Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

xtothez posted:

I was told 2pm today, the balance data's late

I figured it'd be posted on thursday, because looking back that was the day when the last two ones were posted as well. But we'll see since there's usually something posted around 4pm too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

thebardyspoon posted:

In the discord I'm in, someone posted what they said was the dataslate, opening it up, it was just a picture of Lore from TNG. People are very upset with the person who posted that.

lmao

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

In the discord I'm in, someone posted what they said was the dataslate, opening it up, it was just a picture of Lore from TNG. People are very upset with the person who posted that.

Incredibly nerdy, kudos to them.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Got the links from my FLGS Discord: Dataslate and Points

Points show whether they've gone up or down, which is nice. Not much changes for me, some Space Marine changes, one Grey Knight point increase for... reasons? But at least Dreadknights got a little glowup, though I'm not sure it's going to help them that much.

rantmo fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 30, 2024

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad
the only data slate difference for Astra Militarum:

Officers can issue orders when they disembark from vehicles or at the end of the phase when they're set up on the board (so out of deep strike) - not bad

And they increased the cost of a Manticore by 30 points.

Not exactly what I was hoping for!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Tangy Zizzle posted:

Officers can issue orders when they disembark from vehicles or at the end of the phase when they're set up on the board (so out of deep strike) - not bad
A win for the colonel commissar.

Tangy Zizzle posted:

lol, so when are the basilisks coming back in stock?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Can't believe they actually buffed the dreadknights lmao

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

drat my 1000 point CSM list is now 1050. Probably for the best, Chosen were way undercosted

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Some interesting changes. Imperial Guard officers can now issue Orders at the end of their movement phase if they disembarked from a transport!

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Tangy Zizzle posted:

the only data slate difference for Astra Militarum:

Not exactly what I was hoping for!

It is going to be a long 5 years for the next Codex

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Oh hey Custodes can roll saves on devastating wounds again, neat.

Also points reduction on guards, wardens, terminators, and jet bikes, which sounds alright.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Angry Lobster posted:

Can't believe they actually buffed the dreadknights lmao

I don't know if it's enough but it's nice that they were thinking of us, kinda. Sons of Sanguinius got a little boost with +2 Strength and +1 Attacks on a charge, though I don't know if that's enough and Mephiston still can't lead Bladeguard Vets which is dumb.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

rantmo posted:

I don't know if it's enough but it's nice that they were thinking of us, kinda. Sons of Sanguinius got a little boost with +2 Strength and +1 Attacks on a charge, though I don't know if that's enough and Mephiston still can't lead Bladeguard Vets which is dumb.

As a Blood Angels player I say :black101::black101::black101::black101::black101::black101::black101::black101::black101::black101:

(Is it enough? Not sure. Do I really care? :black101:)

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad

Crazy Ferret posted:

It is going to be a long 5 years for the next Codex

my boys will do what they do best, die enmasse,

and they'll like it

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/YM94ReD2i0ka88QU.pdf

They snuck in a new detachment for Dark Eldar too.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Basic Plague Marines are up in cost, which is weird because they are so borked. After the nerf it felt they were meant to be semi-horde, now that is apparently no longer the case.

Plagueburst Crawler and nurglings also up.

And goodbye, WE daemon prince giving a 4++ to all foot infantry!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Dark angels went down a bit so thats nice. interestingly the deathwing command squad too which iirc isnt in the new codex?

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

Dark angels went down a bit so thats nice. interestingly the deathwing command squad too which iirc isnt in the new codex?

The Metawatch article notes there will be another DA points adjustment when the codex is actually widely released.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
thank you!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
For one thing Companions probably need to have a points cost, along with enhancements for the new detachments and the removal of Deathwing Command.

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker
Custodes gaining resistance to Devastating Wounds is good, but I'm disappointed when they are balanced by making them cheaper. They're supposed to be expensive elite units! Although I understand that GW may be reluctant to fiddle with the datasheets, and there's a codex coming this year anyway.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Codex coming in the next few months, and it's only like 10 points less for two of the units.

The bigger change is the 40 point drop for the jet bike shield captain, who was really dang expensive when shield captains are already like 1/2 of the points of the squad they're in.

In total if you look at it, custodes got a 5 point reduction per model.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

When do dataslate changes get uploaded to the army builder?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Super Waffle posted:

When do dataslate changes get uploaded to the army builder?

Which one? The 40k App is updated already, Newrecruit and the like will probably be a day or two.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Skimming through the Drukhari detachment, I realized they just need to directly port over the rules from the Kharadron Overlords for the codex. Let the Hellions skitch along with boats that start moving near them. They do have a "Disembark & Charge" strat, but they could have "after a boat charges a unit, disembark everything & they automatically count as having charged the same unit." And having a system to customize upgrades for the boats, even if there wasn't a ton of options, opens up ways to specialize your army in different ways without making more units

Desfore fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 30, 2024

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

rantmo posted:

Which one? The 40k App is updated already, Newrecruit and the like will probably be a day or two.

Oh snap, didn't realize I had to manually update. And now I see there's a bunch of quality of life features I didn't know had been added!

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker

Lostconfused posted:

Codex coming in the next few months, and it's only like 10 points less for two of the units.

The bigger change is the 40 point drop for the jet bike shield captain, who was really dang expensive when shield captains are already like 1/2 of the points of the squad they're in.

In total if you look at it, custodes got a 5 point reduction per model.

Yeah, it's more of a principled opposition. I suppose I can afford another unit of redshirts now.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Custodes are now equal to 8 guardsmen rounding up instead of 8 guardsmen rounding down.

They were however equal to 9 Catachan before, for games-workshop reasons which I would like to know about but don't.

Lostconfused fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 30, 2024

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Watching the video about the Chaos Demon changes, the designer just talks about reducing the point cost for the smaller demons, to entice people away from just running Be'Lakor & Greater Demon lists. Didn't mention anything about adding a rule to force people into taking smaller demons to open up slots for the bigger demons:

‘In addition, for each of the following keywords, the number of non-Battleline units with that keyword you include in this way cannot be greater than then umber of Battleline units with that keyword you include in this way:
■ Khorne
■ Tzeentch
■ Nurgle
■ Slaanesh’

edit: I'm an idiot, this is a modifier to the Chaos faction Ally rule demons have, stopping Chaos Marines from spamming dozens of Flamers. If it only applies in that context, not bad at all!

Desfore fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 30, 2024

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Thank you very much for the 55pt cut to my favourite beastie. It's tttime for tttriple tttyrannofex!

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Desfore posted:

Skimming through the Drukhari detachment, I realized they just need to directly port over the rules from the Kharadron Overlords for the codex. Let the Hellions skitch along with boats that start moving near them. They do have a "Disembark & Charge" strat, but they could have "after a boat charges a unit, disembark everything & they automatically count as having charged the same unit." And having a system to customize upgrades for the boats, even if there wasn't a ton of options, opens up ways to specialize your army in different ways without making more units

Been saying for a while how much Orks and Drukhari would benefit from some of the stuff the kharadron skyboats get.

poop chute
Nov 16, 2023

by Athanatos

Eej posted:

-signed, a Chessex executive

You seen those cubes of d6s? Big Die definitely wants 40k to stay on the d6. Follow the money, cui bono.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

thebardyspoon posted:

lol

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Man, I was really liking my world eaters! Hope they're not going to feel a lot worse, but we shall see.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

If I drop all my enhancements I can get my same list down to 995 points, so I'll say I came out alright.

I'm looking at adding a Kratos for my 1500 point list, seeing as I just play casual. Are they any good for 235 points, or would I be better off with something else?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
New Drukhari detachment is bonkers. They're gonna be really good into most armies and then completely fall apart against armies that can blank significant amounts of their go turns, like Custodes just did to Skari.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

As a Eldar and CSM player I guess I'll just lay down and die.

Seriously though:

CSM nerfs feel way heavy handed. They weren't super out of bounds, there were just a couple of things that needed adjusting. All of the problem units got double tapped with both rule nerfs and point hikes. The CSM units that weren't great to begin with are also collateral damage in a lot of these nerfs.

Demon allies being basically removed except for nurglings is super annoying to a lot of people who invested in them.

The Eldar nerfs make sense but fate dice being cut by 50!!! percent just makes me ever more nostalgic for the far superior, way more fun 9th edition implementation of fate dice, which was actually fun and didn't make anyone angry. This implementation has just been poo poo from the start, both as far as fun and balance are concerned.

Geisladisk fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 30, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Eldar and CSM are going to be fine. Both armies have deep rosters they'll just load up on other good poo poo. Pour one out for WE though they got wrecked cause they have like 10 sheets.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

To be clear I'm not mad about the Eldar nerfs, they're good, I'm mad about 10th Ed fate dice being a poo poo mechanic that is worse in every way than it's 9th ed incarnation. It's so bad they've basically removed it from the game by now, because it's dumb and badly thought out and impossible to balance.

Give me the good and fun fate dice back :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Well the Guard might be forgotten by GW, but I just spent this month painting nothing but random Guard models.

First up a Military Police Investigator turned member of an Inquisitorial Retinue.

My character from an old Wrath & Glory campaign. The odd arm is a wraithbone prosthesis, didn't try to work in the mechanical one she got later on. Too much cutting involved I felt.

First time I had a chance to paint the new Cadians, this is just Minka Lesk with a headswap because I didn't like the default one.

Lastly a random trooper I knocked out in two days that I used as a test bed for a Vietnam Marine color scheme, which worked so and so due to the older models having too much body armor going on.