Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
(shoop shoop shoop shoop) If you catch your man
(shoop shoop shoop shoop) with a nasty wet hand
it's just his piss.
(That's all it is!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

el dingo posted:

What the gently caress are niblings god I couldn't read all that due to how angry the word made me

It’s really nibling away at you isn’t it

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

el dingo posted:

What the gently caress are niblings god I couldn't read all that due to how angry the word made me

It means children you are related to but not your direct children. It's from Northern England as a source.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Out on a trip to the zoo with Gramgram and little Billy gets tired and plops down on a bench. Quick as a flash, granny whips the boots right off his feet and tosses them at a passing stroller.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nibling is also nice and gender neutral if you don't want to specify

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i wish there was a similarly non-gendered term for aunt/uncle tbh

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ankle

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Mx. posted:

Tuncle

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Chewbecca posted:

Maybe I'm overly simple, but couldn't people visiting her leave the items in the car? I know they shouldn't have to, but she can't steal what she can't get to

That's what i was thinking as well. Visit klepto grandma with your rattiest clothing and no other objects, and see if she takes that away

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mx. posted:

piblings

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Space Kablooey posted:

That's what i was thinking as well. Visit klepto grandma with your rattiest clothing and no other objects, and see if she takes that away

Nothing in my pockets but mousetraps

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Mx. posted:

Munkle

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i hate all of these, curse this monkey paw

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

el dingo posted:

god I couldn't read all that due to how angry the word made me
hokey smokes what a cool tough guy!!!!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

after several thousand pages of the most infuriating poo poo possible, i draw the line at "niblings"

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

this is my nibling, Pnurtis

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Isn't loose corn referred to as niblings?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

has nobody heard of the word "relatives"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Isn't loose corn referred to as niblings?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Johnny Truant posted:

has nobody heard of the word "relatives"

why be specific about anything at all? just call them humans

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Nibling is also nice and gender neutral if you don't want to specify

Yep, I have a non-binary nibling and "my sister's kid" doesn't work as well now that they are approaching adulthood; also, they are their own person and not just an attachment to my sister.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Too early for horny posting.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

quote:

So last week the niblings asked me to talk to her

The niblings as a single unit is an interesting characterization though, especially since they're implied to be young kids if grandma can snatch things off them. Like a bunch of preschoolers circulated a petition to bring the matter to the tuncle with a spine.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The niblings are unionizing and engaging in collective bargaining.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
There is no answer to the question that goons will not nitpick apart immediately.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

goons as a single unit is an interesting characterization though

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

after several thousand pages of the most infuriating poo poo possible, i draw the line at "niblings"

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

hawowanlawow posted:

goons as a single unit is an interesting characterization though

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003
WIBTAH If I complain about my coworker who messaged my husband?

quote:

Yesterday we had year end inventory day at my new job I started 3 months ago. I (35f) was asked to bring a friend as my partner to help, we all brought our husband's and wives, a few "children" with their boyfriends etc. I brought my husband (36m) My 1 coworker (34f) did not bring anyone, she just helped each group of partners through out the day.Everything was great we had a wonderful day and inventory was nearly perfect so we got praised.

Anyways.... the next morning I get to work at 8am and 4 minutes into my day my coworker, who did not bring anyone, asked if my husband has a brother that's single and specifically "looks exactly like him". I said no, he only has a sister. She said " oh that's a shame so he doesn't have a brother?" Me again: "no... why? Do you have a crush on my husband?" She literally laughed like a little school girl. Let me start by saying I am FAR from jealous. I know my husband is attractive, I know I am too. I know my husband is successful, I know I am too. I know my husband is hilarious, kind, makes everyone feel heard and important, that's the exact reason I married him. I thought it was cute she liked him, this did not upset me.

She then went on to talk about him almost any chance she could for the entirety of the day. And again, this did not upset me. At all, he's most likely not coming back here, at least until the next year end inventory day, she's having a crush it'll pass by next week.

What did upset me.... when I got home at 4:30pm he showed me that at 1:24pm she texted him... and I quote "Hey **** (spells his name wrong...) how are you today? Your lady is really bothering me."

So this woman, went into our system, found my husband's phone number, and deemed it ok to text him in this manner. Of course he did not respond. Of course he thought it was absolutely insane.

And now I'm getting ready for work today, and I will see her in the next hour and a half after her doing this, and I'm not sure how I should or will react. Like I said I am very far from jealous I understand crushes and feelings and emotions etc but someone going to this level to contact my husband turns me into a grizzly bear.

WIBTHA if I told HR she did this... we work for a very large billion dollar company who takes these things very seriously, shed essentially lose her job.

edgeman83 fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 1, 2024

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

edgeman83 posted:

So your husband (waggles eyebrows) he single?

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
What is a large multi billion dollar company doing demanding employees bring in friends to do free labor? OP needs to get away from that weird place and also get her coworker fired for accessing personal HR info.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
You work for a billion dollar company that had a being your friend to work day? Did your husband get paid for this?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
why the gently caress is a “very large billion dollar company” asking employees to wrangle their spouses in as unpaid labor

e:f,b

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

You work for a billion dollar company that just gets random people the employees works to come do inventory? On the one hand, free labour, but on the other hand that sounds like a recipe for stock theft.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I mean Walmart is a huge billion dollar corp right, I can believe a big company would exploit people, that's their whole deal

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I vote the writer is also an rear end in a top hat for

quote:

a few "children" with their boyfriends etc.

as though age is the only reason not to be married.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
AITA for not babysitting my sisters kids anymore.

quote:

Introduction: I (27m) did some accidental good financial decisions years ago that today put me on position where I can do mostly what I love - mess with all kinds of electronics, play videogames a lot etc, I am a huge nerd.
I own a small electronics/computer shop where I fix customers devices etc, also sell general computers stuff and other small electronics, I live in the same building.
I don't spend all my time in the shop, I have 2 workers who work in shifts and I work when I feel like it or when they ask help, I also replace them when they need a vacation or sick days.

I have a sister, Jane (34f) and she has 3 kids, Mary (14f), Julia (6f) and Jack (4m) and as I am only one with basically "unlimited free time to watch the younger kids", (Mary don't need to be watched anymore, but she often hangs out in my shop either way). I do it every time the kids are sick or my sister is at business trip for her work, and after the COVID, kids are sent home for every tiny cough and sneeze...

What happened? My grandmother had her 80 years birthday and everyone was invited, relatives I don't remember ever seeing before, my sister and I were sitting close to each other and suddenly one old lady (who was maybe my grandmothers cousin or something) started to ask everyone what they do and I told that I run the small business and my sister out of nowhere: "Yeah, by running a business he means being very lazy and sleeping until noon, sometimes chills out in the store and plays videogames or watches movies all day while some of us had to work hard for their success!" what is all technically true, while she studied her whole life, I went to trade school and got lucky with few business decisions, but I felt kind of hurt that she forget, that for her to get all that education, others had to watch the kids, so I told "Oh, don't forget that I am also full time free babysitter, but I decided to quit and focus on being lazy!"

She did not say anything more, did not take me seriously either as week later I get phone call in the morning that the Jack threw up at night few times, she would bring him to my place and I said "don't you forget that I quit as I am way too lazy to watch the kids" and ended the call, went back to bed, when I woke up later there was multiple messages from my sister telling me that I am a selfish rear end in a top hat and I act like I am the centre of the world, I replied politely "sorry you feel that way".

Later my mother called and told me, that I put my sister in really tough position as she (mom) can't take days off from hospital in such short notice either and Jane has nobody to watch the kids!
Am I the rear end in a top hat for not watching them? I am not hurt because of the "truth", I know I am lazy, it hurt that she acts like watching her kids has been nothing.
(Names are changed, I still have good relationship with my small relatives, I just don't babysit anymore, I don't even avoid my sister. Burner account for privacy.)
Om nom nom delicious hand.

Eruza
Sep 4, 2011
I never get tired of people like that sister single-handedly ruining a good thing just because they can't stop themselves from being mean spirited assholes.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

edgeman83 posted:

If you were just making up a story about how the coworker met your husband, why not say company picnic or something? The billion dollar company having non-employees come do inventory is completely insane.