Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Well he's at least up to "H" in the yellow pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Yes, why would a football player want to date/ marry a beautiful billionare music artist?

Really makes no sense at all

The gently caress is with these freaks and FEEMALE fertility?

Holy gently caress Creeplord alert

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

TulliusCicero posted:

Yes, why would a football player want to date/ marry a beautiful billionare music artist?

fellas is it gay to date Taylor Swift asking for a friend :ohdear:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Hunter's hogs gangtag for my multiple hotdog probes in the last thread plz

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

Families with surnames that are also first names should be sterilized. They all end up complete weirdos like whoever Owen Benjamin is.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

He is for sure not paying Habba

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I'm going to keep showing pictures of his dong in congress until I get a Hunter's Hog gangtag.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Says the guy who visited a town devastated by fire and got the name wrong.
"What we saw at Pleasure was just -"
"Paradise!"
"-at Pleasure, it was so -"
"Paradise!"
"What we saw at Paradise, was just terrible. Mike, take a note, when we get back we're doing an EO rename it to Pleasure."

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Don't sign your Truths

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Everyone pretending to be too cool to know who Taylor Swift is should check her out, she writes good songs.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Raged posted:

If Tay Tay told her fans to take over the capital it would be more organised and effective than any chud "revolution"

Most importantly though it would have style, flair and sick dancing.

lol imagine if Taylor swift told her fans to stand down and stand by

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
Some things to keep in mind in advance of Engoron's ruling today:

- Both the Trump org AND Donald Trump HIMSELF are named defendants in this case.
- The Trump org had already been found liable for fraud back in September. Today's ruling is similar to the recent Carroll case in that it will, in part, decide on penalties for that fraud.
- The other claims that will be decided today include falsifying business records, fraud (including insurance fraud), and conspiracy.
- The NYAG initially sought $250 million in damages as well as barring Trump from operating in the state of New York. It was later argued that damages should be closer to $370 million to factor in profits made.
- The September ruling already ordered that Trump's New York business certificates be canceled. That order is on hold pending appeal.
- The Trump org was instructed in October to provide the court with a list of receivers (organizations that will take ownership) of not only the Trump org itself, but also any other companies owned or controlled by Trump himself, Eric and Don Jr., and two other executives at the Trump org.
- All of those individuals will need to notify the court of any transfer of ownership of any of those companies.
- During closing arguments in this case, Trump pulled the same bitch-baby storm-out move as he did in the Carroll case. And that was after he pulled the same loudmouthed unable to keep his mouth shut ranting as he did in the Carroll case.
- Forbes estimates Trump's liquid assets to be around $426 million. The established $83.3 million ruling in the Carroll case plus an assumed judgement of $370 million in the fraud case would substantially exceed his available cash on hand, which will stymie any sort of appeals.
- In addition, Trump is also liable for legal expenses for his four criminal IN-DICK-THE-BULL offenses: The Stormy Daniels "hush money" investigation, the 37 felony counts related to the Mar-a-Lago documents investigation, the grand jury indictment related to January 6th, and the Georgia election interference case. We can also safely assume he hasn't yet paid his legal counsel in the Carroll case.
- Alina Habba and her firm are OUT as counsel, as Trump has publicly stated that he is interviewing other law firms to appeal the Carroll ruling.
- Judge Engaron is at least as annoyed with Trump's courtroom behavior as Judge Kaplan.

In short...

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Gonna be pretty lol if he doesn't drop it today

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

He is for sure not paying Habba
:smugdon::wrong:

https://www.newsweek.com/alina-habbas-firm-has-been-paid-over-35m-defend-trump-1862002 posted:

A Newsweek analysis of FEC records found that between February 2022 and June 2023, Habba's New Jersey law firm, Habba Madaio & Associates LLP, received $3,586,350 from Save America and Make America Great Again PAC, two Trump-aligned political action committees.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

withak posted:

Update: I don’t think Taylor actually needs to tell her fans who to vote for, she just has to start ridiculing Trump over his many flaws and this thing will be over.

This all started when she told people to register to vote. That's it. The republican position is that fewer people should be voting, and so the fact that she encouraged it at all makes her public enemy number one.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
When did Trump announce Habba was no longer going to be his lawyer?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Taylor poo poo

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

That was before she lost the Carroll case because, like her client, she's a big loser. Now that she lost (because she's a big loser), she's been fired and it's a safe bet he won't pay her anything else.

I hope she sues him for monies owed.

Hollismason posted:

When did Trump announce Habba was no longer going to be his lawyer?

Late last night.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Shishkahuben posted:

This all started when she told people to register to vote. That's it. The republican position is that fewer people should be voting, and so the fact that she encouraged it at all makes her public enemy number one.

don't forget the latent misogyny

this is the same party arguing against no-fault divorce

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

He was a "bully" lmao

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Shishkahuben posted:

The only other thing I can think of is she took a minor dig at Trump when she called Sen. Marsha Blackburn "Trump in a wig" and that Blackburn "terrified" her. That was back in 2020. Given that her career spans many years she's pretty much apolitical.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

WHY BONER NOW posted:

lol imagine if Taylor swift told her fans to stand down and stand by

:habba: it was “stand BACK and stand by” because Biden challenged him to tell them to stand down and he couldn’t be told what to do so he made up his own little riff just to show

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fwiw we have no idea if we're actually getting a ruling today. It'd be fun don't get me wrong but a lot of people itt seem to think it's a done deal definitely happening today and I'm just saying temper your expectations.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

And was that also when he popped into a sandwich shop and declared “food for all!” like he was going to pay, and then just left?

no that was after his arraignment in Miami for the documents case

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Your constant reminder that Joe Concha is the "the real victim of Jerry Sandusky was Joe Paterno, gently caress those those meddlesome kids" guy, and the "Hello 15 year old girls of the internet, I would like to hire one of you to walk around Boston with me for a day to scientifically prove Brett Kavanaugh didn't rape anyone. You will be fairly compensated for your time" guy.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Judge Engoron is a frequent visitor to SA so every time you post demanding he release his judgment he pushes back the publishing by the day

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

tek79 posted:

The only other thing I can think of is she took a minor dig at Trump when she called Sen. Marsha Blackburn "Trump in a wig" and that Blackburn "terrified" her. That was back in 2020. Given that her career spans many years she's pretty much apolitical.

I doubt this year she actually needs to say anything political to her fans other than get out and vote. If they're following news about her at all they'd of heard how poo poo maga assholes are currently being to her. Not the worst motivation to vote anyone but trump.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Judge Engoron is a frequent visitor to SA so every time you post demanding he release his judgment he pushes back the publishing by the day

STOP THE COUNT!

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Seth Pecksniff posted:

He is the right age range for this website….

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I hope his next law team uses gaming laptops too. Be sweet to see another team of clickers wipe a raid for him cuz they can’t mouse turn.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Engoron and his family are being moved to a secure location,before releasing the ruling.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wait someone clear something up for me Trump org AND Trump personally are on the hook for the ruling. I thought it was just Trump org.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Wait someone clear something up for me Trump org AND Trump personally are on the hook for the ruling. I thought it was just Trump org.

It's Donald, Eric, Jr and a couple execs I believe

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
It should also be noted that appeal in the Carroll case may not even be possible - precisely BECAUSE Alina Habba is such a terrible lawyer. To appeal a ruling, there needs to be preservation of error. That is, raising arguments during litigation which can later be reviewed by an appellate court. Habba (metaphorically) hosed Trump countless times during the trial because, despite :habba:, she didn't ever :habba: at the right times. Most notably, when exhibits were repeatedly entered into evidience - NO OBJECTION.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

tek79 posted:

Nah it’s the voting thing. Which is funny as people were getting annoyed at her constant appearances before that. If they left it alone it could have maybe worked out for them

But no they decided to drag her into the culture war so now people will Stan her just to spite them. Absolutely pointless

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Give him a sixer so he gets on with it

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

kazil posted:

It's Donald, Eric, Jr and a couple execs I believe

Oh wow did not know that. So how are they going to determine how much each person is responsible for? Or is just split evenly?

Like 200 million judgement and its split 8 ways

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/30/rfk-jr-trump-donors-independent-00138723

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

explosivo posted:

Fwiw we have no idea if we're actually getting a ruling today. It'd be fun don't get me wrong but a lot of people itt seem to think it's a done deal definitely happening today and I'm just saying temper your expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

He's going to make a documentary about it and when the verdict goes up its just going to be Super Hornio Bros. 2