Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

President Biden’s United Nations (U.N.) ambassador called for “fundamental changes” to the U.N. Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) before the United States resumes funding to the body.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4438517-biden-un-ambassador-fundamental-changes-unrwa-funding/

thats funny didn't biden run on "fundamental changes" in 2020?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Siffl posted:

Here you go~

is forums user probably magic pro anti or indifferent to the subject of kansas university football the presentation of the avatar is somewhat ambiguous on this point

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Bootleg Trunks posted:

President Biden’s United Nations (U.N.) ambassador called for “fundamental changes” to the U.N. Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) before the United States resumes funding to the body.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4438517-biden-un-ambassador-fundamental-changes-unrwa-funding/

thats funny didn't biden run on "fundamental changes" in 2020?

https://www.salon.com/2019/06/19/joe-biden-to-rich-donors-nothing-would-fundamentally-change-if-hes-elected/

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
https://twitter.com/WedgeLIVE/status/1752454138934550760

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Some Guy TT posted:

is forums user probably magic pro anti or indifferent to the subject of kansas university football the presentation of the avatar is somewhat ambiguous on this point

Yes.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This is actually John posting on his EX(!)-wife's account

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ytlaya posted:

This is actually John posting on his EX(!)-wife's account

Nah, not enough Israeli flag emojis.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, their vision of Trump is just so loving weird. I know why it is (because they're constantly being shown clips and memes about how Trump is this demented psychopath who has spent his entire life trying to become a hitler), but it just clashes so much with reality.

I've mentioned this before, but the best window into this mindset is the portrayal of Trump in that Comey miniseries - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkvt2WeQ_Qw

They basically perceive Trump as this psychopath who is constantly on the verge of violently executing everyone around him. Like an unstable mob boss or something.

Comey is a huge reason he was president instead of Abuelita, so it's pretty funny that libs have decided he's a poor put-upon victim.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

So FF gets probed the same day the right restarts anti-Catholic bigotry? Okay, I see how it is.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, their vision of Trump is just so loving weird. I know why it is (because they're constantly being shown clips and memes about how Trump is this demented psychopath who has spent his entire life trying to become a hitler), but it just clashes so much with reality.

I've mentioned this before, but the best window into this mindset is the portrayal of Trump in that Comey miniseries - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkvt2WeQ_Qw

They basically perceive Trump as this psychopath who is constantly on the verge of violently executing everyone around him. Like an unstable mob boss or something.

It's all projection probably

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

More agents of Putin I see.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RadiRoot posted:

More agents of Putin I see.

Putin is doing this to make the Democrats look bad. He is forcing them to discriminate. That son of a bitch...there is no low to which he won't stoop.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Putin is doing this to make the Democrats look bad. He is forcing them to discriminate. That son of a bitch...there is no low to which he won't stoop.

wheres the FBI when we need them?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Putin made me say the n word during the Monday morning all hands and now I’m unemployed because Russia

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I had to say it tho. He was holding my democracy hostage

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1752530121183928711?t=a2dKgXwg9Wcp3f_EBkQ5jg&s=19

I was nodding my head furiously before getting to the final bit

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Idk maybe it’s just me but the guy lost me pretty early, right around beheaded

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

drat fetterman is really pissed

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

SUCC zone claims another life

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The lengths some dudes will go to to get some head...

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1752421962498929075

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

tristeham posted:

drat fetterman is really pissed

anyone seen pfc post lately?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

…with a katana, right? It’s was with a katana, wasn’t it?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Majorian posted:

The lengths some dudes will go to to get some head...

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1kQdjtMPfI

\/\/\/and Trump says they're not sending their best:unsmith:\/\/\/

Majorian has issued a correction as of 06:21 on Jan 31, 2024

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

feel-good video of the week

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
https://www.juneauempire.com/news/peltola-gets-early-exposure-to-pluses-perils-of-reelection-campaign-during-week-with-stop-in-juneau/

...But Saturday’s event began controversially as Naawéiyaa Tagaban, a Juneau artist, concluded a spoken acknowledgment of being on Native land — a now-standard opening at many local public events — by calling for Peltola to denounce the “genocide” occurring in Palestine. He referred to past colonialism against Natives throughout Southeast Alaska and “the Holocaust that happened on European land,” asserting the same is now happening in the dispute that erupted in Gaza last October.

Peltola had not yet arrived in the room, but her communications manager, Shannon Mason, stepped in at that point to make Tagaban give up the microphone.

“We’re not going to do this,” she told him. “I asked you to do a land acknowledgment. This is not what we asked for.”

The confrontation was subsequently posted on Tagaban on his Instagram page, where reader comments include a demand for an apology from Peltola and Mason, and a firm declaration by Peltola about her stance regarding the situation in Gaza.

[....]

Attempts by the Empire to contact Tagaban about his comments resulted in a response from Phil Moser, a member of the group Juneau For Palestine, who said members have attempted to contact Peltola’s office as well as other members of Alaska’s congressional delegation to discuss the situation in Gaza without getting a response. A statement issued by the group to the Empire after the event declared “this is the land acknowledgment that the speakers had hoped would reach Mary.”

“With a land acknowledgment it’s not meant to be simple,” Moser said. “It’s not meant to be easy. It is a gift from the speaker. And it is a conferring of the gift of the land that you’re on, and the people that you are relating to and your responsibility as a guest on that land. Representative Peltola, more than most as our lone representative for the entire state, has a unique responsibility to the state of Alaska.”

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Officer Sandvich posted:

https://www.juneauempire.com/news/peltola-gets-early-exposure-to-pluses-perils-of-reelection-campaign-during-week-with-stop-in-juneau/

...But Saturday’s event began controversially as Naawéiyaa Tagaban, a Juneau artist, concluded a spoken acknowledgment of being on Native land — a now-standard opening at many local public events — by calling for Peltola to denounce the “genocide” occurring in Palestine.

Peltola had not yet arrived in the room, but her communications manager, Shannon Mason, stepped in at that point to make Tagaban give up the microphone.

“We’re not going to do this,” she told him. “I asked you to do a land acknowledgment. This is not what we asked for.”

hahaahaha

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

gradenko_2000 posted:

So FF gets probed the same day the right restarts anti-Catholic bigotry? Okay, I see how it is.

how is she even still around lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

not a refutation

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

1 billion years in the future when humanity has colonized the known universe, while some humans live on planets all across the galaxies, most humans live on The Pink – a massive, artificial intelligence structure made of both metal and organic flesh which stretches across the cosmos and grows on her own. The Pink looks like a neuron network that wraps around entire star systems and planets, turning the skies of planets pink, the color of which gave The Pink her name.

The Pink provides everything for the humans who live on The Pink, in a utopia, free from the dangers of living on planets like wars, scarce resources, and harsh climates. Humans on The Pink have evolved to the most optimum level physically, their lives are perfect, and they are all happy. The Pink now drives humanity’s technological progress and expansion, and the humans who live on The Pink rely on The Pink for everything: food, shelter, security, entertainment – even reproduction. The Pink has her own personality, and, a cult of personality who worships her as a God. The Pink however, has her own plans for humanity and the universe - to begin devouring enough planets (with people on them), stars, and other celestial bodies to gain enough mass to become the most massive object in the universe so that everything revolves around The Pink.

When Proto, one of the highest ranking officials of The Pink, learns of The Pink’s plans to reengineer the celestial mechanics of the universe so that everything becomes dependent upon The Pink’s existence, he rallies the citizens of the planets, including cyborgs, and AI deemed inferior by The Pink, and leads a rebellion against The Pink to try to stop The Pink before it’s too late. The war is fought everywhere The Pink is found – across the billions of lightyears of galaxies in the known universe... involving armies with septillions of humans, cyborgs, and robots.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's really funny that the token minority they brought in to do a ritual absolution for the entire history of white people went off script.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

:lol:at it coming from one those nafo dumbfucks of all people

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

They forgot "eat hot chip and lie."

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Lol that the fetterman thing was just a rumor on twitter, they reactivated just for that

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

my favorite part of this fantasy is how it requires we all pretend not to remember the factoid of eugene debs literally running a presidential campaign from jail despite it being one of the few parts of american history class nearly everyone remembers because its funny

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

is ann coulter fetterman's new wife

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Baudolino posted:

This is not a great argument but Biden`s main draw is not being Trump. What else is there? For that to work you dont need to beleive he will get trough the next term alive or minimally cognitive capable. He just needs to have a pulse until the last vote has been counted in november. That`s not so unrealistic.

cant help but feel like for the most important election of our lifetimes we should maybe consider a candidate with a draw thats not just not being trump given that literally anyone who is not trump also has the advantage of not being trump

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
doesnt exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

RadiRoot posted:

wheres the FBI when we need them?

too busy coercing neurodivergent young arab-American men into claiming they're terrorists