Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Docjowles posted:

I almost went to WPI :pseudo: Til it sank in that it would mean living in early 2000s Worcester

I wouldn't want to live there now either

I briefly considered going there too cause I had some friends there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/LordBenne/status/1752838138152747398

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Oh, well, I'm happy that worked through his vices and repaired his marriage.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Ravens have a ton of excellent internal candidates. Wilson, Chris Hewitt, Zach Orr, and Anthony Weaver could all reasonably get the call up. Of course, most of those guys were in Baltimore when Harbaugh brought in MacDonald, so who knows.

https://x.com/Schultz_Report/status/1752889967536398390?s=20

Woo hoo! I was pumped when I heard they were interviewing this guy. Love this hire

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Seriously y'all. gently caress off with all this coach poaching. Grow your own you thieves.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Honestly, Baltimore constantly having coaches hired away by other teams and still being successful is just further proof that Harbaugh is an excellent coach and will be with the team as long as he wants to.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I kmagine kawalimus wanted Harbaugh fired and Macdonald promoted instead of what happened

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I wish those breaking news banners were literally painful to add to things. And I'm talking drill on a tooth nerve painful. I want someone incapacitated if they succeed.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ravens staff getting picked bare god drat

Nervous posted:

I wish those breaking news banners were literally painful to add to things. And I'm talking drill on a tooth nerve painful. I want someone incapacitated if they succeed.

I’m sure some marketingbrain person has determined they are a positive because everyone does it now. But I don’t understand what “breaking news from Jordan Schultz” over a picture embedded in a tweet containing breaking news from Jordan Schultz possibly adds

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Black Sunshine posted:

Honestly, Baltimore constantly having coaches hired away by other teams and still being successful is just further proof that Harbaugh is an excellent coach and will be with the team as long as he wants to.

That's more because we have a very good front office who manages to keep the team well-stocked with talent. John Harbaugh doesn't really do anything. He has a hand in picking out who he wants to run things and sometimes does ok at that. But he doesn't do anything on the field except yell at refs and do time management/challenges. And he's not even very good at those things for instance botching the clock management at the end of the Colts game this year when the game was won as soon as they chose to not onside the free kick. And there was even a Hollywood Brown interview earlier this year where he confirms that Harbaugh is barely involved in the on field stuff at all.

Harbaugh would never coach anywhere else because he knows if that happened he would get exposed.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
A true leader of men.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Belichick not finding a job with as many shitass teams as there are would be pretty funny tbh

Like owners are assholes and all, but also, I get why you wouldn't want to hire an antisocial gigaprick who apparently will be a passive aggressive bitch if you want to have anything at all to do with the billion dollar asset that you own.

:shrug:

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Harbaugh would never coach anywhere else because he knows if that happened he would get exposed.

I want you to have to suffer the Chip Kelly Philly experience. In which a hotshot coach whose the exact opposite of his predecessor comes in and manages to tear down everything the last coach built up in 3 years and only makes the team worse.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Docjowles posted:

Ravens staff getting picked bare god drat

I’m sure some marketingbrain person has determined they are a positive because everyone does it now. But I don’t understand what “breaking news from Jordan Schultz” over a picture embedded in a tweet containing breaking news from Jordan Schultz possibly adds

It gets someone who's vacantly scrolling through twitter to stop and look at the tweet

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

syzpid posted:

I want you to have to suffer the Chip Kelly Philly experience. In which a hotshot coach whose the exact opposite of his predecessor comes in and manages to tear down everything the last coach built up in 3 years and only makes the team worse.

I "enjoy" the fact that Detroit did this twice with Patricia and Campbell with uh

very different results

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Mike Sando wrote an interesting analysis in the Athletic of the MacDonald hire and touched on how it changes the dynamic in Seattle

https://theathletic.com/5242549/2024/02/01/mike-macdonald-seahawks-coach-john-schneider

quote:

Schneider has never shied from taking big swings in the draft or the trade market, but Carroll always had final say on whatever ownership approved. The coach had hired the GM, after all, and when it was time for a change, the accountability fell to Carroll. Now, it falls on Schneider — not just because he has final say on personnel and the coaching staff, but also because he’s hiring a 36-year-old first-time head coach.

quote:

Schneider will have a role in shaping the staff. He now has greater control over the things that can frustrate GMs even in the best relationships with power coaches — playing younger players, configuring the staff, having final say in the draft and free agency. Carroll alluded to this in the news conference to announce his departure. It’s more on Schneider now.

I was never totally sure who was in the driver's seat there, but it sounds like Carroll had final say - I had forgotten that he hired Schneider. MacDonald's defense is quite different from Carroll's--it relies so much more on misdirection and disguise--and it may require a different kind of player. I'm very curious how much roster turnover takes place in the next year.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

EmbryoSteve posted:

I kmagine kawalimus wanted Harbaugh fired and Macdonald promoted instead of what happened

a ton of fans wanted that, me included. maybe I'm jumping the gun on a guy that's so young and has no HC experience, but I think the Ravens will absolutely regret not promoting him for years and years to come. disgraceful

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Feeling OK about Schneider having more power in Seattle these days considering his track record of drafting and trades between... let's say 2015-2021?

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I’m so sorry Baltimore.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Bismack Billabongo posted:

https://x.com/Schultz_Report/status/1752889967536398390?s=20

Woo hoo! I was pumped when I heard they were interviewing this guy. Love this hire

Eagles made a mistake not promoting him when Gannon left

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1753079994799309045?s=20

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Not like he had much of a choice on the matter!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1753087542218400091

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:lol: :ok:

Good luck with that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nothing the Easts love more then some good incest

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
lmao Commies

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

The best job gets the worst candidate right

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh man what a gut punch.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Man, even with Snyder gone that org still couldn't get a good coach in. How deep is the rot.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Oooof

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Rip commies fans

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

That’s awful

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Maybe this is the time he turns it around? Haha

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Hiring him tells me that Ben Johnson was definitely the front runnerand left them with their pants down after he hosed them by pulling out.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m sincerely sorry Washington fans. There was such a sense of hope with all the changes and then they hire Quinn… :smith:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol what a terrible hire

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Is... is Kyle Shanahan available to be his OC aga... oh, oh right.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Not to take this moment from Washington fans but

https://x.com/nickcarboniwcnc/status/1753078083320729883?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Bryce young against Tampa this season

15/31 178 yards 1 int 5.7 ypa
11/18 94 yards 5.2 ypa

He also fumbled both games

Feel the excitement

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Wanna see the Magic Johnson tweet about the Quinn hire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

at least the Commanders didn't poach Anthony Weaver from the Ravens but it seems like he might go be a DC for Miami anyway...