Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
It would seem the update is out. https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/patchnotes

The knight and nowhere to hide is back.

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Welcome back NTH and Knight. I did not miss the Knight being gone, tbh.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

New roadmap! Blight added to Killer Updates (NOT TWEAKS!) section! Genetic Limits, Adrenaline, This Is Not Happening, Distressing, added to perk updates! Haddonfield update!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So Blight's gonna be nerfed to poo poo, huh?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

New roadmap! Blight added to Killer Updates (NOT TWEAKS!) section! Genetic Limits, Adrenaline, This Is Not Happening, Distressing, added to perk updates! Haddonfield update!

Another haddonfield update? What's wrong with the current rework? The horrible 3 gens and the punishing main building?

Also please God don't tell me DS is being nerfed again, it's already so incredibly bad

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

We can only hope. Him and nurse are suffocating killer perk design, so many killer perks had/have to be neutered because they exist.

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 30, 2024

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

quote:

Players can no longer bypass the minimum and maximum FOV by editing the ini files.

Beautiful. Glad to see PTB is doing its job there though.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

God, I really hope so. He's one of maybe two or three killers I will just give up on playing against. He's so incredibly unfun to go against, especially if he has the bullshit addons, and he always does.

Among other things, they've changed the main menu UI for no reason. You have to click into a submenu to select killer or survivor now, and the bp bribe is on that sub menu. Also survivor names and prestiges in lobbies are extremely large, to the point of weird overlap happening.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I loving hope so. Even if they nerfed him to half his power he'd still be A tier.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Codes LIGHTSOUT for 150k bp and ALANWAKECHAPTER for 100k

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
The tricky thing with Blight (and to a lesser extent, Nurse) is that in the hands of someone that knows how to play them they are devastating no matter what perks or add ons you're using.

But...for the people that don't play Blight, he suuuuuuucks. Like genuinely sucks. Hitting his rushes is hard to do and you eventually end up just becoming a M1 killer with some additional mobility. So I'm sure the data they have shows he's not a "top tier" killer due to having a low kill rate overall.

This is where the "nerf pig" meme came from, the last time they showed kill rates she was #1 kill rate considering all players.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/dvveet/status/1752370126857318724?s=20

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

The tricky thing with Blight (and to a lesser extent, Nurse) is that in the hands of someone that knows how to play them they are devastating no matter what perks or add ons you're using.

But...for the people that don't play Blight, he suuuuuuucks. Like genuinely sucks. Hitting his rushes is hard to do and you eventually end up just becoming a M1 killer with some additional mobility. So I'm sure the data they have shows he's not a "top tier" killer due to having a low kill rate overall.

This is where the "nerf pig" meme came from, the last time they showed kill rates she was #1 kill rate considering all players.

I tried blight exactly once and found his rushes easy as hell. Easier to land than Nurse, for sure.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
HillBilly is now the absolute #1 tunnel king. Its very fun but man it must suck to play against.

Also an m1 killer with IMMENSE mobility is still really really good in this game because *gestures to the previous sentence*

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

FOV slider is excellent and should've been in the game a long time ago. Sadly doesn't fully help with my motion sickness on some killers (hag's gen damage animation is still incredibly bad for me) but it does help a bit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

I tried blight exactly once and found his rushes easy as hell. Easier to land than Nurse, for sure.

Whereas for me Nurse is easy mode.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

Whereas for me Nurse is easy mode.

I cannot get the muscle memory timing for the life of me, and get juked and mindgamed to hell and back. I tend to favor M1 killers in general though.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
every time I try blight I have to learn the difference between each and every individual chunk of debris and whether it counts as a "thing you'll slide on" or "thing you'll bounce on" and it is not consistent with any aspect of whatever the object is whatsoever

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, with Nurse at least if you miss you just go into her stun animation and try again. You make a wrong move with Blight and you end up careening off into the distance like a loving Wile E Coyote cartoon

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
But you absolutely cannot balance a killer for low tier play. That doesn't really make sense.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Nurse is more mechanically different and harder to grock at first since you don't have any options besides the special stuff, while you can still play Blight as a 115 M1 killer in between bounces to get you 'close enough' for a start.

But Nurse's blinks are way easier to get a functional level then Blight Bounces in even your average jungle gym or moderately-strong structure. Her ceiling is absolutely higher, but that's because of how strong Nurse's blinks are and how flexible they are as tools, giving you more decision points. For mechanical difficulty I'd say getting Blight from Rush as a travel power and occasionally strong against Survivors in the (relative) open to Rush as a truly intimidating chase power is way more involved.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I am absoolutely poo poo at hillbilly but it just doesn't matter when I cross map. As long as I get the first hook relatively quickly, its one of the eziest/tunneliest 4k's so far. People are upset in end game chat.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Where my YJ fans at? We're about to be eating good:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
BHVR trying to get me back in with Iron Maiden Doctor. :thunk:

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

quote:

Generators System Update
The 3-gen strategy (identifying the closest 3 Generators and defending only them) has become very strong, especially on certain Killers. This can lead to very long games and frustration. To help prevent such situations, the following now applies:

Each Generator can only suffer 8 regression events maximum.
After the max has been reached on a Generator, that Generator can no longer be regressed by the Killer (including kicks, Add-ons, and Perk-related regressions).

Perks Affected
Hex: Ruin
All Generators are affected by Hex: Ruin. While a Generator is not being repaired by a Survivor, it will immediately and automatically regress repair progress at 50%/75%/100% of the normal regression speed. (no longer deactivates when a Survivor is killed).

If I'm reading this right, in a game that has Ruin, Survivors can start the game by tapping a generator 8 times. This will cause 8 generator regression events on that generator, preventing Ruin from working and preventing the Killer from kicking that generator for the rest of the match. Is that how it's really going to work?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Lonjon posted:

If I'm reading this right, in a game that has Ruin, Survivors can start the game by tapping a generator 8 times. This will cause 8 generator regression events on that generator, preventing Ruin from working and preventing the Killer from kicking that generator for the rest of the match. Is that how it's really going to work?

IIRC a gen has to lose at least 2.5% at once to count as a regression event, so ruin is immune

E: oh wait, they deleted gen tapping, to stop regression you have to repair a gen for 5% now

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 30, 2024

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Lonjon posted:

Ruin does not count as a regression event.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lonjon posted:

They consider a regression event when a gen loses 5% or more in one action, so Ruin won't count. Looks like Overcharge and Eruption only count as one as well, despite there being the initial kick + perk proc.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
So uhhhh, ~15 games played on new billy, using only brown and yellow addons. Every game has been a wipe. Only one was close, only one completed all gens. Tunnel machine. Lethal pursuer and find a baby. Hook then pretend to leave only to overcharge back to the hook. It works just about every time. I keep waiting for it to not work, but you might want to bring anti-tunnel on survivor because oof.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Finally found a Blight I could loop and he ragequit after failing to hit me long enough for two pallet stuns and 1.5 gens to get done. I'm not even that good in a chase, dunno what their excuse was. He had Lethal and picked me as the first chase, presumably expecting easy prey.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kwolok posted:

So uhhhh, ~15 games played on new billy, using only brown and yellow addons. Every game has been a wipe. Only one was close, only one completed all gens. Tunnel machine. Lethal pursuer and find a baby. Hook then pretend to leave only to overcharge back to the hook. It works just about every time. I keep waiting for it to not work, but you might want to bring anti-tunnel on survivor because oof.

Doesn't matter what they change if people want to be assholes and tunnel they're going to be able to do it.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Medullah posted:

Doesn't matter what they change if people want to be assholes and tunnel they're going to be able to do it.

Yes but my point is, there may never have been a killer to do it like postbuff hillbilly.

For the record I did just lose, one of the survivors I was facing just started teleporting lol

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

50k bloodpoints key 3a87f3da-1ae2-4f09-9395-446ae972c90e

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Looks like it's only gonna run a week. :(

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Also no Lunar New Year Event? Seems odd since it’s not like they’re required to add new stuff to it every year.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fuckin Dredge getting the best costume again

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Hah, I was right about no items.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

Hah, I was right about no items.

Sort of.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ahh you just can't bring them in, got it. That's a fun way to do that.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Ugh, it is just going to be permanent nightfall, isn't it. Rip me and my lovely eyes I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well poo poo.

I literally have no possible options, I have to buy that Dredge skin. It's the Dredge. It's Iron Maiden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_hMZYDMps4

Up the motherfucking Irons.