Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

How about rotaries? The PNW has one of the best shops in North America for them.

Edit: F, that's a terrible page snipe. :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I don't do rotaries. I'm happy for people who enjoy them but not for me.

wesleywillis posted:

Yup, stay away from the great lakes area, nothing to see here, you got plenty of water where y'all are right now, no need for anyone to move here, it's like they say "Onterrible" and so on. There's lots of fresh water everywhere else no need to come here, you're good where you are thanks.
I didn't want to be carried off by mosquitoes anymore either.

trilobite terror posted:

counterpoint: you have an excuse to have “summer cars” and “winter cars”, and if you’re really sharp you promote the fun keeper winter cars to summer cars and WFH get more old cars
I legit see more cool cars being driven in the "winter" here than I did in New England in the summer. It's nuts.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

kastein posted:

I legit see more cool cars being driven in the "winter" here than I did in New England in the summer. It's nuts.

Yeah I bet

New England actually does suck poo poo for cool cars :smith:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Michigans pretty chock full of really cool cars, because, you know… Michigan.

But that only applies to domestics. You see a hell of a lot more Ford GTs than you do Ferraris. Lambos are all over the college towns though.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Leperflesh posted:

also drive two hours to get to a decent hospital

my wife and I have considered it over and over and this is always the sticking point, you don't actually have to die of a minor heart attack in this day and age, but maybe you do if you live somewhere that remote

The bay area and LA and SD are all on the coast! Or was this a traffic joke?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

kastein posted:

Not that many until you go up in to shield country. Then it's black flies too

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

TheBacon posted:

The bay area and LA and SD are all on the coast! Or was this a traffic joke?

The part of the california coast that is mostly 50 degrees is not most of the bay area nor most of LA or SD. I presumed we're talking about the actual-coast, which OK probably includes SF proper and places like Monterey, but is also like hundreds of miles of gorgeous cliffs and beaches of the northern california coastline, places like mendocino and point reyes etc. There's affordable homes and mild temps and more or less unspoiled landscapes. But not much in the way of hospitals.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kastein posted:

Aw, c'mon! There's something magical about being powered by wobbling Doritos.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Leperflesh posted:

The part of the california coast that is mostly 50 degrees is not most of the bay area nor most of LA or SD. I presumed we're talking about the actual-coast, which OK probably includes SF proper and places like Monterey, but is also like hundreds of miles of gorgeous cliffs and beaches of the northern california coastline, places like mendocino and point reyes etc. There's affordable homes and mild temps and more or less unspoiled landscapes. But not much in the way of hospitals.

The 50 degrees was the winter lows!

Also yes west side of SF absolutely is like 50-65 and overcast but dry year round! It is the objectively most best weather in the world.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

So the verdict is yes, I can crawl in and out of the Miata with a race seat and hardtop. But it ain't graceful. At least the lowered seat and hardtop give me more helmet room.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

also drive two hours to get to a decent hospital

my wife and I have considered it over and over and this is always the sticking point, you don't actually have to die of a minor heart attack in this day and age, but maybe you do if you live somewhere that remote

If the heart attack doesn’t kill ya, the hospital bill might

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Leperflesh posted:

But not much in the way of hospitals.

Thats ok. Most Americans can't afford hospitals, so why bother living near one?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

well not to put too fine a point on it, I can, and also ER stuff they will do no matter what, they'll just bill you later and wipe you out that way

but I'd rather be broke than dead, I guess, and probably a lot of other people feel the same, given how full the hospitals seem to be

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
Should I start a shirt request thread

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cage posted:

What a whiner you are.

I still have the Buffalo Bills to whine about so there's that :v:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Darchangel posted:

Aw, c'mon! There's something magical about being powered by wobbling Doritos.

It's the "powered by" part I don't like. Given my history with Subarus and Subaru engines I don't want to know what my experience with wankels would be.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

TheBacon posted:

The 50 degrees was the winter lows!

Also yes west side of SF absolutely is like 50-65 and overcast but dry year round! It is the objectively most best weather in the world.

"Dry" might be a stretch, it's kinda humid from all the fog (you'll get drier and less overcast once you move towards the bay past the rain shadow of twin peaks)

It is not lost on me that I'm fortunate enough to live 10-15 min drive from multiple ERs, including one of the best teaching hospitals in the world. Driving 30 min on twisting rural roads in the dark to get to the ER is something i'd love to do approximately never again

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Been living in Portland now for 4 years and I love it
The weather isn't too extreme in either direction and there's so much to see and do in either direction.

In other news, which goon here was the car shipping guru?
I've got YET ANOTHER car in another state I need to get shipped up to Oregon.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Whatever happened to the truck he who must not be named was trying to resurrect in Nebraska?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Currently, its sitting in a storage yard in Florida while I try and figure out WTF I'm going to do with it.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I think it sounds like a perfect vehicle for a cross country drive once the weather gets a bit nicer :getin:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kastein posted:

It's the "powered by" part I don't like. Given my history with Subarus and Subaru engines I don't want to know what my experience with wankels would be.

Apex Seals! :argh:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

ExplodingSims posted:

The weather isn't too extreme in either direction and there's so much to see and do in either direction.

Sent you contact info for the broker I use.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
So I clicked on something, no idea what, and suddenly I was on the last page of AI and found the following thread from nearly a decade ago which provided some entertainment: Who drives the rarest car in AI?.

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010

ExplodingSims posted:

A few of us have had good luck with https://adkos.com

Ryan, the owner, is very good to work with.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

bolind posted:

So I clicked on something, no idea what, and suddenly I was on the last page of AI and found the following thread from nearly a decade ago which provided some entertainment: Who drives the rarest car in AI?.

Oh how times change.

CSB posted:

fwiw: one of 4 left in North america.

E: discovery: not rare.
however.
97MY, non AEL system. 5 speed trans, SE7 package, every additional factory addon, base wheels, Rioja red mica paint.

There's probably none left now :v:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I still have the Buffalo Bills to whine about so there's that :v:

NGL
As someone who grew up across the river from the Bills, I'm quite happy to see them get knocked out every year.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I can confirm the CA coast (Los Angeles) is very nice, it was 75 the last couple of days now that winter is over and i can walk to a hospital if I had to. My winter cars are just my summer cars that I don't have garage space for. I'd refer to them as "Rain Cars" but it only rains like 15 days a year here.

We also have Shohei Ohtani on an installment plan, and more Super Bowl titles than the Bills have Super Bowl collapses :smug:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

kastein posted:

I've only killed two in about 30 years!

CommieGIR posted:

Apex Seals! :argh:

There they go! ->

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Any California goons want to meet up in a month? We’re flying into Santa Barbara the last week of February and driving up to San Francisco. Planning a week in Santa Barbara, a week in the bay area, and a stop at Pinnacle National Park in between.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

bolind posted:

My '70 Cutlass is one of about 1300 Sport (post) Coupes (as opposed to Holiday Coupes, which were the hardtop) made that year, for whatever that's worth. No idea how that translates to desirability though. Any musclecar brings decent prices nowadays, if I wanted to sell it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Advent Horizon posted:

Any California goons want to meet up in a month? We’re flying into Santa Barbara the last week of February and driving up to San Francisco. Planning a week in Santa Barbara, a week in the bay area, and a stop at Pinnacle National Park in between.

Already sick of all that bullshit snow?

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

We got another 14” overnight; I think we officially broke the record for snowiest January.

Though the 62.8” in three days was what really messed everything up.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
fwiw it's pretty wet here right now. Let's see if I can bury a bricknose to the frame this weekend.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

cursedshitbox posted:

fwiw it's pretty wet here right now. Let's see if I can bury a bricknose to the frame this weekend.

With the size of your hammer, I guarantee you can bury it into pretty much whatever you want

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Advent Horizon posted:

We got another 14” overnight; I think we officially broke the record for snowiest January.

Stay safe Bobcat ghost.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
It's 46° and sunny, we've only had like 8" of snow all winter and it's weird as gently caress

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Advent Horizon posted:

*does some maths* uhhh. Holy poo poo. Not for me sir, not for me at all.

Spotted this yesterday down the road. These are pretty rare here, particularly in this sort of 'driver; condition.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Michigans pretty chock full of really cool cars, because, you know… Michigan.

But that only applies to domestics. You see a hell of a lot more Ford GTs than you do Ferraris. Lambos are all over the college towns though.

"wait, that car just started being sold? But I've seen them driving around for years" - me every time there's a noteworthy new car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

BuckyDoneGun posted:

*does some maths* uhhh. Holy poo poo. Not for me sir, not for me at all.

Spotted this yesterday down the road. These are pretty rare here, particularly in this sort of 'driver; condition.

the rust actually kinda looks good on it tbh