Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

AnimeIsTrash posted:

he got banned because a mod told him to stfu
say what you will about the dumbfuck mods, but at least the SAS ones don’t have blood on their hands like disgraced TFR mod and serial suicide-enabler Lincoln’s Wax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

embiid is getting second opinions

not a good sign

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

real talk the me and my two sons watched the embiid 70 point game together and it was a great family time experience. my older son is become w big time fan. he just bought a basketball game for the ps5 is plays as the sixers ! basketball owns. I hope embiid is not dead .

ok thank you 🙏

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

euphronius posted:

real talk the me and my two sons watched the embiid 70 point game together and it was a great family time experience. my older son is become w big time fan. he just bought a basketball game for the ps5 is plays as the sixers ! basketball owns. I hope embiid is not dead .

ok thank you 🙏
yeah for the rest of his life, he’ll be telling his grandkids the story of how he and his dad watched joel embiid’s last game and still trusting the process

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah . :(

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
embiid has been injury prone since his back(?) issues in college. it’s always something new because people are not supposed to be as big as joel embiid. he is being punished for his hubris.

take up horse carriage racing, joel.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kareem played until he was 57

Joel just has bad cartilage or whatever it’s called

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The butt-fumble NFL game was a Thanksgiving game, meaning I watched it with my whole extended family, all of us full of holiday food and seasonal microbrews and in a wonderful mood, and it was a similar great family memory even though my kids weren't born yet, so I get it

Anyway rip to Embiid

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

euphronius posted:

mf said “just”

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

stephen a is right

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

Kareem played until he was 57

kareem was thinner at least. probably weighed less

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
it is so funny that luka and jokic are fat

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

fart simpson posted:

kareem was thinner at least. probably weighed less

He was listed at 225 which seems absurd

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

TenementFunster posted:

embiid has been injury prone since his back(?) issues in college. it’s always something new because people are not supposed to be as big as joel embiid. he is being punished for his hubris.

take up horse carriage racing, joel.

It's unfortunately easy for one serious injury to turn into other injuries in unrelated areas because the body wants to avoid pain so during recovery it takes constant effort to not overcompensate and put too much weight on a different part of the body so you don't have to put any weight on the part that is healing/hurting. Add in being almost superhumanly large and you've got a recipe for cascading injuries.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

kingcobweb posted:

He was listed at 225 which seems absurd

Look at his legs during that scene in Airplane! where he's being dragged from the pilot's seat. He looks like a stick figure compared to modern NBA players.

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?
female nba refs are a mistake. that's my take from watching the first half of the thunder/nuggers game

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

JoeBangles posted:

female nba refs are a mistake. that's my take from watching the first half of the thunder/nuggers game

now these are the kinds of opinions that separate this thread from the SAS one

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

JoeBangles posted:

yeah, female refs do be like that op. only the male brain is wired to understand basketball. you hear me?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

i mean how can ya run up and down the court while birthin some you guns that's just basic sense

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Is that the Denver speaking or the Oklahoma

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Was channelling a great uncle of mine. Well he isn't so great, but yknow

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Azathoth posted:

Was channelling a great uncle of mine. Well he isn't so great, but yknow

buy him an account

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?
Ref #13 ain't keeping up running up and down the court. I mean, the ponytail is cute and all, but those calls?! bitch seems blind

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

JoeBangles posted:

Ref #13 ain't keeping up running up and down the court. I mean, the ponytail is cute and all, but those calls?! bitch seems blind

been saying this

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?
maybe she's in the pocket of draftkings or whomever is in charge of getting rubes to bet this year

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
speaking of embiid, marc gasol just retired from basketball. what a legend.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
marc gasol's career and life nearly ended during the championship parade where he downed 2 bottles of wine in short order and nearly fell out of the top of the bus

can't link the video directly but: https://www.reddit.com/r/torontoraptors/comments/ipvyqy/a_supercut_of_marc_gasol_absolutely_shitfaced_at/

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Dreylad posted:

speaking of embiid, marc gasol just retired from basketball. what a legend.

the guy who had an older brother who was really good at basketball?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

JoeBangles posted:

do not loving embarrass me

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

fart simpson posted:

the guy who had an older brother who was really good at basketball?

ya dpoy, nba champ, 2x world champ marc gasol

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Lol at the new look bucks

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

More like the sucks

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Is that the Denver speaking or the Oklahoma
brb having an existential crisis

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Lol at the new look bucks

I was not expecting this outcome :eyepop:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Is this the point where people finally see through Giannis' good boy persona and realize he's always been an rear end in a top hat?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Narrative is more about Dame really. I feel like of all the stuff around Dame's return to Portland, the actual outcome of the game was an afterthought and foregone conclusion, and the Blazers kind of flipped the script

Happy for Brogdon too, I've mentioned this before but when we traded him I assumed he was capital-H Hurt and unloading him was an Isaiah Thomas situation and he's surprised me

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Anyway the moral of the story is clear: do not hire Doc Rivers

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

loquacius posted:

Anyway the moral of the story is clear: do not hire Doc Rivers

Giannis drove Griffin out so this is on him if Doc Rivers fucks them.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I guess Griffin was really toxic or something because it seems like his coaching was improving over the course of the season. It's just hiring Doc Rivers after that is just wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

Dreylad posted:

I guess Griffin was really toxic or something because it seems like his coaching was improving over the course of the season. It's just hiring Doc Rivers after that is just wild

I haven't seen a ton of bucks games this season, and I'm not exactly a following fan. But holy poo poo! I didn't believe they fired their new, young coach to replace with Doc Rivers!?!?

Firing Bud was bad enough. And then it comes out that his brother died unexpectedly, but he still coached through it. It's giving me blatt flashbacks.

I think the common item in this is Milwaukee. Place is cursed. Avoid please. Cleveland is too, but no one really had to debate that ten years ago.