Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Still waiting for this to be covered by Johnny Marr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

redshirt posted:

The Gauntlet takes the size of the wearer's hand.

In this case, really loving tiny.

I used his left hand for reference

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

The devolution of the Republican Party in real time. They used to know better than to say stuff like this. :lol:

The gamble is whether there's more of a) the kind of people who would hear them say that and go "yo what the gently caress" or b) the kind of people who would hear them say that and go "yeah get his rear end, I would literally murder my own family and myself if it would spite Biden"

I honestly don't know anymore

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I will never understand why the Dems in the Senate never call these loving fossilized perverts on their loving filibuster threat: "okay chucklefucks, we are going to livestream it and make sure it hits every social media platform possible, you want to tell the American people exactly why it is a good thing you are blocking the "average american gets more money" act, or the "cure for childhood cancer" act?"

Then let the old demented farts bloviate until their lungs collapse, there is no way those Liches can actually do a competent filbuster.

That would break :decorum: I guess

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Feb 1, 2024

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Grody Quest 2024

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Preoptopus posted:

Just had a thought experiment. Say Trump and Biden end up on a debate stage together. Trump is all hopped up on whatever the gently caress. Biden goes off on him no holds bar about all the legal poo poo trumps got going on. Trump freaks out in a fit of rage and charges at the current president with a flag pole. Ex president attacking current president. What does secret service do?

It's America. They'd shoot the nearest minority and say they "feared for their lives" and because "We think we might have smelled marijuana".

Realistically though I've always assumed "current President" would be the absolute highest priority so they'd send one guy to drop Trump. His toupee would go flying and there'd be a big greasy orange smear on the ground where his face slid a couple of feet and his pants would drop just enough to expose a soiled adult diaper. It'd be the most shameful thing ever but the Trump grift would start selling fake gold coins with the toupee as heads and the diaper on the tails side. Stories about MAGA geriatrics buying the coins in bulk and then wanting their money back because the bank won't accept them as real currency would start to trickle out and we'd all LOL.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TulliusCicero posted:

Also anyone who needs to see it wouldn't see it/care or would be convinced by Hannity or some poo poo that actually this is the dems fault.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’m so loving sick and tired of all these decorums

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Small correction, the elven-script of Engoron

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

The something awful decorums.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

More Alizée plz

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

redshirt posted:

Small correction, the elven-script of Engoron

:buddy:

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

*In black mans voice*
I am sick of those motherfucking decorums on this motherfucking forums

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost

TulliusCicero posted:

I will never understand why the Dems in the Senate never call these loving fossilized perverts on their loving filibuster threat: "okay chucklefucks, we are going to livestream it and make sure it hits every social media platform possible, you want to tell the American people exactly why it is a good thing you are blocking the "average american gets more money" act, or the "cure for childhood cancer" act?"

Then let the old demented farts bloviate until their lungs collapse, there is no way those Liches can actually do a competent filbuster.

Unfortunately that's not how the filibuster actually works. The idea of a 'standing filibuster' where someone has to actually be speaking to prevent the vote doesn't exist.

In order for a bill to actually get a vote in the Senate, they need unanimous consent agreeing that discussion is finished. If even a single Senator objects, no vote. The only way to break this is a cloture vote, which in addition to requiring 60 votes to pass, it also requires waiting three business days before the vote can even take place.

So in the modern filibuster, there's no reading from the phonebook or whatever, it's just a single guy sitting in the chambers on his phone going, "I object" every time they try to move on to a vote.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Why the gently caress are teamsters meeting loving trump. Dude butchered unionizing efforts during his presidency and republicans have a long history of dismantling worker's rights.

What the gently caress?

https://aflcio.org/press/releases/donald-trumps-catastrophic-and-devastating-anti-labor-track-record

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A baby faced explosivo paying $10 for DPPH access in 2004:

Paranoid Peanut posted:

More Alizée plz

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Coming soon to AliExpress for maybe $1 if that.

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
Is that the girl from the Europe thread tag

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

redshirt posted:

What's this all about? I read nothing about it beforehand (from WaPo)

That's been in the works for a while. When the republicans killed the expanded child tax credit "after" COVID by refusing to extend it democrats started hammering them about the huge economic benefits it had provided to some of the people most effected by increasing inflation rates. I think most of the reason it died was because, like Grassley said, they didn't want to give Biden a win and at that time they were screaming about the deficit. The tax breaks on businesses is news to me, though. I would have to guess that the elimination of those specific research and development breaks in favor of an overall lower tax rate just pumped more money into stock buybacks rather than investments, which has a negative downstream effect.

On that latter point, I think the Trump Tax Bill will probably be looked back upon as one of his only and worse legislative accomplishments. Phasing out lower tier tax breaks over time while making upper level breaks permanent, killing popular/common deductions at once without phasing them back in while those rates increased to older levels and giving Wall Street more cash to pump stock prices through the reduced corporate rate and capital gains tax reductions, causing a massive spike in the deficit even before COVID. There was really no real benefit to passing the tax bill besides the poison pill of "your taxes will just increase unless you give republicans control of the government forever" and when people didn't give them majorities in both houses and the presidency they were faced with looking like they increased taxes. People are dumb as gently caress and will blame Biden, but even five seconds of looking at what happened and you'll see it was a situation he inherited and didn't cause.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I present to you: Biden vs Obama as a comic. Probably not the first or the last Even has Trump in it. Hardcore wtf. + biden/dbz tropes and so on. https://earlym.org/manga/6065/biden-vs-obama

gems such as :

and our thread hero:

+
I feel like some maga kid (note their credits) must have drawn this up or someone on 4chan or both.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

That's been in the works for a while. When the republicans killed the expanded child tax credit "after" COVID by refusing to extend it democrats started hammering them about the huge economic benefits it had provided to some of the people most effected by increasing inflation rates. I think most of the reason it died was because, like Grassley said, they didn't want to give Biden a win and at that time they were screaming about the deficit. The tax breaks on businesses is news to me, though. I would have to guess that the elimination of those specific research and development breaks in favor of an overall lower tax rate just pumped more money into stock buybacks rather than investments, which has a negative downstream effect.

On that latter point, I think the Trump Tax Bill will probably be looked back upon as one of his only and worse legislative accomplishments. Phasing out lower tier tax breaks over time while making upper level breaks permanent, killing popular/common deductions at once without phasing them back in while those rates increased to older levels and giving Wall Street more cash to pump stock prices through the reduced corporate rate and capital gains tax reductions, causing a massive spike in the deficit even before COVID. There was really no real benefit to passing the tax bill besides the poison pill of "your taxes will just increase unless you give republicans control of the government forever" and when people didn't give them majorities in both houses and the presidency they were faced with looking like they increased taxes. People are dumb as gently caress and will blame Biden, but even five seconds of looking at what happened and you'll see it was a situation he inherited and didn't cause.

So, folks will blame Biden then. Seems like it will work just as Republicans intended.

There's some quote about not going wrong counting on the ignorance of people.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ghostlight posted:

does the nfl play a lot of international games?

The big point about the "flying around the world" bit isn't international games. Swift has a few nights of shows in Japan next week and will be flying after the last one to Vegas for the superbowl.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Onkel Hedwig posted:

*In black mans voice*
I am sick of those motherfucking decorums on this motherfucking forums

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

redshirt posted:

So, folks will blame Biden then. Seems like it will work just as Republicans intended.

There's some quote about not going wrong counting on the ignorance of people.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/nobody_ever_went_broke_underestimating_the_taste_of_the_American_people

Society misquotes it all the time because reasons

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Habba habba we accept you we accept you one of us!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

redshirt posted:

The Gauntlet takes the size of the wearer's hand.

In this case, really loving tiny.

It was built to allow the user to wield primordial forces of the Brainworm Stone, the Grift Stone, the Delusion Stone, the Cruelty Stone, the Poop Stone and the Cult Stone.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
tax bill got me loling that after YEARS of stomping feet about OBAMACARE republicans had control of the House, Senate and Presidency and couldn't do poo poo about it

lol

it was like the absolute ONE THING they collectively hated the absolute most and they didn't repeal poo poo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Captain Beans posted:

tax bill got me loling that after YEARS of stomping feet about OBAMACARE republicans had control of the House, Senate and Presidency and couldn't do poo poo about it

lol

it was like the absolute ONE THING they collectively hated the absolute most and they didn't repeal poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHljmyugyQY

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

:sickos:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Heck of a job Brownie!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Stoatbringer posted:

It was built to allow the user to wield primordial forces of the Brainworm Stone, the Grift Stone, the Delusion Stone, the Cruelty Stone, the Poop Stone and the Cult Stone.

But that's six stones? :confused:

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Paranoid Peanut posted:

More Alizée plz

She's got a bunch of anime tats these days.

You can tell shes an OG too with that Dr Slump tattoo

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Have we investigated the possibility that Habba is actually Tay Tay in a suburban wine mom costume?

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Considering how much money is spent on campaigns nowadays that is not a lot of money for the NRCC.

Good.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

What are those numbers compared to Dems? I'm not super informed on campaign spending I just know it's lots of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So um, what happens if the RNC just straight up goes bankrupt? I assume some billionaire would bail them out right?

If the RNC folded, could the current RNC elected house/senate members still run as republicans next election? Would they have to start a new party and call themselves that?