Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

(school principal putting it in terms Bill can understand) sir, your son is Randy Wagstaff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

(school principal putting it in terms Bill can understand) sir, your son is Randy Wagstaff
lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahahahahaha

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:drat:

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

:perfect:

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

lolin

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/jaycuda/status/1754259616026771830

Pants

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Did Squarepants sound too ethnic?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They probably didn’t want to stretch out the graphic

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i'd rather take dora over steratore if i'm being honest

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I love that 30 years later and Dauber is just doing his character and announcing a superbowl.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

i'd rather take dora over steratore if i'm being honest

a couple years ago it was the Young Sheldon kid in character and it worked far better than it had any right to

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

DJExile posted:

a couple years ago it was the Young Sheldon kid in character and it worked far better than it had any right to

Helps that the character's father is a high school football coach. The character also showed he has knowledge of the sport as a adult but prefers almost anything else.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

CBS putting all the diverse talent on the Nickelodeon broadcast -- even got live bilingual rules explanations

Do better

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Are the refs swiper?

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Island Nation posted:

Helps that the character's father is a high school football coach. The character also showed he has knowledge of the sport as a adult but prefers almost anything else.

Kid's a pedantic, genius rear end in a top hat (the character, not the actor). Probably memorized the rulebook his father had over a weekend and loudly out errors whenever his family makes him watch attend/watch a game on tv. Makes sense he'd be a rules lawyer.

Dora explaining rules would be hilarious if they run with it.
"Can you say targetting? Fantasico!"
"Everybody count how many players there are on the field. Uno, dos, tres...doce. That's too many men"

pseudodragon fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 6, 2024

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Romo would be more at home on the Nickelodeon broadcast.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Island Nation posted:

Goes back to Lisa Simpson helping Homer gamble on football. The genius child who hates sports but understands it to an inate degree.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Bally Sports Broadcasting Thread: Young Sheldon Lore

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1754553142803673448

hmm

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
https://twitter.com/thesimonetti/status/1754979299684212966

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
cable is back baby

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

more about that

https://twitter.com/espnpr/status/1754989883498672350?s=46

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m sure it’ll be consumer focused, fairly priced, and won’t have insane blackout locks in place at all!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’m sure it’ll be consumer focused, fairly priced, and won’t have insane blackout locks in place at all!

I mean, blackouts aren’t a problem for YouTube TV or Hulu + Live TV or Sling, so I don’t know why they would be for this.

That said, the price point would probably have to be below $40/mo for me to switch away from YouTube TV since that platform has a track record of actually working.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 7, 2024

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1754911018575159564

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

This is probably really bad news for the NBA's hoped for massive national broadcast deal since this is essentially a merger of the major sports broadcasters

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://x.com/retro_pels/status/1754937453436170524?s=20

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

General Dog posted:

I mean, blackouts aren’t a problem for YouTube TV or Hulu + Live TV or Sling, so I don’t know why they would be for this.

That said, the price point would probably have to be below $40/mo for me to switch away from YouTube TV since that platform has a track record of actually working.

Blackouts are definitely a thing on Sling.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The Glumslinger posted:

This is probably really bad news for the NBA's hoped for massive national broadcast deal since this is essentially a merger of the major sports broadcasters

Honestly, I wonder if this deal survives an antitrust suit.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

This gimmick of Stephen A taking questions about cartoons and kids’ media very seriously is better satire than any satirist could pull off.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

The Glumslinger posted:

It's not so much a merger as much as a relative of the original Hulu, where each company has equity in the streamer.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ratatoulay

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Blackouts are definitely a thing on Sling.

Definitely are on YouTube TV, too; the Iowa blackouts on Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Cardinals and Royals games still apply.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

lmao.

The Glumslinger posted:

This is an interesting and I think you're right in the sense that it at least takes an alternative off the table for them. Although Netflix moving on WWE makes me wonder if they are a viable threat, and we know Apple is desperate to get a big sport on their network.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Well OJ certainly opened up some women.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Can't wait for the UFC to broadcast early prelims on this new thing, then prelims on ESPN+, then the main card ESPN2, topped by a no-hope no-future middleweight main event fight night in the Apex.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

lmao.

This is an interesting and I think you're right in the sense that it at least takes an alternative off the table for them. Although Netflix moving on WWE makes me wonder if they are a viable threat, and we know Apple is desperate to get a big sport on their network.

yeah the apple and amazon money is still there, and nbc has already shown they're interested in getting sports on peacock. there will still be bids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

theyre the best