Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Harveygod posted:

I think you're both thinking of the Carol sex assault trial. This is the NY fraud trial.

No, in the video he is asked about the Carroll case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
dunkin donuts changed their name to just dunkin a couple years ago

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

kazil posted:

No, in the video he is asked about the Carroll case

Ah, yep, you're right. The question was asking about both and I missed it.

That $83 million judgement did actually seem to shut him up for a few days but he's already sliding back into it.

:homebrew:

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

gonna be dunkin deez nuts in engoron's mouth if he doesn't give us that ruling soon

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

Sir John Falstaff posted:

I think they've been trying for a while to rebrand as a chain of coffee shops called DD that happens to sell donuts, rather than a chain of donut stores called Dunkin' Donuts that happens to sell coffee, probably because deep-fried lumps of dough covered in sugar don't sell as well in an environment where a lot of food marketing is based around health.

That continues to be the dumbest MBA level of brand-washing, and, maybe I'm just old, but has that ever "helped" an organization? KFC did it, AARP, even NPR did it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Jonny Quest posted:

That continues to be the dumbest MBA level of brand-washing, and, maybe I'm just old, but has that ever "helped" an organization? KFC did it, AARP, even NPR did it.

All 3 of those worked fine because everyone already called them that. I've never in my life heard someone refer to dunkin donuts as "DD".

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Dementropy posted:

Tom Cotton with the Iceberg/Goldberg play on national TV.

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1752747934125359168

Someone on the committee should ask Cotton to point out Singapore on a map.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
I think the hype build-up to the Trump Org fraud decision is only gonna be worth it if there's a good chance that the state seizes his company, all assets, and he and his larger, wetter adult children will completely lose the ability to do business in NY at all. The mental image of the big gold "TRUMP" letters being taken down all of his buildings just might be the thing to make him cry in public.

The money owed is secondary. He's gonna appeal that until he croaks. But to lose his entire business is REALLY gonna hurt :rms:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Durf posted:

it is common sense to have a diverse investment portfolio containing both pop starlets and explosive ordinance

But enough about Disney

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
the guy that ruled against disney is rick scott's former solicitor general and a trump appointee. the 11th circuit is also mostly trump/dubya appointees so we'll see how that goes.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Asterite34 posted:

I do not want a Trump gacha

Spending thousands to try to pulla five-star tennis Trump.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I want to see one of those old Disney cartoon robots (or Bender) pick up Trump, hang him upside down, and just shake him until enough money falls out to pay his penalties.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!
I never thought I would be backing Disney on a case bound for the Supreme Court, but here we are.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Durf posted:

Trump after being told he's lost and owes millions

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Speedboat Jones posted:

I too, fart at the end of the day. Sometimes at the beginning and even sometimes during.

sometimes i poop in the shower

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:trumppop:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I dont think Don's brain would be an MMs guy.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Sir/Madam/Goon, I am so glad you choose to apply your talents within this thread instead of in service to our billionaire-class overlords.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

ProfessorMarvel posted:

The mental image of the big gold "TRUMP" letters being taken down all of his buildings just might be the thing to make him cry in public.

I thought that already happened around the world.

A bunch of property owners decided his name was toxic and had it removed. Pretty sure it's only safe at his golf courses.

The Trump Tower in toronto was mired in controversy and finally renamed to St. Regis. Also lol at this exerpt

quote:

The building and Shnaider have been named as key links in a financial connection between U.S. President Trump and the Russian government. The buyer, who financed by Vnesheconombank (VEB), have been described as "an entity acting for the Russian government." Trump quickly denied it and stated in February 2017 that there is "no person that I deal with [has dealings with Russia]."

well that settles it then

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Lol the trump appointed judge didn’t want to get into it with the Florida government for not complying with discovery so he just did an insane ruling that Disney doesn’t have standing. From what I have heard the 11th circuit isn’t as bad as the 5th circuit but it’s still really bad and full of terrible right wing judges. Hopefully they appeal and get a George w judge and not another trump judge.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Dementropy posted:

Tom Cotton with the Iceberg/Goldberg play on national TV.

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1752747934125359168

So is there a reason why the people called before Congress can't just call the politicians poo poo for brains right to their faces? They're already bought and paid for. What's the worst that could happen?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Isn't Judge Cannon in Florida too, and any case she receives dead on arrival

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

big nipples big life posted:

All 3 of those worked fine because everyone already called them that. I've never in my life heard someone refer to dunkin donuts as "DD".

I think they're still using the DD logo, at least in some places, but they've also have officially changed their name to Dunkin' (dropping the "Donuts"). So I think you're right, no one really calls them DD, it's just the logo. Either way, they're trying to get away from the "donuts" association.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

:discourse:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Durf posted:

Isn't Judge Cannon in Florida too, and any case she receives dead on arrival

Yeah the documents case in Florida was the first or second one brought to charges and it's not even gonna maybe be considered to start being looked at until at least 2026 because Cannon is a chudge and is all but on record as saying she's trying to protect Trump from any consequences.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Trump visiting the Teamsters headquarters today LOL

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1752761999233106130?s=20

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

the guy that ruled against disney is rick scott's former solicitor general and a trump appointee. the 11th circuit is also mostly trump/dubya appointees so we'll see how that goes.

Just :lol: that the corporations spent so much time, money, and energy putting Republicans in power just to have those same Republicans gently caress with their money in ways Clinton/Obama/Biden appointees never would.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

You can hear the banjos dueling in his head.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

digital penitence posted:

Still mad about his tiny hands. lol

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

i am jealous as poo poo at the speed and quality of your work.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

digital penitence posted:

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

ProfessorMarvel posted:

I think the hype build-up to the Trump Org fraud decision is only gonna be worth it if there's a good chance that the state seizes his company, all assets, and he and his larger, wetter adult children will completely lose the ability to do business in NY at all. The mental image of the big gold "TRUMP" letters being taken down all of his buildings just might be the thing to make him cry in public.

You might be a little behind and/or uninformed about the goings-on here.

The consequence isn't a permanent barring of him as well as Beavis and Butthead from doing business in NY, that barring has a clock of 5 years.

ProfessorMarvel posted:

The money owed is secondary. He's gonna appeal that until he croaks. But to lose his entire business is REALLY gonna hurt :rms:

Per my last emails :v: appeal may not be an option.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4051238&pagenumber=606&perpage=30#post537519792

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4051238&pagenumber=607&perpage=30#post537520151

If he appeals anything, he's most likely going to be forced to liquidate some of his real estate assets. (He cannot use campaign funds to pay penalties.)

EDIT: Sorry, "what penalties?" :chaostrump:

Accipiter fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 31, 2024

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Batterypowered7 posted:

So is there a reason why the people called before Congress can't just call the politicians poo poo for brains right to their faces? They're already bought and paid for. What's the worst that could happen?

You could be held in contempt, plus it gives them a reason to wreck your world and they'd be glad to do so

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

He's trying to do the Jedi mind trick to the courts

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Send Jesus, guns, and babies

The poo poo has hit the fan

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I'm the ONE JESUS
You've been GUNS
Waiting for! BABIES

Rhonne