legal work and end up paying $83.3 million cause he can't keep his mouth loving shut? Art of the Deal.

1. You pay $84 million every time I call E. Jean Caroll a crazy whore.
2. I keep calling E. Jean Caroll a crazy whore.
3. I never pay anything.
4. gently caress you.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Harry_Potato posted:

In 1992 that guy had his own usenet group, alt.brother-jed now his obit is on wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brother_Jed

I miss that guy. He was a hoot.

That biography section is a hell of a ride.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

You beat me to it.
They killed it off too early and let Grays Anatomy go on wayyyy too long (like last the 2nd season).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

maybe this was all hashed out 100 pages ago, but are people assuming the answer to the facebook boomer's question is no?

seems pretty obvious the most likely answer if texas secedes is yes, they will still get their social security. because they will lose the civil war and remain US citizens and continue getting their earned benefit. and even in the 1% or whatever chance they secede and don't get forced back into the union, then it's a negotiated breakup, but you'd have to assume that they somehow won a legal or military victory/stalemate to wind up in that outlandish outcome, so favorable or at least fair terms for how to split social security (as well as all other government assets and liabilities) is plausible. of course, the new texas government might immediately cancel the program for people under the age of 50 or something, but they'd never take it away from boomers who would continue to be the core power base of the christofascist texan government.

nah you're wrong, you can't collect social security if you've been killed by a drone strike