Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Xenomrph posted:

I agree that prioritizing your kids is a huge character move, but his kids are now in their 30s so that reasoning makes less sense.

I mean it’s his life and he can absolutely do whatever he wants, but I think the “I’m prioritizing my kids” ship has sailed.

He also realized he had made his money and really, really didn't miss acting and the long days on-set. So after his kids were grown, he really didn't feel the need to go back to work outside of the occasional Bob & Doug McKenzie bit for Rush tours and some voiceover work he could knock out in a day or two here and there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

AndyElusive posted:

Janine's gonna bust some ghosts.

I'm not going to read too much into it and I'm cautiously hyped, but I'd be fine without the toyetic mini-stay pufts/baby groots/baby yodas/minions whatever FunkoPop nonsense you want to call them.

I have never been amused by the presence of a silly little guy, outside of Gremlins 1 & 2.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I am loving hyped for Janine as Egon's replacement. I never thought of that, but it's perfect.

They're also going to do it really, really badly.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Apparently, Gil Kenan and Jason Reitman were talking further sequels after this one, in that Empire article.

If they're going the way of RGB, then I get that.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Gosh, my 4 year old daughter has enjoyed seeing me play Luigi's Mansion, and then she started watching the Real Ghostbusters cartoon.

And now I've got her a little vacuum cleaner backpack, some walkie talkies, and other equipment for us to go around the house hunting ghosts, and as a result now I've looked at Spirit Halloween, HalloweenCostumes.com, and amazon, and now I've got an PKE meter, ghost trap, jumpsuit with Ghostbusters 2 patches to include a customized nametag, and a $250 fullsize proton pack on the way for myself

I've suddenly jumped whole hog into becoming a ghostbuster

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
:kimchi:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That rules.

gregday
May 23, 2003

The great thing about dressing as a Ghostbuster is that you can do it for $20, or you can do it for $5,000, and every level in between. Every body type looks great in the uniform with the gear, and it always delights other people.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I picked up a Houston White jumpsuit from Target on clearance the other day for $25, and it’s so comfy. It’s a fake suede, but it’s really nice. I know it’s not accurate, but it’s a really nice alternative look.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
New trailer tomorrow!

https://twitter.com/ghostbusters/status/1751651348377149885

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

It's up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hjlyknlTaw

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

“No eye witnesses”

Not a single person saw a giant marshmallow man, evil slime, 10000 ghosts, titanic, alien dinosaur ghost, walking Statue of Liberty or a building covered in slime

brauh

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

CelticPredator posted:

“No eye witnesses”

Not a single person saw a giant marshmallow man, evil slime, 10000 ghosts, titanic, alien dinosaur ghost, walking Statue of Liberty or a building covered in slime

brauh

I think the read is that no eye witnesses saw that The Ghostbusters fixed the issue(s). Still a big stretch though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I mean, Peck was literally there at Spook Central. He knows.

Anyway, that all looks great, and I’m here for it. Not sure James Acaster’s character lasts long though. :ohdear:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Edit: I’ll move this to the trailer thread instead

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 29, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

First trailer was better. This makes the movie just seem like a "hey remember this!"

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I love Venkman's energy in this trailer. Maybe one too many callbacks (worst being Janine's) but I'm excited for it!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Merkinman posted:

I think the read is that no eye witnesses saw that The Ghostbusters fixed the issue(s). Still a big stretch though.

True for the first one. Can't really ignore the finale of Ghostbusters II, though.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

This makes the movie just seem like a "hey remember this!"

What movie did you think they were trying to make?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The first trailer was less hey remember and more new story.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Interestingly, the Polish trailer is wildly different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhc_nDtRCaY

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The polish trailer is much better

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mr Hootington posted:

The polish trailer is much better

They gave it a lot more polish.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lobok posted:

They gave it a lot more polish.

I didn't see any nazi imagery so I doubt it is more Polish.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I can't watch it right now, but is the Polish trailer the same as the international trailer here?

https://twitter.com/GhostbustersNet/status/1751988735904756087?t=Ysp3nQ2o8TamTh2IjUfIBA&s=19

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yes, Poland being outside the US and thus international.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Lobok posted:

True for the first one. Can't really ignore the finale of Ghostbusters II, though.

Those hacks? They had nothing to do with it! The Statue of Liberty saved the day :911:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Yes, Poland being outside the US and thus international.

Hey, some counties might get their own :colbert:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

True, a UK version with more emphasis on Acaster.

I’m currently working my way through his Off Menu podcast, so it’s going to make FE all the more silly to watch.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Oh man, here's the fullsize proton pack that I just got delivered today. This thing looks pretty sweet!

So far I've impressed my co-workers and my small child with how cool this thing is. I should get a picture of me in my full getup that I've got together now.

Now my daughter wants her own proton pack to match too. I've ordered her the small blue children's toy one.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

True, a UK version with more emphasis on Acaster.

I’m currently working my way through his Off Menu podcast, so it’s going to make FE all the more silly to watch.

A UK version would probably have less Acaster.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Who's the guy playing the mayor in the trailer? He seems familiar but I can't place him.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Who's the guy playing the mayor in the trailer? He seems familiar but I can't place him.

Walter peck. He's back now because nostalgia.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

CaptainN posted:

Truest reaction to the trailer yet.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Walter peck. He's back now because nostalgia.

Oh, lmao.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

We don’t know that he’s the mayor, just someone higher up in the city. Maybe PCOC!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
A dip poo poo like Peck would never be elected NYC mayor. He's the the wrong kind of unlikeable

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

They could have hired the same guy who played the mayor in Gb2016 and had him do another 30 minutes of unfunny jokes about Jaws.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Reginald VelJohnson for mayor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

CaptainN posted:

don't like ghosts, don't watch my movies. don't like ghosts, don't watch my movies. What's the matter, too many ghosts for you?