Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I assume the Brain Chip is shaped like the yoke for a future themed jetboat in the Wisconsin Dells in 1988 run by a notorious felon who chainsmokes Camels and openly leers at your 13 year old sister, and replacement "square" chips are 18 months out due to how smart yoke shaped chips were even if you idiots don't get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Brain chips allowed as a student when taking tests? Considered cheating? Would the teacher tell the students to turn off their brain chips before the test? How would one know? Brain scans before tests? Crazy stuff coming in the future.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Downloading the FSD alpha for my Neuralink, should be epic and ftw.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm sure Elon's descriptions of what Neuralink can do are just as accurate as his descriptions of what Autopile could do in 2012 or whenever.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Congratulations on being the first volunteer, 16 bit butthead!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The man who is fat rolling in the 5th Dark Souls game will surely make the best Brain Chip

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
getting the brain chip but the company goes out of business meaning i can no longer download the firmware updates like those unfortunate people with the eye implants

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
wow sad. you won't get the fart update

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

is the first human recipient cowering in their cage from the doctors yet?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Recommended
12 hours on record
Posted January, 2028
While some haters say the Brain Chip should not crash every 12 hours, after having mine installed I think the crashes are actually a benefit because it means the fan made community patch that restores speech will be able to flex and shape the future of this product. Even if woke politics meant they could not bring the beautiful vision to us despite his brave and glorious efforts, the true believers who are ready to let society gain future enlightenment thanks to Elon Musk know success when they see it. Genius level thinking takes time, and the constant criticism of people smarter than you is pure jealousy

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Ether Frenzy posted:

Recommended
12 hours on record
Posted January, 2028
While some haters say the Brain Chip should not crash every 12 hours, after having mine installed I think the crashes are actually a benefit because it means the fan made community patch that restores speech will be able to flex and shape the future of this product. Even if woke politics meant they could not bring the beautiful vision to us despite his brave and glorious efforts, the true believers who are ready to let society gain future enlightenment thanks to Elon Musk know success when they see it. Genius level thinking takes time, and the constant criticism of people smarter than you is pure jealousy

Elon’s right.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

He invented ChatGPT but your brain is the computer. That's loving crazy man

gregday
May 23, 2003

love the brain tho

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
the brain chip can also function as a welding mask, for short periods of time

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
stavvy should rebrand as Mr. Breast

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
elon should install a neurolink so he can post on X even faster

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

xerxus posted:

elon should install a neurolink so he can post on X even faster

he will post faster than anyone ever has, faster than anyone could ever read or reply to, becoming... unratioable

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Mother of God

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1752192980692201693

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

He's right. Mental health is loving stupid

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

isn't psychoanalysis the quack branch of mental health

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Rubellavator posted:

isn't psychoanalysis the quack branch of mental health

So few understand this

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/MikeIrvo/status/1752123455125016839

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Lol, it's like these idiots don't even know you can just make your own Ouija and just talk it all out with what ever answers.

Like poo poo, people actually pay for therapy???

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

DarkDobe posted:

https://www.mysanantonio.com/business/article/tesla-workers-sleep-at-gigafactory-austin-18629731.php

Here we go again

Elon Musk declares Tesla engineers will sleep on Texas production line
'Half asleep engineers working on vehicles sounds like a recipe for success.'

you probably think he should do something stupid like hire more people. well that would not be very ftw

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

explains alot

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

please put Elon Musk never went to therapy on my funerary urn

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Can I play Doom on the neuralink

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Initial results show the test subject waking up screaming, tearing a screw from his bed and forcing it through the implant. We call this a promising neuron spike.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol the news is just repeating Elon on this

You'd think the news would need some sort of proof from the guy that's always lying but I guess not

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

“Neuron spikes” is just another term for electrical activity. Neurons send signals via neurotransmitter triggered/mediated action potentials. This has been known for over a century. The first EEG was invented in 1929, and doesn’t even require a wire in the brain!

Putting a device in the brain to alter how these signals are sent has existed in some form or fashion since the 1940s. The first deep brain stimulator (DBS) was successfully installed in 1987. We know how to send signals that mediate the movement disorders associated with not just Parkinson’s and related things, but cerebellar infarcts as well. Neurostim devices are used in pain management to block the transmission of pain signals.

This is such a well understood and old technology that ENTs can install these. This is decades old technology that Elon is aping with the promise of insane applications that are not feasible. Any other CEO making these kinds of claims would be run out on a rail just because of the potential liability it’d open them to.

Using this technology as we understand it to restore function to a limb is a pipe dream. It is not possible at the neuro cellular level. Promising this is cruelty.

My buddy went to MAPS (big annual conference in psychedelics) in Denver this year and it’s nothing but vendors now. One of the companies was promising that using the neuroregenerative abilities of psilocybin were going to get people walking again after traumatic spinal cord injuries. My buddy went to their lecture and it was nothing but people who’d suffered severe spinal or cerebrovascular infarcts just desperate for a miracle. He said it was the most depressing thing hed ever seen.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

FizFashizzle posted:

Elon is aping

:sickos:

Mynameismud
Jul 12, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

“Neuron spikes” is just another term for electrical activity. Neurons send signals via neurotransmitter triggered/mediated action potentials. This has been known for over a century. The first EEG was invented in 1929, and doesn’t even require a wire in the brain!

Putting a device in the brain to alter how these signals are sent has existed in some form or fashion since the 1940s. The first deep brain stimulator (DBS) was successfully installed in 1987. We know how to send signals that mediate the movement disorders associated with not just Parkinson’s and related things, but cerebellar infarcts as well. Neurostim devices are used in pain management to block the transmission of pain signals.

This is such a well understood and old technology that ENTs can install these. This is decades old technology that Elon is aping with the promise of insane applications that are not feasible. Any other CEO making these kinds of claims would be run out on a rail just because of the potential liability it’d open them to.

Using this technology as we understand it to restore function to a limb is a pipe dream. It is not possible at the neuro cellular level. Promising this is cruelty.

My buddy went to MAPS (big annual conference in psychedelics) in Denver this year and it’s nothing but vendors now. One of the companies was promising that using the neuroregenerative abilities of psilocybin were going to get people walking again after traumatic spinal cord injuries. My buddy went to their lecture and it was nothing but people who’d suffered severe spinal or cerebrovascular infarcts just desperate for a miracle. He said it was the most depressing thing hed ever seen.

They got a man walking again with brain and spinal implants.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-65689580

I don't think it can work without the spinal implants.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/SusieUndertale/status/1752062008093282543?t=G_fZjQ_ee_yv1jLsceQSng&s=19

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

behold, the woke mob

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
we put a webcam in a guy's eye socket and the initial results are "promising"

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Oh so he's just Big Head from Silicon Valley now. Zero difference.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

a nice start to the day

$186.11
-10.45%
-21.72 Today

Just a reminder, one year ago it was $100/share. Even with this drop that's crazy returns if you bought the dip.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
imagine if steven hawking could communicate as fast as he could think. no filter. just every idea pouring directly out into a word document. that would be a good thing, right? obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

frantically training my internal monologue to talk like "as per my previous email, i regret to inform you that" so my intrusive thoughts don't get me fired at my email job