Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is Nicki ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Is Nicki ok?

She hasn’t been OK ever since she threatened Hannah Montana.

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011

I feel Nicki is mocking the song getting popular and her being mentioned, which might be the most rational thing she's done in the last 4 days (this isn't saying much)

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Here is Ben’s fire rap

guess I'll recognize someone in xxl freshman class this year

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Incorrect Username posted:

I feel Nicki is mocking the song getting popular and her being mentioned, which might be the most rational thing she's done in the last 4 days (this isn't saying much)

She is not

https://twitter.com/popbase/status/1751300368146088201?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

Incorrect Username
Feb 21, 2011
oh lmao, i stand corrected. tom mcdonald is probably fuming he wasn't mentioned

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

thathonkey posted:

thanks for this link

yw. I absolutely love this mixtape and it's better to read the lyrics while listening.

She's oldhead.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__VkyJWH5ak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCNsx_NyNOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The best Ben Shapiro take I’ve seen is that he went to #1 on iTunes with absolute rear end bars, so don’t be afraid to release your art. Your music, your lyrics, your paintings, photographs, poetry, whatever, they are better than Ben Shapiros #1 on iTunes bars. :unsmith:

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
He gon be spitting Appalachian bars next

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the one thread where youd think it would be safe from having to hear about ben shapiro has been compromised

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
So just Tom Macdonald posts are okay?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Beve Stuscemi posted:

The best Ben Shapiro take I’ve seen is that he went to #1 on iTunes with absolute rear end bars, so don’t be afraid to release your art. Your music, your lyrics, your paintings, photographs, poetry, whatever, they are better than Ben Shapiros #1 on iTunes bars. :unsmith:
On the other hand do not subject the world to your bullshit just cuz you cleared the bar of being better than Ben Shapiro

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

If Ice JJ Fish can drop an album, I can too

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Stuff like that gets to #1 on iTunes because there is a sizable group of people whose consumer choices are entirely based on whether they are theoretically owning libs or not (among other likely artificial boosting measures).

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Also, it’s number one on iTunes sales. Not actual streaming charts. How many sales is that? 6?

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Yeah iTunes sales charts have always been a little soft compared to other charts, but especially now.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Ben Shapiro on the phone with Apple telling them to upgrade their servers as too many people are buying it. #sufferingfromsuccess

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Cobra Commander posted:

Ben Shapiro on the phone with Apple telling them to upgrade their servers as too many people are buying it. #sufferingfromsuccess

I would almost hand it to Ben if he re-made DJ Khaled instagram posts and snapchats.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
I didn't think that as soon as early 2024 I'd see Nicki Minaj lose by own-goal in a fight with someone who started out as a gimmick. A fight that she may well have either begun herself or imagined entirely.

Maybe some time, some year. But not the start of 2024.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Boywhiz88 posted:

I would almost hand it to Ben if he re-made DJ Khaled instagram posts and snapchats.

The jet ski one but he really gets lost at sea

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bright Bart posted:

I didn't think that as soon as early 2024 I'd see Nicki Minaj lose by own-goal in a fight with someone who started out as a gimmick. A fight that she may well have either begun herself or imagined entirely.

Maybe some time, some year. But not the start of 2024.

It was a long time coming.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i completely disagree i think eventual nicki minaj meltdown was basically a bingo free square

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

That new Ice Spice song is terrible. The hook is the worst thing about it. Fart.

Apparently Megan’s deceased mother’s gravesite has been “leaked” and posted on the web for Niki’s followers. People that are willing to do fuckery for a celebrity they’ve never met is weird as hell to me.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

obi_ant posted:

That new Ice Spice song is terrible. The hook is the worst thing about it. Fart.

Apparently Megan’s deceased mother’s gravesite has been “leaked” and posted on the web for Niki’s followers. People that are willing to do fuckery for a celebrity they’ve never met is weird as hell to me.

I BE GOIN HARD

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

ice spice has been firmly in the "idgi but im probably just old" bucket for me since munch idk i think she stinks and ill never listen to her but who am i to argue with how popular she is

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
she had a couple of features i didn't hate.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Crumbletron posted:

The jet ski one but he really gets lost at sea

I'd be OK with that lol. That was such a wild rear end day.

40 lbs to freedom posted:

ice spice has been firmly in the "idgi but im probably just old" bucket for me since munch idk i think she stinks and ill never listen to her but who am i to argue with how popular she is

it's her rear end, bro. she's got some good beats and hooks here and there. but who are we kidding, there is major sex appeal in play.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

40 lbs to freedom posted:

my dude

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Boywhiz88 posted:

it's her rear end, bro. she's got some good beats and hooks here and there. but who are we kidding, there is major sex appeal in play.

my dude

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
She makes fun party music

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Kanye revealed the track list and features for his album and after all that crying, dick riding and justifying meeting Kanye, jpegmafia is still not on the album and Freddie Gibbs is. Lol

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Did you miss that it's three volumes now

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

i love it when my albums have patch notes

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Kanye revealed the track list and features for his album and after all that crying, dick riding and justifying meeting Kanye, jpegmafia is still not on the album and Freddie Gibbs is. Lol

not the first time that guy showed his whole rear end in a top hat

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

In the hook for Fart when she says “400 bands to do my lil dance,” she isn’t talking choreography.

I think it’s something that should be acknowledged as well. A lot of modern female rappers are styled and presented in a way that appeals to the male gaze. There’s no lady with her eye shot out like Bushwick Bill reaching the top 100 in rap. Hell, in my lifetime it’s been that.

I don’t think we can argue that any number of talented artists are passed over because they don’t “look right,” men or women. But guys get more leniency or a pass. Would Munch have been as big if it didn’t have that video? If Ice Spice stayed in baggier clothes rather than tight ones.

There’s objectification of women in rap, and it doesn’t stop when it’s a woman rapping.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

In the hook for Fart when she says “400 bands to do my lil dance,” she isn’t talking choreography.

I think it’s something that should be acknowledged as well. A lot of modern female rappers are styled and presented in a way that appeals to the male gaze. There’s no lady with her eye shot out like Bushwick Bill reaching the top 100 in rap. Hell, in my lifetime it’s been that.

I don’t think we can argue that any number of talented artists are passed over because they don’t “look right,” men or women. But guys get more leniency or a pass. Would Munch have been as big if it didn’t have that video? If Ice Spice stayed in baggier clothes rather than tight ones.

There’s objectification of women in rap, and it doesn’t stop when it’s a woman rapping.

She makes fun party music it’s not that deep

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Did you miss that it's three volumes now

And none will drop

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://youtu.be/iuMaXDWToas?si=kZUOnImctucH3LUX

Tracklist trailer for new Q album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU