Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Man, I still have a hard time smashing stuff even knowing I haven't used it when it's from some harder to obtain / no longer available source. Like I got a few GoS guns, trials guns, holiday guns and adepts that it's hard to bring myself to smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I still have old versions of reissued craftable guns if you can’t get that roll anymore. You’ll take my demolitionist ikelos smg and subsistence DMT from my cold dead hands.

Oxyclean posted:

Like I got a few GoS guns, trials guns, holiday guns and adepts that it's hard to bring myself to smash.

Same; I REALLY hope they make GoS guns craftable and make Reed’s Regret obtainable again soon.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

haveblue posted:

There isn't really a point to keeping random rolls of guns you have the pattern for, is there? All of them are replicable, especially now that you can spend resources on gun leveling so you can have that roll back at the cost of two minutes in the enclave

Some perks don't benefit much from being enhanced, or not at all in a few cases. Some guns have multiple useful rolls, so it might just be convenient to keep a random drop for a roll. Also, some of the Dares weapons have perks from the old random pool that aren't in the craftable pool. Not everyone is completely drowning in resources to level up and craft a gun.

But yeah, generally you can replace any random roll with a crafted roll by investing the time/resources into it.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
if you ask gun questions in the discord need-2-know channel youll get a bunch of nerds (me included) debating each other about the best gun for you

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Yeah I’ll keep uncrafted versions for perks that I don’t want in my crafted version - osmosis and permeability for example.

Good tip on the 0 kills search. Is there something similar for armor? I have the feeling that about 90% of my loadouts use the same 2-3 armor pieces from each category. Still am going to hoard the good stat pieces forever, but my threshold for “worth keeping” has gotten very high - minimum 66 points, no more than 4 wasted points, etc.

Also: are raid armors worth keeping for raid mods? it doesn’t feel like the Deep Stone Crypt mods are particularly helpful, but maybe some of the others could be?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't think I've ever put a raid mod on if I didn't get the armor and mod at the same raid just for fiddling with

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

Yeah I’ll keep uncrafted versions for perks that I don’t want in my crafted version - osmosis and permeability for example.

Good tip on the 0 kills search. Is there something similar for armor? I have the feeling that about 90% of my loadouts use the same 2-3 armor pieces from each category. Still am going to hoard the good stat pieces forever, but my threshold for “worth keeping” has gotten very high - minimum 66 points, no more than 4 wasted points, etc.

Also: are raid armors worth keeping for raid mods? it doesn’t feel like the Deep Stone Crypt mods are particularly helpful, but maybe some of the others could be?

If you’re using DIM loadouts, clicking the “triage” tab on a given armor piece will show you how many loadouts that piece is in. I’ve been dumping 0 loadout pieces for a bit now unless the roll has serious potential.

Raid mods are all worthless except the GoS one you use for DPS but even that’s been power crept so don’t worry about it.

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jan 29, 2024

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Noice I knew there had to be something.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

osmosis and permeability for example.

Out of curiosity, what use have you found for permeability?

Kennedy
Aug 1, 2006

hard to breathe?

Is there something similar for armor? I have the feeling that about 90% of my loadouts use the same 2-3 armor pieces from each category. Still am going to hoard the good stat pieces forever, but my threshold for “worth keeping” has gotten very high - minimum 66 points, no more than 4 wasted points, etc.

https://destinyrecipes.com/vault and https://d2armorpicker.com/#/

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I have a dungeon sidearm with it that I use for monochromatic strand or stasis builds so I can still use an exotic primary…. so nothing real important

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Volatile Rounds and Unraveling Rounds both require a specific element of weapon, but don't require any perks on the weapon itself, so they're the best cases for using it. Indebted Kindness is novel enough (and good enough) that I'm keeping a permeability roll, at least until we see what TFS offers. I'm not sure there's any legendary primaries worth doing the same on, nor any heavies.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I only play titan so ymmv.

Most titan builds, I do t consider the class ability a major trigger for abilities or orb spawning loops, with a few exceptions. With Void, some build use it for over shield which can add buffs. I don’t really play much void rn.

Using it with exotics that make class ability more central to gameplay is what makes it interesting. It basically can give you a weapon that matches your subclass (and I believe gets subclass buffs) in a spot you might not normally have it, giving you more tools.

The two I’ve really found gimmicks for this are icefall mantle and abeyant leap. Icefall gives an auto 4x boost to weapons when the over armor is triggered. Abeyant leap less so, but you are triggering your class ability more often than usual ime. I guess Lorelei Splendor may also have some utility.

It isn’t game changing but it is a fun trick for expanding options.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

I auto delete swords now that I crafted Other Half

I'll never see em
I'm kind of like that with caster frames. If I can't ranged boop, can't be hosed. Happy to now have one in arc, solar (trials) and now void.

Speaking of which, last year I finally got DIM organised and went through trying to reduce it so I only have one AR in each element, one handcannon etc. That's all you need right?

It failed. I fell back on aiming for one of each archetype and I still ended up with over 400 items. I'm full again. I can no longer tell what I'm keeping because it looks cool / makes a cool noise, has sentimental value (looking at you zen moment/rampage gnawhung with 16,000+ kills), for infusion or because I need the crafting pattern.

And thats not counting all of the exotic guns I have never used and will never use and are sitting taking up space Just In Case.

The problem is there have been points over the life of this game where balance changes have rendered one archetype drat near unusable - not just in terms of crucible meta but in terms of just being able to output enough DPS to survive PvE. High and low RPM ARs in particular.

So I'm reluctant to delete everything and then leave myself with one option in a season where Bungie decide to simultaneously nerf that archetype, but also make that element / weapon type a necessary part of the loadout puzzle.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Would trash any armor below 30 between Recovery and Reslience tbh

maybe 25 if you're newer

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Bobby Deluxe posted:

And thats not counting all of the exotic guns I have never used and will never use and are sitting taking up space Just In Case.

You can 100% delete any exotic guns, since you can always pull them from collections and catalysts still drop.

Edit: actually I would do it with crummy exotic armor too now that focusing is a thing

Hackan Slash fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 30, 2024

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This has been making the rounds and it looks fun

https://youtu.be/h3muXVnJZ2E?si=1hhiGScWRpEIghtr

It breaks down permeability and how it pairs up well with certain play styles.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Permeability is good this season because of a bunch of factors. Indebted has the ammo economy to be used as a primary, it is by far the best legendary anti barrier option, it's season of solar, and you have arc in your back pocket when there's a ton of shields in some of the gms.

Imo the big two are the ammo economy and ability to use it to proc emperyean, I don't think it'll be as big with a different artifact.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Permeability is a hard sell for Titans because casting takes so loving long and has such a lengthy cooldown. It's extremely good for Hunters though

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I trash anything in my vault that just doesn't get used. I have a "chopping block" search that shows me everything I haven't really used, and if I want to just have fun shooties (which the game is very good for as, like, a shooter) I'll do some Dares or something and rotate through them. I'll make a decision whether it's nice or not then and there.

You can be a lot more brutal with gear than people think, because if you really regret something getting sharded you will end up with another, or a gun that powercreeps it anyway. This game is constantly releasing "old gun but bit better" so it's not like you're ever really screwed. I try to keep one of each archetype and element combo, but otherwise I just shard stuff relentlessly.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

syntaxfunction posted:

This game is constantly releasing "old gun but bit better" so it's not like you're ever really screwed.

I sharded my last breachlight by mistake, OP

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Kesper North posted:

I sharded my last breachlight by mistake, OP

Yeah okay, I get the sunset ones, but everything else eh. Who is really farming Dares for old weapons really? If we could actually go do an activity for all the older non-sunset weapons in the game people would go for, like, four of them, and then never touch it again.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Gear culling is a lot easier now that Match Game is gone, but it's also nice to have a handle on whatever flavor of champion counters are hot for the season. I typically maintain a handful of gun archetypes that I like or are otherwise "if I had to use X gun type, Y is the archetype I prefer", but otherwise I don't really keep a lot of guns around.

It probably comes as a surprise to nobody that I keep way more Kinetic guns than I do Energy.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

syntaxfunction posted:

Yeah okay, I get the sunset ones, but everything else eh. Who is really farming Dares for old weapons really?

I would be if I still had this game installed :v: Half of them I haven't even gotten to drop.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
One week a month you get a a 1/21 chance to get the item you want and if you are looking for a particular roll its somewhere between 1/8 to 1/4096.

I would rather do anything else.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Dares is probably my favorite activity and when I was playing I would always do a few runs a week :shrug:

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
That's fair. Dares when it is good is great fun. I met the highest amount of physics team killers in it and got so many worthless drops that it lost it's fun factor. Only play what you actually enjoy playing.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Dares is my default "I am out of it or under the influence and want shooties fun" mode. It's organised and fun, and moves along without having people be able to finish the thing before you. I just don't think I've kept anything I've gotten because except maybe two items they've all been succeeded by newer weapons. I love Friction Fire and used the hell out of mine but it got nuked, along with my Escape Velocity. Great guns, but I have no need unless they get a little refresh at least.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

syntaxfunction posted:

Dares is my default "I am out of it or under the influence and want shooties fun" mode. It's organised and fun, and moves along without having people be able to finish the thing before you.

I even love the goofy little Nickelodeon challenges in between stages! I got really good at them!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Dares is my zen.

My happy place.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Dares is the one activity that's easier on higher difficulties, because you have 100% chance of infinite heavy ammo at the last boss.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Have they added match making to legend dares yet?!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
As a general rule they don't add matchmaking to legendary activities. So nah, they haven't and honestly I doubt they ever will.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They're easy enough though that fireteam finder works fine with it

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

New emblem for having killed poo poo with swords:

9FY-KDD-PRT

Redeem: bung.ie/3U6yPX3

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1752376135285866939
https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1752376148648984653

I want that N7 armor but I don't want to spend money lmao

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I’m going to spend the money, N7 Titan is a dream come true :shepface:

We’ll also probably going to be the Shepard Dance as an emote

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RBA Starblade posted:

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1752376135285866939
I want that N7 armor but I don't want to spend money lmao

I'm Commander Zavala, and this is my favorite crossover in Destiny 2.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
People are worried we're gonna fumble the last installment and ending to our franchise.

We need to invoke a big name, a reassuring name,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Genuinely upsetting how good that Titan armor looks