Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Saoshyant posted:

Oh no… please don’t be an idiot like Peter-man and get a puppy you can’t take care of. Which these people won’t because the puppy certainly didn’t stick around for later strips.

ACTUALLY

the puppy stays for at least the next six years!!!

i don't know when he leaves us, but at the very least he's around during the original Belogi arc of 1995

MorningMoon posted:

Strange few weeks are spent as Peter is scared that MJ might've been killed while getting dog food for their dog, but she just spent time with a neighbor instead. They hug with their dog. ????

Ever since i looked up the Belogi stuff it was barking at me that very random bit about them having a dog. Then last summer it came back as a super intrusive thought and I figured I could try and solve the dog mystery. That got me into Newspaper.com and stuff. I found the Hugo Belogi arc and that the puppy was real. I thought of just like sharing that, but then I figured I could share a couple random arcs that looked good in order to find the dog's origin; "Well, they obviously got the dog together so the wedding should be my starting point", then the arc after the wedding was the wrestling epic and I knew I had to get that, and then lo and behold the immediate next arc is the dog arc, so at that point I figured I'd just stay for the long haul so we can all see the era of Peter and MJ having this perfect puppy for years that'll vanish sometime in the 3 year gap between Belogi 1 and Talking Gorilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:stare:

I have zero memory from any of the strips I have ever read of them having a puppy, let alone for years :psyduck:

Also yeah, Peter that's a hell of a decision to make without consulting your wife. Also maybe call your Aunt and tell her the senator she likes is a con man? Maybe tell the major Metropolitan Newspaper that you WORK for!?!

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

:stare:

I have zero memory from any of the strips I have ever read of them having a puppy, let alone for years :psyduck:

Also yeah, Peter that's a hell of a decision to make without consulting your wife. Also maybe call your Aunt and tell her the senator she likes is a con man? Maybe tell the major Metropolitan Newspaper that you WORK for!?!

I don't think Peter has connected "Yates, the guy I heard is running for senator" and "Yates, the security company running a scam" in his head yet. I don't know that he ever will.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

MorningMoon posted:

ACTUALLY

the puppy stays for at least the next six years!!!

i don't know when he leaves us, but at the very least he's around during the original Belogi arc of 1995

Ever since i looked up the Belogi stuff it was barking at me that very random bit about them having a dog. Then last summer it came back as a super intrusive thought and I figured I could try and solve the dog mystery. That got me into Newspaper.com and stuff. I found the Hugo Belogi arc and that the puppy was real. I thought of just like sharing that, but then I figured I could share a couple random arcs that looked good in order to find the dog's origin; "Well, they obviously got the dog together so the wedding should be my starting point", then the arc after the wedding was the wrestling epic and I knew I had to get that, and then lo and behold the immediate next arc is the dog arc, so at that point I figured I'd just stay for the long haul so we can all see the era of Peter and MJ having this perfect puppy for years that'll vanish sometime in the 3 year gap between Belogi 1 and Talking Gorilla.

Oh drat, oh dang, I am legit excited for this phase! I had no idea this had even happened, much less it had turned into a status quo that lasted some good years.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Kantesu posted:

I don't think Peter has connected "Yates, the guy I heard is running for senator" and "Yates, the security company running a scam" in his head yet. I don't know that he ever will.
"Wait, what if Yates...is secretly Yates! :spidey:"

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Goddamnit.

Jerusalem posted:

I have zero memory from any of the strips

Good news, neither do they!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cops: Spider-Man just abducted two people in plain sight and said he was doing it just for fun... oh well, it's not our job to protect and serve :shrug:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

love u Lergnom

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
That's an awful loving name, but it's very precious to see Peter just taking candid pictures for once.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

[He mustn't suspect I'm testing him!] Hey, would you mind doing a quick test?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
I mean, Pete's here to take pictures for a major metropolitan newspaper. Rigby went to that newspaper demanding coverage. He should expect some testing of his extraordinary claims.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"I must be free out in the world, where I could unwillingly turn into a rampaging unstoppable monster at any moment!"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm sorry, I'm just not sure the public should be exposed to that particular condition

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Murdstone posted:

"I must be free out in the world, where I could unwillingly turn into a rampaging unstoppable monster at any moment!"

It's a smart play. Being a dangerous, super-powered being with no self control and a refusal to take responsibility for their actions, really speaks to Pete on a personal level.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm sorry, I'm just not sure the public should be exposed to that particular condition

Newspaper Spider-Man was sent from the future using bad AI art! :stare:

S40CheckingAccount
Jan 14, 2024

Captain Hygiene posted:

Cannot unsee.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Bruce searching for the cure:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Oh boy, it's a "Peter is broke and going to do something stupid to get money" arc!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Has he tried wrestling yet??

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Shouldn’t he have some cash left over from wrestling.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Shouldn’t he have some cash left over from wrestling.

He quit before they could pay him. Alternatively, he spent all the money on plane tickets/the night they spent in the hotel in LA.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
What the gently caress happened to Peter here? :gonk:

Also, Peter, you didn't buy the alarm because it was a bullshit bait & switch for a stupid bell, c'mon

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

With Robert Goulet as Peter Parker

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I think this panel could get some use.

Good job, Peter.

I think that actually is the end of this Hulk story.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

He only destroyed a bunch of peoples' private property and damaged public infrastructure because someone said Spider-Man could beat him, nbd

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Holy poo poo, he really did just gently caress off and go hitchhiking

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Sockser posted:

Holy poo poo, he really did just gently caress off and go hitchhiking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbRCAHBvC5c

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Captain Hygiene posted:

He only destroyed a bunch of peoples' private property and damaged public infrastructure because someone said Spider-Man could beat him, nbd
https://i.imgur.com/cGtGrQC.mp4

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

I think this panel could get some use.

:ohdear:

I like how MJ starts taking off her jacket, then duplicates it, and finally takes it off again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I don’t know Peter, it depends on what type of Telekintic he is, like if heavy objects take more effort he’s not that impressive. He hasn’t even shown he can affect people.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

davidspackage posted:

:ohdear:

I like how MJ starts taking off her jacket, then duplicates it, and finally takes it off again.

Dupes and promt swaps are allowed in any% Spidey runs.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That Hulk arc is amazing, what was the point? :lol:

Also a major part of the story was that Hulk WAS going to obliterate Spider-Man if MJ hadn't run in to intervene!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

and that's it for the first ever meeting of Peter and Bruce Banner in NSM? lol. alos MJ, Hulk was literally about to kill Peter.

love the last panel on both of these so much

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Peter you just quit your job as a wrestler, which was the primary reason you refused. Accept the job.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

How old is Peter here, anyway? I'm assuming early 20s, but I feel like it vacillates between about 20 and 50 based on the art in this era.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
"I wish I had more money"

"Hey, have you reconsidered this job that would pay you money?"

"But I'm MARRIED now!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Three robberies in progress. Go to one of them. I don't care which one. Leave me alone. Over."