Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Alley Oop

Curtis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

~Coxy posted:

If you accept that there's meat companies that prey on herbivores to sell product, then it follows that there would be seafood companies that hunt whales.
Heck, it would be more moral by the rules of that world.

And it makes sense since whales don't wear clothes, so they are all considered wild and able to be hunted!

Logic, it's not just for Shockwave anymore.

Echoing the "TAKE YOUR BABY TO THE loving DOCTOR" for WAR, and holy poo poo I am surprised they ran this again in FOOB .

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Cowslips Warren posted:

And it makes sense since whales don't wear clothes, so they are all considered wild and able to be hunted!

Logic, it's not just for Shockwave anymore.

Echoing the "TAKE YOUR BABY TO THE loving DOCTOR" for WAR, and holy poo poo I am surprised they ran this again in FOOB .

I think Lynn stopped monitoring the strips around the same time she gave up updating them to fit modern times, I would be shocked if she even knew which strip was running today. She just cash check, draw robot.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Hwurmp posted:

apparently so

loving lol @ the Chroniclers of Mozz pretending they have a right to talk

Huh! Well, I guess if you've been drawing Phantom comics on and off for years, you could lose touch on how much the average reader knows and is interested in old storylines. Maybe there's an intended audience out there and this commentary is really landing with them, but I don't get it at all.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Cul de Sac

FoxTrot Classix

COMPUTERS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! GOODNIGHT!

Rose is Rose

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Ah yes, ringtones, definitely a thing in 2024.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Brought To You By Patron Requests

Jesus Christ This Took Me A Second

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Bluebeard Affair

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
The Phantom: The Mysterious Chain

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Angular Cyrus posted:

So happy white man and his dad were there to stop the savages murdering each other.

Seriously though, thanks for dredging this up.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Angular Cyrus posted:

Thanks for digging this up! This makes the current run a bit clearer, though I still have questions as to why.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

Thanks for digging this up! This makes the current run a bit clearer, though I still have questions as to why.

With the fill-in art, it feels like the writer is just killing time until the regular artist recovers from his health issues.

Oh, and some good news: it looks like Will Henry's hometown paper brought Wallace the Brave back.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 31, 2024

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

With the fill-in art, it feels like the writer is just killing time until the regular artist recovers from his health issues.

I think you're on the money there. Kinda nice, if it's that.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

Yeah, but you know, this one time one of them said something and then the other ones disagreed and also one of them suggested formula when she didn't want to do that, so obviously all of them are quacks and Mama knows best.

Angular Cyrus posted:

"YOU LITTLE loving SHITS WILL YOU STOP BITCHING ABOUT OLD MAN MOZZ DON'T YOU KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF loving PATIENCE IF YOU DON'T SHUT UP I WILL TELL YOU THIS loving CHAIN STORY RIGHT NOW SO HELP ME GOD BUT I WILL DO IT IN THE SARCASTIC 'QUIPPING' STYLE YOU SEEM TO LIKE"

Luann

We are supposed to believe she is a talented writer. Not that the prompt is anything to get excited about, but even so. Come on.

Gil Thorp

Home Free

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Selachian posted:

Oh, and some good news: it looks like Will Henry's hometown paper brought Wallace the Brave back.
Hell yeah.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Something is clearly wrong with your kid. Take him to the drat doctor.
Isn't this just a phase some babies go through where they have trouble sleeping if they're not in constant movement? It's exhausting for everyone involved, but I've heard enough stories of it being a fairly common thing that going to the doctor doesn't usually resolve because there's not a medical issue causing their discomfort. It's not a bad idea to go to the doctor to double-check if there's something causing it, but you're just yelling at the comic because you think the author is lovely about doctors at this point when she's talking about a different issue here.

Wikipedia says less than 5% of babies with excess fussiness or crying issues have an underlying medical issue that can be pinpointed as a cause, obviously you still want to take your baby in to check if they're in that 5% but a lot of times aren't you just going to have to deal with it or try to figure out if there's something environmental causing it (maybe the sound of the TV?)

EDIT: My point isn't that you shouldn't take your baby to the doctor if they're suddenly starting to fuss, especially if they're getting fussy in a way that had been unusual for them before, since obviously you should. But this is a retrospective, and if the issue didn't end up being medical she might not include that.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 31, 2024

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Selachian posted:

how will the citizens of rhode island learn about suburban north east ohio now???

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Meanwhile Tik Tok is going wild over the Orange Peel Test*. I guess Fritzi doesn't really love Nancy. :(

* You ask your significant other to peel an orange for you (an easy task that either one of you could do no problem) and if he refuses, you are in a bad relationship

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
The Family Upstairs/The Dingbat Family(August 3, 1910)

Baron Bean(February 2, 1916)

Positive Polly/Polly and Her Pals()

No strip for Wednesday, January 1, 1912

Gasoline Alley()

No strip for Wednesday, September 21, 1919

Us Boys(December 3, 1911)

The Gumps(February 28, 1917)

Krazy Kat(November 26, 1913)

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

-

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

Because he wants you to murder your boyfriend. Frankly, at this point I agree.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
incredible drawings of sleepless desperation

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Selachian posted:

"Will said he includes a seagull in 99% of the strips as a nod to the saying that once you move to Rhode Island, you're assigned a seagull to follow you around to look for food."

That is a great explanation.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Julet Esqu posted:

Because he wants you to murder your boyfriend. Frankly, at this point I agree.
I think it's pretty funny she's like 'he steps up massively during the day but oh my god, at night...'

To be fair, that's not too bad on a 3 hour cycle depending on if that's mid sleep cycle or not for you, but oh boy, when the insomnia starts hitting...

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I was kind of wondering when we were going to get to the restless nights of crying and insomnia for no good obvious reason. The baby is how old at this point in the story? 7-8 months?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The Wandering Culinarian

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Yeaaah, given how the queen has been played like a fiddle this entire arc so far by the people who clearly have it in for Flash? I give it three in-universe months before anyone realizes he's been hosed over.

Something is clearly wrong with your kid. Take him to the drat doctor.

Not necessarily. I was apparently a colicky little baby, only way they could get me to stop was to get in the car and do laps of our block
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...ay%20have%20it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I think Ziggy called a mafia front.

Hostile V posted:

Brought To You By Patron Requests

Is this supposed to be a joke on Plan B pills? Rabies shots? The thing that famously prevents you from going insane and then dying?

quote:

and you get a marriage, and you get a marriage! Marriages for every character!

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 1, 2024

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

~Coxy posted:

If you accept that there's meat companies that prey on herbivores to sell product, then it follows that there would be seafood companies that hunt whales.
Heck, it would be more moral by the rules of that world.

You're absolutely right, I don't know why that surprised me so much. This loving comic, I swear.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I think it's just cuz around this time the anti vacc movement was really sparking up. Or atleast enough that Holbrook had heard of it.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Yeah it's a joke about parents not vaccinating their kids which. That's not how rabies vaccines work but like Holbrook cares.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I generally can't bring myself to care about anything happening here, but I need to know if I'm hallucinating - wasn't the hedgehog/bat an infant just like a post or two ago? I could swear

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 4/7-9/52

Archie 6/6-8/49

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 12/30/76 - 1/1/77

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

hexwren posted:

I generally can't bring myself to care about anything happening here, but I need to know if I'm hallucinating - wasn't the hedgehog/bat an infant just like a post or two ago? I could swear
She was born in 2018 and she's aging in realtime so now she's like six in the current day.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Hostile V posted:

She was born in 2018 and she's aging in realtime so now she's like six in the current day.

and that's the one current-year strip in the bunch, now I see it

god that's annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"As a non-CPA, he has nothing to live for anyways."

F MInus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

More like group ugh.

The Phantom

I don't care if we all read it already you're reading it again.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G