Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Captain Hygiene posted:

That...thing just ate three children, you monster

Do you want it to stave, you monster???

Captain Hygiene supports animal abuse everyone!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Nightmare Cinema posted:

This ruined my weekend so it's only fair I destroy yours too

Fake, spider eggs do NOT crunch

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Isn't that melon bear? I forget his Japanese name. From somewhere north in hokkaido.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Fake, spider eggs do NOT crunch

Not when they're fresh...

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I like my eggs a little crunchy on the edges

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Isn't that melon bear? I forget his Japanese name. From somewhere north in hokkaido.

He is aptly named Melon Kuma from Yubari on Hokkaido

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
You know who doesn’t eat children? Gritty. Hit them, maybe. But never eat

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

This made me want to go watch the video of the mascot getting stuck and delaying a hockey game (https://youtu.be/29U5OocM_iU?si=F8pPeIQ4dv8TrBPg)
Good thing they put those elementary school tumbling mats under him or he could have been hurt if he fell.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Nightmare Cinema posted:

This ruined my weekend so it's only fair I destroy yours too

Charlotte's Weeb

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Charlotte's Weeb

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

TrashMammal posted:

yeah, he does that sometimes

:doit:

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

The child greets death as an old friend

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Sochi, where even making GBS threads was a judged Olympic event.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

This made me want to go watch the video of the mascot getting stuck and delaying a hockey game (https://youtu.be/29U5OocM_iU?si=F8pPeIQ4dv8TrBPg) and I found something mildly cursed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qa_eTntJ3M

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

I think/I'm hoping those are those special doors that are supposed to become opaque when they're locked.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

"Please ignore the dangling lifeless mascot and focus on the rest of the show."

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jamesman posted:

I think/I'm hoping those are those special doors that are supposed to become opaque when they're locked.

When you lock them, they turn into a one-way mirror. Transparent from the outside, of course.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
A wormhole to the making GBS threads universe

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

some of those toilets don't even have seats. Maybe that's the reason for the glass, to help you quickly locate a suitable throne in an emergency.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I hope that guy was ok but lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdc8ETgSHLg

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Murdstone posted:

I hope that guy was ok but lol

Thanks to I guess the osha thread I knew that if you're strapped into those harnesses too long you can pass out due to trapped circulation and potentially lose limbs! There was a video of some dude demonstrating an additional strap thing their fall harnesses had, which means if someone working at height falls and is dangling from their harness waiting for rescue they can step in to a strap to take the pressure off the harness cutting off circulation around their crotch

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I remember being taught that if you fall and the harness catches you, if they don't get you down/up in fifteen minutes, you'll probably die.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I remember being taught that if you fall and the harness catches you, if they don't get you down/up in fifteen minutes, you'll probably die.

*Jim falls off the roof

"Boss, start the timer and alert the recovery team. Get the rifle"

.....15 minutes pass....

"Time's up, I'm taking the shot"

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Would that have been fatal or just really, really inconvenient?

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Stoatbringer posted:

Pretty sure the guy in the first pic is dead but ianad.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

3D Megadoodoo posted:

That's why you make sure your harness has suspension trauma straps!

They're just little straps you can stand on to open up your arteries.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Stoatbringer posted:

It has been a long time since I've done any bone work, but that looks like the bone started to heal, implying the guy lived for at least a while longer. A proper bone-ologist would be able to give better information.

Unless you're referring to the fact that all of his skin and muscle has been taken off of his skull; I am almost certain that is a fatal event in most cases.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Y'all need to visit the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia if you want to see cool skulls. They have walls of them, displaying things like damage from disease, trepination, and yes also things like axe attacks. It's a small part of the museum but is fascinating. The entire place is dedicated to medical anomalies. You can see conjoined twin skeletons, the world's largest colon, tumors removed from past presidents in jars, the skeleton of the world's tallest man, etc. It's great.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Wasabi the J posted:

That'll kill you right quick indeed.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Catastrophe posted:

Y'all need to visit the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia if you want to see cool skulls. They have walls of them, displaying things like damage from disease, trepination, and yes also things like axe attacks. It's a small part of the museum but is fascinating. The entire place is dedicated to medical anomalies. You can see conjoined twin skeletons, the world's largest colon, tumors removed from past presidents in jars, the skeleton of the world's tallest man, etc. It's great.

Ooh it’s just like Futurama!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Stoatbringer posted:

He walked it off

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Wasabi the J posted:

It's more that if you fall on it with your full weight, with no soft fall rope between your harness and the anchor rope, then you get stopped so hard that your neck whiplash and the jolt on your spine will knock you out. And now you are hanging there limp with your tongue suffocating you and/or your legs not getting circulation. Foot straps won't help you if you are unconscious.

If you don't fall hard on harness then it's not bad, I have done rope work and as long as you can move around so that blood keeps circulating in your limbs you should be okay just hanging in place. It also helps if you are not so heavy or the harness so tight that you just can't shift balance around.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

TotalLossBrain posted:

*Jim falls off the roof

"Boss, start the timer and alert the recovery team. Get the rifle"

.....15 minutes pass....

"Time's up, I'm taking the shot"

The least controversial episode of The Office.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Stoatbringer posted:

Ooh it’s just like Futurama!

One of their more famous specimens is these conjoined twins with a single shared head. The place has some bonkers stuff.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

cross post

Skios posted:

https://twitter.com/eerlijk_eten/status/1751994108980142322

For context - this is the Twitter account for some butcher box-style delivery service, using the head of the pro-Putin alt-right party in Dutch parliament to promote their meat. He promptly absolutely destroys it, and then the ex-pro footballer they also hired has to pretend that he loves it.

very cursed for many reasons

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
genuine lol that that was an advert for the meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It looks a bit dry.