Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Flair posted:

But what if Steam Deck 2 comes out? Like tomorrow!?

Then you buy that too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

nemesis_hub posted:

Rise of the Tomb Raider (2016) is on deep discount. Is it any good?

Going back a few pages but I think its overall the best of the new trilogy. Won't really matter if you haven't played the 2013 game either. And if you like the general gameplay loop of the main game the Endurance mode is a pretty fun lightweight and endless (until you die or choose to leave to score) version of the main game.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Yeah Rise is a good time

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah Monster Hunter Rise is a good time

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Two hours no electrish. This is what it must have been like to be a medieval peasant. My epic Vermintide 2 session with my buddies, ruined. Drifting in and out of consciousness as the darkness engulfs me.

e: nvm it just came back on

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Party like it’s 1724

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if you were a medieval peasant you could fight rats irl

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I wouldn't discount Shadow of the Tomb Raider if you end up really liking the actual raiding of the tombs part of the games FWIW!

It has the most and probably best tomb puzzles of the trilogy and it has a fun photo mode.

And you can string people up all Predator-like.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The actual level design feels so much worse in Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Jack Trades posted:

The actual level design feels so much worse in Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
Yeah. Plus there's the big non-combat-just-talking-and-collecting section in the middle that's just frustrating to navigate.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Shadow of the Tomb Raider has so much fuckin water. Navigating submerged tombs is the WORST

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Velocity Raptor posted:

I mean Sega just put NG+ behind the deluxe edition of Infinite Wealth, so it's only a matter of time before someone decides to put just NG behind a separate paywall.

Didn't Diablo 4 and Battlefield 1 already have versions that came with no game?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I kind of wish the skill lists in the Like a Dragons told you what QTE or QTEs each skill uses

(or that they just didn't have QTEs but w/e)

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hwurmp posted:

I kind of wish the skill lists in the Like a Dragons told you what QTE or QTEs each skill uses

(or that they just didn't have QTEs but w/e)

Pretty sure they did in the first one, but the QTEs are more varied now. It's not just "mash square/X" or "carefully timed triangle/Y", you get ones that have both or multiple triangle presses or whatever.

(Also they don't really make a big difference)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
some of the moves get extra hits or guaranteed crits from succeeding in the qtes. thankfully there's an option to disable those prompts. i'm not sure if that means they auto succeed or what but it's less distracting. timed defense is still in, unfortunately.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
I don't mind the timed defense as I can usually pull it off (if it's critical on higher difficulties then I agree, it should be cut for a turn based rpg). Never figured out the timing on the Y presses tho, it seems to be a touch before the circle hits the border? I'd blame my wireless controller but I have no problem aceing karaoke songs.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

What fucks me up on the Y presses is that it's not the same timing for each because it seems like they're tied to animation state. Hero is very generous with them and a big slow circle but Dragon of Dojima gives you like half as much time to press the button because all of his punches are telegraphed much less than the bat swings.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

they didn't announce bloodborne pc at the sony thing but they did announce a metro VR game which is coming to pc so that's something

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

does anyone know if persona 3 reloaded has same release times on game pass and steam? because steam has a time estimate and my game pass doesn't atm

repiv posted:

they didn't announce bloodborne pc

:(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

repiv posted:

they didn't announce bloodborne pc at the sony thing but they did announce a metro VR game which is coming to pc so that's something

What will it take to get Sony to acknowledge Bloodborne happened? Like did the game not do well enough or something? I would think the massive fan support still years later, would be enough to convince Sony to do more with the game.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Balatro is so good, I want it now.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Sony is keeping Bloodborne console exclusive to drive up PS4 sales in 2024

Orv
May 4, 2011

I said come in! posted:

What will it take to get Sony to acknowledge Bloodborne happened? Like did the game not do well enough or something? I would think the massive fan support still years later, would be enough to convince Sony to do more with the game.

You would think if Demon's Souls of all things sold well enough to get a console selling glow up that surely Bloodborne would have done fine so probably someone at Sony or From is just stupid.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Sony is keeping Bloodborne console exclusive to drive up PS4 sales in 2024
They want it to be a launche title for the PS4-2

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

ZearothK posted:

How's Wasteland 3? I hear it was way better than 2, but did it bring the game to the level of being good?
I really liked Wasteland 3. I only played it once at launch, but I've been thinking of giving it another playthrough soon. It felt like a lot of love went into the game.

The soundtrack in particular was really memorable, thanks to its use of some really interesting covers.

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrRxNPt_lfY

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I said come in! posted:

From Sony's perspective, at a certain point I think it just starts to feel like bad business?

People are thirsty as gently caress for it amongst one of the most passionately invested fanbases in gaming, and we're coming off the back of the rampant critical and commercial success of Elden Ring. I mean if Sony are looking for something to give the PC release side of their business a shot in the arm.. what do they have that would do better if they threw it up on Steam later this year?

FWIW though I recall there being some level of uncertainty about who actually has the final say on Bloodborne. At one point I remember there being a rumour that it was actually FROM's decision and they weren't in a particular rush to do it, although that could be total hearsay.

You'd think Sony would have full control over the Demons Souls remake though and.. yeah, I find that one baffling as well. While not at the same level as Bloodborne, I'm pretty sure that would become Sony's most successful Steam release overnight, probably without being close.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

[taking off plague mask, looking at 1348 stat screen] killed 785 rats today, only lost 6 loved ones, got a bunch of green circles. Not bad

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

I wrestle my rats every day and I'm not even a medieval peasant.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I dunno that might explain your posting tbh

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Bumhead posted:

From Sony's perspective, at a certain point I think it just starts to feel like bad business?

People are thirsty as gently caress for it amongst one of the most passionately invested fanbases in gaming, and we're coming off the back of the rampant critical and commercial success of Elden Ring. I mean if Sony are looking for something to give the PC release side of their business a shot in the arm.. what do they have that would do better if they threw it up on Steam later this year?

FWIW though I recall there being some level of uncertainty about who actually has the final say on Bloodborne. At one point I remember there being a rumour that it was actually FROM's decision and they weren't in a particular rush to do it, although that could be total hearsay.

You'd think Sony would have full control over the Demons Souls remake though and.. yeah, I find that one baffling as well. While not at the same level as Bloodborne, I'm pretty sure that would become Sony's most successful Steam release overnight, probably without being close.

Pretty sure Bloodborne and Demon's Souls are both wholly owned by Sony, I've never heard otherwise.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Que?

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I don't think Sony really wants to release games on PC at all, they would rather drive customers towards the PS5 and being locked in to that ecosystem.

IIRC Sony's game streaming service does offer Bloodborne on PC. They have really gone out of their way to hide that though, it's about as intuitive as finding the free US tax filing software.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

They were kinda pointless versions. DMC4 has a special edition with more content that's better in every way.
That version of DMC3 is the infamously bad original port. Like up there with the original PC port of RE4. Theres a new better port in the DMC HD collection.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Veotax posted:

They were kinda pointless versions. DMC4 has a special edition with more content that's better in every way.
That version of DMC3 is the original, infamously bad original port. Like up there with the original PC port of RE4. Theres a new better port in the DMC HD collection.

Oh right, I forgot that the actual playable version of DMC3 is in the HD Collection now.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Veotax posted:

That version of DMC3 is the infamously bad original port. Like up there with the original PC port of RE4. Theres a new better port in the DMC HD collection.

Amusingly, that DMC4 version is one they added the new DRM to like 3 weeks ago.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Fruits of the sea posted:

IIRC Sony's game streaming service does offer Bloodborne on PC. They have really gone out of their way to hide that though, it's about as intuitive as finding the free US tax filing software.

they do have bloodborne on streaming but not the dlc for some reason, and it's running on a PS4 so you still get wobbly 30fps with bad frame pacing on top of streaming compression and latency

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Playing a highly input-sensitive game like Bloodborne over streaming sounds like a nightmare, which is thematically fitting so it should be the ideal, definitive way to play the game.

That's how Sony should offer it if it ever drops on Steam.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

If they release Bloodborne on PC they should hard-code consistent lovely framerate for true Bloodborne experience.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Fruits of the sea posted:

I don't think Sony really wants to release games on PC at all, they would rather drive customers towards the PS5 and being locked in to that ecosystem.

But they are doing, and are continuing to do so. Until Dawn got announced just yesterday, the latest Horizon game got announced for PC.. last week?

Strategically you're not wrong that this is all in service of driving players towards their hardware (which I think they overestimate and don't really know is working or not), but until they stop releasing games on PC then I think "where's Demons Souls and Bloodborne?" will continue to be valid questions with quite baffling answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I think they're just waiting until they can slot in a Bloodborne remake that they can sell for full price again to owners of the original, who by and large seem to really just want a performance patch for PS5. Because otherwise Bloodborne is perfect.