Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

wheat!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
It's 2024 and there are still awful manchildren who think Scott Pilgrim is about a really cool Mary Sue getting the girl and having epic fights

It's been 14 years since the comic ended/the movie was released.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Yes, being in a relationship with taylor swift is gay.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Coolness Averted posted:

It's 2024 and there are still awful manchildren who think Scott Pilgrim is about a really cool Mary Sue getting the girl and having epic fights

It's been 14 years since the comic ended/the movie was released.

There's a new series, isn't there?

Bugsy posted:

She has sex in public?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
If I say I'm gay does that mean I can date Taylor Swift?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

credburn posted:

It came out in November of last year but technically yes

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

credburn posted:

Yeah, these are dudes complaining that 'Scott Pilgrim Takes Off' focuses on the rest of the cast. The first episode is basically a recap of the movie and from there it's about the rest of the cast, since Scott takes off. It's a sequel series and hews a bit closer to the comic's themes about all of the characters growing as people. A big part of it is also about deconstructing Ramona as a manic pixie dreamgirl.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah, these are dudes complaining that 'Scott Pilgrim Takes Off' focuses on the rest of the cast. The first episode is basically a recap of the movie and from there it's about the rest of the cast, since Scott takes off. It's a sequel series and hews a bit closer to the comic's themes about all of the characters growing as people. A big part of it is also about deconstructing Ramona as a manic pixie dreamgirl.

And illustrating that Scott is a piece of poo poo (well, at least starts off that way)

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Bugsy posted:

do you think the quarterback guy is gay haha what do you think he does while taylor is on tour haha just asking for jokes hahaha do you think hemight be gay what would it be like if he was gay haha

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Maybe the OP is gay because he doesn’t see much value in a woman other than her breeding potential; while regular humans understand that women can also have thoughts and feelings and pretty much all the same stuff men have.

I do kind of love how little Swift has to do to anger them. Like just breathing will have them raging about her using up precious oxygen supplies.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Bugsy posted:

I don't know this Owen Benjamin, but it's pretty clear he's very low quality. For anybody.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Shazback posted:

I don't know this Owen Benjamin, but it's pretty clear he's very low quality. For anybody.

He was a comedian who threw his career away because he couldn't not say racial slurs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Air Skwirl posted:

If I say I'm gay does that mean I can date Taylor Swift?

Travis Kelce would probably object to that.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

do you think the quarterback guy is gay haha what do you think he does while taylor is on tour haha just asking for jokes hahaha do you think hemight be gay what would it be like if he was gay haha

Owen was inspired by Doug Stanhope's breast cancer bit big time

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Bugsy posted:

I like how he describes Travis Kelce as a "rich famous guy", as if Taylor swift isn't literally 100x more famous and rich.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Spalec posted:

I like how he describes Travis Kelce as a "rich famous guy", as if Taylor swift isn't literally 100x more famous and rich.

Not to mention framing a musician at 34 as more washed than a football player at the same age.
Swift could retire tomorrow and make more off of royalties than this dude will ever make in featured spots at the Chuckle Barn in Tampa He'll need to hustle for those gigs, meanwhile even if her voice winds up completely shot Vegas residencies will pay her more for a season than he'll make in the rest of his career.

"I just don't think that lady will squeeze out many more babies, and beauty fades"
/

my dude, you've had a rough 43 years

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Star Wars is the past, like Lord of the Rings, and Star Trek is the future, it all makes sense now.

Also kinda funny given I'm pretty sure Stargate has pretty obvious equivalents to the Borg AND the Death Star. They'd probably already have prior art.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

DRINK ME posted:

women can also have thoughts and feelings and pretty much all the same stuff men have.

Are you sure that is true? Someone would have mentioned something about it before now if it was.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Shazback posted:

He is such a Nazi even Wikipedia straight out calls him one, among other things.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Coolness Averted posted:

It's also quite droll, well animated and most of the V.A.s are having an absolute blast doing it (esp. Chris Evans and Satya Bhabha).

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

gschmidl posted:

He is such a Nazi even Wikipedia straight out calls him one, among other things.

I used to follow him on Twitter because he was a guest on a podcast hosted by Sal and Q from Impractical Jokers and he was reasonably funny. Then he got backlash over a joke and from then on it was like he was determined to prove the haters right by doubling down. After a while his tweets became nothing but alt-right bullshit and failed attempts to own the libs.

I'm mildly curious if he was always a piece of poo poo or if something happened to make him Glinner himself, but not curious enough to bother finding out.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bugsy posted:

Wait she's had sex publicly? Eww.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

The whole chud media apparatus is starting to spin up a war against Swift. Which I'm sure is going to go... well for them.

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1752492009682505752?s=19

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

it's important to find new and innovative ways to alienate the youth

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

grittyreboot posted:

The whole chud media apparatus is starting to spin up a war against Swift. Which I'm sure is going to go... well for them.

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1752492009682505752?s=19

Seems legit.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I should have stopped reading at “Pentagon Psychological Operations Group” but I really needed the final sentence saying his post is not a conspiracy theory, because it is just a list of conspiracy theories.

Soros didn’t buy her catalog; famously Scooter Braun (the dumbest named man in music) did, when he bought the label. It was a whole big thing because Swift does not like him.

Apparently since then Scooter has sold the catalog to Shamrock Holdings, which is the Disney family’s private investment firm. Not Soros twice.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Schubalts posted:

Do the Mormons have assassins

They've probably killed about as many people as NOI and Scientology combined (at least a couple hundred)and are the only one of them that has actually fought an open war of secession against the United States.

Not that Scientology wouldn't 100% try it given the chance (and probably have at least a few people buried in the desert)

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 11:33 on Jan 31, 2024

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

tokin opposition posted:

For the record the Idiocracy is caring about any of the star* series because they all suck rear end

Read blindsight for good scifi

Having read one book written by Watts and having sternly resolved never to read another, I can only assume this is a joke recommendation.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

PurpleXVI posted:

Having read one book written by Watts and having sternly resolved never to read another, I can only assume this is a joke recommendation.

?

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Peter watts female characters ftw lol

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

going into space with the lady who lives in the final fantasy house and is married to sephiroth ftw

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
everything is so stupid all the time now lol

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1752442289203318975

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

He's not wrong. I don't see swifties committing to armed insurgency any time soon.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Nobody Interesting posted:

He's not wrong. I don't see swifties committing to armed insurgency any time soon.

Yeah that’s something you expect more from K pop fans if anyone

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I see a great opportunity

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

I'll become a swiftie if it means I get to commit to armed insurgency, does that count?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol at them thinking they can do anything to Swift

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Me, the greatest Taylor Swift fan, adorned in Taylor Swift merchandise (a 1989 baseball cap and 2018 tour t-shirt), descend onto the House floor - illegally - from the viewing gallery, ready to arrest Nancy Pelosi for treason. "Shake it off!" I cry, urging my comrades to shake off the shackles of oppression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was going to say that's probably only because she hasn't asked them to. I think they both would try and would succeed.