Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Isn't that just kill Dracula though?

I haven't actually listened to the new season yet because I'm working through a backlog on naddpod though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

“Kick Dracula’s rear end, take his teeth, and turn them into earrings” specifically iirc.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
All three characters have very clear reasons for killing Dracula, they really don't need it to escalate into saving the entire multiverse

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Dracula is actually D.R.A.C.U.L.A, a malevolent transdimensional entity who has destroyed all other planes of existence and now has its eyes set on theirs.....

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009
With the Balance music mixed into the theme and the way the title breaks the formatting, kinda expecting there to be some multiversal shenanigans. Every universe has a Dracula (and a Clint.)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
only one? do you also think there can't be two bus drivers named Keith??

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I did get a genuine laugh out of Travis loving with Griffin by insisting that the bar they were going to had open mic nights and waiters that talked like pirates.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

AzureFlame posted:

With the Balance music mixed into the theme and the way the title breaks the formatting, kinda expecting there to be some multiversal shenanigans. Every universe has a Dracula (and a Clint.)

There's always a lighthouse. There's always a Drac.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

A multiverse adventure where they play as older characters for part of it each hunting their own Dracula and revisiting the other systems could be fun

As long as it doesn't end with a big avengers team up or something

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Not to shill for another actual play podcast, but NADDPOD's Trinyvale X Bahumia is an absolutely delightful multiverse crossover event, but does require you to be familiar with the first arc (really just the first part of the first arc) of NADDPOD.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the party of the first part of the first arc shall be known in this contract

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Justin.

Justin.

Nobody has ever called it ON-tee Anne's. Regional dialects are one thing, but you don't go into someone's OTT-ic or BOSS-ment.

Pronounce MODREN and TWUNNY however you like. But lines must be drawn somewhere.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Inkspot posted:

Justin.

Justin.

Nobody has ever called it ON-tee Anne's. Regional dialects are one thing, but you don't go into someone's OTT-ic or BOSS-ment.

Pronounce MODREN and TWUNNY however you like. But lines must be drawn somewhere.

do you go to Astin Texas?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

are you suggesting that nobody in the world says the word "auntie" as "ON-tee"

because that's basically how i grew up saying it, and it's also how most Indians say it so that would be... a billion people give or take

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I say it onty

except if for some reason I'm talking about Aunty Anne's (rare)

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Can you use IPA, I have no idea what these pronunciations are supposed to be

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
not sure how it'll help but ok

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Pham Nuwen posted:

are you suggesting that nobody in the world says the word "auntie" as "ON-tee"

Of course NAT.

Empty Sandwich posted:

I say it onty

except if for some reason I'm talking about Aunty Anne's (rare)

I love High-LOND Brewing out of OSH-ville, North Caroli-NAH!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

We say it more like ahn-ti here in Southeast Asia.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Not to shill for another actual play podcast, but NADDPOD's Trinyvale X Bahumia is an absolutely delightful multiverse crossover event, but does require you to be familiar with the first arc (really just the first part of the first arc) of NADDPOD.

Explicitly shilling for two additional actual play podcasts. Skulltenders and Rude Tales of Magic started new seasons recently. Skulltenders is a about ghosts who fight a necromantic conspiracy. Rude Tales: Piss Harbor is about bounty hunters taking down a different villain a week.

They're both high on hijinks and poor decision making, making them TAZ adjacent

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Weird Pumpkin posted:

A multiverse adventure where they play as older characters for part of it each hunting their own Dracula and revisiting the other systems could be fun

As long as it doesn't end with a big avengers team up or something

Shlabethany vs Dracula

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
*aeshvul

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

If we’re talking about bad pronunciations, I can’t get over the fact that Justin calls Reese’s “ree-see”.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
that's standard pronunciation in the south*, but I don't know why.

*also in WV apparently

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Jersey, too, I’ve always heard them called that.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I’m going to start saying Reesee’s Peesees just to annoy everyone I know

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TL posted:

Jersey, too, I’ve always heard them called that.

maybe if you live in Pork Roll Land or something, i've never heard them called that in my life

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Alaois posted:

maybe if you live in Pork Roll Land or something, i've never heard them called that in my life

I do, in fact.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I believe it's also a southeast PA thing, as I said "ree-see's pee-sees" for most of my life, and Paul F Tompkins said on a couple of shows that he did too.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Colonel Whitey posted:

I’m going to start saying Reesee’s Peesees just to annoy everyone I know

gently caress you

In the same vein, let me tell you about working at a movie theater and having people flat out ignore the & symbol in candy names.

"Can I get a box of Mike Ikes please?"

Maybe grab a bag of mms while you're at it, you illiterate gently caress!

minimum wage jobs break your soul

asciidic
Aug 19, 2005

lord of the valves

As a kid I made fun of my mom whenever she said reesees peesees until she stopped. Now to this day if she mentions them in my presence she'll glare at me as she carefully pronounces r e e s e 's p i e c e s :catstare:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Fil5000 posted:

There's always a lighthouse. There's always a Drac.

No, you see, he doesn't kick Dracula's rear end, take his teeth, and turn them into earrings!

Harriet Carker posted:

If we’re talking about bad pronunciations, I can’t get over the fact that Justin calls Reese’s “ree-see”.

REE-SEES PEE-SEES

ET PHONE HOME

EYE-ULL BEE RYET HEER, ELL LEE OTT

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

The boys streamed Lethal Company but before you get excited or think it might be fun they did it without proximity chat and missed the entire point. They said it doesn't make for good streaming.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

No ya’ll. He doesn’t say ree-sees. He says ree-see. No plural. It’s messed up

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Harriet Carker posted:

Empty Sandwich posted:

*also in WV apparently

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Harriet Carker posted:

I definitely knew people who said this where I grew up in Ohio (which was not all that far from the WV border). Like it wasn't standard or anything but it was a known thing.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Empty Sandwich posted:

*also in WV apparently

In what map is West Virginia not in the south?

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009
Um, it has West right there in the name.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

grittyreboot posted:

WV is weird! Parts of it are a train commute from DC. Parts of it are basically Pittsburgh. Other parts of it are definitely in the south.

And then there's like, ski resorts and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

grittyreboot posted:

One from 1863 or so.