Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

SettingSun posted:

I recall that Callisto Protocol had illogically placed spiked walls everywhere for you to tele throw not-necromorphs into.

Callisto Protocol had so many spike panels it was actually distracting. They're in every room on every available surface, my headcanon was that it was a security measure so the guards could start flinging prisoners into them if a riot ever broke out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Phlegmish posted:

Might I interest you in Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Played it wayyyy back in the day. The multiplayer was surprisingly fun. I would play Priestess with Stoneskin and the spell that puts a bramble patch on the ground. People would come at me thinking I was a free kill until they were stuck in the brambles and my defense was super high. Then I would bonk them to death with a staff.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Saoshyant posted:

That's not good news. It will just make them not ever produce another cool-rear end game like this one and pivot entirely to the bigger sellers instead.

Of course they were loving stupid in not simultaneously release the game into the PC platform people actually use, but the suits never do the math correctly and just go "uh, no one likes this sort of game".

Yeah. I want it really bad, but it not being on steam makes it so I'll just wait and my fomo died on the sport so neat

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Should probably remove the tweet from your post seeing as it appears to lead to a scam link.

But yeah there are multiple different fake Palworld accounts like this just operating freely I guess because Twitter is (even more of) a nightmare now.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 31, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Phlegmish posted:

Might I interest you in Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Still a top tier game

It's fun that you can just go whole hog and side with your father, Satan, and nothing bad happens (to you) and everything's great for you two

Orv
May 4, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Still a top tier game

It's fun that you can just go whole hog and side with your father, Satan, and nothing bad happens (to you) and everything's great for you two

Dark Messiah walked so Far Cry 4 could run

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
I find it real curious that unlike literally every other major publisher, Ubisoft didn't get a 30% bump to total sales during Covid.

Infact, all the games they put out from around Div 2 on horrifically undersold, oftentimes by 40%+. Just a consistent pattern for every single franchise they had. Very strange how they happened. I really wonder what could have happened around the launch of Division 2 that could cause their total sales to drop so much. Like you'd imagine even if people were sick of certain franchises, they'd still be interested in new products. But I guess not. It's just one of those mysteries for the ages I guess!

Pay no mind to the fact PC marketshare jumped to something like 30-40% during Covid, and console sales have kept dropping. Surely that's not Ubisoft's issue.

It's just one of those weird quirks of gaming I guess. Hopefully they can figure this mystery out! I keep learning they've released new products months after they've come out and already failed!

Oh. Mirage, Avatar, and PoP all ended up being mega flops? Whoops.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

People liked it when they made the good games and didn't buy the bad ones. Now they've had so many bad ones in a row that people aren't buying the good games, either.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
You mean trying to GaaSify their somewhat interchangeable open world collectatons wasn't going to automatically achieve record sales :confused:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Bring back Rayman, Ubisoft. I'll buy it

Orv
May 4, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

The monkey's paw bursts into acrid, wavering flame. The next Assassin's Creed has a redeemable Rayman outfit for the PC, exclusively for Uplay points.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

Rayman is back in the Switch Rabbids game.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
yeah, but like, an actual game

Orv
May 4, 2011
lol don't be silly

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
It's kind of weird, really. I've heard nothing but praise for Origins and Legends, but they still decided to stop making them.
Did they not sell well enough?

Edit: Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends are still really good btw, in case anyone is looking for a platformer to play

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 31, 2024

Orv
May 4, 2011
Michel Ancel got caught up in whatever the hell BG&E2 is or was supposed to be or whatever the gently caress and has since retired. Unlikely we'll get any more Rayman stuff.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The new POP game is made by the Rayman team, isn't it?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New Humble bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/controllerd-chaos

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Ancel was also implicated in all of the toxic, abusive and sexual misconduct revelations happening at Ubisoft so... not a huge loss for me.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mordja posted:

The new POP game is made by the Rayman team, isn't it?

Montpellier, yeah. I just don't know how many people are still there to care about Rayman after all this time.

Selenephos posted:

Ancel was also implicated in all of the toxic, abusive and sexual misconduct revelations happening at Ubisoft so... not a huge loss for me.

I hadn't heard he'd been part of that but unsurprising given that that stuff is usually top down, so yeah no loss there.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The power's been out in my street for almost an hour now, it's cutting into my :pcgaming: time, this is bullshit

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Orv posted:

The monkey's paw bursts into acrid, wavering flame. The next Assassin's Creed has a redeemable Rayman outfit for the PC, exclusively for Uplay points.

Or the next Rayman games has Animus sequences between stages.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Phlegmish posted:

The power's been out in my street for almost an hour now, it's cutting into my :pcgaming: time, this is bullshit

if you had a steam deck you'd by gaming right now

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

if you had a steam deck you'd by gaming right now

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Future-proof your gaming time: buy a Steam Deck

Orv
May 4, 2011
But doctor, I need to charge my Steam deck!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Broken Cog posted:

It's kind of weird, really. I've heard nothing but praise for Origins and Legends, but they still decided to stop making them.
Did they not sell well enough?

Edit: Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends are still really good btw, in case anyone is looking for a platformer to play

they couldnt figure out how to GaaSify a platformer

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Orv posted:

A enormously powerful boot on every F key and a spike wall in every driveway, please vote for me for World President.

That “F” boot better transform me into third person Hulk Hogan full-motion video, then immediately back to my character. Genre, immersion, none of that matters.

We need more 80s Hulk Hogan in video games, is what I’m sayin

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I will demand a Steam Deck as part of my class action lawsuit against the utility company. The emotional damage from lost gaming time is immeasurable

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Saoshyant posted:

Future-proof your gaming time: buy a Steam Deck

But what if Steam Deck 2 comes out? Like tomorrow!?

Orv
May 4, 2011

DerekSmartymans posted:

That “F” boot better transform me into third person Hulk Hogan full-motion video, then immediately back to my character. Genre, immersion, none of that matters.

We need more 80s Hulk Hogan in video games, is what I’m sayin

You'll turn into a claymation Randy Savage and like it.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

they couldnt figure out how to GaaSify a platformer

A Metroidvania, but every upgrade costs real money. "Buy the season pass to unlock the jump ability!" :suicide:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Why would you put that in the world

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
I mean Sega just put NG+ behind the deluxe edition of Infinite Wealth, so it's only a matter of time before someone decides to put just NG behind a separate paywall.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Orv posted:

Because you are John Riccitiello

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Velocity Raptor posted:

I mean Sega just put NG+ behind the deluxe edition of Infinite Wealth, so it's only a matter of time before someone decides to put just NG behind a separate paywall.

I hate to break it to you but that is called "buying the game."

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

is this a trick question? :)

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

ImpAtom posted:

Not if it's Free to Play :smuggo:

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

ImpAtom posted:

I see it more as selling the soda in a bottle, then charging extra for the bottle opener.

"You bought the game, but you need to pay more to play it. :smug:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

orcane posted:

is this a trick question? :)

Not that I know of? :ohdear: