Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

kri kri posted:

Its not $8 a month

It can be that low yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Thunder Bear posted:

Very fair, but Hitman or Tekken 8? Friends are bugging me about Tekken because it's cross-play now.

Hitman 3. Will last you a long longer after everyone but the hardcore bail on t8.

welcome posted:

I wonder if this year they'll call up my guy with 50 dingers in June or will they want him to walk more first.

The minor league mode does not know how to handle an insane overachiever. I broke the hit streak record, won the World Series, and started in triple a next year.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Is it racist to call the Embracer Group a bunch of Swedish gently caress ups?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Steve Yun posted:

Hmm game pass is tempting

$8 a month with a 3 year commitment?

And it comes with online play (formerly Live)?

90% of my time in Gears 2 and 3 was in horde mode…

it's awesome.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Lammasu posted:

Is it racist to call the Embracer Group a bunch of Swedish gently caress ups?

Yes.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

It can be that low yeah

I pay $4.5 a month for next two plus years

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Some goons pay via mindshare

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Guillermus posted:

FH announcers reminds me of Burnout Paradise and I like that. That's my broken mind story of the day :shobon:

hatty posted:

The lack of a new burnout game proves that our society is poisoned

FireWorksWell posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wMLtfWIewI

Someone pointed me towards this recently, it's by some of the devs of Burnout.

its garbage.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered is a direct 1:1 copy of the original game with 4k60 on new consoles and is the last racing game made by most of the original Burnout team.

EVERYTHING about this game is Burnout 3 but bigger. the tracks, the menu, the boost/drift mechanics. No Open World rubbish, just huge point to point or circuit races with huge sweeping turns. added bonus of licensed cars and incredibly good engine sounds.

This is the game you want to scratch the Burnout itch.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Crafty posted:

I spent this months mindshare on Overwatch 2 coins.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Crafty posted:

Not anymore :smith:

They have cut back on Microsoft Rewards, and they will regret this

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
They remastered the wrong game. I wish Most wanted 2012 got the remaster since it was literally burnout paradise with a new map and real cars.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

is that a setting in the os somewhere? Or just a passive thing the headset does? I don’t think I’ve noticed it before.

You can tweak all those settings in the accessories app, and selecting the headset. You can adjust levels in there for a few different elements. I had complaints that people could hear me clicking my controller, and it was annoying them so I reduced the mic activation Sensitivity (can’t remember the exact name) and that solved the issue.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

webmeister posted:

Not anymore :smith:

They have cut back on Microsoft Rewards, and they will regret this

They raised them up again.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Ryoga posted:

They remastered the wrong game. I wish Most wanted 2012 got the remaster since it was literally burnout paradise with a new map and real cars.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I pay €14.99 every month for game pass. My mindshare money is spent on deals.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Laserface posted:

its garbage.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered is a direct 1:1 copy of the original game with 4k60 on new consoles and is the last racing game made by most of the original Burnout team.

EVERYTHING about this game is Burnout 3 but bigger. the tracks, the menu, the boost/drift mechanics. No Open World rubbish, just huge point to point or circuit races with huge sweeping turns. added bonus of licensed cars and incredibly good engine sounds.

I played and enjoyed NFS Hot Pursuit on PC and Xbox360 and then got the remastered on PC/PS4/Xbox. It doesn't scratch the same itch as Burnout and Paradise had an awesome open world you could race others, beat their times and do crazy jumps from buildings to collect poo poo between races. It doesn't help that Paradise may be my favourite racing game of all time even if it's only to roam around chasing cars to add to my collection.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

https://x.com/tomwarren/status/1752464637965066313?s=20

https://x.com/tomwarren/status/1752438293235446157?s=20

More Xbox gamers, but they're not buying the console anymore.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Guillermus posted:

I played and enjoyed NFS Hot Pursuit on PC and Xbox360 and then got the remastered on PC/PS4/Xbox. It doesn't scratch the same itch as Burnout and Paradise had an awesome open world you could race others, beat their times and do crazy jumps from buildings to collect poo poo between races. It doesn't help that Paradise may be my favourite racing game of all time even if it's only to roam around chasing cars to add to my collection.

Oh you're one those people that prefers Paradise over actual good burnout. Never mind.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

There's a rumor that Stellar Entertainment are working on a Burnout game, with speculation that it's either a remake of Burnout 3 or something new. It is the 20th anniversary of the game this year and they Tweeted about "take downs" and being rear ended so if it's real I'm guessing (and praying) that we get a fancy remake of Burnout 3. Apparently there's old Criterion talent at the studio too.

A leak revealed the PlayStation showcase thingy later is going to reveal a new Sonic game which is either a remaster of Generations or a sequel as well. It's got Shadow attached which has people thinking it may be an expanded remaster perhaps? Sonic x Shadow Generations is the title.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

John F Bennett posted:

https://x.com/tomwarren/status/1752438293235446157?s=20

More Xbox gamers, but they're not buying the console anymore.

Xbox hardware is up 3%. It's non Xbox hardware that's down. (Surface devices etc).

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

BonoMan posted:

Xbox hardware is up 3%. It's non Xbox hardware that's down. (Surface devices etc).

Yes, 3% increase in Xbox hardware revenue means people are not buying a lot of Xboxen. But they are playing Xbox games on other devices.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jan 31, 2024

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

John F Bennett posted:

Yes, 3% increase in Xbox hardware revenue means people are not buying a lot of Xboxes. But they are playing Xbox games on other devices.

I mean a 3% increase over last quarter is still an increase. People are buying more Xboxen than last quarter. You don't buy an Xbox per game so of course content percentages are going to be way higher.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Fair enough!

I edited my post so it now correctly says Xboxen instead of Xboxes.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

BonoMan posted:

You don't buy an Xbox per game
univbee posts here

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ruffian Price posted:

univbee posts here

Sometimes you need 4 different ways to play Panzer Dragoon Orta

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Laserface posted:

its garbage.

I'll have to give it a go, Burnout 3 was the best lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
One day I’m going to write a dissertation about the parallels of the THPS and Burnout franchises.

1: Extremely bare bones but the framework is there for greatness.
2: Perfect refinement of the previous entry, an absolute master class of the genre.
3. Introduces a game changing new mechanic that completely alters how the game is played, making the game a lot more fun but also removing some of the purity of the previous entry.
4. Basically just a new version of 3 but not nearly as fun and it’s impossible to explain why. The magic was lost somehow.
5. Open world, filled with modern gaming tropes, a shell of what it once started as.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I love 3 and Paradise. I want a successor to Paradise that also has some more standalone elements from 3. There's no reason they couldn't be in a single game!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Laserface posted:

Oh you're one those people that prefers Paradise over actual good burnout. Never mind.

I didn't say that I don't like previous Burnout games. In fact I do own both Burnout Legends and Dominator on PSP, Revenge on 360 and Burnout 3 on PS2 but Paradise is easier to come back and it's on PC, Xbox and PS4/5. But hey, you're one of those people that act elitist about a dead franchise. Never mind.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Revenge is BC on my SX so I mainly play that one. feels worse than 3 did though. I dont like the rear end mechanic too much

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I love inXile but goddamn this is barely a press release teaser

Yeah, they’re working together on … ???

It’s like a “I’ll make the website” post

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I love inXile but goddamn this is barely a press release teaser

Yeah, they’re working together on … ???

It’s like a “I’ll make the website” post
They announced and released a trailer for the game last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDFuhaYxeMU

Basically a time-travel-themed Bioshock kinda deal?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
New PDP Riffmaster guitar finally revealed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7-CdvRhCUk

I bought a PDP controller the other day (my kids broke my Xbox controller and needed a temp replacement) and was just stunned at how cheap and lovely it was. Maybe they make higher end stuff? But I returned the controller because it was too crappy for even a quick replacement controller.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

The Kins posted:

They announced and released a trailer for the game last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDFuhaYxeMU

Basically a time-travel-themed Bioshock kinda deal?

Oh I totally missed that, nice! yeah that’s more like it :cheers:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
If I bought the Game of the Year version of Hitman previously, do I need to buy World of Assassination to have everything? Or would it be cheaper to buy the missing parts I don't have if that is an option?

The Deluxe Edition of WoA is $44.99 until tomorrow and I'm hesitant to buy it if I already own part of it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I have never played Sleeping Dogs. It's now on sale for 4.50, should I buy it?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
It’s the best of the gta like games

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Yes.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This thing blew up

https://x.com/Palworld_EN/status/1752753619429163190?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA