Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Managed to find the Tarantulas/Elita-1 box from christmas at Wal-mart for $7.

Tarantulas is really good, amazing how little he shares with Black Arachnia.

The Elita-1 mold is fairly rear end though, it just doesn't really come together well in any mode. Mostly the little bits that hold the front wheels, they don't sit flush in vehicle mode and they look bad in robot mode, unless you tilt them forward, but they hinder arm movement.

I feel like I would be angry as hell over her if I payed full price, but my brain is like "You know that's $7 that's all toward Tarantulas, and she was free."

kilus aof posted:

My issue with Fossilizers was the lack of 5mm posts on Beast Wars characters. You can do all sorts of crazy stuff with cars but are super limited with beast modes.

The only good use on beast characters was plugging the tail of Paleotrex into BW Megatron's mouth and making it look like he barfed out his whole skeleton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ah, new Haslab is 2001 RID Omega Prime. Cool, another haslab im not interested in.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I would be, but he should be 2 leaders released at retail

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I want the next Haslab to be, like, core-class Micromaster Erector. No frills, just a $12 core-class bot that happens to get all the fanfare of a $300 Haslab, with a huge marketing push and stretch goals that are arguably worth more than the bot itself. Just get real stupid with it, gently caress it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
drat, funding runs until March 15th, that feels… extended.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I dunno how it's going to be better than the original Omega Prime, which is one of my all-time favourite toys.

I don't care, I'm pledging for it, I love me RiD2001 too much not to. So let's see which is better...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

DigitalRaven posted:

I dunno how it's going to be better than the original Omega Prime, which is one of my all-time favourite toys.

I don't care, I'm pledging for it, I love me RiD2001 too much not to. So let's see which is better...

They expressly mentioned he has waist support, so it’s already better than the original Omega Prime

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

drat, funding runs until March 15th, that feels… extended.

Might be trying to hit more people with that US tax refund money.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well, looks like you called it, Keldroc.

There wasn't a whole lot that wanted improvement in the first place, other than Prime's hips. (He's got thigh swivels now too.) I don't have the originals handy to check scale, but it'd be funny if they were directly compatible.

It looks like Prime's ladder still extends and rotates, and they mention the flip out missile launchers, though not if they fire anything. Also looks like he can still do the Silly Fire Truck Cab mode, I can see a hint of his pistol's reel under his front bumper.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
For the sake of the combination modes I hope they manage to keep it from falling apart like the original.

Only two tier unlocks?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
I can't afford it but I kinda actually want the new Haslab. I've never seen the show, but I had that Optimus many years ago and really liked him. Never got UM, but wanted him too.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
RID Optimus is one of my favorite bots of all time. I remember importing the CR version before we knew it was coming out from Hasbro. That said I don’t know if I want to spend 250 to have the core Op displayed and the rest on a box.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Mark me down as another that loved the original toy. I did not care about the show at the time but the toy was amazing. Mine is still in ok condition but of course the tires are disintegrating and he is... wobbly if bumped. The new one looks better proportioned and supported.

The price seems like it scales up predictably for that size of set if I compare it to the last couple Haslabs but it's still very expensive.

I'm very tempted.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Way too much for me, but I look forward to hearing the Triple Takeover boys rave about how good it is.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

SS-109 Megatron's got a really nice robot mode, but the transformations are kind of hellish. At least with something that turns into a car or a truck I can kind of puzzle out where things are supposed to go, but Megatron's dual space-whatever modes don't really provide a ton of guidance, and the thing is so detailed that the dark-purple-on-gray instructions aren't much help either, so transformation videos are kind of necessary for the guy.

They definitely put their whole rear end into the figure, but it's kind of odd to see some of these intricate and complex transformation steps just to end up with the usual Cybertronian Jumble.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Pretty tempted on this one definitely

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
This is probably cheaper than buying the originals at this point.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I don't care enough about RiD to jump on board this time but I do think they look great, I always loved that Magnus truck mode. Chuffed for anyone who's excited for this, and chuffed for Evan honestly, the guy seemed so happy to work on this, bless.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I have no interest in this so I'm fine with passing it up. Hope it goes through for y'all who want it tho!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Realize I'm taint reaping here but after Deszaras, I wonder if they follow this release up with Gigatron

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
definitely interested in this haslab and if I get my god damned grievance money in the next few months I'm definitely getting that

I still have my original RID Prime and it's one of my all-time favorites, I also had...parts of ultra magnus, but not the entire thing. I very much like that they're not really loving around with perfection, it looks almost the same but with better quality parts where it matters, which is all it needed.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Phy posted:

Realize I'm taint reaping here but after Deszaras, I wonder if they follow this release up with Gigatron

what's a deszaras? he was always intended to be deathsaurus

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phy posted:

I don't have the originals handy to check scale, but it'd be funny if they were directly compatible.

Update: Prime, at least, is significantly taller in both Super and Omega modes. Also, his missiles deploy, but they're tipped with blast effect nubs, so I don't think think they fire.

Dabir posted:

what's a deszaras? he was always intended to be deathsaurus

Force of habit, one of my earliest stints in the fandom was on a mush where they'd suspend you if you called him Deathsaurus lol

Phy fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 30, 2024

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Phy posted:

I'd like to see him get a new toy one of these days, but I'm not sure if he'd really work as a Haslab product. Star Saber & Deathsaurus had a history being Japan-exclusive characters with a certain amount of mystique within the fandom, and I feel like Omega Prime was chosen at least in part because he's an Optimus they can crowdfund during the 40th anniversary year.

Gigatron doesn't really have the same things going for him, and doing a Haslab version of him could create inaccurate expectations that every Haslab product is going to be a paired release. Can you imagine how much complaining there would be if Star Saber and Omega Prime got their villains, but they never made a Primus to go with Unicron?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
250 bucks seems a bit much for two Leaders and a Deluxe* but I won't deny that it's tempting, if they do a Gigatron down the line that would be an immediate buy on my end as the original is still one of my all time favorites

*though having Ultra Magnus's gun become an actual Transformer is adorable, I'm sure I'm far from the only person who treated that gun as its own robot as a kid

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
That was one thing soundwave needed. A minitape that turned into a gun.

He didn't always have to hold Megatron's hand like that but soundwave's the GOAT.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

drrockso20 posted:

250 bucks seems a bit much for two Leaders and a Deluxe* but I won't deny that it's tempting, if they do a Gigatron down the line that would be an immediate buy on my end as the original is still one of my all time favorites

*though having Ultra Magnus's gun become an actual Transformer is adorable, I'm sure I'm far from the only person who treated that gun as its own robot as a kid

Each of those leaders is about a foot tall. The whole package is larger than the original.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It’s a race for me on Tumblr AskVectorPrime to come up with an origin for Autobot Bluebolts before Hayato Sakamoto can do it in a lovely online comic

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Cowslips Warren posted:

That was one thing soundwave needed. A minitape that turned into a gun.

He didn't always have to hold Megatron's hand like that but soundwave's the GOAT.

Actually those are Megs' legs hes holding, and wait til you see what the trigger is!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

drrockso20 posted:

Those are Commanders. Leaders aren't remotely that size anymore.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Honestly I keep forgetting Commander class exists since they're only slightly more common than Titans

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You know I’m obviously over the moon about this but like. I’m slightly disappointed that they made Prime’s trailer base mode Titan Master compatible and didn’t give us like a Headmaster Koji or something

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
There's almost certainly still at least one secret tier to reveal.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://news.tfw2005.com/2024/01/30/transformers-legacy-united-deluxe-shard-first-look-503253

New Armorizer just dropped

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

I really like that. It's kinda weird but I really like how odd a neon stone helicopter it makes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I thought it was the new Springer having leaked before I focused on it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

He looks rad, definitely picking him up.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Rockinator.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Chromia too:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The fact it’s in front of a home paint station makes me doubt.