Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

King

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

From all reports McDevitt just wanted to retire and didn't fall out of favor but the timing is curious. It does make one wonder if Vince told him he was gonna ignore the NDA and McDevitt just kinda of shrugged and wanted out

The MLW case wasn't really a loss as it was more TKO/WWE wanting it to go away cause they have bigger lawsuits to worry about that they can't settle. Though again, the timing is curious as everyone thought it was about the Cung Le suit but what if it's also cause of this as well

I'm probably being cynical here but I think the timing of his retirement was him seeing the writing on the wall and wanting to distance as much as possible as quickly as possible.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I'm probably being cynical here but I think the timing of his retirement was him seeing the writing on the wall and wanting to distance as much as possible as quickly as possible.

He is also in his early 70s and unlike Vince maybe he actually wants to retire in happiness than try to work until he dies

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GoutPatrol posted:

He is also in his early 70s and unlike Vince maybe he actually wants to retire in happiness than try to work until he dies

I don't think he's retired. He's just not representing WWE anymore.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
McDevitt did a newspaper interview saying he was winding down towards retirement in January 2022

quote:

WWE is a major client, but I have other clients. I also represented Dr. Cyril Wecht. I’ll be 72 in January, so I’ve been trying to turn it down a little bit as I’m headed into retirement. But because of my longstanding relationship with WWE, I continue to represent them, although I keep telling Vince I do want to retire.

And then last summer he stepped away from the MLW lawsuit citing that he wanted to retire soon, and "wrap things up in 2023".

quote:

It became obvious that the case would run into at least 2025 in all probability, I advised my client that I would be wrapping things up by year-end and that it would make sense for them to secure counsel who can go the distance on the case now that discovery will be starting. There is also the chance that I might be a witness given the allegations. I will be 74 this January and it just seems like the right time to make necessary transitions.

It is always possible, as in all things, that people are lying but if this is all a big lie about why he stepped away from cases, it would have been him trying to nope out from this a little over two years ago.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:sickos:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
jungle boy saying its real glass was him leaking punks medical records

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
e: wrong thread

UnleashedDad fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 29, 2024

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

hahahaha

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

New slop!

On the road the WCW Great American Bash! The main event features Scott Hall and Kevin Nash vs Rowdy Roddy Piper and Ric Flair! Before going into this match there was supposed confusion on what was going to happen! This led to a huge fight backstage after the show was off air. Both Kevin Nash and Roddy Piper were allegedly upset which led to a big brawl. Depending on who tells the story, the outcome was different. Also, WCW was winning the Monday Night War and this show tells us why. Tons of great matches including, a lucha libre rules tag match, Hollywood Hogan vs Lex Luger, and even Akira Hokuto wrestlers. They were on fire. Plus, in the main event The Outsiders vs Piper and Flair that leads to a huge brawl with the entire locker room fighting it out. It’s anarchy….and that it’s we’re all out of time!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

All 3 boys are back in town :toot:

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
Featuring Hogan dropping 800 legs on Luger

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

lmao

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Incessant Excess posted:

Cry me a river (because turn biceps hurt, and recovery is a pain)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
A new force in wrestling podcasts has arrived!

https://twitter.com/WrestlingHaus/status/1752079837097869720

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is this a Matt Koon joint?

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

Lmao

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Bad time to start a patreon project when your only source in the business is gonna be sitting on the couch watching The Price is Right reruns for the next 6 to 9 months.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

Bad time to start a patreon project when your only source in the business is gonna be sitting on the couch watching The Price is Right reruns for the next 6 to 9 months.

Whose medical bills do you think this goes to?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Incessant Excess posted:

My God :lol:

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Incessant Excess posted:

hahahahahaha beautiful

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is this a Matt Koon joint?

That would be so sick.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

to all my hog dippers, the deadies are open

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeRewOySacu5krE-MR3JuZdbvfVR7mZer5qPAFlvhKeYd1W0Q/viewform

hard question

Best DEADLOCK Podcast Moment of the Year
LowTierMeltzer
The Board Game Segment
An old, old Thanksgiving
James tries to get his PC fixed
Jimmy Shnuka Twonior
Kane is Steve
Macho Man at the Slammy's
DEADLOCK in Japan

Leaning towards james and his pc, those stores got me good. I dont even remember lowtiermeltzer unless it was "go the the beach, immediately!"

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

I dont even remember lowtiermeltzer unless it was "go the the beach, immediately!"

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Suplex Liberace posted:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeRewOySacu5krE-MR3JuZdbvfVR7mZer5qPAFlvhKeYd1W0Q/viewform

hard question

LowTierMeltzer
The Board Game Segment
An old, old Thanksgiving
Jimmy Shnuka Twonior
Kane is Steve
DEADLOCK in Japan

Leaning towards james and his pc, those stores got me good. I dont even remember lowtiermeltzer unless it was "go the the beach, immediately!"

I had to go with the board game segment, there was just too much gold, pretty pretty princess, table top, shoot and ladder your way to hell brother, JAMES YOU GOT ME IN TROUBLE

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 30, 2024

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Voted James' PC saga because god drat those updates made me laugh my rear end off on my commute home.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Incessant Excess posted:

:wow:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I had to go with the board game segment, there was just too much gold, pretty pretty princess, table top, shoot and ladder your way to hell brother, JAMES YOU GOT ME IN TROUBLE

I feel that the top 5 fast foods was also up there

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
what was really hard was picking which UFC for best SGH

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Listening to Vinny's solo show and he keeps thumping (and peaking) the mic and finally thumps it so loud that the last 9 minutes is just silence :shrug:

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Suplex Liberace posted:

hard question

LowTierMeltzer
The Board Game Segment
An old, old Thanksgiving
Jimmy Shnuka Twonior
Kane is Steve
DEADLOCK in Japan

I had to go with Kane is Steve. SEAAAAAAN all you had to do was show up at call time. They're not gonna let me be green now.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

James trying to get his PC fixed was so funny. He was being punked, like that show punked!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm shocked they don't have any of the Jesse Ventura bits on there.

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love
I had to go with the James' PC saga, it's what got me from skipping everything up to review to laughing my rear end of at Dick THE COCK.....Johnsonnnnnn multiple times every week

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I want a full length series of James Attempts Local Commerce, starring the pc shop, the 6 year old uHaul manager, and the meat van guy

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
What's the James PC thing from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The D in Detroit posted:

What's the James PC thing from?

episode 194, but here it is timestamped in a highlights video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzO9uIafxVc&t=1406s