Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

vaping is way less harmful than smoking, it doesn't smell bad and girls love it. probably way cheaper too. makes sense why vaping is popular

cigarettes are way cooler though. these kids will get the message soon enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i say swears online posted:

vaping is way less harmful than smoking, it doesn't smell bad and girls love it. probably way cheaper too. makes sense why vaping is popular

Perhaps these young folks should take up the tobacco pipe

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Vaping is a scourge and I'm fine with the last cop tasing the last vaper

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

lobster shirt posted:

so is the pause on lng exports or on terminal construction? the tweet says terminals but the white house announcement text appears to be about export.

It's for "pending decisions" so would be new permits and I assume anything already approved is still going forward. So like most things politicians do, a whole lot of words that ultimately do nothing.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

PostNouveau posted:

You can vape indoors in private without making everything smell like poo poo.

You can but the sort of people who vape make sure they get the kind that smells like chemical sugar nightmare, especially teens.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
can we just compromise and ring all of that razor wire around Dallas?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

zoux posted:

Will there be opportunities for graft

TXDOT will continue its normal functions in the transitional government.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SpaceViking posted:

You can but the sort of people who vape make sure they get the kind that smells like chemical sugar nightmare, especially teens.

I don't think I've ever been near vapers and smelled anything. Didn't know it was even possible.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Jake Gittes posted:

can we just compromise and ring all of that razor wire around Dallas?

Ahhh, the Judge Dredd future.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

PostNouveau posted:

I don't think I've ever been near vapers and smelled anything. Didn't know it was even possible.

Then you live a more blessed life than I do. I had a boss whose vape of choice was "sugar cookie." You could smell that thing across the building.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/GraduatedBen/status/1750368151894741235

Oh I bet, definitely

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I dunno about you, but I sure stood up and clapped.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Beyond the horrible optics and honestly anything they would ever think about, it's funny that their iconography would be based around the very thing that ended the old West.

Seriously. If this were as late as the 1970s those carpetbaggers putting barbed wire in a political message would be enough to cost them some rural votes.

Yes, I'm sure soldiers in the US military are seriously talking about defecting to the Texas National Guard stationed on the border, where they can enjoy abysmal working conditions AND not getting paid (or, when they finally do get paid, having it done in a way that completely fucks up their taxes).

Also, loving weep for the collapse of the Texas Tribune. They had an amazing series doing deep-dive investigative reporting on Abbott's "Operation Lone Star" that got killed when they decided to cut almost all of their actual reporting to "focus on politics". If they hadn't been run by complete idiots, they could be ready to pounce on this big moment and generate a lot of traffic while also providing vital information on what is actually happening on the border right now. Now, after their decision to pivot to "politics", the last piece they have on the border is a piece in September talking about how it was polling.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

i say swears online posted:

probably way cheaper too.

From past experience it really wasn't unless you were buying it by the jug and not the cartridge. Juuls always would run out quicker than their cost in coffin nails. And that's before factoring in not having anything to judge how much you've inhaled v a shortening cancer stick.

As for why kids still pick up the habit? gently caress if I know but from annecdotal experience my usage shot up whenever i couldn't get my adhd meds, same with coffee.

And hey, guess what there's a national shortage on atm?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Vaping seems to be reversing the trend of the decline of tobacco products in America, especially with all the vape shops around, and I don't like it. Putting a felony charge for it is a bit much though.

At least vaping can never be as cool as smoking was.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

LanceHunter posted:

Also, loving weep for the collapse of the Texas Tribune. They had an amazing series doing deep-dive investigative reporting on Abbott's "Operation Lone Star" that got killed when they decided to cut almost all of their actual reporting to "focus on politics". If they hadn't been run by complete idiots, they could be ready to pounce on this big moment and generate a lot of traffic while also providing vital information on what is actually happening on the border right now. Now, after their decision to pivot to "politics", the last piece they have on the border is a piece in September talking about how it was polling.

It's a loving travesty what's happened and continues to happen to the Tribune.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2024/01/elon-musk-spacex-texas-boca-chica-oligarchy/

Jiro fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jan 27, 2024

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

SlothfulCobra posted:

Vaping seems to be reversing the trend of the decline of tobacco products in America, especially with all the vape shops around, and I don't like it. Putting a felony charge for it is a bit much though.

At least vaping can never be as cool as smoking was.

smoking is still cool

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that's right

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I hate how much i enjoyed smoking.

drunk mutt
Jul 5, 2011

I just think they're neat
Literally smokin' right now

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

It’d be nice if smoking was healthy for you

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

but then it definitely wouldn't be cool

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

listen bub, the only smoking I wanna hear about is a brisket, low and slow

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

George H.W. oval office posted:

It’d be nice if smoking was healthy for you

it is

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

well now I gotta quit

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I’m on whichever side of the Texas civil war that decides to nationalize and eliminate all toll roads.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

I’m on whichever side of the Texas civil war that decides to nationalize and eliminate all toll roads.

Conversely, I'll be on whichever side decides that literally all roads carrying cars should be tolled (oh yeah, and all street parking should be metered) to fund public transit.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm siding with whichever side says that you have to pay a quarter to look at a duck.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I'm on whichever side Cornyn isn't. I'll never forgive him for that brisket, and also all the other legislative crimes of course

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Cojawfee posted:

I'm siding with whichever side says that you have to pay a quarter to look at a duck.

I’ll see you on the other side of the battlefield, my new mortal enemy.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

smoking is still cool

https://youtu.be/1rYnxnje0MA?si=xPOKyT6jqaNyf9-_

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

LanceHunter posted:

In terms of lovely construction, there's a relatively new 5-over-1 condo complex on South Congress & St Elmo (Public Lofts) whose construction is apparently so hosed that their rooftop pool has to be permanently closed because of some major flaw. It's a bad enough problem that even the tax assessment value for the units dropped by 10% from last year to this year.

lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1751626306440024225

I believe that is the point of America.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/JohnCornyn/status/1751647557023859017

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

SpaceViking posted:

Then you live a more blessed life than I do. I had a boss whose vape of choice was "sugar cookie." You could smell that thing across the building.

I'll take sugar cookie over cigarette smoke any day.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Shadowlyger posted:

I'll take sugar cookie over cigarette smoke any day.

I was in MA visiting family the other day, where weed is 100% legal. It was weird seeing someone nearby smoking and have it be a cigarette rather than a joint.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

zoux posted:

I too believe there is a nefarious plot that includes clearing all the hoops necessary to become an LPR for years before even having an opportunity to jump through even more hoops to have a hope of naturalizing... none of which you can even approach to starting as an undocumented immigrant without leaving the country and not returning until the clock runs out on your 5, 10, or 20 year bar.

I loving hate these people.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

zoux posted:

The party of deporting veterans lol

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

The thing with vapes in school is that they have to always test them for THC (which leads to all the felony cases), and it is way more prevalent than smoking has ever been in my lifetime among HS kids and younger. They find a fair number of them on elementary schools too. Also, the students using them frequently use it as a reason to skip classes with their friends and find a bathroom to hide in, etc., but the added problem of not being as obvious as cigarettes are for locating them. I know the state increased the punishment for vapes to allow automatic DAEP placements, but not all districts are on board for obvious reasons. I think most of the time at the school I work (and most other suburban/city districts), they just comfiscate them, test them for THC, and then write a referral and call home if they have one, and only those that get caught many, many times or found selling them get anything more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
There seems to be an increasing fear of vapes being a vehicle for opioid drugs to enter into the schools, too. I know there's always been talk of tainted drugs that has mostly been based on paranoia and false rumor, but it seems anecdotally that there may some truth to this one. With cigarettes, people just smoke mass produced stuff. With pot, nobody is sprinkling loving heroin on your weed. But it doesn't seem like the kids even know what the gently caress they're vaping.