Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

SixteenShells posted:

i always saw it as a magic spell that erases guilt and proves your virtue

i think like... twice ever, I've seen a land acknowledgement that mentioned concrete actions the person was taking to redress the theft

I've only seen them at boygenius concerts, but at least they let them talk about stuff related to the tribes and even a land back slogan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"No, I love genocide!"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
this is literally just people hearing “Kennedy” and being like “oh poo poo we don’t have to vote for Biden?” maybe something for the dems to think about

WISCONSIN
Trump 43% (+8)
Biden 35%
Kennedy 10%
Stein 2%
West 0%
MICHIGAN
Trump 43% (+6)
Biden 37%
Kennedy 8%
West 1%
Stein 1%
PENNSYLVANIA
Trump 43% (+3)
Biden 40%
Kennedy 7%
West 1%
Stein 1%
NORTH CAROLINA
Trump 45% (+13)
Biden 32%
Kennedy 9%
West 1%
Stein 1%
ARIZONA
Trump 43% (+8)
Biden 35%
Kennedy 10%
West 1%
Stein 1%
GEORGIA
Trump 44% (+7)
Biden 37%
Kennedy 8%
West 1%
Stein 1%
NEVADA
Trump 43% (+12)
Biden 31%
Kennedy 12%
Stein 2%
West 1%

4,956 RV, 1/16-22

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Joementum posted:

this is literally just people hearing “Kennedy” and being like “oh poo poo we don’t have to vote for Biden?” maybe something for the dems to think about

joe biden plotting the next kennedy assassination by trying to look up "corn pop" in an old phone book

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Joementum posted:

No

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Joementum posted:

actually i think people not liking Joe Biden is an asset!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

:qq:

"The resolution City Council approved uplifts the history of Palestinians, and all but erases that of Israeli Jews," Frey wrote in his veto letter. "Including some people's history as valid, truthful, and righteous as it may be, while ignoring others, is neither progressive nor inclusive. That's not in keeping with the Minneapolis I know and love."

:qq:

(remember when he joined the BLM march?)

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 21:08 on Jan 31, 2024

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Joementum posted:

WISCONSIN
Trump 43% (+8)
Biden 35%
Kennedy 10%
Stein 2%
West 0%
MICHIGAN
Trump 43% (+6)
Biden 37%
Kennedy 8%
West 1%
Stein 1%
PENNSYLVANIA
Trump 43% (+3)
Biden 40%
Kennedy 7%
West 1%
Stein 1%
NORTH CAROLINA
Trump 45% (+13)
Biden 32%
Kennedy 9%
West 1%
Stein 1%
ARIZONA
Trump 43% (+8)
Biden 35%
Kennedy 10%
West 1%
Stein 1%
GEORGIA
Trump 44% (+7)
Biden 37%
Kennedy 8%
West 1%
Stein 1%
NEVADA
Trump 43% (+12)
Biden 31%
Kennedy 12%
Stein 2%
West 1%

4,956 RV, 1/16-22

The CIA is going to grease another Kennedy

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

quote:

"The resolution City Council approved uplifts the history of Palestinians, and all but erases that of Israeli Jews," Frey wrote in his veto letter. "Including some people's history as valid, truthful, and righteous as it may be, while ignoring others, is neither progressive nor inclusive. That's not in keeping with the Minneapolis I know and love."

lmao yeah how dare you erase Israel's vibrant history of being a Rhodesian-rear end imperialist occupation state.

quote:

Frey and several council members opposed to the resolution said they could support a call for a ceasefire that stopped short of calling for an end to U.S. military aid to Israel and refrained from criticizing Israel. But a last-minute attempt to substitute that more milquetoast language failed.

"Look guys I'd love to support this resolution calling for the end to the ongoing genocide, but saying we should stop sending weapons to the party doing the actual genocide is just too radical for my blood. Tone it down, for goodness's sake." :jerkbag:

Here's the actual text of the resolution, which appears to already have been marked up to be less outright critical of Israel, but apparently this was still untennable.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://x.com/heathercherone/status/1752788012721656118?s=46

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
The parallels to 2016, where both candidates were incredibly unpopular, are obvious. Democrats are diving headfirst into a repeat of that election.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i would say this is not a great sign

https://x.com/politics_polls/status/1752789742465237098?s=46

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Officer Sandvich posted:

https://www.juneauempire.com/news/peltola-gets-early-exposure-to-pluses-perils-of-reelection-campaign-during-week-with-stop-in-juneau/

...But Saturday’s event began controversially as Naawéiyaa Tagaban, a Juneau artist, concluded a spoken acknowledgment of being on Native land — a now-standard opening at many local public events — by calling for Peltola to denounce the “genocide” occurring in Palestine. He referred to past colonialism against Natives throughout Southeast Alaska and “the Holocaust that happened on European land,” asserting the same is now happening in the dispute that erupted in Gaza last October.

Peltola had not yet arrived in the room, but her communications manager, Shannon Mason, stepped in at that point to make Tagaban give up the microphone.

“We’re not going to do this,” she told him. “I asked you to do a land acknowledgment. This is not what we asked for.”

The confrontation was subsequently posted on Tagaban on his Instagram page, where reader comments include a demand for an apology from Peltola and Mason, and a firm declaration by Peltola about her stance regarding the situation in Gaza.

[....]

Attempts by the Empire to contact Tagaban about his comments resulted in a response from Phil Moser, a member of the group Juneau For Palestine, who said members have attempted to contact Peltola’s office as well as other members of Alaska’s congressional delegation to discuss the situation in Gaza without getting a response. A statement issued by the group to the Empire after the event declared “this is the land acknowledgment that the speakers had hoped would reach Mary.”

“With a land acknowledgment it’s not meant to be simple,” Moser said. “It’s not meant to be easy. It is a gift from the speaker. And it is a conferring of the gift of the land that you’re on, and the people that you are relating to and your responsibility as a guest on that land. Representative Peltola, more than most as our lone representative for the entire state, has a unique responsibility to the state of Alaska.”

The newspaper is named the loving Empire???

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

VoicesCanBe posted:

The parallels to 2016, where both candidates were incredibly unpopular, are obvious. Democrats are diving headfirst into a repeat of that election.

Hillary at least had supporters, Biden only has fans of the democratic party

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

VoicesCanBe posted:

You'll vote for who we tell you to vote for

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Yahoo is popular in japan therefore this poll was japanese disinformation

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Hillary at least had supporters, Biden only has fans of the democratic party

:knope:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Most of those No's are people who think he's fit to serve another ten terms

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Th-the-they must not be a legitimate X account! Media literacy!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

MorningConsult
/ Bloomberg News Poll:

WISCONSIN
Trump 49% (+5)
Biden 44%
MICHIGAN
Trump 47% (+5)
Biden 42%
PENNSYLVANIA
Trump 48% (+3)
Biden 45%
NORTH CAROLINA
Trump 49% (+10)
Biden 39%
ARIZONA
Trump 47% (+3)
Biden 44%
GEORGIA
Trump 49% (+8)
Biden 41%
NEVADA
Trump 48% (+8)
Biden 40%

4,956 RV, 1/16-22

thanks for sharing but D&D has already assured me these numbers are either wrong or meaningless, whichever explanation makes Biden look better

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

everyone lib conservative whoever that ive talked to about how much i hate biden brings this up as their first concern about him, every single time

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

like its insane the level to which biden is obviously not mentally or physically equipped for the job to pretty much everyone

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Al! posted:

like its insane the level to which biden is obviously not mentally or physically equipped for the job to pretty much everyone

it's nuts that they think they can hide the fact he literally cannot speak for a whole year

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I assume Trump leading in polls has got to be about the voter screening? I can't imagine there's anyone who is weighing the options and picking Trump over Biden, its just more that nothing about Biden makes anyone want to vote, but Trump has lots of die hard fans who are actually excited to vote for him. So as people drop out of the group of likely to vote, there are more Biden would-be voters dropping than Trump voters

Biden sucks so loving much its wild. If by some wild circumstance I was the sole person who decided which of these two fuckheads became president I don't know what the gently caress I would do. Six months ago it would have been much easier but Biden just loves bombing people.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Joementum posted:

it's nuts that they think they can hide the fact he literally cannot speak for a whole year

there arent going to be debates this year because he would be unable to respond. the trump team should insist on debates, would be an easy win if they appeal to lib honor

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

if Biden could fill out the paperwork to run again I would be amazed. Like I get that you already need to hire a ton of people for that anyway, but for Genocide Joe that's gotta be especially true. Even whatever bare minimum that a person is expected to do has got to be beyond him. People who know how far gone he is are ignoring that because they love being technocrats

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Hmm 23-23, must have been another really contentious resolution that criticizes Isra-

Oh wait no, it's extremely milquetoast and doesn't even call for an end to military aid for Israel, it's just a "hey a ceasefire would be good for both sides because less people would die and maybe those hostages would get released, please do that" and 23 shithead alderpeople still voted no or present, lol.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Al! posted:

Pretty much everyone except his absolute most diehard supporters see it. It's a common thing to joke about.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Didn't this guy run a "Our city's goverment is super racist and defends police brutality, we need change!" campaign AS the incumbent?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol

Chiefs fans were bitching about Taylor being a "locker room distraction" and blaming her for Kelce's mid season slump. It couldn't have had anything to do with the chiefs trying to figure out which receiver was going to step up so defenses just focused on taking Kelce's game away. Also Kelce was still like 15 yards away from an 8th consecutive 1000 yard season

i'm so tired of hearing about Taylor Swift

just wait until she catches the SB game winning TD

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Freybaby is a trust fund brat who wants to make every school a charter school and gently caress everyone over he sucks and I hate him

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

the dems are gonna raise so much sweet sweet cash when trump wins again.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Have you ever heard of the comeback kid? Well Joe Biden is gonna be the comeback grandpa!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Uncle Wemus posted:

Freybaby is a trust fund brat who wants to make every school a charter school and gently caress everyone over he sucks and I hate him

yeah he does, there might be some good candidates that will run against him in the next election (2025 i think). our city council is awesome though, they will overturn his ceasefire veto

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

Andorra posted:

Didn't this guy run a "Our city's goverment is super racist and defends police brutality, we need change!" campaign AS the incumbent?

Yes and you'd be shocked to know he's continued to do nothing about the police except give them even more money.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao that the gop margin for trump is +50 while the dem margin for biden is +34.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Nothus posted:

The CIA is going to grease another Kennedy

remember the other kennedy who tweeted about no one should have to deal with medical bills that would bankrupt them without a lawyer present?

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Joementum posted:

WISCONSIN
Trump 43% (+8)
Biden 35%
Kennedy 10%
Stein 2%
West 0%
MICHIGAN
Trump 43% (+6)
Biden 37%
Kennedy 8%
West 1%
Stein 1%
PENNSYLVANIA
Trump 43% (+3)
Biden 40%
Kennedy 7%
West 1%
Stein 1%
NORTH CAROLINA
Trump 45% (+13)
Biden 32%
Kennedy 9%
West 1%
Stein 1%
ARIZONA
Trump 43% (+8)
Biden 35%
Kennedy 10%
West 1%
Stein 1%
GEORGIA
Trump 44% (+7)
Biden 37%
Kennedy 8%
West 1%
Stein 1%
NEVADA
Trump 43% (+12)
Biden 31%
Kennedy 12%
Stein 2%
West 1%

4,956 RV, 1/16-22

Very interesting that NC is leaning hard red now. I thought the triangle was full of Sillycon Valley transplants turning the place as Dem as can be and the GOP is only holding on to power through the most shameless ratfucking.

GA meanwhile hasn’t swung back as hard as I would have thought given how much this state adores Kemp.

ProperGanderPusher has issued a correction as of 22:05 on Jan 31, 2024

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

What about Stacey Abrams dem outreach organizations in GA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Now that’s a mayor